Project: Gorgon Thread - Training Sale Edition!

An MMO without a class system, using skills for everything in reality instead. Currently free and in alpha, it will be later placed on steam with backers of the kickstarter getting their keys sent to them.
projectgorgon.com/
projectgorgon.com/wiki/Main_Page
projectgorgon.com/wiki/Category:Game_updates
projectgorgon.com/wiki/General_gameplay_tips

(Having problems logging in to the forums? use the username you'd use to enter the game normally, opposed to what you set previously.)

PG is based in an area known as the council lands, a land governed by a cabal of mages of a questionable morality s, currently under a state of crises due to resources being stretched thin, such as a Demon invasion in one direction, subversion by a race of Hags and a dickass Necromancer by the name of Dalvos, an ex-member of the cabal who isn't quite happy with them for a number of reasons.

- Traditionalist/Nationalist Humans
- Degenerate Elves
- Reformed Rakshasa, without reverse palms (Are still slave owners)
More to come- Orcs, Dwarves, and the kind of fey you can never trust. Yes, Fairies.

The secrets of undeath are yours, by stealing it from a lich's crypt-after going through a gauntlet of rape, then finally the lich herself- oh wait, there's another rape tunnel of explosive sheep, invincisnails, psychic mantises, flaming spiders, skeleton rape, and lastly the lich's *true* form, guarded by a giant flaming rhino that juggles you across the map immune to fire magic, and the endless spawning of the lich's loli lich daughter.

Oh right, her daughter, Ursulas curse? It's something you'll treasure. Trust me.
Lichdom is also planned for this game

Guilds are in, and are available for cheap creation (this won't last) in Serbule at the following board for 10,000 Councils, It was allegedly 'Agitated bones' but none of the old members are active or are ones capable of offering invites, as we've been away from PG for a while, so not everyone is playing again and we're not making any guild as of yet. Unless an old player comes back to offer us the old one.

All our player names are in:
docs.google.com/document/d/10M9293VULyIxOa58EWJA-gBwjAsu2RYV5-JS_RVIvkQ/edit .

Guild issues aside, type “/join -infinity” for our chatroom, use /help for other commands that every casual fag doesn't know how to use BECAUSE THEY DON'T READ.

Perform autopsies on corpses learning anatomy which benefits skinning for hides, butchering for meat, bones and extremities used in necromancy, cooking, and more. Chickens giving dinosaur anatomy XP, NPCs actually being able to become friends and eventually soul mates with you for better commerce prospects, quests and dialogue options as well as NPCs having exploitable secrets (like a giant talking mushrooms cranium powder addiction discovered by paying attention to dialouge)

Get to Level 10 in Unarmed, Sword, And Psychology before leaving the new tutorial island, having made sure to learn whatever else is on offer on the island. I'd tell you more, but the core of the game is exploration, and trust me, you'll be doing a lot of it to get what you need to suit your play style, when in doubt, ask. Armor in the game is ranked by light green, light blue, dull purple, light purple and lastly yellow. Aim for dull purple and above.

Animals and Druids are degenerates, and you should never trust them. Avoid contact with Global chat, it's cancer.

Game also includes Goblin on fairy rape, A bath full of ELF STDs, Elf Orgies, A crazy mushroom elf, Sexed up milk horny sentient cows, and mantises with fedoras.

A while back during the KS, an user made a large donation and we were allegedly getting some sort of base of operations, below is the doc for brainstorming for said project and it's probably never going to happen ;_;
docs.google.com/document/d/1Dpg1-TZ8ke_xutV5CNuZtXSOPcdlpAOtO4GJsagZJ-U

Other stuff:
Srand is the Dev's wife and the person who reads suggestions submitted on the forums and through the ingame interface, always check if she's online, as that's the best time to submit a suggestion, or even talk in global.
Go to C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\ProjectGorgon\WindowsPlayer To play without having to use the game's update interface.
Arkaine has broken the sound barrier and is our fastest player.
There are key bindings to screenshots, both High res and low res in the game itself, use them.
Myconic is best leveled in the sewers, Mycology is the best route into leveling alchemy effectively.
The party room Glitch still works, albeit differently, have some fun whilst you can!

Other urls found in this thread:

projectgorgon.com/blog/entry/dev-notes-october-3
docs.google.com/document/d/1ue0QGJaTBwexyh7VcfZauBi4oDrV4Vq935AJA-HSHsI/edit?usp=sharing
projectgorgon.com/wiki/Dye_Making
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

remember when playing a tuba is considered an offense
yeah i dont because what a shit game

That's nice.

Wait, there were bans for that?

There were, because it caused crashes due to a memory leak somewhow.

Huh, well shit, I mean I heard of it, but anyhow that got fixed ages.

I mean this was before they actually put up their TOS, they only had this ridiculously obscure Wiki entry on glitches and bugs back then.
I blame the Nostalrius faggot mod though.

I tried it. Its not half bad for alpha! Can't find 1 of the spoons that cunt on the training island wants…

Any of you guys dealing with textile creation? I need canvas for like every buckle artistry recipe

Back to school is it?

I knew those faggots were cancer but goddanm.

the pain

Didnt they also have collision geometry allowing you to push others

Ingame speed boost items achieve the same effect so no one could really tell to be fair

1 Elf fingernail is worth 1000 human lives. foolish human.

how many of us are playing? I Played back when we first got in the game.
Good times.

Jarsiijyaax
Arkaine
Spurgoth
Hazmatbrigade
Ksah-something
FumingFerdinand
Shroomman
Unteralterbach
Salazan (A while back)

MAybe 1 or two more, not at lot online right now for some reason today.

Modays, I guess.

I'm at work right now, so yeah.

Okay, what's your username, faggot?

Soon I will be able to make the dyes for our crafters to color our various armors green and purple, if thats still a thing we're planning on doing.

Jesus christ that loli loving fuck was part of project gorgon? I may have to try it out now. Loved that asshole in the last Holla Forums group i was in.

Of course user.

It's mandatory that one day with all of us and the interprative dance skill perform a Synchronised infinity dance in out threads and turn it into a .webm

I will play with you goys

Woo, Werewolf cave is a blast, all these dead furfucks.

I'll be joining you guys with kur tower tomorrow. Monday is a shit day to play anyways.

How many players have we had on at once lately?

Is there any restrictions to hanging out? Most people seem to roll say humans, and no elves or rakshahs

Up to like… 7 or so hanging out in -infinity?

Back when we pretty much first found this, for anyone who wasn't here then, we had majority rule on the server.

While I'm thinking of it, if one of you guys has an un-animal potion, I need to hijack it if i'm to get us green dye NOW. Otherwise you wait until I unlock the level 16 dyes, which require a gem per bottle of dye made.

What a crunchry

What potion? I have a few Un-Pig ones.

Unpig works. I just need to get to friends with suspicious cow to get the first green dye recipe. Time to go find a pig juice tonight I guess.

is Sword+Archery a bad idea?

Wouldn't think so. Gives you a little versatility while solo. Not sure how well it would work for high level stuff, but the only thing you have to lose is time and in-game money (arrows, man) if it doesn't work out well.

A little neat secret of necromancy is that no matter what your level, you can still keep the skeletons you summoned out as long as you have the skill active.

This means that a Level 60 necro and powerlevel any given skill they have by keeping rank 4 skeletons out as they switch to a pasty level 20 mentalist skill that they have to downgrade the rank of their abilities to use via level disparity.

Necromancy is basically our ticket to power, never mind corpse talkings free XP

Im thinking about hopping on with you shills. Anything I can invest into once I start that we're in desperate need of?

To top that off, I've still no idea of anatomy bonuses apply to skeleton archers or if thye apply if you have the skill active, so theoretically Archer/Necromancer with Skeleton Archers gets 2x the critical + their shambling corpse, which is then made further silly by use of their Archer/Necro belt from azalak for the drios poisons, usage of agitate skeletons for shitloads of damage and damge increases for necromancer minions given by armour modifers anyway.

And as an archer, you're guaranteed to be a master hunter, so haul those skins to kleave your your ticket to the Aristrocracy of mass councils and leathermaking for your sweet gear.

Tailors, leathermakers, and people who can dye our stuff green and purple are always in demand or people who can add pockets to gear for inv space.

However, a pure healslut is what we've all been thinking about because we've been thinking about running this place that gives you broken bones every other second.

A healer needs to be a Mentalist/Psychologist or Possibly Psych + battlechemist, needs to have maxed first aid with the ability from Yalox to consume nightmare flesh for even more HP and must have levelled sword enough to get Sigil scripting for additional heals.

Theoretically you'll be a buffmaster.

Additionally, a Master of Succ build.

Necromancy/Giant Bat build both builds using their subsequent HP drain to probably NEVER-DIE EVER coupled with Alchemy HP buffs and Necromancy's Secret of the spleen and heart abilities.

Life steal get's a modifier on armour to reap additional health from foes and an even better one that gives you the ability to take it from additional enemies your fighting, so you can theoretically take entire refreshes of health this way staying alive for much longer than everyone else, and with a little investment in sigil scripting and things to increase your combat refreshes you'll essentially have a Pure Vampire build ready for when the skill arrives.

You'd also be very useful for Suveying due to flight and travel speeds.

I'll look into the healslut position, i fucking hate crafting and like support roles anyhow. From the way this sounds I'm going to be completely lost 90% of the time and fucking up for the other 10% but it should be good times.
And no, I'm not going to roleplay as a mentally ill attention whore and fuck myself silly with a dildo for your amusement, that shit's forced and gay

The healer thing is sorta needed, but feel free to screw around with build options. Mentalism, battle Chem, psychology all have heals (mentalism lacks an aoe heal but has HoTs and a damage multiplication ability, battle Chem has an aoe heal + a targeted heal + a golem that can use both + AoE bombs that can be modded to add fire DoTs, and psychology is true support with heals debuffs and possibly the funniest skill names and effects).

So how many skills are there in total? Is it grindy to raise them? Will character resets happen at some point? Is there a "tree" in that some skills are limited by or require other skills first?

So you are a mentally ill little whore? :^)

I dont know the number, but I'll name you the skills I remember

Alchemy, artistry, anatomy, art history, battle chemistry, dying, carpentry, combat psychology, buckle artistry, cooking, compassion, pathology, phrenology, gender studies, nature appreciation, meditation, calligraphy, cow, dancing performance, gardening, sword, archery, fire magic, ice magic, Unarmed, hammer, necromancy, mycology, skinning, tanning, leather working, surveying, mining, geology, blacksmithing, fishing, foraging, butchery, pig, deer, spider, giant bat, lycanthropy, mentalism, druid, notoriety, industry, civic services, corpse talking, dye making

That's all I can remember for now.

As for your other questions, if it ain't crafting, it ain't bad to raise.

When it comes to skill 'trees', kinda sorta. Certain skills feed into other skills or are prerequisite (calligraphy helps sword, meditation helps Unarmed, ice magic REQUIRES 25 fire magic, you need levels in gardening+fishing +meditation +pathology+more if you want to be the very best at battle chemistry)

As for resets, only a currency/crafting reset is planned, but soon gear will be revamped so old gear will still work for a while after, but will eventually permanently break.

I'm looking over the website now, while it downloads. I know it's not really class based, but it says I get to pick 2 combat skills at a time; do they "combine" in any way? Like can I pick say, Sword and Battle Chemistry and expect to do aoe damage with my sword attacks?

In some cases, kinda.

Your stuff mainly comes from the modifers on your armour really, so it's all a matter of how you build stuff to your advantage.

There's a list of effects on Gorgon eye, go to the wiki to browse through them.

Not so much. Usually, as said, skill interaction is more abstract and item - mod based. However, sometimes stuff like shield + sword interact more directly. Shield has the skill strategic planning or something, which increases all slash damage for a while.

Is it normal to pop upwards as you walk across the terrain, in addition to having models pop in and T pose?

The t pose thing from far distance sure, the popping upwards thing not so much

Okay I was having issues with animations not playing and stuff, but I tweaked the graphics settings and it's all good

Wew

Like I can't seem to get any closer or target this npc

nm fixed it

MAXIMUM SPIDER

Yes, but not an attention whore. Shit is lame af.
I'll be building a Monk esque healer with some dipping into psychology. IG Name is PiccoloPHD.

projectgorgon.com/blog/entry/dev-notes-october-3

"new" dev blog is out niggers

Here's a look at the purple, red, and blue dyes I can make right now (red and blue on hood, purple on skirt/kilt)

I cant run the installer. I will download it again, but this will be the third time.

So… I have to find FOUR of these things? :\

Wow ignore the emote, I'm still in shitposting mode, sorry

fucking unity

Wow man, that's some serious shit. No idea what's going on

you know what fuck it, im burnt out on runescape right now and im itching for another mmo, so im down

Well I got it figured out. Not ready to leave the island just yet. Turns out there was a giant floating orb in the sky above it, so I just used that.

Anyways, where the fuck do I get water from? I need it to make guy not depressed, and apparently this is very important for psychology

It's actually pretty fun. I keep getting new skills it won't stop oh god>>10886889

Oh I figured it out. Didn't realize items were usable like that. Neat I guess

Are these troll threads, or is the game itself an elaborate troll? Even the shambling corpse of AC is better than this thing.

Whatcha mean? The game's enjoyable if you're able to enjoy games with canonically double-genitaled elves, inherent fantasy racism, elves that fuck sentient tornados, and unfinished games that show a lot of potential (game is only in alpha testing still, after all)

seriously

Potential for what?

Seriously, how the hell is that shit happening to you? the fuck did you do?

Potential to be a fun oldschool-style MMO.

I mean, it is already fun, to me and a few others, but it has potential to be a fantastic amount of fun

10 people in the world play this abortion of a game, one of which is the OP who shills so hard he might just be one of the devs.

There is no potential for anything because the game is shit at its very core, and it would take the two-man? dev team 20 years to finish it.

Jarsii, the guy that makes the threads, is definitely not a dev or a mod even for the game. I've played this with him for ~ a year. You'd think the dev would know that Srand was his wife instead of me having to find that out for him.

"Dick and fart jokes" What where? I said that it is canonical that elves, the clean freak, sex addict, rapists have two sets of genitals, and that one of them fucked a sentient tornado. There are no jokes here friend, only proof that elves are degenerates.

This isn't some game that we only recently found. There's been a group of us playing for a long while. Pic related

I changed the advanced overrides and I think it's because I set the camera near clipping plane too low. Seems pretty good now

It was too much when every fucking surface in Serbule was constantly shifting and Z fighting

mmos might not be the genre for you, bulliedbyelves57

Oh shit, I think I just saw you wandering around Serbule a while ago

Probably, I was gathering flowers so I could get fucking dye-making up to where I can use gems instead of flowers to color all of our shit green and purple.

Haha nope nevermind problem is not fixed

Okay, changed to DX11 instead of DX9, and it seems to actually render the alleged barn now

Oh my fuck

I think I got the key from the dummy on the tutorial island and then never used the fucking thing

What did I miss?

Not like you can never go back. It'll just cost you 300 coins when you do.

Next time you're here Jarsii, I made us a new doc and tried to clean things up a little, though it could still use a once over.

docs.google.com/document/d/1ue0QGJaTBwexyh7VcfZauBi4oDrV4Vq935AJA-HSHsI/edit?usp=sharing

Son if you just wanted the Doc cleaning up you coulda just asked.

Whatever, I'll get to work on that then.

Eh, I did a little reorganization late last night and made the outline not a retard mess. Then I went to bed. It was one of those kind of ideas.

Friend of mine said our guild ranks should be : fegg, fagpole, faglet, fag as opposed to egg, tadpole, froglet, frog

Jasii was in the ban list for a long time, wasn't he? Is the the guy who sent 21 emails complaining about his bans, or the one who made 4 autistic vocaroos explaining himself?

In any case, I'll be online in ~11 hours to invite people to the Guild.

We've made a new guild since the old one was so inactive

We made a new one though.

Ah well.

Yiffkitty the faggot here. My graphics card died so I can't play bideogames. I'd join you nerds otherwise.

You should read the books he wrote in the game's public library.

redbull me on spiders

So buy a cheap one off ebay or some shit nerd. I got a slightly used 750 ti for like 40 bucks a few months ago.

They lay eggs inside enemies which Hatch into minions after like fifteen seconds, and they have a neat little dance

PRAISE AKHISA GODDESS OF SPIDERS PATIENCE THE MOST MINIONS, EXTREMITIES, AND MAKING THE NICEST CLOTH

AND SOLOING BOSSES WITH MINION RAPE SQAUDS

This game is shit, it's more fun to see the screenshots and shenanigans in this thread than to actually play.

That's fine, this is tickling my Runescape autism itch that I had as a kid.

Wow I fucking regret not getting Skinning on the tutorial island

I had to do all this bullshit to get Theresa's favor up to get Squash seeds so I could get some shit from Ivyn

News just in, my Skeletons just turned on me.

SKELETAL UPRISING SOON

Wait what that's fucking interesting

How the fuck do I play this game

Wander around, kill things, raise skills
It's comfy

Oh god playing music is the slowest skill ever

I'm pretty sure I have a cure for that. I haven't logged in in ages, but I'm 99% sure I have one in my inventory.

Already have one, I just need to find the fucking cow and raise my favor with her. However, she likes "extremely valuable things", so if you're willing to part with that Unpig, it'll cut down on the wait until we can be fully green and purple

Used to go up a lot quicker before the synchronised dancing update.

I put in a suggestion for a log off hangout bardic performance in the inn thing a while back that Srand liked a lot, so I hope it will be a thing in the future.

Also how are my skills coming along?

I'm thinking of Fire Magic and Cooking as my main skills, not sure what my other combat could be. Maybe Psychology

Fire magic Is good, think of investing in Necromancy in the future, as it has a higher affinity with necromancy planned for when players are able to become undead.

Secondary skill needs to be something you can use as your combat refresh, migitate the aggro Fire magic Builds, or as something that can hold out effectively.

What?

New Google doc is coming along, just need to transfer old text from the guides and such

Have a bump

I'm redownloading it now. Hopefully I remember my login info.

I played a little of this before and I kinda liked it, but I didn't stick around because I didn't have anyone to play with. Updating it right now.

I usually like to play lockdown playstyles, but I remember it was nerfed a while back so it's not very viable. Debuffing is the alternate I would do. Anyone know a good skill combo for cool debuffs?

Maybe try Unarmed and Psychology

The former is apparently full of melee CC and debuffs and psych has a few useful tricks too

the fucking heals in psychology, so good

That's what I've heard. I imagine psychology +shield or staff would make for an interesting build.

So, can I go full charm rapist elf in this, or is that just an another human ruse?

And what the hell are "Sexed up milk horny sentient cows"?

1) kinda. You could certainly role play a charm-rapist elf I guess. Fitting combat skills being battle chemistry and psychology, with Alchemy to make your potions and shit.

2)Davlos, a crazed ex-council (arguably most powerful group of people in the lore) has been doing weird experiments trying to show how much he deserves to be on the council. One such experiment being trying to create a minotaur and ending up with a sentient/sapient cow, feeding it drugs in its good to make it go insane, and then abandoning it. The drugs made the cow really, really fucking mad that no one is milking it, and basically sexually frustrated in addition

I still love how he ended up making an entire race of sentient Mind Flayer Tier Giant Preying Mantis Big Smoke Drug-dealers.

Also

Can you imagine the Drug raids?

Also, Fresh OC.

noice

So Surveying isn't that bad at all. I kind of like it. Maybe. Where the fuck do I start learning mining? Some mineral surveying is calling for metal slabs.

Also, merchants take a real fucking week to restock their money? Christ. I heard favor increases it.

yes, they get the extra money they would have when you increase favor, and most of them get a lot of money that way

if you find crystals keep them, i will need a lot of those for crafting

Mining isn't even implemented yet, it'll be Runscape tier when it is.

So for now you literally get bars from surveying with random drops.

Also I have like 50 pork shoulders, is there a recipe that's cheap and good xp? I'm level 18 cooking at the moment. Not much venison, I just made a bunch of sausage and deer are annoying to kill.

Also I'm really looking forward to when they add more basic crops, like tomatoes, and corn. Imagine making tacos. IMAGINE.

Shit

Great

Deer are only annoying to kill if you have the means to get them before they do their hit& Run bullshit.

In Kur, this nightmare still happens and You harvest them via AOE, they literally spawn from nowhere at random intervals.

Serb's best supply of venison is however the Evil deer in the crypt.

Sasuages really is, sadly, the best way to level cooking till you can make Ur-bacon, said recipe being a drop of the Rhino guarding the Spider in the crypt Which that fucking faggot Culinary elf wants for a quest so get ready to do that shit twice in a row or more because it is one of many drops

Whoops, forgot the image.

But I might mention that a good deal of level up worthy XP in crafting skills comes from Musical performances in town and Dancing which Buffs Xp gain for said tasks, coupled with First time Recipie XP bonuses.

So I normally work through all recipes once then continue with whatever my default easy-cook meal is supposed to be.

Yeah, I've figured that much out. I even eat the dish myself for gourmand exp

I really wish I could Sword + Fire

You dickweed, if you click enemy, it opens info box to lower right corner that tells you what they resist.

Implying

I think it only shows once you have a high enough anatomy skill for that enemy.

Oh yes, I think you're right
Still kind of a bitch when you're actually capable of killing something but didn't know it

We Skyrim now

10,000 years later.

What, did you brute force it?

Shall I just wait until the game finally releases?

It's cozy, there's enough stuff to do to keep you busy for a while

yea I sunk hundred hurs in already I just migth wait until final release

ok.jpg

Fire dust is dropped by the Skele wizards, the dinosaurs, and Fire spiders.

Hard to get at low levels.

Here's what Dark Olive Green + Dark Violet (in that order) and Dark Violet + Aquamarine (in that order) look like, respectively.

How do dyes work? Or specifically, there's like a whole bunch of different greenish gems, do each one correspond to a different dye, or do they filter into a generic "green" color?

projectgorgon.com/wiki/Dye_Making

Different gems correspond to a different color.
Same for flowers.I can't find the suspicious cow, so I cant make green dye out of grass.

Rare Pepe Shamanic Infusions teacher.

Note the Hieroglyphics.

Do you know if they plab to make sone trade skills available at the start without prerequisites?

Eg mining isnt implemented and is piggybacked off of surveying. Cant I just grab a pick and go? Are there plans for woodcutting? Cutting logs via foraging seems wrong

Praise be to kek pepe magic

we have gone too far.

there are mining nodes but you have to practice with surveying first

Probably.

They're focusing on combat at the moment though.

Also, everything is a skill, so I doubt there's much you can do about skills falling into one another via bonuses or as prerequisites for other skills

buying crystals, 150g each

t. Unter

You mean surveying crystals?

quartz, peridot, etc the ones you use for crafting enchanted gear

Oh. The same ones you use for dye-making.

Thinking on it, there are like 2 player shops full of nothing but gems

welp, what the fuck is wrong with the mods holy shit

i didnt say anything, fucking pieces of shit

help me niggers, also i may sound a bit autistic but i was mad when i wrote that

http ://projectgorgon.com/member-forum/forum/support/3284-moderation#16804

Did I just mis another >21 emails?

welp it was deleted, fuck this game, good luck keeping players with that shitty moderation

fucking cucks, this community is so full of fucking cancer it hurts

Looks like it.

Look, you can whine about it, post it on the forums acting like you didn't read the TOS or opening chatbox forewarning about attacking others, and stir up shit, or you can appeal to the ban and wait it out to negotiate a return. Good luck with that, they took forever to get to me and even then the conversation never finished and was never professional in the slightest.

Don't fill the thread up with your drama, this has happened twice before and both people got burned for it, we're in no position to risk ourselves over this kind of shit, for you or anyone else, which is why we don't go to fucking global and nearby which is an extension of that.

And also, we've had this exact kind of complaint in the past from people who got banned, the status of players ingame ATM are playtesters and we've already mentioned that mods = fags in this, they're not willing to debate or overlook this kind of shit, they'll ban you and that's all that can be done until steam release where they'll loosen their grip because they simply can't micromanage every microagression that comes across a special snowflakes way (A flawed attitude that has dire effects put into practice long term).

Lastly, that forum post reeked of underagb&, but I won't challenge you on it, this is something you will have to apologize for without coming off as an assblasted kid through the email procedure, which can take days, if more. You have to ask them to check the Chat logs to show that what was going on in the -infinity chat fits into context with you somehow speaking in nearby which someone reported you for like a good little robot they are about.

Ironically, about a few weeks ago, Shroomann and I had a similar situation where I made a joke about Willpwer or pineal juice improving the condition of retards, which got Shrooman on a warning, and me talked to despite actually not knowing the context of the conversation.

Good luck.

Or you know, you can hound the piece of shit troglodyte that reported you in the first place or work towards the report function being used to much that no moderator adheres to it any longer, fixing the Hugbox attitude of Global by bainting their shitty population to lash out at you.

yeah it was a bit retarded of my part, i'll just wait it out,

Huh, the Mushroom thing let me in with 8 Myconic, not 10 like the wiki suggested

Best change it on the wiki then.

Fire Magic + Mentalism is feeling really natural for me

With Pain Bubble you can make a burst damage build using Fire Magic/Mentalism.

I was testing some stuff and doing small calculations to compare Druid's Rotskin with Mentalist's Pain Bubble when used with Fire Magic last night. Fire Magic does a lot of damage ticks quickly which benefits both those skills.

To put it quickly: with Fire Magic, Rotskin does more DPS over time and Pain Bubble does more damage in short bursts.

I wonder if multiple people using Pain bubble would stack…

It depends on how damage is calculated. If Pain Bubble doesn't overflow damage that goes beyond the burst cap, it'd probably just end up being the max damage the last cast one can do. We can test it out. If it doesn't stack, it just means people have to coordinate their Pain Bubble casts.

Does mitigation act as straight flat damage reduction?

Yes

ayy

How does XP for Vocabulary work?

Who here is planning on buying the game when it goes early access anyway
They will ask for $40

They want to do $40 paid, and monthly premium

the better the score you get in Word Hunt, the more XP you get.

I backed the kickstarter so I already paid technically.

Well sort of

I got like 130 xp for 10 words and next puzzle i got over 900 xp, putting me up to level 3

i played it yesterday too and im damn sure i was level 5 then

900 xp for 7 words*

So I realized Fuel Oil makes a handy teleport to Serbule

Just got to 25 Fire Magic all researched and 15 Mentalism. I can kill that Omegaspider or whatever in the crypts if I die to heal midfight. Fire Wall is weird but very handy skill. Looking to farm up 20/20 fire/men gear from boxes for now … Myconids and Mantises still give me lots of trouble and the wild animals in Eltibule are stronger still so I'm kind of stuck at the moment.

EVERY TIME

It'll be back up in a few hours. I'm kinda glad they're down because I've been shirking off other things to play this.

How long will the servers be down? Looking forward to playing this game.

Never leave town without some suicide juice

>want to collect my 8 hr hangout bonus and then set up another 8 hr one before i leave for canadian thanksgiving

Its like the 90s all over again

I was able to just log in and pick my character, so it seems like it's working again, even though they haven't pushed an announcement.

Incidentally, my parent's PC is absolute garbage and freezes when I try to play. Oh well.

bought 4 guild storage slots and left some crap in there since i'm quitting.
cya dudes.

Farewell user.

Whoever you were, anyway.

Fuck this game. Can't even find the npc that teaches you psychology in the first island, and the mouse flickering between the green in-game pointer and the normal windows pointer is annoying as fuck.

Good bait.

But seriously though he's the first guy you fucking meet.

And the GUi is to be redone soon, so there's that.

Where? He's not appearing for me somehow. I found the other 2 but he's nowhere to be seen. Also, can you build stuff in this game? Like a house or something?

He's in a shack just above the docks that you respawn at.

I had a hell of a time on the tutorial island… there's a fucking lighthouse that wasn't rendering because I launched with the wrong DX options and the game fucking with graphical overrides on its own. Play with your settings if things seem "off" … it's actually pretty solid once you get it working

I've been in the shack and there was just a note and an empty bottle in there. I'll probably come back after a few updates but thanks anyway.

He's always there though.

But seriously, NPC's not rendering? I don't know what to think.

When you exit that shack, go directly right, there should be another house around there.

Alternately, if you spawn on the beach, and look away from the ocean there should be a path to your left that goes to the lighthouse. To your right should be a rock arch and some skellies. In the middle between those two should be another path. Its steeper that the other two and leads to the psychology guy's house.

Guild Quest is ready to turn in. For maximum profit, we want to turn it in while everyone on so that everyone gets guild credits.

Just started playing this for a few hours ago, seems pretty fun. There is a weird kind of enjoyment in punching things to death.

Unarmed is pretty good at melee crowd controls for stuns and such. Get Psychology to 10, its a fantastic complimentary skill to most combat styles, and has some self sustain, crowd control, and rage reduction abilities (to stop monsters from using their special attacks as often)

If you analyze corpses to get 10 Anatomy, you can tell monster's weaknessesand resistances

Spiders seem to be weak against psychology.

still banned for 9 days, feels infinitely longer

GoodgoiNoJohskin signing in

I was pretty sure you were from here when I saw you name pop up in global

In other news i can now kill some animals in eltibule and have staff as well as fire magic.

Is there a way back to noob island after you teleport to serbule?

go to serbule docks.

North of Serbule is a dock, one of the guys there can take you for 300.

Thanks!

I need to level up my skills a little higher than 10 before I go around Serbule. I've already discovered the mushroom area and the sewer region but both BTFO my character, so.

Any tips for a newbie?

Find an NPC and work with them the most.

You should be currying favor generally with the guy who you want to level favour with said combat skill you've chosen to start you off before you branch out to other areas of expertise, and levelling up with serbule NPCs such as mushroom Jack and Fainor by default, and certainly the one who takes animal skins.

Also, Learn 2 Lure, and get Shield from South Serbule, takes a while so it's better to just buy shields via barter from what NPCs offer it, giving enchanted stuff to the shield guy till he offers you the skill.

Jesus what, your bars are about as high as mine and I have 22 Fire / 16 Men

Marna, the NPC who takes the animal skins lets you store anything, so she is very useful.

Bump

Vendor restock time is a week, right?

In game time, lest you increase favour for them to increase their barter cap

This is 100% the kind of advice i'm looking for

Fortunately for me, I found a pretty dank purple shield when I was preparing to leave the starter island. Got a delousing comb from Lawra on the first Island, too, lol.

I'm lvl 13 sword / 13 unarmed /12 range. I wasn't sure how many skills I should main or focus, so I focused on physical and ranged combat modifiers. Endurance seems to equal defense in this game.

I don't know why, but this game gives me a serious Nostalgia vibe. It reminds me of Dark Age of Camelot and Runescape in a good way. Also, the free-for-all skillset is very Dungeons & Dragons (which I'm enjoying infinitely more than the Neverwinter Online setup).

How big is this game? Just from Serbule it feels MASSIVE.

Right now, drops from bosses and chests are heavily biased towards your two combat skills. You'll find a good mix of offclass shit too, of course.

You get endurance xp from every combat, and those give global boosts to health or power, regardless of your combat skills. Of course, your combat skills give additional boosts while active, so if you swapped to 1/1 comvat setup you'll be a lot weaker.

Theres something like 7 zones plus dungeons. Some are placeholder and unfinished. South Serbule feels pretty sparse. Im still not able to solo serb crypts fully so you'll be busy for a bit

Im tapped for favor but faggots ingame said it was a week real time so that's good.

We're currently capped for 60 in most Combat skills the grind to 60 being unlocked via special trainers (putting caps at 50+ bonus levels gained from other skills)

Game is planned to have 500+ skills and the skills to go all to 100, Areas are not finished.

Reason we suggested grinding base skills was for the bonus levels and getting the starter Favors with NPCs done for a more versatile array of choices when you started out, and of course, said bonuses the skills actually gave.

We've eventually got to get a kur run going, it's not a hard dungeon, just the last section to the final boss might be a problem if they fixed certain bugs. It's good high level gear and the mobs are fairly easy to deal with.

This game actually has Beholders, and blatantly re-skinned/remodeled Displacer beasts.

Giant Sentient Mantises = Illithid and the Brain Bugs are intellect devourers more or less, bred for their lobes used in drug-making to be trafficked to Goblins and other buyers.

It suddenly makes sense.

Sounds awesome. MMOs have needed this level of customization for quite some time. Final Fantasy tried to do it, but the fact it was the Final Fantasy realm detracted from the game experience (since it was traditionally a JRPG).

The death mechanic in this game is interesting. It's frustrating dying, and they allow death to be an experience counter that increases HP. Alternatively, they allow you to turn on "Hardcore mode" which causes armor to break on death.

Fighting scenarios can be pretty challenging, especially early on. 3v1s are survivable but only if you hit the right skills.

Look I made a new OP image :^)

I like it.

That skill has a use in bardism when it's due to come out.

DANCE PARTY IN SERBULE SQUARE

Oh good. I've been getting like 11,000 xp per game if the words are long enough, haha

Also I've got two pieces of equipment that have combos that overlap, both ending on Fire Breath. The net result is that it deals +57 damage to everything within a 7 meter radius… This is absurd for where I am, and lets me take out 1-3 guys without a problem, since it's only 1 rotation (more than 2 cycles might be tricky). I finally have the rough outline of what might be considered a build.

How does this even HAPPEN

"World of Warcraft was too hard, but THIS isn't"

I'm going to guess they mean raiding? And ooh boy, they're either going to get carried through end game or quit this for the same reason.

Why the fuck would you mention 8ch in global

Autism.

What

Buzzword salad.

If only I could dye metal gear…

Also more pics from me and Jarsii getting stuck in the pvp arena repeatedly.

Is dat sum EYE reference?

Gonna have to charge Brouzouf for that one

lol

Neat, I can solo the Omega spider now.

Nice, what skill and what level?

LAtest

Thread is nice but both game and guild are dead.

It was really fun when it was flavor, though.

Sole'd tidal, nearly got a trip out of the map in full thanks to his fucking tornadoes.

Well fug, I promoted Arkaine to Captain and it seems that promoting a player to the same rank as you isn't allowed, and it can only be done by the person above you.

So uh, hazmat has to make Arkaine a Guild boss then.

Ark here, been busy with IRL shit. I'll get on the game tonight and see what's going on. Time has not been kind to me.

Will do

What guild are you guys in?

God i hate Aizen
He just seems loke a huge attention whore and i really want to call him out but dont wanna get banned

HEY SPUR

LOOK WHAT I GOT

AND IT'S METAL

WANT ME TO AUG?

Haz and friends did the werewolf dungeon.

Ended up getting Birthday gifts for Ksah.

Fuggin furfuck

ALSO DID A QUEST.

Bitch im fucking aizen and if you ever shit talk me again im going to get 4chan to ban and hack your faggot candy ass weeaboo faggot gay ass

Yiffkitty here. I gave up playing. Too many crashes. I need to buy a shitty placeholder card I guess.

Thanks to Aizen and co. for running crypts

Some ingame is getting divorced and is giving out free shit

Jesus fuck.

D

How long is an ingame day, anyways?

Ask Srand when she's on, that's actually important information.

according to devblog when he added it

She's the devs wife. It would be easy enough for her to get the info from him.

tfw 85 vocab and maybe 100 by tomorrow

When bard comes out you'll rock the scene, son.

Just got 100

This so hard.

Tis really sad to see another MMO developer that doesn't understand ==PROPORTIONS FOR FUCKS SAKE==
I feel like a manlet walking through a giants world and i mean literally a GIANT from mythology.

WHY CAN'T THEY GET IT RIGHT?
There are only few games that have done proportions RIGHT, one of them being WURM.

Actually srand stated that was due to the resources they were working with or something along those lines.

they plan on charging monthly for this shit?

Nope.

Single purchae with a VIP plan akin to Neverwinter online

No, it will be $40 with an optional monthly premium

Need more fertilizer for growing cotton though, nice that it replaces itself

No. when it's fully released it'll be a "one and done" game like Guild Wars.

I'm fairly confident they are not doing a subscription based model. If they did, that wouldn't be good for them.

I'm mildly concerned about how it will handle stress from more players. We get between 20-70 people online daily or so, depending on times. Resources aren't scarce but foraging moght be competitive if theres too many people on, especially in noob zones if theres a population boom or bots

Theyre also using Unity and I dont see one server handling more than 500 people. It might be cool if they did what Runescape does and give increased resource respawn speed based on the number of players online, and also let you world hop at will.

Cuz theres shit like player stores and markets… those are finite

Spawn rates for EVERYTHING will have to be increased on steam release, or put on personal timers like the chests in dungeons. Monster spawns, item spawns, node spawns, all of it.

I'm thinking them going the runescape "worlds" method would be a good idea as well.

This would probably be the best idea to go with.

Again, another good idea.

The game is still in alpha state so we'll have to see if they fix this before the Steam release.

Personally, I can't wait for the game to be finished.

For Jarsii

Do I stop getting Stringed Instrument XP at level 10 with lutes?

Yes, then you have to move on to harps to get further xp

It ends.

Shit where can I get harps and shit

Moutns are in!

See pictures 1&2 of

Someone just put a Zombie hand in a bowl of cheerios Cereal that enables PVP down in the Serbule Sqaure.

It's utter chaos right now

Holy shit, it's a bloodbath down here in Serbule.

Oh hey by the way can I get a guild invite? @Fasrabas

The fuck caused this?

the punch bowl makes people that drink from it PvP-enabled

Fuckin love this game

I haven't played this shit since Halloween last year

Is there weather witching yet
What's new
Last thing I remember being added was the Labyrinth

Knfie fighting, nerfs, you can uncap skills to level 60 from specifc trainers, Make a shop and do work orders for pcs or NPCs to make six shekel goy trillion, Rare pepe infusions, Dance syncrhonisation and dancing is now a skill, there's a bat form, guilds are in, Khyrulek has her true form now, tutorial island, animal cannibbalism, and don't knwo

I can confirm knife fighting is fun even though I'm only at 20 with it. Alchemy goes hand in hand with knife fighting and poison knife recipes

At 51 knife, using poisoners cut and venom strike is causing DoT using ticks of 28/sec with only minor buffs. Add in 10/sec/bomb from battle Chem (+Spore bombs) and were looking at 78 dps from DoTs, using very unoptimized gear.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

?

Also, this isn't counting DoTs from gut and backstab , so if you're knife +battle Chem and NOT soloing, it's easy to get massive amounts of numbers flying, and with the right mods, I'm thinking you could see around 250 or higher dps not counting the direct damage from abilities.

But is this game as good as Wurm yet?

new