Games your parents recommended you

Did any of you ever have this? My dad would look up games and recommend me the ones he thought were cool.

My parents didn't recommend me games, and if they did, they wouldn't be as good as mister mosquito.

My mom.

Only when I was taking too long to choose at the game store and they wanted to hurry up and get the fuck out of there

Sounds nice, I didn't know that feel as a kid

I had to play vidya in secret or else my dad would beat the shit out of me

One of the only times my pops ever did right by me was when he made the decision to buy pic related to go with the NES my parents were buying me for Christmas that I begged and begged for.

He will never know or understand why this is important.

f

Christ, just how much vidya did your mom play

Pics related, my dad was based as fuck.

The first game I ever played was Doom, which was technically recommended to me by my mom.

She likes the Sims, point and click adventure games, and horror games in general.

holy shit

best mom

Way back in 2001 my dad downloaded RealArcade, and on it was advertised RuneScape. That was the day my life changed paths and was ruined forever. Thanks dad.

My dad gave me Rainbow Six when I was six years old.
How the fuck did he expect me to play this shit?

My dad
There are others, but I can't think of them right now.

Yes, I love my mom very much even if she doesn't care very much for video games these days.

They never recommended anything to me

My dad's been playing vidya since the 70s. Always had good taste

My mother got me into Pokemon and Guitar Hero.

Hamurabi

Yes, I'm old.

Got this for my birthday. Even though they saw the M tag they thought it would be fine since I was mature for my age.

Alright, so she bought the games for herself but I admit they were fun.

user, how old are you and,

You have my sympathy.

Age isn't important as long as I act maturely. As for your question I'm legal now.

Your mom seems like a cool guy.

One time I asked my dad what game should I get and he pointed at this. Every now and then I would wake up and find him playing it in the living room.

Reminds me of how my uncle gave my cousin MGS1 when he was 4. A few months or so later I had to stay over there at his house for a week and we tried to beat it with in that time. It actually was how we learned what north west east and south were because we had to ask my uncle what those words meant yeah, I was also very young too at that time.

My parents never recommended me any games, but my brother got me PSO 1&2, and Wind Waker when I was a kid.

To this day, there are very few games I can think of that are as operator as the original Rainbow Six. Not that I go looking for those kinds of games, but still, you don't see this level of planning for what would be a typical military shooter nowadays.

My grandma used to play the first Spyro games with me. Those were the fuckin days. I wish I could be 4 again and play videogames, and this time get high while doing it.

Damn, you'd be real fucked up if you hit a bong when you were 4 years old.

I remember my mom showing me an (what we would call clickbait today) article in a printed news magazine about this "awful violent video game" called DOOM, that has just been censored out of the stores by the government. user doesn't have such terrible things on his computer, does he?
2D-adventure playing 12yo user never heard about it before, but was pretty sure, that he must get hands on that immediately. About a week later the floppies finally changed hands on the schoolyard.
The first experience was completely awesome. My 386 could barely render it though. Next thing I got was sound card.

Yeah but it'd be awesome bro. Itd fuck you up but it would feel awesome

Get a load of these casuals

Sorry for your loss user

My dad didn't give a shit about me, and even then he let me play Ninja Gaiden when I was at his apartment.

Yeah no

My parents hardly knew what videogames were, yet they accepted them as a hobby. Spending too much time with them made them angry, yet I managed to dodge most bullets.

Bunch of faggots ITT

I bet some of them have actually received hugs in their lives.
Fucking normalfags, man.

Get the fuck off my board casual

My father had an n64 with just about every game that Rare ever made. He died when I was 9 though.

Except for Prince of Persia, your mom has patrician taste don't lie though, we know you have two dads user

My mom got me started on her PS1 with Crash, Spyro, and Tekken.

What, are you a nigger?

I jacked off the to bathtub scene in that game

Just the thought of Mister Mosquito getting soaked makes me wet. I don't blame you.

We barely ever talk about fighting games here

There was a scene where the daughter was soaking in a steamy bathtub moaning while you suck her blood

Its like a thread full of fucking babies

you were almost there faggot but you ruined it

Assuming you are legal, you were probably 15 or 16 when you got this game. It's no fucking spectacle to play an M rated game before you're 17.

BUT user

THAT'S AGAINST THE LAW

It's illegal to purchase an M rated game if you're under 17. It's only illegal to play AO games if you're under 18.

Thanks mom

I don't think even that is illegal. Last I checked the ESRB had no actual power whatsoever, its just wal-mart and other retailers wont sell AO games.

Actually, no. No it's not. At all.

the ESRB is an industry-regulated entity which in turn regulates the industry's output. They are the ALTERNATIVE to the government stepping in and rating games in the manner that movies are rated
As such, the ratings on the label have no executive authority and all proposed laws regarding rating enforcement have been shot down

However, there are many retailers that, by policy, require an adult to purchase an M rated game. Target employees, for instance, will actually have a prompt on their screen asking for ID

The platforming parts were a lot of fun, but the combat was shitty and tedious and took up like two thirds of the gameplay.
It was on okay game overall.

Yet all he does now is exclusively play shitty mobile games and Call of Duty. I miss the man he used to be.

Played all these with my dad when I was very young. Pretty much only play FPS because of it.

Only my dad and babyboomer society treated me like shit for playing vidya. Mother, family and modern society doesn't give a fuck what I do.

My mom died in a car accident when I was 12
My father turned to booze
I had a female friend who lived next door who I spent a lot of time with
Her mother felt bad that my mother had died so she sort of took me under her wing
She had a very strict policy when it came to entertainment of any sort
She wouldn't let her daughter have any vidya
Still, she was a nice woman
Let me spend the night all the time and cuddle with her daughter
I don't think she was really interested in me, but she was a cool friend
They moved away four years ago
Their house is no occupied by new renters, a couple of old people
I sometimes go and offer to do their chores just so I can be inside that house again

she knows some shit

Can I be your new dad?

Did you slip her your prepubescent dick?

Am I reading sad emotional movie plot?

Too late. Also the last game I remember her buying me out of the blue for no particular reason was Republic Commando, since she found a cheap copy in a bargain bin in some store while she was buying some printer ink and other stuff

Megaman Battle Network 3.

They don't really do that very often, and not to sound unappreciative at free shit, but about 6 or so years ago, my dad gave me a PSTrips with:
And a copy of madden 07 they found just outside, somehow still intact. On the other hand though, when i was, like, 3, or 5 they gave me a snes with Zelda, Super mario world+All stars and Primal Rage, and Sonic 2 for some reason, and that was pretty fucking neato.

Cool blog.

My dad did, he introduced me to games like Tomba, Ape Escape, and Dino Crisis as a kid now its the other way around.

As an addendum, while console manufactures don't necessarily require you to have your game rated by the ESRB for them to produce your game, they won't produce anything that looks or is rated Ao.

i was going to make some kind of underageb& remark about daddy showing you tf2, then i realized it's been 10 years.

I should not be posting here anymore.

Also,

Duke3D

Technically all of them. Early good boy points (straight A's) rewards were things like my first PC (early on it was a lot of learning software and Disney games, soon to be replaced by the likes of Starcraft, Half Life, HoMM, Age of Empires, etc) and later my GBC (Pokemon Red was my first game, I did see a Japanese kid at my school playing green a year before that). They put me down this path, and kinda used video games as a crutch for not being around to raise me.

Mom got this for me one Christmas. No joke.

Anyone ==play== Civilization II?

Is that Mike Pence in the background?

Would you believe he used to work for the Vatican?

Thanks dad

1. Your dad has a size-fetish, and wanted you to inherit it.
2. My dad didn't necessarily recommend me stuff, but he did show me how to play Command&Conquer and Age of Empires on his PC.
He wasn't much of a consolefag.

Go on

My dad had this, Duke 3D and Lucas Arts point and clicks.
I don't think he understands how much he did with that.

Spiderweb Software games, Macbrick, and Bub & Bob were shown to me by my mother when I was still really young, as well as god-knows-how-many games I forgot.
I must have been able to be classed as an avid gamer by 6 years old.

my parents didn't allow me to play vidya when i was growing up let alone recommend me any.

>Go outside and be a kid for a while!

Your dad is a cool guy, that game is voyeuristic as fuck.

My mother despised vidya and I had to beg my friends to play on their machines.

It's downright criminal how the Blade Runner adventure game has gone down the memory hole.

Dad had good taste in vidya.

I actually actively resisted this one - I wanted to get some shitty Looney Tunes game instead.

I am eternally grateful to them.

I'll say. Your dad's fucking cool.