Video game music thread

Why does a fucking Mahjong game have suck sick music? Also why is X68000 music in general godly?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!SgYmDLJC!12Feh-o_B9Fv1pWXtU2fJw!GhRjFZYK
qnap.southernwave.net/RISINGZAN_THE_SAMURAI_GUNMAN_ORIGINAL_SOUND_TRACK.zip
youtube.com/watch?v=IA-wzw1WCjM
youtube.com/watch?v=9H7YvdHLj1c
youtu.be/Es-eM2HLiic
emuparadise.me/Complete_ROM_Sets_(Full_Sets_in_One_File)_ROMs/Sharp_X68000/96372
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

R-Type Leo has some good shit.

While it did have a good soundtrack I didn't enjoy Leo that much. Maybe because at the time I was binge playing shooters and got burnt out.

I can see why not many people enjoy Leo that much, really. It's completely different mechanically from the other R-Type series games, but it is without a doubt, the most polished game, both visually, gameplay-wise and through its' music. All of the colours and audio just 'clicks', and really makes the feeling of travelling through a big ol' planet's ecosystem feel like a big ol' journey.

Any X68000 games worth playing or should I just download some OSTs?

Just try out some of the games in the library. If you like arcade games it's perfect. If you know Japanese that's even better, because now you can play the majority of it's library. It even has best Castlevania.

Cho Ren Sha is absolutely obligatory when it comes to shmups. No game's really come close when it comes to music, gamefeel, and lots of shmups after it borrow some of the same mechanics from it. Definitely give it a try. There's a windows version as well, but it seems to have a few sound issues.

I've never succeeded at emulating any old PC besides DOS. If I were to ever try it again, would this be the sort of computer to focus on, as opposed to something similar like the PC-98?

I wish this game was as good as the music in it

How is that superior at all? You disgust me.

Yep, I know how you feel

I'm playing the game in sdlmame because the windows version runs weird for me in wine

x68k emulation isn't perfect yet but a whole bunch of games work

I might look into it. Thanks.

SA2 has a great OST.

It was a pretty decent game in general I'd say

Bumping this. Why do music threads almost always die out before they reach 100 posts?

Looking at the time between your post and the time before I'd assume everyone just went to sleep.

audio support WHEN

Toaplan? Toaplan.

Fantastic tracks, my niggers

So cyberpunk.

Weird to see good vidya ost in a Mahjong game

speaking of Mahjongg… this game isn't real Mahjongg though it has a great soundtrack

That should be playing during a training montage. Way too intense for rune cookies.

Also I wish I can find the game this sound track is from. I can't find dumps of the game anywhere. For a few moths I've searched feverishly for it. I know it's a hentai game released on the PC-98 and X68000, but other than that and the OST and some screenshots I can't find anything about it, save. No copies for sale online, torrents, download links, nothing. It's almost as if the game never existed.

This is some Polybius shit going on.

I've been on the lookout for more 'off the beaten path' climatic music and boss themes.

Finding X68000/PC-98 games are usually a pain to do.

Luckily I saved a mega link someone posted here on the site, which has the biggest collection of PC-98 games I've seen. (Sadly, no X68000.)

mega.nz/#F!SgYmDLJC!12Feh-o_B9Fv1pWXtU2fJw!GhRjFZYK

If I linked this correctly it should take you to the right folder with Twilight in it. If not just find the developer name and look there.

I fucking love this

This music was composed by a god.

Nice

This is way too funky for a Pool game.

OP on a different computer here.
Thank you so much for this. I really wish I could find the X68000 version for it's soundtrack but beggars can't be choosers. You made my day dude.

OP on yet another compter here.
I stumbled upon this gem and I'd like to know if any of you have the source. You'd make my day again, dudes.

Wow had(perhaps still has) great music

imagine being a kid and the best music you've heard in a game is from the tinny sounding super nintendo, the simple NES or the sweet ym2612 and all of the sudden this rockin as fuck tune from a game with cute girls blasts out of your TV

I haven't checked out the legion soundtrack yet, but I'm betting there'll be gems in there too. Seems blizzard has a lot of their veteran composers still working for them, and they have been consistently excellent with their music, the mediocre expansions/games don't do them justice

I'm going to look this game up.

Don't suppose any fags know how to make .dcp files work for Anex or Neko Project II?

What game is this?

If you're not jamming to this, I don't know what to tell you.

I really liked radiant historia, but most the music wasn't very good.

bampin

Bam

I'm not 100% sure what particular remix it is, but the game you're looking for it in is Space Manbow.

embed unrelated

What's that manga?

Something on Sad Panda that had something to do with zombies, or something. I forgot what exactly I cropped it from.

I'm actually currently uploading the full Rising Zan: The Samurai Gunman OST on YouTube. My internet is shit, so it might be a while for the rest of the music to be uploaded. If you niggers want the full OST, the composer Atsunori Namba actually provided me with a download link for the full OST in .m4a format.

qnap.southernwave.net/RISINGZAN_THE_SAMURAI_GUNMAN_ORIGINAL_SOUND_TRACK.zip

I never really liked this game or its soundtrack, didn't even play it that much when a kid, just a bit in a relative's house.
But this music is like a drug to me, just starting listening to it makes me instantly happy.

Why does a free mahjongg solitaire game have a soundtrack in the first place, let alone such a nice one?

Don't forget about Majima, baby

DMW3 battle themes are fucking amazing.

you will never get so pumped up for a turn based battle like you did in DMW3

Has the soundtrack been released officially?

Why is this series so expensive?

Patrician taste.

This OST is great.
I don't get why people shit on this game. Literally the only complaint I here is "B-But it's sonic with guns so it's shit."
The only people who shout this though are mostly just normalfags trying to fit in and start a conversation.

*hear
Christ almighty.

The guns are actually fun to mess around with.

There's something about Latin-esque languages that makes them work well in videogame music.

Well the game is a very easy target what with how ridiculous it all is when you describe it out loud.
I mean it's fun if you like Shadows character but some people already thought of him as "Emo Sonic" so giving him a gun and making his father Alien Satan probably didn't win those people over.

For all the flak it gets, it was actually quite fun despite it's flaws

It wouldn't have been so bad if it didn't take itself so seriously. The writing would probably even be considered good if it was instead written as a parody. That and Adventures 2

My nigger

There's not nearly enough throat singing in vidya.

I'm going to play this game and I don't even care how shitty it is.

Best arcade baseball out there. And wonderful fucking music.

I just listened to this on loop for hours and didn't even notice, good song to get absolutely lost in.

As a composer I can say that we're usually really bored and want to show off our music, even if it's in a mahjong game. Hell, if someone I knew was making a card game, I'd send them like 50 songs to choose from

Who's the composer for DDDA?

Eerie with a dose of metal. This game's composers could set the most perfect atmospheres and make it look easy.

My nigga

Tenpei Sato's music is fantastic.

I really wish we got a proper third MLB Power Pros title. The MLB Bobblehead Pros games on XBLA just didn't feel right.

Bump

Worth noting is that the original creator of the music went and remade every song from the game. Some of them are really good, but I think the most-improved one is the stage 0 theme.

Stage 1 and Stage 6 are pretty good too though.
youtube.com/watch?v=IA-wzw1WCjM
youtube.com/watch?v=9H7YvdHLj1c

Not OP but that kinda makes sense to me. If you have something with a pretty neutral setting like a really well-known card or board game, you might as well go ham on it. Video extremely related, it's Tim Follin.

And that concludes my Ryu Umemoto / Ryu Takami cascade

Was expecting that track as soon as I saw the thumbnail. Excellent taste.

youtu.be/Es-eM2HLiic

bampin

Love this battle theme. Only disappointment with this soundtrack is that the boss theme is orchestrated like in 4's.

And the best boss theme in the series. The intro gives me goosebumps.

Even if the new Senran Kagura game turns out to be shit. The music should turn out well if they use the same composer.

based my man

this flash game has pretty great music

Honestly, we could fill the whole thread with SMT Imagine tracks 'cause they're all masterpieces.
But for now I'll just post a bunch of my 90s favourites instead.

TG-16 one

prepare to cum

Fucking Darren Korb, man. He's a god damned genius. This is only a preview of a new song from Supergiant's next game and I've listened to this shit more times than I can count.

emuparadise.me/Complete_ROM_Sets_(Full_Sets_in_One_File)_ROMs/Sharp_X68000/96372

all fucking sharp games, you're welcome

for being such a shit act, it sure did have great music

Not every game will be on there. I'd say that it would have a good 80% of the library.

Sage for no music; Shadow's game wasn't just about the setting, though that was pretty stupid compared to other cartoony games in the series, it also suffered from the usual Sonic shit camera and needing to repeated homing attacks on an enemy but randomly your homing attack wouldn't lock on so you'd hit the ground and get hit by the enemy or fly off an edge. There were a few other designs I didn't like, but it added up to be a 'meh' game. I replayed it with friends a while ago and it still is okay, but there's better games to play.

Shit game, but fuck does it nail that staccato guitar sound.