Overwatch generals

When did Holla Forums get so casual?
Can we have a thread about non shit FPS or is everyone too busy playing waifu shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

logicalincrements.com/
archive.is/5Q86J
archive.is/cgjN3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

stop being a fascists, OP

this

learn to ignore threads you don't like

I never said they weren't allowed. I just said why don't we talk about some non shit games as well?

Triple jumps pickup made me instantly install it
Never played UT in my life, only Quake
What am I in for besides wall/rocket jumping and dodging?

Play it all you want, just dont discuss here or well laught at your normalfag piss poor shit taste.

>>>/reddit/
>>>/tumblr/
>>>/cuckchan/
This isnt your fucking hugbox

They're not really any more casual than TF2 was at release. They just have cute bitches in them, is all.

I started playing through the single-player of AvP a while back. Is that classic enough fof you?

I don't really care for it, to be honest.

You assume those threads are made and propagated by anons, that's just not true. A thread about good FPSes is fine too.

Imagine quake but every weapon has an alt fire and movement is based on wall jumping and rolling rather than bunny hoping.

With pleasure. How is UT4 coming along? I haven't played in some time because it was crashing on me in multiplayer. That is probably fixed by now so I should download it again.

Learn to read and go back to tumblr

In case you haven't noticed, this is not one of your precious hugboxes

by the second 4chan exodus

You're are even worst that blizzardrones and hireztards

Yes they are. Over watch is far more shallow than TF2. TF2 competitive while not as high up as quake or UT is far more complex than overwatch. Look at some high level soldier gameplay.

They are one and the same new emerging genre.
The overwatch fags are making the paladins threads.

Sounds great, such a shame I missed 99 and 2k4 when they came out.

Why not start a thread about a video game you like instead of having a hissyfit about other threads?

Its been a while since I played UT4, any major changes? Everything still well in UT land?

Do you have a single fact to back that up?

Of course, there are Xonotic threads going on for 4 months by now. No need to be catty about Overwatch, Paladins, or other games.

He just did Blizzcuck/Hi Razor

Thanks for proving my point I guess

This
Sometimes you can even see them change thread as one goes to the bottom and the other goes back up.

Except he did make one, and you're in it right now.

Go back to >>>/cuckchan/ please

You want to talk about videogames or not user? Maybe post and talk about some good ones instead of getting butthurt people insulted moba shooters.
Pic related is a game made by a small team trying to make a proper sequel to tribes.
It has no speed caps and lets you go fast.

I am. Want to play UT4 with me user?

I haven't tried Xonotic yet. It always looked like a less populated Quake live to me. I could be wrong though.

No thHave never even looked into it and my computer's more than likely infeasible for it given it's a clunky refurbished office computer from 2005. Any good?

I know what you meant I got mad because I heard anons say the same thing and wanted to kill it before someone in the thread tried to argue it.

How is Midair coming along?

Yes.
Nu-quake
Lawbreakers

Yeah, different ID
My bad

The old vets are saying it's the closest game to the original tribes.

yes
delete your thread

Here is an early video.
I hope the game looks better than this on release. Graphics aren't everything but I miss when Arena FPS had the best graphics to go along with their fast gameplay.

Unfinished as shit
But good
They removed the speed cap

This game has been keeping me on my toes all throughout the game. I'm almost saddened by the fact that I'm almost done with it.
How good is Return to Na-Pali?

Now I feel I should play Toxikk.
Its alos funny. When people mentioned that COD fps's were starting to incorperate arena shooter mechanics I didnt see it. But now I kind of do.

UT4 is quite well optimized, that said, 2005 might really, really be pushing it. Still, could try it I guess. Its well made enough that it might have a chance.

Get yourself a new computer though, 200 dollars will get you one that blows your current one out of the water. logicalincrements.com/

And how do either of those things prove that Paladins threads are made by Overwatch players?

There's a consistent group from Holla Forums that plays on a schedule. They'll coach new players if asked.

this

Ok. Lets say that Id announces there will be a "classic" mode with no abilities and everyone plays the same "champion".
Do you think the game would have a chance of being good then?

Fuckoff

stage 3: bargaining

Thats actually the response I expected.

I guess I just want to believe that a new decent Quake game is possible.

It's the same audience. Some are people who didn't want to buy into overcrotch.

No, because the mentality of the developers to put that shit in the game in the first place should tell you all you need to know.

Nice.

So what are the chances that Epic will actually try to support UT at all rather than a little patch every month?
The game is about 70% finished. They just need to polish everything and they are done.
Now that Beth announced a new UT which is apparently extremely popular with the casuals maybe Epic will hopefully think about putting more devs on UT.

Nice.

cool

And yet threads about those games are still thriving and the Holla Forums mockery force is reduced to post butthurt threads like these. I mean I don't play multiplayer shit but this is a pathetic display right here.

But someone who plays any of those games could just as easily play Unreal Tournament, be into TF2's competitive scene, swear by one game but not any of the others in the "crapcunts" genre sages keep trying to meme into existence. The only people who know for sure if it's actually the same people are the mods.

Keep shilling it though

I'm working on it, have a PC Parts Picker list for ~500 I should be able to actually make progress on soon.

see
Mere coincidence

So you guys think Toxikk has a chance of not being a dead game?

Every time I see the players it has less than UT even though it's actually finished.

Post was deleted.

Probably not
They're a small team
Remember this?

Yeah. I guess that is the issue with having an early access multiplayer game.

So shills also mean "anons who laugh at my faggoty ass" now ?

Arena Shooters are dead.

(You)

If he does that, then he would be part of the problem.

They need to optimize that pile of shit. That game has been unplayable on my computer since patch 3.12. Shit doesn't even fit on my monitor unless I change my Display zoom from 125% to 100%. I don't know how they fucked it up so badly.

I tried Toxikk's demo and it didn't impress me so I'd have to say no.

I have absolutely no idea how that proves Overwatch threads and Paladins threads are posted in/by the same people.

I play all these games because I enjoy FPS games new and old, I also engage in conversations about them. Sorry

Kill yourself.

He never said that.

Anyone else kind of annoyed at the 'new' balance update to UT?
Lowering damage on a few weapons and having all players start with at least something like 20 or 25 armor among a few other changes.

Which ones?
I dont look at changelogs

Turns out not really that many, seems like I only just remembered the flak cannon.

Flak Cannon
Reduced Flak damage per shard (17->14).
Reduced bounce damage pct (0.7->0.5).
Adjusted first person flak cannon size.

Shock Rifle
Increased shock primary damage (40->45).
Increased minimum combo damage (30->45) and decreased max combo damage (200->199).

Minigun
Minigun alt fires at a higher rate faster smaller shards that don't last as long, do less damage, and no momentum add.

Link Gun
Link Gun overheats after shooting a (long) burst of primary fire, shoots slowly until cooled down.
Link projectile starts with smaller collision and grows quickly after spawning, so less effective at close range.

Why even

RIP Warsow

Then why aren't you conversing about them?

At some point you have to be worried about all of that cancer leaking into our own threads. You can only ignore it for so long until these people start to get into your face with their shit opinions. They feel like they've been here long enough, they feel like they're "honorary anonymoos" and "oldfags" and they get pretty pretentious. But the extra traffic may be better for the site, and these people can be our useful idiots who contribute hits to keep Holla Forums afloat. It's a double edged sword.

Considering the Flak and Link gun aren't used often in competitive games it seems pretty stupid to nerf them.

Shock Rifle seems like it was buffed rather than nerfed if you read the numbers.

Will OP ever stop sucking cocks?

Except that is what you are doing right now.
Most people are talking about videogames they do like. You are the butthurt overwatch drone whining right now.

If you want more threads about games you like, just make them. Nobody will stop you. Or at least nobody will succeed at stopping you That's what this board is for.

My go to FPS will always be TF2. Apparently that makes me a casual faggot here, but I started playing at launch and it's never gotten old for me. Some of the updates have sucked ass, but the game itself is still fun.

I was gifted Overwatch to play with some friends. I got bored of it inside a month.

You want to know why?
It's like Hackers on Steroids and Chanology all over again. Redditors keep hearing us in the news and want to be a part of the "cool underground hacker group". Why do you think Holla Forums is now filled with normalfags and newfags? It's only a matter of time till they spread to other boards. Slower and niche seem to be unaffected by this for the time being, however. Mainly due to the fact these newfags can't handle slow waiting periods. Holla Forums and Holla Forums are doomed though, the fat kike doesn't seem to care.
Sage because you're just posting another casual FPS.

You're the reason 4chan took a dip in quality after 2012. You're the reason why this fucking site's quality is plummeting. Kill yourself. There's a reason why you should tell people like that to get the fuck out.

Do the overwatchfags have some discord where one of them linked this thread saying "this guy is insulting about our beloved game!" to which they all ran into bitch without reading the the damn thing?

Did you not read the last thread of the OP.
Have you not looked at the thread at all?
Really, what the fuck do you think you are in right now?

Get out.

*last line of the OP

Well fuck it then

Just discus your game of choice, you stupid nigger?

>>>/reddit/

nope
And besides, it wouldn't really improve anything besides graphics

Does anyone knows if UT4 runs on a toaster?

By toaster I mean 760m i54200m

t. /reddit/

TF2's great for a quick jaunt. It's not irreparable by any means and update quality has been on a sharp upswing, I haven't seen a 5 MB hotfix immediately following a small bugfix in months. Casual matchmaking's even half-way useable but still not a replacement for a good match.

Looks like they made shock orbs a LOT easier to combo, or maybe they were always like that and I just never realized it.

Except that is what this thread is.

It's literally just hats and character models.
Other Arena shooters have had it.

I just want a game where i can get dropped into and start killing shit with no worries about faggot champions/heroes/whateverthefuck or skill trees

>implying Holla Forums was ever not casual

So is the new UT still barebones as fuck?

Has it been confirmed wither or not its going to cost money once its out of alpha?

It is free now and will continue to be free even in release.
It will have paid skins like dota though.

But Xonotic isn't casual shit and is actually free and open-source

This thread comes across more as a passive aggressive attempt to dig at the shooters which are popular right now.

Crazy idea, but if you sincerely want there to be threads about arena shooters without trying to bait a derail in the opening post.

This.

Undertale is/was the perfect example. A normalfag SJW game, picked up by autistic anons, turned into pure-strain cancer.

The more you allow AAA normalfag threads, the more you'll find AAA normalfags posting elsewhere too.

lol, what a fag

video games are degenerate and you're retarded

Don't mind me just activating captcha because (((Jim))) is too shit to implement his own captcha into his own app.

cancer threads need to be spammed with images that offend normalfags
it's the only way to banish them back to reddit

>>>Holla Forums

Yous should be more worried about the fact that fact that they are being more and more accepted here.
We have daily generals about this garbage nowadays.

how horrible

I never played Overwatch in my life. And no, I will not get out.

Looking at the thread again, I guess it kind of is. My mistake, I guess.

Diabotical better be fucking good, or else the genre is done for good.

That doesn't work.
That has never worked.

We have to accept overwatch players and normalfags if we want this board to stay alive.
Please don't bully them.

arent xonotic threads still going strong? there always seems to be a thread up. isnt ut4 largely anticipated?

Sounds oddly familiar.

What's your GPU/processor?

I've got a GTX 760 and i3, both of which are pretty mediocre by todays standards yet somehow I get constant 60FPS at near max settings.

I hate the 25 armor bonus because now direct hit rockets don't one shot new spawns which is a gigantic nerf to the weapon and removes its purpose as the weapon you use while you're well ahead of your opponent. The link gun primary fire is now completely useless too even though it's more interesting than the alt fire on virtue of not being hitscan.

Since Holla Forums has xonotic threads would anyone be up for weekly UT4 threads where we all join the same server and play a few rounds?

Also pic related is the concept art for the vehicles that might be put into the game.

We had Halo online I miss those threads.

What the fuck is that?
You sure thats for UT and not for fucking Paragon?

They could also be giving it away on bingo night.
Besides, they've had worse forms of vehicles in UT. Remember the Darkwalker?

Im not talking about the design
I wasnt even expecting vehicles, I thought they were just focusing on Arenas.

A return to UT99 is definitely an interesting thought, but I think people became too attached to the Onslaught/Assault gamemodes to skip them completely.

It's a 600 series problem specifically I think.

Vehicles will be the last addition to the game.
They want to create the perfect Arena gameplay first and then after that is complete put vehicle maps in later.
Considering how fucking slow the dev team is (because half of them are working on a shitty moba now) it may never actually be finished.

UT used to do dev live streams every week now it only does it once every month or so.

I agree, it's pretty fucking bad now. All these shit casual tastes in games now and tumblretard shit.

Well fuck me I hope it goes trought

4chan just had another death rattle, so it'll be a few weeks before all those faggots realize they're not welcome here.

These fags were here before Hiroshima officialized it though.

Which boards was it this time?

All of them

I refuse to believe this is real.

Only casuals play UT over Quake 1

For what purpose?

Its real son
Its just like those old "4chan in x years" parody images.
Life is a parody user, SJWs proved that to me long ago

I went to check to see if that's real and I can't find what board/thread this is and there's nothing about it on their blog/news section.

archive.is/5Q86J
archive.is/cgjN3

4U

Still wasn't able to find the thread. I guess it's dead. But the state of /qa/'s catalog and that archive are enough to convince me this is legit.

I did hear about this the other day and did visit quickly to check, so I'm not surprised. I didn't consider the people are going to think that it's a badge of elitism.

Well shit. I think that there are going to be 4chan Pass-only boards soon.

I thought the crossposting was only one sided, some fags from here are using Holla Forums as a means to shit on halfcuck.
Amazing

faggots here are either 360/ps3 babies that casuals as fuck or goobergate EVERYTHING IS SHIT

Im still here user

Oh God that's just pathetic even for them. I physically tensed up.

Unreal 4 runs and looks like shit for fast-paced action.

I've been having a blast playing unreal tournament __3_.

Its really not as bad as I've come to expect, I did need to upgrade my GPU to a fucking gtx1080 to get a solid 60fps though.

It is the black edition which may make a difference.

Otherwise UT99 is still the best I've played, haven't got the new one yet.

Quakeworld is the best arena fps experience.
How sad that things have gotten this casual.

It's pretty good. Some interesting levels, but they feel more like actual levels, instead of a continuous journey. They don't feel disconnected or anything, but you can tell when a new one starts and you know when this one is going to end.

They're broken up by a little segment at the end of each one, which is basically your character talking to herself and logging her thoughts on what's going on, which I feel is a neat little touch.

moaning about something insignificant day in day out and attempting to sow discord through proxyfagging until the atmosphere is changed to suit you while trying to d&c shill is very much goonery

Cute. Accusing an user of what the overcuck brigade is doing.

We do have a Xonotic general. I don't understand why people play Overwatch or Paladins either, but even in those games there's some skill ceiling albeit it is much lower than UT and other arena shooters.

skillceiling in those games is so close to the floor that even an ant would have trouble fitting in-between.

You actually think all these people complaining are one guy?
Are Overcucks this delusional?

The games are made so literally anyone can win/get kills.
Its Class Based Call of Duty.
Even the maps have similar lanes.

its the method in which he attempts to bring it about which is goon behavior. if someone enjoys something that someone else does not they are not intentionally being a dickwad

Do you fucking now where you are?

UNREAL 4 NEVER EVER

Let's try to get to Unreal 3, first.

(checked)

woah

It's not going to get better either. The post quality is in freefall for a while now. Makes me wish for the anons in 2014, not the pieces of shit we have now, who have such terrible taste in vidya. I miss old Holla Forums. . .

I think the new UT shows promise

Can you try being less of a faggot?

kinda

Fuck off.

But no one said that.
If you want to play worse games that is your choice.

QW isn't q1 tho

that gave me a boner

no

why are arena shooters so dead ;-;

i miss 2006 where i used to play q3a on lan parties…

I've been deprived of all of my bumplocks.
I must come back.

any of you faggots that play paladins want that Twitch Prime skin that came out the other day?

You forgot your bait flag user.

Kill yourself you fucking wannabe jew.

People are not tools for your little pyscho mind to exploit. You are a faggot who does not belong here just as much as the people you want to bring in.

first person shooter is the bottom feeder genre anyway. Some may be a little better, but at the end of the day you're just playing with a different type of shit.

clicking on people is hard though

What genre do you enjoy user?

Truly this board is dead

I wish someone would make a FPS with inverted-Y mouse hardcoded and no gamepad support.
That would weed out the 80 % dudebro audience instantly.

I kinda wish GG never happened

Its over.

Holla Forums has been worse than 4chan as soon as november (that is, a month after the first exodus). But hey, keep wallowing in shit while convincing yourself you're so much better in an excrement pool than in a pool of water with excrement.

user, this particular FPS subgenre is still somewhat fresh, hence people are still interested in it. Just give it time and nobody will remember Overwatch outside porn dumps.

Huh… really makes you think…

How in the everliving fuck do you equate GG with the events that caused the downward spiral of 4chan?

I mean, if you want to get technical, it's all the Anontalk spambots that triggered an exodus from Holla Forums which caused the crossboard shitposting culture to emerge.

Pretty much

Right? There's even now a board on 4chan that only 4chan pass users can post in called /vip/.

Oh user, this is just the beginning

Well, that didnt take long

praise fucking be.

Go back to your hugbox you cancerous faggot

I dont care anymore to be honest
The board is fucking dead as it is

I just checked half Holla Forums. things can get worse.

Make more threads that support quality discussion to stop the board from dying.

I know, but that doesnt make this one better´
Not as it was exactly 2 years ago
Or even 1 for that matter

True, its a much better board than 4/v/ but we need newcomers before it dies off completely.

I'll take that, twink.

No, OP is only being 1 fascist. You can fuck right off.

>>>/irc/

Either we would have stayed under the rule of these faggot mods and suffered, or we left to expose all the shady shit that's been going on even at the cost of the site being under siege from all kinds of SJWs, media outlets, goons, and general shills like CTR trying to destroy us, with 4chan also causing more refugees to shit this place up.

Damned if we do, damned if we don't kind of situation. Still holding out that things will get better. Have no regrets in regards to all the enemies we've made in the past couple of years-they needed to get knocked down and it will all be worth it to see them lose their shit when Trump gets in thanks to us. They're not getting away scot free for fucking with us one way or another. .

So that they congregate on the Overwatch/Paladins generals and shitpost on everything else?
No thanks

Only halfchan newcomers I'd even be remotely okay with are the ones from /m/, /biz/, the more niche boards, etc. Don't need anymore from the likes of cuck/v/ and Holla Forums. That site was in decline for a long time, filled to the brim with shitposters to the point where even the old staff were replaced, and them cracking down was a blessing in disguise.

We left that shithole together for a fresh, new start and the difference in OC and overall quality was staggering, even if this site was slower. It still is even today, and I'm not going to give into defeatism that easily. We will see a return to better days soon.

I for one like the speed the board is going right now. You can still respond to each other before the post limit is reached or the thread is gone. Seriously, half v is just people posting without reading or responding to other posts. there is no debate, no discussion, no conversation, its just high speed shitposting, but not even quality shitposting.

Whatever. The board will continue to slow down and what happens when there's only 10 of us left?

THIS

Maybe halfchan /vg/ is more your speed, kiddos.

It's the other way around, John Oliver. Immigration that exceeds the rate of integration causes death.

We need newcomers for other boards. I would love to see lesser populated boards at the speed of Holla Forums and Holla Forums. I don't want everyone piling in to Holla Forums, like other people said halfchan moves too damn fast, Holla Forums is the perfect speed imo.

I wish /ck/ wasn't so slow. Have you seen halfchan's /ck/ lately? I don't recommend checking it, it's worse than you can possibly imagine.

Be patient, it is great to be patient.
I don't give a shit if they don't come, I rather have no posts than shitposts at all.
Because Quality always > Quantity

This is exactly what killed halfchan. It worked because everyone found that place on accident and if you found it naturally fucking about on the internet then chances are that you were the kind of person who would fit there. Then faggots broke rules 1&2 (I know they were a joke but they legitimately helped keep things quality) told their friends, who then told their friends, etc, diluted further and further until it finally reached the normalfags and the cancer took hold.

If you want more people on Holla Forums then hit up smaller gatherings on the internet with people that can integrate properly. Small groups of people who don't fit means we can tell them to fuck off, if it's a massive wave then the cancer will stay. If shitheads talk about it all the time on facebook or what the fuck ever then this site is as good as dead.

if a few dozen people come over i wouldnt mind, but if halfchan actualy dies we will drown in retards. id rather have the board die slowly and piecefully.

also, we still have around 3000active users and over 500 posts per hour, so we are far from dead.

He probably meant spiritually

He may be new and hasn't gotten used to 8chans slower speed yet. During the Gamergate exodus I moved over to Holla Forums, but still browsed halfchan because it was so slow over here to me. I soon realized that most of halfchans speed was comprised of worthless shitposts and that I was just wasting my time trying to read through the threads. It is slower over here, but it's actually worth reading and posting.

The chans must die, so Twitterfacebooktumblr can live. The big goal is to kill all independent thought and get all sheeple under control.

Its where they come from in the first place

Nigga come on. I don't like Odorcrotch or Palindromes but if you want to talk about what ever moe-shit tier game you want then no ones stopping you from making it.

singles check em

Fixed

check em

Overshills can't get dubs

there is literally nothing wrong with being a fascist

Overkiddies are probably the most sensitive posters on the internet. I love the ensuing spergouts when you suggest their game might not be all that great or original. What do I expect from Blizzdrones, though?

Except if you care about the economy.

I still can't believe it only took 2 years for us to reach this point.
Some part of me just wants the site to end at this point, to prevent it from getting raped further.

Holla Forums was only good until the Holla Forums exodus around 6 months after the first exodus. Now it's been 2 years since.