please play bms please

gitlab.com/beezy/rgg-repo

not really feeling bms today

ドン カツ ドンドンカツ ドン ドドカ ドン カツ ドン ドドカ 
カツ ドン カ カ ドン かつ ドン カツ ドドカドド ドン カツ
ドン カツ ドン ドン カツ ドン カツ ドン ドドドン カツ ドン
カツ カカドン カツ カツ ドン カツ ドン ドン ドカカカドカドン カ ド カ

delet this

バッバッバッバッバッバッバッバッバッバッバッバッバッバッバッバッバババババババババババババババババババァァァァァァァァァァァァァァァァァァァァァァァァァァァァァァァァァァァァァァァァァァァァボーン
2%

me rn

hot

Fucking 400bpm streams on mobile

O2Jam?
More like
Whoa2ham xd

dance evo only real rhythm game

nice meme

nice opinions dude tell me more

What are some good packs for non-keyboard, actual foot usage Stepmania?

Thats a dance game smhhh

depends how good you are dude

flashflashrevolution.com/vbz/showthread.php?t=133223

you want this list

I'm actually kind of a noob. I can do 9 footers, I just don't enjoy them.
I'd like having packs that have songs with their multiple difficulties, instead of just 9/10/11 footers out the ass.

Look for the blue stars when downloading packs then. The more stars, probably means the more variance in difficulty.

get the piece of cake packs too they're easy

Here's a somewhat related question too:
Is it still ungodly difficult to get pop'n music (and similar) going on a PC? I tried who knows how long ago and it was a miserable exercise in failure.

Noice, time to download a couple
Thanks!

Oh, nevermind, I remember there being several stars next to some packs, but that's not the case anymore.

Happy gay dancing.

Pop'n can be emulated. There are ps2 versions and such.

theres also pms which you can play using lunatic rave 2 docs.google.com/document/d/1gXnexg7qd7RcTDrHEOOTyS4Ioj5ZLsaU1qJacWIqRsU/edit guide here

GPops original pad packs, and vocaloid project pack 3 and 4.
Condortalon's shit (the newer stuff)
Valex 5-8
Sharpnellshortz
Poverty Edits

oh yeah join the discord too

What up niggas?
Have some music: youtube.com/watch?v=iPe3LT37h-Y

arcade converts

ban this sick filth

kek

Whats up nigga have some music
I love this song

osu.ppy.sh/u/5154432

dream-pro.info/~lavalse/LR2IR/search.cgi?mode=mypage&playerid=108487

☆6 in LR2 (going on ☆7) rival me faggots also osu sucks

Huh, I noticed at the Round 1 near me Museca changed the color of the beatmap strip so the notes didn't bleed into the background anymore. Shame the game the is dead in Japan apparently.

I'm getting carpal tunnel from watching this.

that feeling isn't carpal tunnel
it's the feeling of wanting to play some
Video Games

Woah, take it easy buddy.

Delete this thread.

Why?

Reminder osutaiko is SHIT and anyone who plays it should be gassed.

How good are you at taiko? We have a pretty good taiko player in the discord if you want a rival to dickwag scores at.

I'll catch up to you someday I swear it

The only song I've been able to perfect on the 3ds version was Saitama 2000 on hard
Also discord is cancer

Go fuck off to your discord.

Taiko is fucking easy anyway, who cares?

who'da fucking thunk?

the people who think its fun

Delete your posts.

Delete your life.

Holla Forums police meme Xddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

You're not helping.

I asked you what your problems with these threads were instead of memeing at you like other people and you don't want to respond with any reasons, maybe that's all you deserve.

How does that make it easy? IIDX has that too

IIDX also has a controller that has 7 buttons and a fucking disc
Having no midgame fail state is a good thing because it means a chain of mistakes doesn't ruin the entire song, but it also means that you can miss a chunk of notes and still pass, even if that chunk is the chorus or an important part.
Oni difficulty only slightly alleviates this.

Nigger what? Just because misses don't force you to leave the song doesn't mean you can't fail or "lose". Have you ever heard of a gauge before?

Did you even read what I wrote? I said chunk, not miss the entire song. I'm not saying you can't fail, idiot.

You're right I can't read sorry.

Clears don't matter anyway so who cares? It doesn't make it any easier or harder to score in either game, and score is the only thing that matters.

All me

If you're playing for clears it means you're struggling with it in the first place. Anyone who can actually play it is playing for accuracy/score not clears, not being able to fail mid song is literally irrelevant. Its like saying that IIDX is easy unless you play on Hard gauge which is fucking retarded.

Bro can U clear OJ??????

I mean wuts ur score on OJ?????????

Checked

Here comes the autism defense force!

best 2000

You seem upset user.
Do you shitpost in every thread or just this one?

Deltamax 2.0

fixed that for you

That ending

bump

Best song tbh.

Shame all the easier charts are bullshit.

Are there even any kaidens in this thread?
Personally I walked away from the cabinet after the mei slowdown.

but then it wouldn't be a ★★5 MIX

Hey /rgg/ I got a copy of Gitaroo man coming in soon and I gotta know, are there any similar games to it that are good? Aside from Parappa of course.

I dunno user I was never too much into those kinda rhythm games. Vib Ribbon I guess?

project mirai or I/A VT colorful
maybe?

bump

My Dj Dao Fp7 has been gathering dust for the past 3 years. How bad should I feel?

IIDX 24 WHEN

You should feel very bad user.
Just be the real DJ its too cool!

YOUR THUNDERING SOUND BECOME THE FLASH LIGHT THAT PIERCES THE SOUL OF CROWD
GET THE WHOLE WORLD INTO THE VORTEX
NEXT GENERATION MUSIC GAME

SDVX Aus soon?

bump

Hiring 10k players!

end ur life fam

Did you switch to keyboard or something? Because that's cheating

bump

If we get lachryma tier bullshit every song in SDVX IV I swear to fuck its time to stop posting anytime. What other gimmicks could they even introduce.

Truly no other method of cheating is as unforgivable

What, does osu! std not count?

Who said it doesnt?

It is a bad game though.

It counts.

Reminder that kb OJ is fraud OJ

I don't get that logic but whatever.

combo based scoring

I don't get that logic but whatever

C O M B O B A S E D S C O R I N G

Get some consistency and actually play a map without failing to hit any objects. It's not that hard.

Get some taste and actually play a good rhythm game. It's not that hard.

Rhythmic accuracy is not the same as consistency. And yes a 795 combo is harder to achieve than two 400 combos. Accuracy is worthless if you fail to properly execute every object in a map like it's meant to be played. This isn't a 'spam your fingers really fast and get rewarded for a 92% acc score with multiple misses' type game. If you don't like it then you can play Hexis, 'lmao'

actually lmaoing at ur life rn

you do realise that your theory is completely fucking irrelevant due to the fact that the difficulty of a chart varies throughout and the difficulty isnt 100% evenly spread out?
Also
user, just stop living anytime.
Maybe one day you too can enjoy a good game.

dude don't listen to these kids who aren't even toprankers complaining about scoring!!!

That's exactly why people say std is a shit rhythm game. It's hard to allow for rhythmical accuracy when your game only has one "lane" and everything on that lane is mapped to intensity (the most intense or fastest instrument at the time), and not multiple instruments at once.

combo based scoring and rhythmic "consistency" doesn't make it a fucking rhythm game lmao, have you ever heard a part of a song played off beat? shit sucks and it makes the audience cringe; so does osu std.

Not technically a full rhythm game, but MASAT2016ROG has Rhythmic Gymnastics, and I can say that the songs are good, but actually fuck Reach For The Stars if you're trying to perfect it

Which of the Mario and Sonic games have the best Rhythmic Gymnastics mode,/rgg/?

Greetings fellow Australian. TBH osu! std is as much an aiming game as it is a rhythm game, it's an exercise in physical and mental skills while listening to songs. If I want to play a to play a game that's more involved in music I'll play some hitsounded mania maps.

Also I'm literally lmaoing right now at all these sad line tappers who are buttmad because they can't combo for shit and have to rely on their finger spam meta. Just imagine I attached a sick reaction image cause these guys aren't worth the effort of clicking into my HDD lmao

You do realise std has gaping vagina levels of loose timing windows compared to most vsrgs?

Time to graduate to bemani mate

Great post.
Reminder that combo based scoring is the cancer of rhythm games.

BOFU2016 ASAHI PACK FINALLY OUT
bm-asahi.com/bofu2016_package.html

Repo updated:
gitlab.com/beezy/rgg-repo

Insane BMS update links added, ECSE HD Skin added, rollcall updated, how to use Walkure added.

Join the 7k+1 masterrace. Need help setting up? Ask in the Discord:
discord.gg/HYNB5zE

Do you guys know about good panels for dance games? I'm seriously considering getting an old In the Groove 2 machine and mod it, but I want to avoid spending a fuckload of money if there is an alternative.

I have two US Beatmania controllers at home that I need to get over here to my new home, and Beatmanias Red through Empress waiting to be burned. I will admit I am very likely rusty and need to work back up to level 7 though.

Has Beatmania Infinitas been cracked yet?

just play LR2 there's a setup guide in the repo here

Yes, I'm reading that now and impressed. This means investing in some PC Beatmania controller though, that can't be cheap and PS2 to PC converters barely handle dance pads.

if you have the USKOC ps2 controllers just get an adapter and you can take it on pc or you could buy a controller for PC from Dao (gamo2.com/en/) they even have free shipping to the US with their US storehouse.
Up to you though.

Hello /rgg/,

I like Rhythm Games but I don't like nip music. Is there a rhythm game which features predominantly Western music from the English-speaking world, or one with an extensive library of such titles?

There's always the guitar hero and rock band series that have a majority of the "classic" western music.
Stepmania has packs that are mostly western music if you look around for it, but really this is a primarily japanese genre of games so you'll have to adjust to listening to some japanese music.

Yeah I really like the soundtracks of gh/rockband but I imagine they're seen as pretty casual in the rhythm community. I'd like to play something a bit more respectable but the cheesiness of the nip songs and sounds really puts me off.

look up videogame music packs for stepmania and avoid osu! while you're at it

Already avoiding it thanks to the spyware in it but thanks for the rec. I remember looking at the packs for Stepmania on their forums/website and there were so many I couldn't sort through them. Maybe I'll have another look when I get the chance.

I'd say kinda sorta as far as casual. While it's true Rock Band and the like don't have things to worry about like timing, their songs are often far longer than Japanese music games. Just avoid the later Guitar Hero games when Harmonix stopped making them.

You can start on keyboard. One ASC-transferable layout is:
ZSCK L/ with shift keys for scratch.

Basically, as long as you have a top and bottom row like ASC you're fine.

If you want to gitgud on keyboard though you should just use any comfortable layout, some you can try are:
Flat: QWE IOP, SDF JKL or ZXC M,.
Curved: QWD KOP (caps as scratch), AWD JIL (caps or shift)

BMS/LR2 has a shitton of electronic music from many genres but half of the tens of thousands of charts are "Japanese" as said "this is a primarily japanese genre of games so you'll have to adjust to listening to some japanese music".

Embedded is a song made by Koreans for example.

That is good advice though.

I said delete this fucking thread.

Good post.

All games with user generated content have all sorts of music so just look for what youre interested in.
Also all bemanis have all sorts of fucking music

my fucking dick

you're better off with just empress or BMS

THREADLY REMINDER THAT ITS NOT ACTUALLY EZ2DJ

JAYUM

NEW DOLCE VS LICHT

"Why don't you give a punch now, on everything that makes you hard?"

YELL

me too thanks

Daily Dolce

what do you guys think of rhythm doctor?

fizzd.itch.io/rhythm-doctor

cool game

I'm waiting for IA/VT to arrive in mail. Please don't bully.

Call me retarded, but I watched this three times and still don't really understand how exactly to the VOL controls work.

Turning the knob slowly allows it to "drift" across, and flicking it or twisting it quickly allows for those snaps. Are you retarded, fuck no, it's tough to learn and makes osu look easy at certain points. The only issue is that SoundVoltex is only available in Japan, everyone else has to use KShootMania if they want a similar experience.

I wonder how much it would cost to get one of those cabinets smuggled out of Japan.

its fucking easy to learn but once you get to hard patterns it gets tough

Really? That's a fucking shame. There's a hipster arcade cafe in my city and I was about to check whether they have it, it really piqued my interest.

Yeah SDVX is actually beginner friendly compared to other bemanis but when you get to 14s the game starts to pick up very quick

Guess it depends on where you start off with SDVX.

Yeah, I think SDVX II had a couple that were shipped outside of Japan but that's it. Would spend a shameful amount of money to get one for personal use.

We 8th now.

how the fuck do i set it up properly

What's "properly"?

the bottom one
aka NOT RETARDED

Looks pretty retarded to me. At leas the top one looks mirrored like 1 and 6 are opposites, 2 and 5 etc.

You're playing on a keyboard anyway, it's not like you're reading the arrows, just the shape position.

For DDR, which 15s should I be able to do to hit 16s?

my auts doesnt allow me to play the top

if i could play the bottom it bet it would be ezpz

Have you tried a ball noteskin?

then how would i know which lane it is

Objects follow lanes.

that means i have to look left right up down x 10 instead of just looking left to right

No Auto play - IR REPLAY…

Nigger what? You only need to look left or right for either one. Look at the fucking lane its in.

You're making it far more complicated than it should be mate.

You cant be fucking serious user.
You do realise the large majority of VSRGs all fucking have the same shaped objects as notes.

6k player here
use orbular it helps

Fucking clash of the titans

Another reminder: it's not ez to dj.

whats a fun one to start out with on keyboard? One day I'd transition to the turntable thingy

For bms? I don't know, but I got used to kb through osu!mania and stepmania. I don't play bms though so take that with a grain of salt.

See:

And:

Any rhythm game can be fun if you just get used to the keys.

Agreed, also maybe it's just me but I like to stick to whatever actual AC uses.

Whoops I quoted the wrong one, I mean to say that I agree with using the top one.

Not enough arrow keys

IS RHYTHM HEAVEN A RHYTHM GAME? :DDDD

Of course not user, don't be silly.

So, how would you fix the scoring for osu!? Just dramatically lower the weighting for combo and put it into accuracy?

Remove combo. Its just a flawed mechanic.

IA/VT is pretty good user. Nothing to be ashamed of.

kill me irl

Am I a noob if I got a C on speedcore dandy?

yes

We all know that feel user.
Whats her name?

Project diva
Pls don't bully, all I wanted was to miku-miku miku's mikus.

Project Diva has a dedicated controller?

Just make every game go off EXScore, its objectively the best system.

Project Diva is pretty good user. I can't be bothered to start off on normals to unlock hard charts each game though.

Yeah it does, it's essentially like the cabinets without the slider as far as I remember.

Huh, that's kinda neat and it's 100 goddamn dollars.

I should count my blessings that I got 2 US Beatmania controllers for 20 bucks new.

thats pretty lit user.

Also
Daily Dolce

uninstall

install this

Although this wouldn't work for the F series very well I use my Pop'n Music controller to play Future Tone

use the popn controller to play popn
also is that diy
its nice

Yeah I just got the shell remade out of stainless steel It was mdf before

POP'N SPADA WHEN

Yo what
where is that

it's photoshopped

also i don't know i just got it from google
sage for double post

DOLCE=

oops