Wall hacking

Why do game dev feel the need to have this stupid dumb down 'game mechanic'?

You answered your question with your second screencap, that is the average consumer.

Casuals.
Give these people Hitman 2 or 3 and they will break.

I think it's supposed to simulate situational awareness for the mentally soft.

Was the map that showed you all the enemies and their facing direction disabled on higher difficulties?

Then what are the camera and speakers for?

Immersion and storytelling

This. It's much easier to just highlight the enemies than for example record good sound effects, mix them so that hey can be used in gameplay and simulate acoustics. Not to mention that most games aim to be power fantasies with zero learning curve and that combined with the general playerbase being dumb as a rock leads to superpowers like these in situations where they shouldn't be.

There is so much to situational awareness than just camera control and sound. Stuff like how the sound interacts with the enviroment and all the minute sensations like vibrations and other small stimuli that you get in real life that's very hard/impossible to simulate. Of course you can do without that in a game but if you want to implement something similar in a game, giving the player wallhacks is a lazy and easy way to do it. Even something like being able to turn your head individually from your body is hard to do in a game with current control methods. The effect of that is really easy to see in flight sims for example where TrackIR can make a world of difference in every single part of experience. Where the effect is crystal clear is combat awareness. To reach proper real life levels you'd also have to have a way to control eye movement on top of that.

If they allow you to disable it then I don't really care

Hold alt, move mouse
Where is my AAA game dev salary?

Shit even the early access scam alright that's a bit harsh because Facepunch does release weekly updates and blog posts for Rust that is Rust has this, and they're a studio of under 30 people.

Haha, no.

Devs dont know what good sound design is nor how to do graphics in a way that doesnt muddy everything on screen which only obfuscates key targets for the player.

Keyword there is challenge. Your average games publisher thinks all gamers are braindead swine because they've come from the movie and music industry where that's actually true.

You think they'll actually bother with that? And I bet it wont stop just there.

But user, they are.

They might bother with it, we honestly don't know
Games probably gonna be kinda shit either way, but hey

the constant questioning of "why are all modern games shit" has to do with everyone being poisoned to death and becoming shit incarnate and being used to consuming shit and becoming what they eat from their head to their feet they'll never be l33t

Reading this post gave me brain damage

I think it's because AAA games are designed to be retard proof. That means they can't be too hard, and more relevant, content must be shoved in the face of the player lest they actually need to look for it or else miss it, and we all know that's too scary.

Is that Lia Marie Johnson?

kek

Everyone is mentally soft these days. Everyone under the age of about 25, anyway. I don't understand where it all went wrong.
Any game I play that requires the slightest bit of critical thinking, situational awareness or problem solving, everyone's always complaining about how it's "too complicated" or "makes no sense" or just following some wiki or step-by-step guide rather than learning and growing.

Fuck everybody.

The Last of Goys multiplayer revolved around seeing other players through walls.

Why can't developers make a game for the core and harcore audience, then add the option of casual mechanics? Is it that hard? Make a new Thief game that actually is worth playing, bring back the difficulty of the games people love and then add you're babby mode.

Everyone is happy right?

start pushin nigger

The casual crowd wouldn't like being told they're playing on babby mode. They want their ego to be massaged.

max accessibility means more $$$$
also
they like to feel like they aren't already playing easy mode even though they are.

You idiots pop up every time people bitch about busted mechanics.

These games are not built around disabling these shitty features.

You'll care when you get fucked over by the game's incredibly shitty audio that renders you incapable of telling where enemies are because, surprise, no one considered it important enough to work on because "everyone will just use wallhacks mode, so who cares?"

Yes.
It only showed your target then.

Good point.

How do you know this?
MGSV was playable without it
And Deus Ex 1 would be perfectly playable if it had it

It's just like setting the dificulty from easy to hard, it doesn't matter if it was built to have it or not

Basically, have the character be a furry with long ears and when you press to have alternate vision mode, the character closes it's eyes and everything looks like vib-ribbon but with sound waves and stuff like a water ripple effect.

Nobody ever does that and I've never seen it before.

In DX, wallhack was a special tool that consumed resources and taking it excluded you from another option. Detecting unseen enemies was mostly based on the loud sound of footsteps.

wasn't it Ass Creed that started this shit?

Even worse for this than wallhack vision is quest markers. Technically you can turn them off in many games, but it usually means you have literally no idea where you need to go. Nothing in dialogue and nothing in the quest description, because why would they need that when you're supposed to follow the arrow?

That it was.

Consoles.

Frankly, the AI does it as well so fuck it why not? But in multiplayer it's unforgivable..

AI doesn't have a brain, are you saying you need to be given the same handicaps as something that doesn't have a brain so you can beat it?

the black/brown haired PALE one will grow up to be a bombshell, just you wait till she hits 18

That doesn't sell. Only Indy devs can do this kind of thing.

Because 3d audio is dead and buried.

Every time someone mentions peace walker they fail to grasp that the game is almost unobtainable, has horrible controls, out dated graphics and cannot be played with other people, most of those things are important for actually having fun with the game. I already played and finished it, what else am I going to get out of it?

Besides, pw doesn't have cute furry characters.

HD collection fixes those, though I will admit the AI isn't adjusted to compensate for the second analogue stick, so they just stand still.

I suppose you could try to get a group of people from Holla Forums or play with your friends.
Eventually though the servers will die, which the PSP version does have over the console version.

This does not fix anything!
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

you can only play a game so much, and PW/ metal gear isn't receiving more content any time soon.

Casuals.

I'm actually ok with this sort of mechanic if it's an actual power that has costs or limitations.

Like in EYE: Divine Cybermany there's a vision mode that lets you see enemies through walls, but blurs everything else out hard, so it's good for a quick highlight of nearby or obscured enemies but not to have on all the time - and it can only be activated with a full energy bar and costs a lot, so overall it's limited and balanced.

When it's implemented that way, I'm ok with it.

Because literally everyone does it and it's just easier to compensate by making it a gameplay element.
Same reason why some shooters have aim snapping on PC. It's to level the playing field without addressing the problem.

Because it's easier to design wallhacks rather than design good levels, sound design for hearing the enemy, environmental cues, etc.

Soliton Radar mechanic is also,surprisingly, too difficult for casuals to figure out too.

Quest markers and wall hacks are the two worst things to happen. Quest markers don't even require you to learn the map or pay attention to dialogue. Just follow the arrow and get ready for the next cutscene! I fucking hate quest markers.

It makes even less sense than modern setting.
Then again, game is shit so who cares.
Sick of this "game has to have the standart everything" AAA approach.
Fucking hell, its the same exact game as Watch Dogs 2.

Y'know, if I didn't see that shit myself, I never would've believed you that casuals can't figure out "THIS TINY SQUARE IS GUY, THIS BIG GREEN CONE IS WHAT GUY SEE"

Are you implying that you need to have a joystick connected in addition to a gamepad?

Analogs

I'll ogs your anal, m8!

Faggot

gwafix and cinematic voice acting

Except for the fact that the normalfag market has so many people trying to cater to them that its harder to make your own shit stand out. Look at how few phone games are successful despite how similarly shit in quality they are to the super successful ones.

Niche audiences are hungry and if you cater to them they're far more likely to buy it, and you dont have to spend $100 billion on making some big fancy voice acted cinematic focus group tested overmarketed thing just to compete with other games.