Fuck This Industry

I want to burn this industry to the ground and start over.

k thanks for the blog post

There has been a lot of these threads lately.

install gentoo

You got it wrong.

X86 allows for more PC games to be ported to consoles.

Evidence: all the indie games.

Yeah, pretty sure they just got lazier about it for the most part.

Since fucking when. They crank out games in a couple of years now which is easily seen by the shit quality and low amount of content many of them have. Most games are released too quickly now if anything and need more time to be finished.

Install Trisquel

But user, the best PC games ever made are already out. Why would you need console hand me downs?

Freedumbs rescued :—DDD

Fuck PC gaymen too though. It's all garbage. People are literally proud to spend thousands of dollars on a new box that's marginally faster than their old one and doesn't realistically allow them to do more than their old computer did. Then they all spend even more shekels to all play digital only games on the same botnet and think that makes them better than other people. All would be forgiven if the games were good but they are worse than ever before. I would literally rather flush money down the toilet. Watching it flush would be entertaining for longer. I'm finally getting a PS2 because I found out you can just shove a hard drive in them and play whatever you want these days. Along with other older consoles I'll probably stop being a participant in the modern industry for a long time. Maybe forever.

hey geek why dont you take a long walk off a short pier

At least the Japanese are finally learning how to optimize their engines for Windows. Now we just need to get them to do the same for GNU+Lincucks.

Who touted it? Holla Forums petition race spergs who have no idea how gamedev works?

Been doing this for 2 years user. Going trough my backlog has been a lot of fun Don't skip the GameCube.

All nintendo systems have been holocausted by meme prices though. I guess I could emulate but I would want to play it on my CRT.

Are you retarded?

it's a studio monitor that would be fried by the normal output from a PC. I already wasted money on a special GPU to do it but I can't get it to work properly.

Yeah I stopped caring about the Western game industry a few years ago. Don't give a shit about multiplayer, MMOs or MOBA.

Occasionally a good indie game comes out. JRPGs, VNs and old games is all I need.

A decent alternative is to get a wii or xbox and emulate on that. They both handle emulation acceptable systems very well. That is, up to the SNES. Saturn and up you are best off running on legit hardware.

video games industry meme buzzword

That's not what it was for. It was to save Sony and MS a lot of R&D money. They don't give a single fuck about your PC ports. And if this is the biggest problem you have with the industry, you are part of the actual problem.

x86 was to make cost cheaper by adhering to a hardware standard.

Yes because they are no longer 2d sprite games that can be made in a month with modern tools.

I've seen it everywhere, but does anybody actually know what manga this panel's from? I really want to read about a time travelling hitler

gremlin interactive used to make games in 6 months

I still don't understand this. My computer is going on 6 years old and I'm always finding an old gem of a game to play. There is no reason to upgrade really.

Good riddance.

I have a first gen i7. I really don't know what's going to make me replace it at this point. Hardware failure in a decade or so I guess.

Just keep replacements on hand user. They're cheap and don't have to eat.

I have played PowerStone 2 on the Dreamcast and guess what, it sucked balls. The fps was fucking terrible. But whatever, it is your loss, pal.

Well the caveat is "fuck modern PC gaymen"
Almost my entire life I basically just played FPS, RTS and the occasional RPG all on PC. I had a PS1 for action games and later an xbox because I was 12 at the time and halo.

my god, what a boring fucking genre.

RTS games are like The Sims but made solely by the veteran autistic people in /tg/, and just like the sims, they're all boring as fuck

revised and expanded

It's like an arms race. Manufacturers are trying their hardest to convince you that you need that next new thing, while it would probably run just fine on your five year old middle-class machine.
I like that new trend of miniaturisation though.

im not a /k/ guy, i dont know anything about guns, but answer me this: do gun manufacturers intentionally develop a new size-shape of ammo every fucking year to make dumb goyim buy new guns that fit that new type of ammo? because thats what nvidia and intel do with their chips and games.

they don't really have to try very hard, the growing ape population keeps guns in hands. There are 23048203482049 AR-15 makers and all of them stay in business.

well, i suppose the difference here is that manufacturing microchips is several powers more complex than manufacturing guns, so anyone can technically do it, while as microchips need a fuckton of engineers banging their heads together and using incredibly precise machinery to develop even one new type.

subhuman detected

Careful with that edge.

Where is Earth 21X0 series? Or is it not for plebs?

what an emo post. you cant start over are you mentally challenged?

Billy Bat by Naoki Urasawa.

And Hitler is a secondary character in it

Inferior, yet free, reproductions of the real hardware/software