New Nintendo 3DS

So I haven't picked up my 3DS XL in a while, and I'm wondering if there's a point to upgrading? What games require the update? Does the new hardware matter for existing games? Are they ever going to make one that doesn't look gay?

Just wait for Citra

Just wait for the NX if it is ever revealed.

have you tried doing your own research, OP?

FUCK THAT SHIT, WHEN CITRA WILL BE DECENTLY CODED

if it's under 3.60 don't update it. You can hack it and then set up a al9h that let's you update to the latest firmware safely.
If it is above 3.60, the only way to hack the 3ds is a hardmod.

wut?

its set in the IV gen of balances etc.

same goes for ORAS is gen VI

This is false, you dumbfuck

Maybe user was thinking of the vita.

also why are people still replying to a (1) and done OP?

Here is your NX.

That's just a shitty tablet.

Yeah, it's a shitty tablet. It's a shitty tablet that seems to match up with all those rumors about the NX's features. As far as I know, the only difference between this thing and the NX is that it uses cartridges.

Mostly same games so there is no point. I have the original and didn't play it for sometime. Maybe I will get the NX after piracy and some good games.

who cares lol

A lot of people apparently.

Otherwise I don't think we''d be at the point where most people (even here.) just believe the thing is a hybrid as a fact.

Nah man there's not really any point. If you've got cfw you're good to go

What are the must have games on DS/3DS?

Waste of dubdubs.

Go to the homebrew genereal. Don't fucking update your system until you get help in that thread.

If it's 10.7 firmware or lower, guess what? You can have full piracy, pseudo-overclocking and 100% protection against Nintendo's shit in under an hour.

Underage detected, (atomic) purple is the best.

Unless you are extreme buyfag don't upgrade.

It is good choice if you don't have 3DS but you might as well get circle pad-pro and have half of its features.
Amiibo is shit. All e-shop titles are ports so you can play them on emulators. Even only good game exclusive to it Xenoblade Chronicles is port from Wii. Go download dolphin.

If you want Nintendo go put your money on either Wii or WiiU.

Kid Icarus and I have no real idea.
Pretty much everyone who played it liked it.

Thanks a ton

Any SNES games if you don't want a hardwarelevel emulator like BLARGG
Isaac Rebirth if you want it to crash whenever peep spawns I only have one because some games people have uploaded for smilebasic need it. It's mostly just a couple nice "oh this slightly works better" moments, like with the GBC years ago.

Why even bother getting a 3DS?
All the games are either shitty sequels or things you've already seen a thousand times.
Emulation barely works.
Console is still locked as fuck
Can't even download DS games or use the vast majority of flashcarts
Snes emulator is exclusive to new models, and even then you have to go through hoops to inject games into it
Battery is shit
Screen is shit
Shape is shit
Games and Console are overpriced to hell

Spend 40$, get a PSP 2000, homebrew it and play all the shit you've missed + movies on the go + comics on the go

PSPs are fucking garbage. Also Flashcarts work on my n3ds just fine, love it when morons like you speak from total inexperience.

not all flashcarts for the DS work on the 3DS, as a matter of fact very few of them do.
Go be a nigger somewhere else

Vitas are still a huge waste of money and the homebrewing is nowhere closed to being as refined as it is on the PSP. Maybe in a few years when they become cheaper it will be worth it, but unless you want to play weeb games the Vita is still pointless.

I'm sorry, I couldn't hear you over the sound of my R4i running in my n3ds. Go format your posts like a redditor somewhere else.

Oh so you're retarded, my bad, should've gotten that from your first post.

Also just to point out how well your actually R4i works
Enjoy the outdated OS and the games that won't start because of it

You blow in from stupid town amigo?

If you say so, champ.

pic related, you don't know shit about flashcarts if you think that's the correct R4i. Mind you, why would you know shit about DS flashcarts, you're a poor boy who can only afford PSPs no one gives a shit about.

The reddit spacing consists of two spaces between fraces
Example:

I hope you do realise that Flashcarts are less expensive than PSPs

But the system to use the flashcart isn't. Are you literally retarded?

Is this the same person from the GBA thread?

PSP's are still a pretty great handheld compared to the 3ds, they are games for all genres compared to the 3ds only having rpgs, nintendo games, and sega 3d classics on it.

Smilebasic is legit comfy fun. Shame the community is so shit.

Just to be clear here? Nearly everyone here is an idort anyway right? Everyone here probably at least has one or two PSPs knocking about in their house.

What the fuck kind of argument is this?
Please go get a brain scan

I got that phrase in gif form

They do different things. Suggesting PSP over OP asking specifically about a 3ds is retarded. It's like someone asking what kind of beer they should drink and you act like a faggot and tell them they should really be drinking water instead. It's autistic as fuck. I own a hacked vita and play all the PSP games and vita games I want, but I don't run around demanding that people see that as the ONLY OPTION FOR PORTABLE GAMING, mostly because I'm not autistic.

Okay, so you're actually autistic. Well now it all makes sense.

I don't know what to tell you user

Everyone here probably has a Homebrew/piracy capable PSP, OP is asking about the 3ds. Stop being a such a fag.

Yep, still get my in working conditions. I really want to do the battery mod like this.

Don't buy a New 3DS unless your 3ds is busted. New 3DS only runs few select games better and only has 3 exclusives that perform worse then the platforms they are originally on.

Wow dude. If you really need me to clarify I can: I called you poor because you buy PSPs. Flashcarts were not in any way involved in that statement.

Sony doesn't get a dime from purchasing it, why are you nintoddlers so angry?

He asked if there was any reason to upgrade, I told him no, then the other faggot started going on about flashcarts.
Go complain to him

Nice double post user. Also PSPs and 3DS are not mobile gaming, they're handhelds. Your millennial scum is showing.
And by the way, yes, PSPs are the and all be all of handhelds. And even if they weren't, the 3DS isn't even close to second place.

Fair enough about your post being cryptic, I hope you can see how anybody would've thought that you were talking about flashcarts since we were talking about flashcarts.

Funny, back in my day those were the only mobile gaming. Sounds to me like your "millennial scum" as you so autisticly put it, is showing.

Nah bro, you're just autistic, I didn't say shit about you not being able to afford flashcart and I didn't say my post was cryptic. Stop making shit up.

You are absolutely the sort of cancer that needs to post less and lurk moar. And no, PSP still isn't the end all be all, it's the poor mans solution, which you clearly are, so it's fine for you, but running in to threads autisticly ranting about how it's the absolute best is just pathetic and really shows that you have a serious inferiority complex.

What a waste of satanic trips.

Your browser didn't fuck up, the posts are different
You're probably so angry about someone suggesting something different that actually works that you sent the message to soon and then realized it wasn't offensive enough.

No they weren't. They're always been handhelds. Mobile is associated with phones.

Please don't be like that, try to be adult about this, okay?

When you need to call someone poor to defend your argument then you really have reached the bottom of the barrel of retardedness. You're transpiring newfaggottry from every single post, from your reddit spacing shit, to calling people autistic because they call you out on your retarded shit and calling others poor.
I would take your own suggestions and lurk more. I know r/4chan just closed, but you can't just come here and expect to fit in immediately

Yeah genius, it looked like the first one didn't post to me, so I posted the second one with a minor clarification because I know you need those. Again, you're autistic. I'm not angry about you suggesting an alternative, I'm not angry about shit side from you acting like an autistic faggot towards me and posting tons of "JUST" memes attempting to make me look stupid.

Way to reveal how old you are. In the 80's and 90's they were called portables/mobiles/handhelds. But go ahead, keep autisticly sperging out over language. It's great.

Lul nope, cry more though.

Nigger, you are trying so hard to come back form this, but there is no coming back. Sorry, you lost, and reciting the name of reddit boards and knowing they just closed sure isn't going to help you out. Throwing out buzzwords isn't going to help you. You just spent half the thread autisticly sperging out because you misunderstood one of my posts, and you're STILL butthurt about it.

I'm sorry you're poor, maybe you should consider getting over it. Either way, I'm done. This has been fun though. Keep spreading the word about your savior the PSP.

This is really not worth it, just promise me you'll lurk more and you won't get into more shitty arguments, alright?
Really ruins the overall quality of the board

This board has turned to shit and its because of autistic faggots like you who rush in to threads insisting that what they have is the absolute best when they have nothing to back that up other than it's what they have. You're the cancer here, and you need to lurk moar, I'm the one who said it to you first and you're the one who came in and shit up the thread with your garbage posts. Keep distorting events in your mind to keep your precious ego intact though. Like I said. I'm done, get in the last word if you really feel like you need to though.

nds rom mode when

Not worth it if you already have the original one.

I got one but only because it's my first 3DS.