Suprisingly good game ideas

What ideas sound bad at first but could be golden if executed correctly?

To this day I get mad at the fact the game was just a shallow VN, wish there was an actual Ruler Upbringing Simulator with no magic element

Not where you're a gladiator stuck in an arena all the time either.

Doesn't even need to be historical either, you can add some fantasy in there if you want, fight some myth monsters and shit.

So many fantasy games take inspiration from that era. The empire itself, barbarians and their various different cultures, fucking Egypt. But all we ever get is Medieval and Tolkien, despite the classical era being the same damn shit, but with a much cooler aesthetic, especially when it comes to armor.

I want Paradox to make a Hunter: The Vigil game that's just WoD-themed XCOM.

Hunting vampires and werewolves and other spooks at nighttime with the rest of your cell, eventually meeting up with larger communities and conspiracies.

Actually, Paradox doing anything with White Wolf's properties sounds bad but could be amazing.

Only $10 for werewolf character models

I don't care, there's been ONE good game based on a White Wolf property, and it was the second-worst property they even have.

Yeah, I said it. Vampire can suck my dick.

Vampires you say? That'll be a mere $15, friend.

You play as a desiring game developer. You have the skill and a team but you're all too dumb to think of a game so you try to steal ideas from users of an imageboard.

That's one ugly chink.

somehow thats a problem? we will either make vidyas or get left in the dust. not like most of Holla Forums is putting their "talent" to use anyways

A detective of supernatural, let's say like l.a. Noir, mixed with some managerial shit a la xcom….fuck I just want a game that plays on pic related

Sounds like this, but a factory builder instead of city builder

forgot to add you've got to also manage an inner city of civilians that your ultimate goal is to protect and allow to thrive through constant expansion.

I sense a factorio mod in the making…

Just add Artillery and I am buying it.

I would also add some form of turning an engineer view to RTS. You can easily do a lot by just running around in Factorio but it would be just more fun to send drones instead of going yourself.

That's why you have construction bots, mate.

I know.
Problem is you still need to move your engineer near it to start making it.
I was also thinking about allowing for some basic army. You are not alone here anymore, why won't you give these people guns in exchange for huge dislike in the city and obvious decrease in population?

An mmo in which magic is present as a complicated scripting language that goes over most players' heads, and ctrl-v is disabled.

However, the player must still spend points in the character build in order to unlock functions and increase potential values.

As a result, wizards have wildly unpredictable and mysterious powers, as opposed to set spell-lists every player knows about.

Java wizards can cast some mediocre cantrips
HTML wizards can shape how you look like.
C wizards manipulate raw energy from the world
C++ wizards can transmute and duplicate objects.
ASSEMBLY wizards are one with the VOID and the inner workings of magic and don't speak like normal humans.
Python are sorcerers and everyone hates them.

The world is split into Islands. Each island is a diferent Linux build, and you have to script "Network Adapters" to teleport between them.
Instead of equipping gear, you get drivers for it.
The Auction house is a package fetcher.

The EVIL ISLAND where end-game PVE occurs is Microsoft Island.
The expansion adds an Apple shapped Island. But it costs 699$

Civilization 3 combined with sim city 4.

KSP combined with Space Engine and some other game such as the Xseries &/or sim city to give it substance.

What isn't "golden" when it's actually done correctly? Isn't that the definition of "correct"?

Anyone could post anything itt and no one could say they're wrong.

Guard this idea, because it sounds pretty fucking rad

Some people like being soldiers so an army camp to train and a recruitment office to recruit would cover enough troops for defense but if shit got bad (not only would more people volunteer) but also you could start a draft to get as many as possible.
The main consequence would be the deaths leaving widows and barely any manpower for the fields and factories resulting in a decrease in productivity.

Not a new idea. I already had it for longer than one year ago

I am already working on the Lisp interpreter

Space Shooter something along the lines of Freespace where the campaign is essentially co-op where the entire squadron are real players. However if any of the people in your squadron are killed in action that's them gone forever and they can no longer play in your squadron. The only people you get as replacements are complete newbie randoms who you'll have to babysit. So if your buddy dies in combat you'll no longer have them around.

Sounds like one of those educational games they use in coding classes.

Titan's Quest is a greek ARPG, which is sort of like rome, except better.

Holy fuck that's beautiful, I need to download Factorio.

If the AI was better I would play this game all day

Sindbad/Mythology/Pirate lore-inspired open-world RPG with naval combat, swashbuckling and sea shanties. This industry seems to hate pirates (understandably), and I'm sick of it.

Nice idea, but how would you prevent dead players from just starting new accounts to get back in your squadron?

Also players killed by cheap deaths like lag sending them into a wall.

This.
Royalty is cool and all, but magic is even cooler.
Hell, you could just make a VN about a loli going to magic school on this concept and it would be fucking amazing.

it'd be pretty easy to just flag their steamID or whatever in the game itself.

player = steamid 112233445566 = disallowed from joining squadron 12345 or something to that effect

"Currently existing game+my gay idea" isn't an idea.

A man can dream, user.

Also, show us these "currently existing games" you're talking about.

The ice cubes in MGS2 melting at realistic speed. Like it's fantastic that someone spent time and effort to do that but there's absolutely no point behind making it other than showing that it can be done.

This.
Shit no player will ever find in a dozen runs that feels more akin to "why not include it, I've got nothing else to code for the next day" tends to fall into this.
Immersion is one thing, shit nobody will notice is another.

Didn't some anons in a Space Thread try to do this with Freespace Open? Where pilots would try to eject if heavily damaged meaning you not only had to fend off the enemy, deal with a loss of a wingman, but also defend a wingman?

Westworld game, akin to Dead Rising. Beating the game or perhaps getting the true ending unlocks resort mode, where you can enjoy your stay as it was intended instead of fighting for your life.

No one would play this game.

I don't mean anons, of course they'd play, but the people MMO developers count on too either buy their shitty cash shop shit or subscriptions.

Here, here.
2D minebomber multiplayer-kind of game. You have a base, but it can only supply you to make a short expedition. You can never get enough resources to go very far away in the mines. So you need to make trading deals with unknown people you meet. Trading and making alliances is the only way to explore larger regions. Because that is the only way to get more supplies, to make your searching range bigger.
And to really "see" the world you have to make deals with multiple people/factions to progress.

You're a guard at a remote watchtower out in the country. You have a few NPC guards that help you and it's your duty to help the surrounding area.

I kinda want a game where you get to know the terrain and the locals but stay in one spot. Most RPGs do give you a home base but not keep you in a highly detailed area around it.