Was he /ourguy/?

Was he /ourguy/?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=EDS00Pnhkqk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Of course.

He's everyone's guy.

Although implying he was northern European is rather silly.

He was pretty okay.

spook.

Yeah

Christ despised your system, he calls you the Harlot, or Whore of Babylon.

how is that painting northern european looking?

This.

Jesus is the ultimate symbol for ideological *sniff* universality.

YES

Lotta Porky sycophanting going on

eh, he couldn't have said "dont pay taxes" back then bc they would have killed him. I think the render unto caesar quote is probably more like "yeah it's just lil caesar not god so his money don't mean much"

Yep.

James 5:1-5 Warning to Rich Oppressors
5 Go to now, ye rich men, weep and howl for your miseries that shall come upon you.

2 Your riches are corrupted, and your garments are motheaten.

3 Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days.

4 Behold, the hire of the labourers who have reaped down your fields, which is of you kept back by fraud, crieth: and the cries of them which have reaped are entered into the ears of the Lord of sabaoth.

5 Ye have lived in pleasure on the earth, and been wanton; ye have nourished your hearts, as in a day of slaughter.

6 Ye have condemned and killed the just; and he doth not resist you.

How edgy :^)

Was he, dare I suggest, our guy?

yes youtube.com/watch?v=EDS00Pnhkqk

He is still there
watching us from sky above

I'm reading Debt: The First 5,000 years, and he makes an interesting paralell between the Jesus and the economic systems of the time.

A bit of backstory: In the ancient world, kingdoms would frequently experience debt crises. Usurers would provide loans to peasants, then when they failed to repay, the peasants would be forced to give up their land and/or sell their children into slavery in order to redeem their debts. Eventually, the banking class would own almost all the land, fields would go unsowed, and society would start to fall apart. Because of this, kings were forced to enact "Jubilee" in which all debts were forgiven, peasants could go back to their land, and debt-slaves could go back to their mothers. Originally something that only happened when a king ascended to power, debt crises began happening so often that some places had a Jubilee as often as every seven years.

So, in this part of the world with a long tradition of kings forgiving debts, and of giving sons and daughters in repayment of debts, along comes Jesus. Not only does he chase the usurers out of a temple with a whip, but Christ the Redeemer comes to forgive humanity of all its debts of sin. God gives his son to redeem all of humanity.

- Collossians 2:13-2:15

Hell now nigga

Jesus of Nazareth is "our guy" in more ways than you can imagine. He even expelled the money changers from the temple.

But Jesus didn't look like Cesare Borgia. Cesare was a massive sexual bull and a revolutionary, but I'm not sure he was "our guy" either.

Why does it offend liberal and "radical" sensibilities so much to admit Islam is a trash religion without insulting Christianity too?

I'm insulted Jesus is considered anything similar to that pedophile warmonger

If he was my guy I don't think I'd living in the closest comparable thing to purgatory.

he had to have existed to be your guy :^)

Would he?

Are you talking about capitalism?