Saturday Night Horror Thread

It's that time of the week again

>Why is there no Rule 34 of DreadOut Among the Sleep?

Other urls found in this thread:

kittyhorrorshow.itch.io/anatomy
lobotomycorp.kr/en/lobotomy-corporation-english-demo-version-release/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

can somebody post that Webm of the "Suitwalkers" ?

Of coursh.

thanks man, its super spoopy, if i had lotsa dosh i would make a movie about it with a transgender interracial demikin aromatic main character

Don't give them ideas. Besides, I think the webm originated for a music video, or at least an user in one of the last threads said so.

You know what's sad?
Hotel 626 was one of the best horror games I've played imho. And it was by fucking Doritos.

The actual sad thing is that its seems to be offline permanently. Or are there some mirrors I don't know of?

any new horror games come out you would reccommend?
Just finished the two metro games and looking for something new and fun to play

DreadOut does have its moments, although it's very much a budget title. Fran Brow also has its horrors, but suffers from a large section of the game that basically is Happy Happy Joy Land.

Other than that - I don't know, shit just seems to be getting worse and worse. Classics like Resident Evil or Silent Hill get butchered to "broaden the audience" while the indie scene is flooded with Unity crap.

shame already played both of them

Also: Are there any sub-types of Horror Games that really get user riled up? Stuff you can barely play?

I really can't stand all the procedurally generated labyrinthine sewer/tunnel exploration games. I mean, they're nothing special from a technical point of view; lazy even, but being stuck in a labyrinth with a monster sniffing for my ass sends me into near-constant panic mode.

How about Hello Neighbor?

Haven't played it and it's not exactly a classical horror game, but it's also fairly new, and I find the concept behind it interesting.

Monstrum, it's a crafted map with procedurally generated items instead

Anything that reminds me of hyper cube fucks me up

Shame I felt rough earlier, was just about to fight Pyramid Head in SH2. Always tomorrow I guess. Hope to get the Leave ending then I'll play again for the Rebirth.

i cant play any type of scary game. even ones like outlast or amnesia i get too scared

I want games that have meta horror. Like fourth-wall breaking stuff, but not in a cheesy way.

But how would you do that? Mindfuckery a la Eternal Darkness, with sudden bluescreens and such?

Are Fatal Frame II and III better than the first one?

I know that feel. Silent Hill games are good, but not particularly scary.

Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines was one of the best horror games ever. Not like this bullshit like they make today. I want more of games like VtMB.

2>3>1 IMO

Good to hear

I'll grant that Metro has some roots in horror, but in no universe is VtMB horror

No the hotel doesn't count

You're fucking retarded.

If I were retarded, I would be arguing that VtMB is a horror game

Shall we have a bit of Junji Ito?

Post the one with the really ambiguous ending

You're fucking hopelessly retarded.

You're a cheeky cunt, m8.

But here goes.

SCP containment breach or Spooky's Jumpscare Mansion might do it for you

Who posted Noroi and Cult in the last thread? Does Cult ever stop being a live-actioin anime adaptation?

I was unaware that someone posted anything at all in the last thread.

SCP CB probably would do. Spooky's House of Jumpscares I did try, but the environment is not claustrophobic enough to make me panic

I'm still miffed they had to change the title. Spooky's House of Jumpscares is better

How far did you get? There are some pretty spooky monsters later on

True, but the thing that really gets me is not so much the monsters, but rather the type of level design with minimal walking space and lots of corners to hide monsters behind

What is this webm
Reminds me of that one creepypasta game (though it was a real game) that was a recreation of a real russian refilling station with 2 abstract faces spawning in the distant dark and followint you.
I'm not sure how to find that again, anyone know the name of that? Anyway unstoppable floating enemies that phase through walls are a cheap way to spook me.

I know RE isn't really horror, but I still hope Capcom won't fuck up with REmake 2.

Dunno. Saw it floating around on /x/ before the fall. Probably some kind of indie horror movie, like embed related.

Wait a minute, that pencil…

Holy fuck, that 90's CGI.

Also is that a sword or a stick?

I am inclined towards the latter.

It's a cucktana so it might as well be a stick

Thinking about playing trough Silent Hill 1-4. Should I play 2-4 on PC? or is the Xbox version of 2 and 3 better?

I think you're good so long as you stay away from the remastered versions

Were those Blair Witch games any good?

This

I suppose I should mentions since it is a horror game thread, but I'm playing Pathologic HD… as I have been for the past few months on and off.
Changling is a lot less fun then I expected.

Not really - they took away that one thing which made Blair Witch surprisingly good - the element of the unknown. In the movie, you never new whether there actually was a genuine old hag going after the students, or whether they just went bonkers.

Same reason as to why many fans of the original hate the sequel.

Is the translation better by now? I remember it was an unholy mess in the original.

It might not have been a Saturday Night Horror Thread, but it was a horror general, lasted for a few days. Should have been last week.

Changeling is when the time and budget ran out and they had to slap the ending together, should have noticed when they just repeated the same sidequests for six days in a row. It still contains a lot of the secrets at the heart of the game and Day 7 is one of the best parts of the whole experience.

What's the Gerogerigegege of horror vidya?

Yeah, the new translation is very good.

I have not noticed anything particualry off about the translation. The only issue I'v had is that the official walkthrough uses different names for people and places, as well as a couple of Russian words I didn't didn't know the meaning off.

I'm on Day 5, if what you are saying is true then that might explain why she has so few sidequests other then story reasons.

Don't lose faith, Klara's early days are the worst, you won't always be spending nights grinding your reputation back up. The sidequests will still not improve.

Aaaand that's that. I still have the two first chapters of the Spirals stories, if anyone is interested.

It's an easter egg for a game called Ben and Ed

What a wonderful love story

Thanks for dumping

is Kholot a decent horror game? It seems pretty good from what I've seen. music that makes you terrified instead of an actual entity is neat

Sort of. It's got some good atmosphere but it never scared me.
It's a fun hiking simulator

Hey Ito-poster, can you do the one about the two Demon hikers on the mountain next? That one really freaked my out.

Don't have that one, sorry. Maybe next week.

What? You're done posting already?

It's 4am over here. Besides, I can't be arsed to get the requested story right now - I only have the two spiral stories at hand.

Is it true they actually show the witch in the new movie or I was lied to?

She's basically an alien/skinwalker.
It's not good.

If memory serves they showed some kind of flashback, although I don't recall whether it was supposed to be the witch herself or some school kids she reaped.

Lolwut. That is one thing I can not remember.

Spoopy? That is funny as fuck. Just a herd of vaguely Japanese businessmen. Nothing to worry about.

There's some implied abduction stuff, and people have drawn parallels between the movie's time distortion and the reports of people abducted by aliens.

That's a fairly wild theory. There are some holes in the video recordings, but you could readily explain those with Blair Witch hillbilly magic or whatever it is
** I mean, it's not even so much that there's time shifts as it is the Witch mind-controlling people and fucking with their recording equipment.
Or maybe it's just mass hysteria

Whatever it is __I don't like it.__

Is Hotel Transylvania your favorite horror movie?

>It's not good.
So it's faithful to the original, then? :^)

Not an argument.

It's a movie rooted in horror myths and is extremely dark with abominations and other monsters, right up your alley.

This is what google is giving me. Is this it?

It really is bad

Spoop

IF i rape you, will you cry?

Thankfully no. That's a shitty action figure they release after the first movie.

Somebody posted some screen grabs of it, I actually like the design of the witch. It looks like a naked corpse that's been exposed to the elements for a month, then had their limbs stretched out super far.

it would be extremely gay

I'm looking forward to the next FNAF game.

I'm sorry, I just really like that dank old cgi art direction.

They made a game of that?
I get the spooks just by reading those stories I don't want to experience it
Or maybe I do… shit.

What are some games that focus on psychological horror? Nothing gets me more like a good mindfuck in October.

Horror isn't 24/7 2spook5edgy4u

I'm fairly sure you're just tarded

Pretty big talk considering you're defending a game that tries to be humorously edgy

Bought Manhunt 2 expecting a good time like the first game, but I'm so conflicted. It just ain't that great.

There was a Manhunt 2?

Apparently Anatomy
kittyhorrorshow.itch.io/anatomy
3 dollary doos, it's like receiver styled building assets but no guns and still with the cassette tapes

Can anyone tell me how Doom 3 played with the flashlight switching mechanic? Because I'm playing BFG edition, and though I'm having fun there was one short segment where you were walking with a guy holding a lantern, and because you can fire guns while holding a flashlight I felt like it kind of ruined that. I also hear that BFG Edition looks somehow worse than the original, is it true? Because some parts of it look muddy even though I have anti aliasing cranked up high.

Yup. But outside of sharing similar mechanics its basically a sequel in name only type of deal. Also melee combat seems to be less of a death wish compared to the original but I'm only 3 missions in, maybe it can change? The story just isn't as interesting though despite there being more of it.

Just started Far Cry 3, survivor mode permadeath makes it bretty gud.

*Primal
Whoops.

i don't know if it counts as horror but the "Lobotomy corp" devs released a demo

lobotomycorp.kr/en/lobotomy-corporation-english-demo-version-release/

10,000 years in gimpshop

What's a good horror game for a giant fucking pussy?

Spooky's House of Jumpscares

Stealth Horror games might push your buttons and really they're all about running away and hiding so if you're a pussy it will feel natural. Last good one I played was Alien Isolation, and I really suggest it (it's really neat to watch the Alien AI learn about you and start acting specifically around your quirks, like when it began popping in and out of the same vent over and over again because it knew I was moving from my safe spot when I heard it enter the ducts again). Also you might like something a bit more hands off or comical like Illbleed for the Dreamcast.

What do you enjoy being scared by? Zombies? Lovecraftian monstrosities? Clowns?

Shit, the english demo's finally out? Fucking sweet. I don't even like that sort of management game, and I'm still gonna give it a try.

I haven't played very many horror games, so I guess I don't really know. My problem is that I really enjoy creepy things, but if I get actually scared I end up giving up on it

You might want to try a horror themed game that is only marginally scary at best. A really good example is Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines, more an action RPG than a horror game with only a few scary scenes but everything has a nice gothic horror theme. Also you might want to just try old horror games with outdated graphics, for example Resident Evil Directors Cut (don't get the dual shock version it has fucking terrible music). Note though that if you push yourself to get through games that scare you, you will become less of a pussy.

It's surprisingly fun for having a title like that.

It's more of a game than you'd think, let's say.

This is absolutely awesome, gonna keep my eye out on this

VtM:B isn't particularly scary but has really creepy/disgusting shit if you pay attention to your environment. Like that snuff place in Hollywood(fucking furniture made of human parts) and that Hotel you go at the end, some e-mails and shit like that

You should play them all on emulated imo. You can fix the pc versions of SH2 and SH3 by patches, they'll be missing a few things from emulated versions but nothing gamebreaking.

SH4 on the other hand is fucking horrendous on PC. You can fix a few of the problems, but others will continue to exist. One patch fixes most of the problems, and then introduces another problems by making you unable to move when you have your weapon drawn, like the fucking controls weren't shit enough. And even when you use patches, you can't restore the hauntings that are missing from the PC version.

PCSX2 version on the other hand doesn't have any issues, no reason to not emulate it. Silent Hill games have a few moments that really scared me, a few of those are in SH4 and two of these are because of the hauntings that are missing in PC version. For this reason alone I suggest you emulate it I also enjoyed this game far more than I thought because people told it was the worst in the series, I liked it far more than SH3 and a little more than the first one

Two non spoilery pics if you want to know how it looks like

It looks like a Monty Python bit.

Originally was made for some kind of music video, IIRC

What do you guys think of Blair Witch 2's more subtle spooks? Like the secret of esrever stuff?
I really wish there was an actual director's cut for what they originally intended.

Wasn't that just retouched scenes? Has been a while I since I last saw the movie.

Also, what the fuck is up with the captcha. This is the third time I had to fill it out in a row.

The writer tweeted that you never actually see the witch on the screen, that it's "someone else" Get ready for the VHS/Blair Witch crossover!

Remember reading it or something like it in a book of legends
Spuky stuff. Anything at or under the sea scares me.

I had faith in you, senscape. Why does crowdfunding always fail to produce anything of value?

Because the people who start Kickstarters and Crowdfunding campaigns usually art artists and writers (or programmers) who have no idea how to handle money.

I haven't played any games in a while. I really like RE4 and it's one of my favorite games ever even though I realize it is not "true horror". I also like Dead Space. I tried RE5 and wanted to like it but it just sucked shit. No sense of progression, an ever-present dumbshit AI partner, boring inventory, etc.

I've been warned to stay away from RE6 but would Revelations be worth playing for me if like RE4? The setting seems really cool, but I worry about the gameplay/action. On that note, what about Evil Within?

RE6 is definitely not a horror game but it isn't bad, I had fun with it. The gameplay is fast and smooth but it's more of an action game than a survival horror.

RE4 is one of my favorite games of all time, but Revelations 1 & 2 bored me. Managed to finish the first one somehow, but the second is a drag, and feels much more directed. There's more gameplay variety in the second game, but it's really most worth playing for Mercenaries mode.

Revelations I liked a lot as a 3DS game, but it certainly doesn't hold up compared to something like Dead Space or RE4.

As for Evil Within, it's worth a playthrough, but be aware that it's flawed as heck.

I really liked the weapon progression and ammo conservation that RE4 encouraged. Using the knife whenever possible and maximizing grenade splash damage was a big part of how I played. I don't see how RE6 can have that sort of stuff if the game is split into multiple "campaigns" and there's always an AI partner (with unlimited ammo I think?) Am I right about this?

I just got the Demo. I could already see how the scanner could be way more fun on a 3DS. It's a neat mechanic but already getting pretty old after a 20 mins of demo play. You think REE2 is worse than REE1? Most review sites say REE2 is better.

>As for Evil Within, it's worth a playthrough, but be aware that it's flawed as heck.
Can you elaborate on that? Also, I haven't played Dead Space II yet even though I bought it a few years ago. Would that be better than REE/REE2/Evil Within?

Dungeon Nightmares 1 and 2.

(wasted)

user dont remind me of the fucking hotel
I didnt expect the game to turn into an actual horror game, fucking hotel spooked the fuck out of me

Are you 15? Fuck off back to watching dudebro slasher movies and playing slendershit.

A linear sequence of scripted events is that traumatizing? How young were you at the time?

Is euthanasia good?

Never heard of it, looks like just another Unity Plastic game.

Looks like somebody's sorry about something

Do you consider the Saw movies to be horror?

Revelations is absolutely worth playing. Its not on par with RE4 and its even less scary but the cruise ship is really fun to explore.

What the fuck is this

Someone with a mask.

The Suits-sheppard, a being that serve as a nexus between humans and suitwalkers user….

It's a promotional short film for Radiohead's new album.

Bloodborne

Claymation Wicker Man was better

But what about existentialist horror?

Having played through the demo, the game really seems to be lacking in balance thus far.

Do you guys strictly play horror games at night, or do you sometimes play during the daytime?

Daylight generally detracts from horror games imho, although this argument could be extended to all games. The main issue is that horror games very heavily rely on immersion, something which you don't get if the sun reflects on your screen and over 9000s kids are screaming and crying a few feet away from you because your flat so happens to stand next to a playground.

Also, time for the next Ito dump.

Everyone has seen this one.

You got the one about the vampire bats?

Nope, sorry. I only got the one about the Human Chair (already posted here) and the spiral thingies.

Nah, you'll be using the knife a lot less in RE6 but iirc the meleeing is even better than in RE5. The ammo is scarce but you can get by if you manage it properly. I don't remember well since it's been a while since I last played it but I think you had to manage your partner's ammo too, like in RE5.

And another wrap. More stuff next week.

In other news, tak controls should be reintroduced to the horror genre.

WHAT
WHAT'S IN THE SKY
COME ON DUDE DON'T LEAVE ME HANGING

Until here, and no further

Thanks. This one is pretty good so far, my favorite one is still the hanging balloons though, reading that was intense.

Hanging balloons was my first ever Junji manga. Definitely my favorite because not only is there all sorts of body horror, psychological horror, etc. but the ending is actually really spooky, and doesn't disappoint like a lot of his works. That said I still think they're all fucking fantastic. Dude's good at what he does, and what he does is make me shit my pants.

Japanese twilight zone is great

The only way one would survive if the balloon got stuck or it's rope got ripped off like the one in the beginning I was thinking of how to survive that for an hour when i first read it

Any spooky video game-related videos I can watch on Youtube or something?
Creepypastas are fine, too. I just wanna relax and watch something fun tonight.

FUCK EVERYTHING GOD DAMNIT I CAN'T EVEN GET MY GAMES TO OPEN ON THE GOD DAMN BUILT IN ONE FUCKING SHIT THIS IS TRUE HORROR

Aw shit Uzumaki!

Scp containment breach is good so is spooky house of jump scares and clocktower

My favorite is definitely the one with the scarecrows, it really didn't scare me but I found it like a relaxing story of love and vengance. The one with the kid that has nails in the mouth comes in a second place.
Also what are your opinions with his first work Tomie? At first I find really interesting but conforming the story continued I got kind of boring

Those were always, and still seem to be, too frustrating for me to even be able to enjoy the game. I can't deny that it adds to the horror aspect but its just too irritating. I guess I just need to get good.

kill yourself my man!
still the best 1973
ben drowned
no seriously kill yourself

I tried watching someone play it and there was nothing scary about it.
It was too goofy to be scary.

IIRC most of his work is really just love stories with horror settings.

Sounds like someone's rig caught the sand plague

Hey man, cheesy or not, they can be fun.

which one? Scp, spooky clocktower?

Great, now I'm in a video game creapypasta

spooky house of jumpscares

It got darker the lower you went down, but try SCP or clocktower

I was pretty disappointed they didn't stick with the cutesy stuff and went to generic jumpscare youtube bait.

It seemed like missed potential.

I've never actually read Tomie. Been meaning to. Tomie is, I think, the only one I've never read at all, and that mystery town with the open doors and stuff is the only one I've ever given up on halfway through. It was more dull and weird than anything else in my opinion.

This gives me an idea for a scp, a computer game; that is more or less Pathologic HD in everything but name, that causes the in game disease to leak out into the world when played poorly, but the game gets nearly impossible and the foundation kept playing it for a long time in hopes of finding a cure to the plague in game, as the game leads you to believe. I guess the ultimate containment would be that have to send people to keep playing the game because the plague is now self sustainable so they can't just turn the computer off and can't be completely eradicated by conventional/reasonable means.

too bad I'm bad at writing detailed stuff.

Would you have preferred comic sans?

Avoided as in never actually caught the plague? Were you abusing quicksaves or something? If you're not infected, you're not playing the game, fam.

They're insane with remorse, but not so insane that their penmanship suffers

It's like you don't even know how to Halloween.

Also I bring a gift from deviantart while looking for edgy things using the chiller font

Quicksaving for the Bachelor, by the time I was playing Haruspex I was just avoiding the plague because its easy to avoid/cure with powders and I never bothered to loot infected houses.
Hell I only looded already looted houses for both the Bachelor and the Haruspex. So there were a lot less situations where I could catch it in unrequired sequences

brb killing self

I don't even think the game in itself was bad, but the entire fandom should be rounded up and shop. It's mercy killing.

Beasts all over the shop. :^)

Ito poster stopped. Do you want me to post in his place?

Yes their autism will cause them to shop till they drop stimulating the economy and getting rid of them. Perfect user

I just want to know what happens to the boy and girl in the end

Yes. Praise be to you for taking up the mantle.

Continued from

I'm only gonna do the first volume btw, dumping the other two would take me forever.

Thanks for posting but what I meant to say was I saw most of these a year ago or so when an user used to make midnight Ito threads and then he suddenly stopped when it was nearing it's end (At least I think) and I was waiting ever since wondering if those two escape the city safely together. I pray that they do

You could have started from there, man. What was the last thing you read? Imma drop it just for you.

Thanks user but i'll be patient because I want anons who never read this spiral arc to not be spoiled, so I'll wait because you'll post it eventually and it will give me time to prepare myself for heartbreak

Alright then.

Alright, that's the first volume, I'll dump the second one in the next thread.

I didn't know Junji Ito knew about the golden rotation.

Probably the results of good research.

The 1st Diablo with as is (ie. no mods) used to scare me.
It has an great spooky atmosphere. Also NOT able to move fast beyond that walk made it extra scary. (imo teleport skill ruined that). iirc there weren't any skills or equipment that made you walk faster.

Thanks user, anime when?

There's the movie, but it's shit.

Oh yeah I remember the animation being really shitty

You niggers should already know by now that nips make the best horror games.
Too bad pics related were released only on japan, but there is an english translation available.

They've done some real good shit like Silent Hill or Siren. As with Clock Tower, has that game held up well?

imagine an american adaptation of Ito stuff, a la night visions or twilight zone

What are you babbling about, yes they did.

Well that's one game dropped

Who doesn't know about the golden rotation ? It's pretty basic shit.

She comes back

It's bad enough that they're making a fucking Live Action version of Ghost in the Shell

In fairness if the Nips had made it it would be garbage. They're shit at live action they just spend their time trying to give the actors hair that looks like the animes.

No, they're just a bad mechanic to make up for the tech of the time. Horror games have always struggled to bridge the gap between panicky fear reactions and the fact that real people can't turn on a dime. Tank controls are meant to emulate that because they're so fiddly that when you get frightened and spaz out you have a hard time recovering. Now VR is a thing though we can emulate real movement much better so horror should focus on that.

Depends who would do the adaptation doesnt it? If David Lynch would do a Junji Ito movie, at least as a project it would be interesting as fuck.

I failed Holla Forums

Corpse Party Vita

Corpse Party 1 on Vita

For a while. Dead Space is a good example.

How the fuck should I know? Those Oni games look okay.

Why not?

user, if you want to be sacred it really helps if you dont look up the plot and story before hand
Also i got murdered bouncing cutlery, fuck the kitchen

Things are not scary if you're just rotely following a path of planned events, no. I don't find rollercoasters or funhouses spooky either. If you like that kind of thing I would recommend Layers of Fear, same shit.

Who in their right mind would think that this is why I didn't find it scary? Jesus fucking christ, if I ever want to make a bait thread now I know to make it about VtMB, it has the most autistic fans around.

What a sad life you must live

Can anyone tell me what's the max bullet adjust you can get in Silent Hill games? I know for the first game it's 6, for every ending you get it increases one. Is it 7 for SH2? IIRC it has 6 endings. And 4 for SH3?

Horror=/=traumatic
Perhaps it would be best to categorize horror media by what they are trying to evoke?

Saw 1 was kind of horror and saw 2 did a good job of horror with the whole father son drama but I haven't seen 3 and beyond and from what I've heard they just devolved into pure torture porn.

I was commenting on the "don't remind me" aside, but traumatization absolutely has overlap with horror

Certainly in the sub genera of psychological horror but I'm arguing that there is no inherent injury or pain to ones mental state requirement for something to be horror.

Injury might be a stretch, but I would think that any piece of horror hopes to leave a lasting effect on the audience

theres potential in this

what exactly is pathologic? Is it some sort of elder scrolls like horror game? I've had the GOG installer on my computer for a while but have never brought myself to actually play it.

why don't you play it and find out

because it looks like it also might be a point and click and I find that genre pretty boring.

see

It escapes any categorization. It's unique, no exaggeration. Best way I can describe it is "survive while walking from dialogue to dialogue and constantly managing the passage of time and amassing resources for your survival". Horror elements are present on paper but it's more dreary and contemplative than scary. Fights are tense, however.

Don't go into it blind, find a guide or the first day will fuck you in the ass because of cryptic mechanics and it might not be particularly fun;

It's a survival horror RPG

What exactly is so cryptic about the mechanics? I don't think the game could possibly help you more than it already does without trivializing the whole endeavor

First, people might try Haruspex first which is simply not a worthy idea at all. Second, the masks explain everything except what you absolutely need to know, namely the three asterisks or game over business. Especially treacherous on bachelor day 1 since the dialogue kinda implies things will just sort themselves out.

But do you have witches?

Welp, I downloaded outlast, trinius, and am about to strap some cardboard to my face. But before I look like an idiot to the outside world I want to ask about games that are both horror, but pretty to look at.

I think the three asterisks is a pretty obvious indication the first time you see it, which doesn't need to be explained. The masks absolutely explain the importance of the Adherents / Bound and that you need to keep them alive.

It's pretty staggering the number of players (and reviewers) who couldn't figure out the one thing you need to do to make it past Day 1, but I guess you're right that most people don't. I'm still unconvinced that it's the fault of the game, in fact I think it's more reasonable to criticize it for holding your hand too much.

Has any horror game really done witches well?

Hope you can stand Outlast's constant jumpscares.

Anyways, there are the Silent Hill games, upscaled SH 2 and 3 look beautiful, Alien Isolation which has some great looking environments and sound design, Dying Light isnt really a horror game but it looks nice, Evil Within looks great, and REmake holds up as great as the SH games do, though I hear RE0 got better HD treatment.

Yeah, I think it's quite literally impossible.
As soon as you started talking about "evil spirals" and shit she'd think you've gone crazy and would dump your ass.
Then again the town they lived in was pretty fucked up to begin with, maybe accursed spirals wasn't such a crazy idea after all.

VIDEOGAMES

I think people assume you need to do more than you actually have to. The game is pretty counter intuitive in that it starts you absolutely miles from the location you end up in so people end up derping around, go into somewhere they're not meant to, find nothing and get frustrated.

Once I figured out most the game takes place in the top half of the map I was set but the first time I played it was with the awful translation and I ended up giving up because I assumed there was something nearer the starting location that I was meant to be going to not something right across the map.

Pathologic really just needed to be way tighter, half the buildings aren't used after all and resources aren't exactly hard to come by once you figure out where the shops are and how to steal without getting caught.

For the Bachelor? Rubin eventually appears in Victor's house right down the street from your starting position in Eva's house, what are you talking about? Even if you manage to figure out to visit his laboratory before the evening it's in the warehouse district, barely a minute's walk away.

Ice-Pick needed way more money, time, and experience to pull off something that ambitious. Even in its release state it's one of my favorite games.

Imagine if he made a separate horror game with the same unsettling feel but went balls deep in the fucked up horror route like that serious touched on with the dead kids

Don't be. If you take away the godawful fanbase the games are alright. Not great, but not terrible either. First one had some actually mysterious shit happening in the background, too. Also like said; if they ramped up the whole "dead kids possessing killer robots" part it'd be a possible 8/10

I remember that guy, he was pretty good
He even kept posting when the servers were shitting themselves and you could only post 1 image at a time

user, you have, by any chance, the one with the corpse of the kid with the spring inside?

Not sure anyone would even want to buy an undertale fan. Theyre by a large majority autistic furfags, so unless you want autistic boypussy, not sure how useful theyd be.

Even better if this guy was brought in to do some voice acting

That better mean it will have spooky sliced together audio messages from prerecorded animatronic show audio. Possessed machines communicating through recycled audio is the fucking best shit ever, I don't care about the shitty jumpscares or the shitty fanbase. If the game has that shit, it will satisfy me.

I want a developer to come along and make horror games great again.

I wouldn't call it a fault of the game. It's apparent IPL wanted the daily task thing to kill some people so they get into the right mindset for the rest of the game, that of seeking completion at all costs. That doesn't mean I consider going blind the best way to play Pathologic. At the end of the day its mechanics are mastered quickly, the only real challenge is getting enough cures for day 12. The meat of the experience is separate from the survival aspect, which is why I advise consulting at least some basic guide before starting. I get why you'd disagree, but I stand by my position.

Outlast 2 demo is out, what'd you guys think of it?

It's going to be as lame as the first one.

Respectfully disagree on nearly every point, first on the principle of never, ever using a guide to complete a game for the first time. I don't think this one is even open to discussion, you don't spoil yourself, you rely on your own wits, period.

Second on the "meat of the experience" being separate from the survival aspect, the survival mechanics are incredibly novel, intricate, and well-balanced. They're only open to exploitation through looting houses (which is overly generous with rewards) and intentional abuse of the game, like constantly reloading a quicksave to get powders from children, or reloading quicksaves to avoid infection.

The idea that the mechanics are mastered quickly is just misguided, given how many small nuances there are to the way the game works. If you remember the months of threads on the release of Classic HD (which you must, based on that image) and how many people needed help understanding how painkillers worked, how to trade effectively, how haruspicy worked, I don't think the point can even be defended.

Did they add any form of combat?

Since outlast 1 had a pretty big following for some reason I expect this one to just add more of the same so its going to be meh.

Nope

I hope this doesn't turn out to be super-science gone awry like in the first game, that was some bullshit

Apparently this one's about cults settlements, so it'll probably have a different twist that's just as stupid. Maybe aliens.

I only advocated consulting a guide to get the basics of the game, not completing it.
They're still not the meat of the game. That's the story and atmosphere, and obviously so. You don't play three times the twelve days for the survival experience, but to understand the Town. Otherwise nobody would complete Changeling because gameplay wise she's pretty shit.
Well, okay, you got me, my first IPL game was The Void, and Pathologic just seemed like fucking Angry Birds levels of casual in comparison. Still, even by not getting much in the way of survival challenge, I enjoyed Pathologic very much on its story alone, so there you go. Plus the image is my OC

Maybe you don't replay for the survival, but on a first playthrough (blind, that is, not consulting a guide) learning how to survive is a core part of the game, even to the end of Artemiy's arc. You need to appreciate how personal your complaints here are, you do remember how many people cry about how hard the game is, and how many reviewers ragequit?

Well sure, The Void defies to be exploited mechanically, but that's about the only difference in terms of difficulty, it can't be exploited or cheesed. If you laid out all of the coexistent systems you need to keep track of, Pathologic objectively has more going on under the hood, and the original Turgor was even simpler, since there was no realm damage and color could be deposited into the palette manually.

>Plus the image is my OC
Yeah I remember you

Anyone knows which pasta this guy is talking about? Searching for videogame creepypastas only give me the usual ones like Theater and that Morrowind one.

I want matt to release his fart gas all over my face.

That whole last level was rough and very, very unsatisfying. The lack of combat also has me worried. One of the worst things in the first game was that you felt like the game was specifically holding you back. You are some pretty athletic guy up against some crazy people… but you can't attack them… even when you are behind them, they don't see you, and you are right next to a pile of bricks.

Another complaint is how generous the game was on health.

This is extremely autistic.

are you retarded?

They did do a good job with Whistleblower. I enjoyed that much more than the base game. Actually creepy crazy people is better than killer croc chasing you around the whole time

I just installed Pathologic. Are there any mods I need to fully enjoy it?

I know it's a Russian game so I'm guessing the translation is kind of meh.