Guys, ICANN failed

We're fucked. Free Speech online has been compromised.

Other urls found in this thread:

snopes.com/2016/08/19/america-to-hand-off-internet/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Literally the only thing this effects is the domain name system.
Basically the top-level domains (.com, .net, etc) will be treated differently now.

Sure thing, schlomo.

snopes.com/2016/08/19/america-to-hand-off-internet/

It doesn't even effect that.

I don't think we'll see a change soon. For now, the West will be fine. But yes, given a few years the internet is going to be a wildly different place.

You're an idiot.

Literally who cares.

You can't negate a sage, user, sage is literally zero. Also what do you mean I'm not "trying"?

hey it affects us

Proofs?

Well, what about the massacres in Sri Lanka, honey ? Doesn't that affect us too ?
Do you know anything about Sri Lanka ?
How, like, the Sikhs are killing tons of Israelis over there ?

Like you faggots care about free speech anyway.
One of the most popular boards here is a fascist cult that loves censorship.
Another is a group of pedophiles who can't post CP.
Finally we have video games, with the most offensive thing being boobs and gore.

Where?

You talking about /hebe/? Pedophiles were purged off this site months ago when hotwheels left.

I don't know anons can extol the virtues of free speech while simultaneously trying to silence and stop others from participating in discussion because they disagree with the hi/v/emind..

I wasn't too worried about it until I saw how insanely hard this shit is being defended. It's even happening on the smaller boards like /monster/ and /hgg/. At this point, it's clear that someone wants to stop people from talking about this, and that means bad things for us.

user, do you even know what ICANN does and what the contract ending with the US federal government actually means? Please tell me what you actually think ICANN does. I would like to hear how informed you are of this topic.

I thought ICANN were the bad guys.

If that's what you think, why don't you take the topic to Holla Forums?

How about you answer the question I proposed in

At this point I'd rather just sit back and see it burn. There's nothing good on the internet anymore. Hasn't been for years.

You're going to be disappointed then.

Holy shit are you kidding me?
You think posting pictures is exercising your right to free speech?

You think because the top boards don't tolerate shitposting it violates free speech? Because they want to stay on topic?

Go to Holla Forums if you want to shitpost, protip;Holla Forums is shit for the exact reasons. Free speech only works when the userbade isn't a bunch of autistic manchildren, this is how 4chan worked so well in the early days, but the cancer set in and its not leaving any fucking time soon

It is. How isn't it? What are you sperging out about even? 8ch's method of freedom of speech is that you can speak your mind via making different boards and posting on other people's boards. People can make rules concerning the content of the boards they own, sure, but you're free to post on other boards if you feel this stifles your freedom.

There's already a thread about this topic

I'm just sick of clueless shits spreading FUD because they watched a Youtube video. It's doomsday 2012 levels of retarded.

Oh, ICANN is a cult that believes that trees are actually a race of intelligent beings that are the victims of a debilitating plague and that the bark that covers them is the resulting skin rash that paralyses them. Therefore, the bark has to be scraped off of every tree so that the location of a lost city that has Sequoias instead of skyscrapers can be revealed. It's ending its contract with the US federal government because its EPA branch impeding their sacred mission.

Just did

Nigger this is exactly what he just said

Come on man.

Seems legit. Carry on then.

Where's your proof that it isn't factual? Where's your proof that refutes their evidence and references?

And no one will visit them.

Well boohoo, sorry for you. Doesn't have an impact on your freedom to make boards and post on them.

>>>Holla Forums
It's a shitty thing, but needing to type in an IP instead of a domain name is the worst you can expect.

Board creation was and is a mistake.

Seriously, this is like when a child does something he knows is really bad, tries to hide it in his room, and suddenly blurts out during dinner that his parents are horrible people who love to invade privacy and can't trust their child to not do whatever it was he just did.

That's not even going to happen. ICANN can't do anything like that.

Why are you here?

user for fucks sake, its your fault for ignoring things and not actually reading anything. Maybe try doing your own research sometime instead of expecting people to spoonfeed you.

next you'll be telling us how >>>Holla Forums only gets traffic because it's a legacy board

Gee, I wonder why

It was a mix of "it's nothing" and "it's something" in the Holla Forums threads.
Holla Forums mostly noticed it was nothing.
Holla Forums from a glance has been completely freaking out over it.

Stating the obvious is scary, isn't it?

For a board to work it needs at least 20 users posting regularly everyday. Dedicated users are a canary in the coal mine.

Why are you linking that dumpster fire here?

I have to agree with every feature of a site to use it?

No, you fucking retard. If I'm walking down a street, minding my own business, and someone comes running out of the building I'm walking past and starts screaming about how I need to fuck off right now and stop sticking my nose where it doesn't belong, two things are true:
1 - the fault lies with that person, not me, seeing as I never had any intention of doing anything but passing by.
2 - I'm now keenly aware that there's probably something bad happening in that building.

And here in lies the problem: shitposting happens when a bunch underaged faggots read clickbait articles written by unintelligent faggots and draw conclusions based on them.

Well considering this website wouldn't be functional without it: duh.

user that analogy doesn't work for two reasons:
A. nothing like you described even happened in this thread
B. People have already explained to you what happened in this thread, see

why are you changing the subject?

answer the fucking question: why is >>>Holla Forums getting any traffic if the Holla Forums system of create your own board does not work unless it's a legacy board?

The only people making threads about this at all are people freaking out about it. If anything, the people suggesting the transition is bad are the ones running out of buildings and yelling at you, except instead of telling you to fuck off they're telling you the sky is falling.

Holla Forums is a group of users dissatisfied with the topics of discussion present on Holla Forums. Meaning it has a group of users with similar interests.
That's exactly what 8ch is, a collection of subdivisions and cliches. With no identities the only way we communicate is with culture.

Check 'em

What the fuck is going on here?