How to win this on exptert?

How to win this on exptert?

Other urls found in this thread:

terraria.gamepedia.com/Hooks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

git gud

Impossible something in caverns always kills me like boulder or some poison arrow out of nowhere.

git

gud

Get danger sense potions if you can't deal with traps. You need to approach things with care in expert mode, you can't just bumrush in like normally and expect it to go well.

if you hit your head off the wall enough times it will eventually break.
your head that is

hahah you fucking faggot

4 years on and I've still no idea what you're supposed to do in this.

it isnt impossible, i've done it in single player with no cheats

there's lots of shit to do, when you get stuck check the wiki and talk to the guide

Obtain friends.

This game isn't good.

spotted the casual scum

why dont you like it user?
sage for multiple posting like a faggot

Holding traps and mechanisms reveals wires around you. Simply remove a trap or pressure plate with your pickaxe, then have it equipped on your hotbar. When you're not fighting or using other items, have it selected.
Alternatively, make dangersense potions.
Even more alternatively, just be careful and look out for pressure plates wherever you're going to walk.

As for bosses, you just need to be crazy prepared. Eye of cthulhu for example, make a long ass railroad that loops around on itself. Also, use archery, ironskin, regeneration and whatever other potions you think will be useful.

This game suffers in the same way minecraft does, it really needs an ingame tutorial. In it's current lack of information format, it really gives no incentive for me to play it.

There's nothing to it. Lots of "stuff" but that doesn't make a good game. Unless you have bad taste.

You know what I meant, no need to shitpost.

By not being a blind faggot.
It's not a casual building sim, it's way closer to metroidvanias than to minecraft.
Expert is fucking boring though. You don't even get any real good extras.

Expert is really just for people who want a bigger challenge if the game is too easy, especially multiplayer.

Play the game, faggot, it does.

how is there nothing to it? fun plataforming, lots of trinkets to make it even better, multiple items and ways of playing the game, dozens of different enemies, 14 bosses pretty hard ones at that shitton of blocks to build with, probably even more decorations, multiple sets of armors with different effects, lot of tools that make building better and faster

shit dude, how does it feel to be so wrong?

Just wait for him to pull "but starbound is better"

It doesn't hold his hand and tell him exactly what to do and he doesn't know how to build anything that looks good, so he thinks the game is shit.

it took me 75 hours to beat it kek

then i'll know he's trolling and go on with life

sage for multiple posting.. again

Both games are shit.

Ok, who's hosting?

Yeah but you're just running around as a shitty platforming faggot so it doesn't matter.
WHAT? HOLY FUCK
WOAH
Now thats generous
OH MY GODDD
WOAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH
HOLY FUUUUUUUUUCK
WOAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

Pffffft.

no pls i like terraria threads

Ebin

Really the entire game is just working your way to the endgame so you can do fuck all (because there's no content) and shitpost on Holla Forums more.

Raped by the truth. Of course you're triggered. Maybe you're trying to get in touch with your inner child. 5 year olds love Terraria.

I have not seen a guy this mad in a long while
it's beautiful

Ebin.

I swear that he was never there the previous times I tried to play this

man, guide has been there since the alpha probably

You're an idiot.

Those guys aren't even funny and of those guys the guy you posted is the least funny.

ebin

filtered u cuck ;)

I see this thread took wrong turn.

How do i delete threads?

you start building areas to fight bosses (with campfires, heart lamps too if you have 400 hp) and start making buff potions.
Get ready because the worst (by that i mean the hardest to solo) are skeletron and plantera

you have been lucky, the worst thing you can find in caverns are pressure plates attached to dynamite which usually is a one hit kill, so try walking slowly and steady always carrying a torch

You want to make the slow as fuck start of the game even slower?

Fuck off, newfag.

Just leave it as terraria general. If you're specifically looking for how to cheese X game just google it.

make potions. make herb farms. have sex with dryads and harpies

>not holding hands with mechanic

Get anal vored by slimes and lihzards and gryphons

belay that order

I take it you all play scrubcore.

I KNOW WHAT I LIKE AND YOU CANT TAKE IT AWAY FROM ME

I wish they made a bigger update.
Sadly I'm not going back and replay it just for a medium/hardcore madium-late biome, it just isn't enough to interest me.
Granted, I'm complaining about not having enough gravy on my mashed potatoes here, they did a wonderful job with the free updates but still after reaching the moon boss I'm kind of not that thrilled of having to fight a single biome with lower gear.

then spread your wings and fly into some terrible monster anus

Is it the monster or the anus which is terrible?

It's actually okay for games to end, user.

You're a funny guy user. Now kill yourself

you first

wowza that's a some spicy cancer luigi!

they do, they even call it "tediumcore"

disgusting casuals…

Yes, it's an ass kicking.

I struggled and grinded just to kill EoC in Expert. It took a long time. I haven't entered hardmode yet as I'm terrified of the WoF and spent a shitload of time getting the molten gear.

I haven't come back to it. Don't think I can handle the massive grinding and preparation. It was already enough in Normal mode.

I guess I'm just a filthy casual.

the grinding is actually not terrible, everything drops more money. for the most part you wont have to grind for cash and if you do just whack some early bosses who will drop like 40 gold plus materials to sell.

would anyone play a game mode where teams were split and bases were made on the extreme eastern and western beaches of the map with capture the flag/last man standing objectives?

if you dont feel like going too heavy in to potions at the very least make these
mushroom
daybloom
blinkroot
cactus
daybloom
iron/lead
not a potion but the buffs are extremely useful, especially the move speed
these all count heavily towards your survivability against bosses. i cant begin to tell you how many times i see silly people completely ignore swiftness potions and wonder why bosses are so god damn hard.
put down campfires and sunflowers in your boss arenas too. sunflowers make you faster, this all adds up. i believe bottled stars provide a similar 'aura' that increases mana regen.

another extremely useful potion for boss fights that some people dont take into account is the featherfall potion. it may seem like slowing your falling would make it harder to dodge but if you hold s you will fall at normal speed. this isnt any useful when you have wings either, sure, you can hold space and slow fall but thats only after youve expended your flight time, with the featherfall potion you dont have to and can resume ascending if you need to.

design your arenas with the idea that youll be hooking around to help dodge. when you have the ability to, put down a few teleporters to get out of a terrible situation since x-pert mode bosses are pretty damn aggressive and fast.

i mean to say this isnt any less useful

look at these graphs, you want hooks with the fastest velocity so that it can connect to a surface and start pulling you to dodge faster
terraria.gamepedia.com/Hooks
if youre willing to play dirty you could set your computers clock to halloween time (october 20 - november 10) so you can pick up goodie bags at any time

git gud

serb when?

I believe most people have forgotten to prepare for bossfights in games

I remember reading a greentext guide on Holla Forums about how the… potion that makes you fall upside down, I don't remember the name right now, is an absolute blessing, and can be used to make all the bosses much, much easier.
Does anybody have it?

dont forget that blinkroot is also good for making endurance potions, however those require fishing armored cavefish in the caverns

gravitation potions are fantastic and thrilling if you can master them. i remember a video where a guy used them to kite around the dungeon guardian for a long time and eventually killing him. normally it isnt really intended to be defeated.
you likely wont be farming them until youre in to hard mode though since they require some rare ingredients.

i recommend to start collecting deathweed as soon as youre able to survive the corruption/crimson because it takes a while to build up a good seed supply since they only bloom during blood moons. i wouldnt worry too much about only harvesting during a blood moon, since by hard mode youll be able to comfortably dash between all crimson/corruption biomes in a single night.
so just grab what you see, youll be back.

absolutely, theres also a wrath fish (i believe is its name) that goes in a potion that increases all damage 10%. thats just what i recommend as a bare minimum in expert mode.

Memes aren't a joke you fucking faggot. The quality of your post directly corresponded with your shitty overmeme image

by that logic anyone sincerely posting old men aught to be looked upon as such

you fucking faggot

I don't know. I can't find exptert.

I've been putting together a chlorophyte farm on suggestion of a friend. I've got the ore, but finding getting mud together has been a pain.

is there science behind this design? why are you using small patches instead of something much larger? is there a reason there is no room to walk between them?
ive never actually bothered with chlorophyte farms, these are sincere questions and not sarcastic critiques.

Chlorophyte only spreads in small areas to stop it from taking over entire mud-based biomes, and so it isn't the most abundant ore ever once it starts spawning.

Also, Chlorophyte turns dirt into mud now.

Of all the test blocks I put around my world that block on the right was the first to turn into anything, so I'm putting more down at that depth. The spacing is just how it is for now. I'll have to make the floor deeper so I can get access underneath. I didn't see access in-between as necessary.

Neat, thanks.

Hope you've all made comfy bases.

If I had a world before the desert update- will the new desert enemies spawn in it?

There's not anything I'd miss out on that's generated in a new world?

NPCs still can't use stairs, right?

they can. i built a house with stairs and they went upstairs

Yeah, but the problem was with going down stairs. NPCs end up stuck on the top floor.
In pic related, for example, they wouldn't be able to drop down the red-circled platform to get back on the stairs/ground floor.

R8 my builds.

I think they're… okay-ish, but there's something about them that I just can't really put my finger on that feels like it's missing. They're a little grandiose, but they're not really… comfortable? The insides don't have much to them; it's pretty spartan for the most part and not really personal. I don't know what to fill them with. I haven't really experimented with asymmetry either; whenever I do it feels really sloppy to me for some reason. I'm also not really sure what I want to do with the outside towers on the desert one with regards to hammers, either.

oh, maybe then. my npcs went up stairs and dont seem to come down. which was fine for me because it was my medic

both remind me of the caner that is starbound, for some reason

NPCs are fucking stupid, user, you should just make them tiny cells and leave them there to power your evil tower with their lifeless souls.
This one is old and I'm too lazy to make a new screenshot, well, maybe later

Nice.

Actually get good. Pretty much the only thing you can't avoid well enough is the Destroyer's lasers which don't do much and you can still avoid them to some extent. Stack defense as much as you can if need be. It makes a huge difference.

thats gorgeous, especially the ivy in the second one

Probably a shitty thing to ask, but anyone wanna host a serb?
Playing with Holla Forumsirgins is always a blast.

Starbound isn't so bad, user. It's just way too lacking on gameplay, and Terraria is just plain better. Starbound is just another case of too much style and no substance. The content is far better than Terraria's, imagine Terraria with all the cosmetic items Starbound have.

I never understood why people liked to play online, even with anons here. I kind of get really nervous and get panic attacks.
I'd like to play Animal Crossing with Virgins, though

i bet you think thats terribly hilarious

What are you, some kinda autist?
I'd play with you, user. I'm also really nervous around people, but I figure the only way to get over that is by pushing though it.

the cosmetic items are both the blessing and the curse of starbound.
Most of them are completely useless for any creative purposes, since they pretty much only work within the exact setting they were designed for.
With a limited amount of cosmetics, you can allow yourself to be more creative without having everything look out-of-style.

user, as long as you don't act like a turboautist, nobody will care.
You don't have to talk, even. But that'd be boring.

the real curse is the shitty/far too basic inventory management.

What is that thing?

Are you that guy who was shitposting like that in one of the past terraria threads?
Git gud, and it actually has an ingame tutorial.
I would say you are correct if the crafting system was as retarded as minecraft but it isn't.
Just the crafting system alone is enough to get you through the game.

Looks like a weta of some kind.

It was nerfed in a way. It now no longer changes your position, but the position of the world. Not sure if this makes sense but it really goes against my sense of direction plus you are no longer on target after you switch around because of the effect.

Have dirt blocks and stand in water. Craft.

They actually can go down stairs, but will only do so to "go to bed" (e.g. walk to the place they stand at night), in any other situation they just walk aimlessly and won't drop through platforms.

No it doesn't, read my post thoroughly

make it worth my time