Tfw the last issue of the TF2 comic was released over a year ago

When I die, I want Valve to lower my coffin so they can let me down one last time.

Dude TF2 has existed for 500 goddamn years.
The entire reason why it turned into shit is because everyone, especially Valve, just can't let this goddamn game die.
Instead of just letting it run it's course they kept pumping hats and weapons and other ranom shit into it for years and years trying to keep it relevant over and over.

Just let this shit die already, goddamn.
Why is everyone so obsessed with making shit last forever, move on to something else, fucking hell.

It was in development for 9 years

It lasted 9 years after release before dieing

quite poetic actually

It also gives you some perspective at just how unfathomably long this game was in development for, I mean Jesus Christ

If a game is good, why stop playing it? People still play Doom over 20 years later.

I'll admit, I chuckled
Who cared about the comic though? I thought it was just a flashy way to announce new updates

If they lower coffins anything like they make games then you'll be hanging in the air until the ice caps melt and you get a burial at sea.

It gave a bit more depth to the characters and/or world.

Of course a lot of Source Filmmaker movies do a better job at giving the characters depth but still

Was there any reason to care about TF2 lore though? It was hardly there in the game, and it worked just as well. Hell, I spent most of my early TF2 days not knowing shit about why I was fighting and thought it was just for fun's sake

TF2 stopped being good shortly after the mannconomy update.

You shouldn't care about the lore in the game itself, because its a fucking video game, and gameplay is always paramount above story

But comics aren't video games, so if you wanted to read the comics of this series and read more about them then the comics are there

The Goldrush Update didn't come that late, silly. You know it to be true.

Fair enough. I just found what little of the lore I learned to be shallow and uninteresting. And that's really no surprise, given that the main attraction was the video game

Lets be fair m8, the game didn't die until it went F2P in 2011 with the Uber Update

Confirmed for never having played TF2 until after it went F2P.

It's not about what's fair. It's about what's right.

Weapons a shit. Hats a shit. Trading a shit.

The moment it went beyond a simple game is when it became shit. The only acceptable thing would be maps and gamemodes, and that's if they weren't "experimental" wastes of development time that get abandoned by bulk.

Yes
You could say that
The variety of weapons did benefit the game by allowing different playstyles and therefore more fun. When they were properly balanced of course

No. Differing playstyles in itself unbalanced, making subclasses of every class. That's not good in any way.

Examples would be the flaregun, demoknight, gunslinger, etc. Changes classes too much from their intentions, and makes the role the class is meant to fill unfulfilled. No more teams, only free-for-all points game, now, unless your a healslut, in which case enjoy being the only person giving a fuck, if you aren't already pocketing an offense class.

It's genuinely well written with good humor and an overarching plotline with lots of intrigue. You can enjoy it completely independently of TF2 itself.

Overwatch is better in every way.

No, fuck off.

Also wasn't the person who made them a huge sjw that hamfisted the fact Ms. Pauling is lesbian?
Also when do you think TF2 really died?

fix'd

Nope. It's much better in every way.
You're not even going to predict the digit? What a newfag.

epic fail. anti-downvoting just for that.

Honestly for me it started going to shit when they started class updates. The first one was the Medic if I remember correctly and that one wasn't bad at all but after that they went full retard especially with the Scout update.

It was more the characters I think people cared about.

Honestly for me, TF2 went to shit around the first update. I think it fixed a few bugs but they went full retard after they started tweaking and balancing, especially when they added airblast.

Airblast actually made the Pyro useful though and negated all the w+m1 abusers

Wasn't the airblast introduced along the Backburner for the Pyro update though ? I remember people going batshit insane because that gave him an HP boost and made him tanky as fuck. Also I think the weapon still could randomly crit (that or the back hitbox was completely fucked).
Despite the fact that I'm thoroughly disgusted at what TF2 has become I still have fond memories of it.

the fuck? you actually LIKE TF2? lmao, dont you know it's the new hip and cool thing NOT to like TF2? rofl you're a loser. try sticking with the status quo of Holla Forums next time.

Please faggot, TF2 is fucking dead now and everybody knows it. But I think most people here can agree it was good at least one point in time

the initial airblast wasnt that bad though…
it was a hell of a lot slower, didnt have near as much reach,took more ammo, and minicrits didnt exist back that

no it wasn't. it was always shit. especially after the first update where it went full retard. and since you like this game then youre officially a normalfag/SJW. bye

The pyro update was what transferred me from orange box to pc. Well that and my xbox rrod'd. A lot of people complain about the flare gun/axtinguisher/air blasting, but they fail to realize the amount of skill it takes to pull off those combos.
What astonishes me about valve is their constant nerfing of "glitches" in tf2. Especially considering that rocket jumping was considered a glitch.