When Will It End

Everything comes in phases, so how long till we get to the next phase of developers that actually give a shit about just making the best vidya? Please tell me it's soon because I've got this problem where I want to play new vidya but there's nothing new worth playing, and I really wish this wasn't so.

Other urls found in this thread:

nichegamer.com/2016/09/29/no-play-required-walking-simulator-firewatch-getting-film-adaptation/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It's always been 90% trash.

The next phase is a return to multiplayer focused "arena" games like overwatch Stillborn and Paladins.

There are going to be plenty of similar games running around in the next few years.

If we're lucky we may get a few that aren't class based.

A lot of the trash use to be fun though, it's just completely soulless now.

Only one way for it to end

It ends when normalfags stop happily buying the same old shit over and over. So never.

i dont even know

Problem is back in the day games used to be made as arcade type games, then came the era where D7D nerds and Scf-Fi nerds got into making games because they wanted to recreat a virtual world just like what they were playing on table top, or just like they read in those books. They made the worlds very intricate and fleshed out or just had a LOT of passion for their work because this was all new and they wanted it to be awesome. Most of the time it was but then the doldrums of the mid 2000's set in and huge conglomorate companies were taking over and making games just to generate a bottom line profit. The good talent either left or got burnt out rehashing the same shit year after year and so you are were we are at today. Shitty sequels, pointless MOBAS, dumbed down single player shitfests. Just a hot mess of stupid.

nichegamer.com/2016/09/29/no-play-required-walking-simulator-firewatch-getting-film-adaptation/

I blame fucking academia for telling retards to get a degree in video game development to be the next Notch.

90% of films and 90% of books are bad.

Just enjoy your 10%.. you can't even enjoy it all in your lifetime.

There are probably a number of games out there being released that you'd get entertainment out of that have just been undiscovered by just about everyone. As has been mentioned, Arena shooters are the big AAA fad at the moment, just like MOBAs were before and MMOs before that. CCGs are seeing a surgence as well, as are "youtube-bait" games. What comes next probably won't be great either. All you can do is either fall back on older games or try to dig up gems in the shitpile that is obscure games.

Maybe it wouldn't be so hopeless if jaded virgins like us would actually make games.

Holla Forums is all talk and no action.
Like for example, i've read hundreds of posts about how so many people hare have so much "dignity" and "self respect" and the correct way to making games is something that you want to play and that you shouldn't cater to anyone but yourself and yadda yadda.

Yet the board still shits on devs, especially indie devs, that actually make a game for themselves, just because they don't like whatever dumb nitpicking shit they decided to sperg over at any specific moment.
I bet every single person here would end up exactly like the average soulless AAA dev, selling their asses for a quick buck, the main difference between them and most people posting on Holla Forums is that most people here don't have any useful skills to actually even remotely start making vidya themselves.

And those that do end up making a couple of shitty unfunished indie projects nobody will ever see, or the lastest oh so ironic Holla Forums pandering meme trash a sozen of people will play at best and then forget once they get tired of it.
Everyone here is all talk, nobody here makes content.
Hell most people here don't even make OC for the board itself, have you noticed?
People here are so lazy and have given up on fucking everything, even making stupid comics for Holla Forums itself.
The best we get these days are shitty, lazily made collages and fucking charts and lists, like anyone ever gave a fuck about those.

No OC, no games, no discussion, no nothing, a nothing board full of nothing people that amount to nothing.

Thank you for correcting the record :^)
Although the level of posting has decreased awfully since months ago, the first days were and still are the best ones
You are still a fag, thou

Why tho?

Guess the only people that criticize/review anything are creators?

>>>/agdg/
You're welcome

Nice oc, good job

Remember when it was genre market saturation and DLC farming? Boy how time flies.

It's a Hollywood thing
Yojimbo, Oldboy, Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and some other movies get pointless movie-of-a-movie adaptations

Everything you've said is true, but you're mistaken if you think anyone comes here to be productive. One thing, though; it's easier than ever to make vidya. Most people want a decent game, but not everyone wants to make one. I know that's hard to believe, given the huge influx of dipshits who join "game designer" programs at overly expensive, for profit universities, and given that video games are now more popular than they've ever been, but the truth is that most people want to be the critic without learning what it takes to be the content producer. If you come here, or anywhere else on the internet for that matter, for a well thought out and critical assessment of your particular product or even more generalized topics like the state of certain design trends, you're going to be sorely disappointed. That's not to say there aren't intelligent people on the internet who can't articulate themselves, and that's not to say that you can't find something worth looking over, it's just that the majority of this feedback is going to be utter shit. So, there you go. It's one, huge, shitty feedback loop.
The problems that plague producers also plague consumers, but in different ways. End result is still the same, though. I hope you're only partly baiting, because you're right.

nice, pasta OC

I dunno, from 2001 when I first got my gamecube to about 2010 I think out of the 100-200 games I got I think only like 10 of them just weren't very fun

Games used to be marketed to be fun over graphics and story

Now you have programmers trying to be writers because they've played premade DnD scenarios

Have you made any games?

Do you want a recommendation for something specific?

Mhhh apropos of nothing, when is that John Wick sequel I've heard so little about?

In a world…
of OPERATORS

How long I have spent trying to tell people that yelling at feminazis to make their own game was encouragement and not dismissal.

How long I've waited for a really good game to come of this.

Like, I firmly believe that a large portion of Holla Forums would be totally okay playing a game that had a black tranny female (I have no idea whether it'd be transitioning into or out of female) MC so long as /the gameplay itself/ was good. I still believe it, and I always will.

But it'll never get made, because the people that make such games don't tend to care about gameplay. They care about an agenda. And whatever, they're entitled to express that, I guess, but it's a damn shame they can't embrace and love their message enough to make something enjoyable from it. It has to be edgy and emotionally challenging.

Like, FUCK, at least Undertale had fucking GAMEPLAY!

It's always funny watching them whine and complain about how no one is making games with proud women of colour and whatever. Games with character creators don't count, or are assumed to have the dreaded cishet white male protagonist. Same with games with entirely nonhuman protagonists.

Why live?

You certainly can if you're a NEET. I've already played everything I had even a passing interest in from pre-gen7. I'm not nearly as picky as most of the doomsday "muh crash, everything modern is iredeemable trash" faggots around here and I still have to search fairly hard for something new to play when I'm done with whatever my current binge is. I've been hopping from new release to new release all year, but as soon as we hit another drought then I'll probably have to go back to anime if I'm not willing to replay something lengthy. People who say this really overestimate the amount of truly good games out there.

Great art isn't preachy, it's supposed to be up to interpretation. Which is why exteremists usually make poor art.

The annoying bit of this complaint is that it's misdirected. Yes, there's an issue of misrepresentation, but the fact is, people write/draw/create what they know. And stepping outside of that is always troublesome.

Araki's only female main character in JoJo comes in maybe 80% of the way through the current total run of the series in total. That's several decades. But she's probably the best, most well-realized character in the whole series, which lead me to believe that Araki had been working on her the entire time.

And, frankly, the gap is rapidly closing. As game development is growing more accessable, people of various minorities are getting better access, which inevitably leads to more and more people making games. More and more games feature POCs, more and more games feature characters who could subscribe to the LGBTQ whatever shit, and more and more it's mattering less and less, so long as the rest holds up.

This, essentially.

It'll happen eventually. Monkeys and keyboards.

In some cases literally, to use Holla Forumsspeak. Hoyo!

I can agree with you when you say, "Do something".
I can't agree when you imply we're one person, or that you're justified by telling other people to do something when you yourself should do it too.

Games back then could be quite well written. Aside from older nip games (Legend of Heroes) being ported I have trouble finding good writing nowadays.

Thanks, pot! Now we know the kettle is black!

Their problem is those sorts of people think that their principles are self-evident and that anyone who doesn't agree with them totally is an unenlightened philistine, which tends to create utterly shit art due to the entire thing being devoted to talking down to its audience.

Preachy isn't necessarily shit.
If it was, nobody would bother going to church.
The real question is "how does X thing handle an audience?" and if gg has shown us anything it's that when it comes to audiences these people are beyond retarded.

Generally speaking I vastly prefer it when that sort of thing is present but not a focus, which makes it normal, which is ==what they fucking want==

I mean, fuck, Arcade Gannon was routinely my fave companion alongside ED-E, and I traditionally always played straight males in my runs.

That works for books and films, but vidya is too new. If you've grown up playing it already then you've probably played most of the 90%, at least the kind that's readily available.

Even though there are less video games then books and movies I still think it would be impossible to have played all the good games

most of Holla Forums likes gravity daze/rush and it has a female protag.

A delicious chocolate one, at that. It only reaffirms my beliefs.

Supposedly a year from now.

I fear it's going to lose what made the first good.

Just need to wait for it to crash because of how unprofitable games are becoming after the insane hike-up of production costs for AAA games

It's to the point where if a game doesn't sell millions or even tens of millions in some cases it can't recoup and make profit

the movie industry has been shit for decades and instead of slowing down it picked up speed.
games have gone mainstream user, there is no changing that. just ignore the big budget trash and play the one in million indie or low budget game that is actualy good.
they have always been around and always will be, but most of them work for publishers that only care about profit margins. or they fell prey to the sjws, drank the koolaid and lost their perspective completely.

im calling bullshit on that. overwatch is basicly the only game in that genre that will be popular, just because it has blizzard money for marketing and that fucking disnex aesthetic that everyone seems to love while it gives me eyecancer.
Oh and while we're on the topic, fuck blizzard in particular for not releasing a single good game in the last decase and fucking up ever single franchise they had to the point where it isnt distinguishable from tumblr fanfiction anymore.

You're an idiot.
A gigantic idiot.
When you work on a game you don't fucking post about it COSTANTLY on either Holla Forums, reddit or where the fuck else.
When you work on a game you WORK ON THE FUCKING GAME, sometimes when the game is actually playable you can come around and show a demo, otherwise guess what you should be WORKING ON THE FUCKING GAME.
See fucking YandereDev and his cucked project, he came here for attention, instead we gave him shit and criticism costantly because he was wasting time with us and shitty features, so he turned to reddit and who knows who else because we didn't wax his shaft hard enough.
People here on Holla Forums don't make content because people that make content don't waste time on Holla Forums.

I heard Holla Forumsirgins making games, there was that platformer with the guy that had a cloud for a head, I also heard that Risk of Rain had a show around those parts as well.

Oh I'm sorry your majesty, I guess being THE MAIN FUCKING REASON WE HAD TO SWITCH FROM 4CHAN TO Holla Forums isn't enough for you?
If we're not costantly causing chaos and destruction around the place we're not hardcore enough?
Jeez, I guess we are too busy discussing and playing FUCKING VIDEOGAMES.

tl;dr: Holla Forums does what Holla Forums wants, stop trying to inject your bullshit depressed philosophy into it.

And 89.46477% of statistics are pulled out of the ass at the spot

Niggers, I bet I could name 10 great or worthwhile games you haven't played.

We're anonymous, you don't know what we do. How many games have you made anyway?

You're right about the lack of PC, though. People automatically claim anybody is from reddit or 4chan if they even try to have fun.

Fuck you guys, I'm leaving this thread before you give me a migraine.

do it faggot i'm desperate

Two anons were saying he managed to get banned from Reddit. No source, sadly

looking at wikipedia there were over 500 major releases last year.

if we go by your logic 90% of them were trash, but that still leaves us with 50 good games.

50 more games to add to that extensive backlog you no doubt have.

faggots like you have a compulsive need to take everything literally so grand that i wonder if you aren't actually being retarded on purpose and instead you are actually that retarded

I just want something like vanilla wow to be popular again. Nothing ever matches up to the time in 2005/2006 levelling on a new, overpopulated server.

Autism. It's common around these parts.

There is a difference between experimental trash and by-the-numbers trash.

90% is an understatement.
Just try browsing a release list or some distributing platform chronologically.
I bet you won't find 1 interesting game in 20.

More like it used to be 90% trash, then after about 2007 it increased by 1% every year since so now it's 98% trash.

Is there an image board that bans all autists? I'd be content if they banned me too as long as I could lurk quality posting.

/svidya/, it immediately died because it was boring. Happened all the time when there was a top 25 board list on the top bar.

Theres still a top 25 board list

> >>>/abdl/ exists and is top 25

based

Here's an OK screenshot.