Star Citizen - The Scoop

Kotaku is currently bashing Star Citizen:

archive.is/GNh8o - What Happened to Star Marine, Star Citizen's Missing Module
archive.is/Xyiv9 - What to Make of Star Citizen

Oh, and it’s no longer the Best Damn Space Sim Ever. It’s now the Best Damn Everything Sim. Yeah. Of course those key parts are now being picked up by the media and propagated.

Chris Roberts hilarities:

youtu.be/TbWh5inW7Fw?t=410 - Says the Sun doesn’t move around our solar system
youtu.be/TbWh5inW7Fw?t=277 - Thinks The Morrow Tour (SQ42 reveal) from CitizenCon2015 looked terrific

Further leaks from inside sources:

new mocap going to be put in after citcon in october
but! sandi has been getting paid to do the fill in mocap for the female models for the last few months
and! sandi will also be in the new scenes in october/november
these are not technically “reshoots” since its new material, but had to be added since some actors are no longer available or desire to work with roberts and the script was rewritten (again, for the 3rd time after principle shooting)
the last leak on mocap shooting was $29m, is now a projected $40m+ (one person said 60m but I dont believe that
unconfirmed: ortwin is now distancing himself from the project, requesting a buyout
confirmed: legal ramifications for unpaid overtime due to an “anonymous letter” sent to the california labor commissioner
3 absolutely key guys are leaving
the money has run out
les dennis is appearing in sq42
cig are being sued for 50 mill + by a group of investors and whales
an ex senior staff member has been questioned by police after a xxxxx was brutally xxxxx in a xxxxxx

Other urls found in this thread:

widget.clips4sale.com/mobile/keyword/?k=MAE DEMMING TICKLING
youtube.com/watch?v=xw8lHMCm2Lc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Just because Kotaku is reporting it doesn't make it any less legitimate, they're media parasites.

Speaking of parasites, how bout that Star Citizen? Gameplay enough for ya?

BTW, according to sources Chris already spent $40m of backer money on motion capture.

According to leaks they're going to overhaul the space combat completely making all ships slower so they behave like those in Elite Dangerous.

They failed in not releasing this before No Game's Sky, now not only will they be accused of releasing a shit incomplete game, they'll be accused of ripping off another shit incomplete game.

Everyone should not really praise/trash the game until it's released.

If you compare the stage that it's at now to other games at the same stage it blows them away.

The problem is that Roberts has a bad history when it comes to game development.
So I'm crossing my fingers but I'm not getting my hopes up.

I really need a new system any ways so it doesn't really matter to me. I'm using a system that's equipped with a i5-750 & a 7870, so it's not like I can play it even if it really is the 2nd coming of Christ.

LOL

retard

It's running on a completely outdated Xb360 console engine. Your toaster can handle that.
When the FPS is low it's because CIG/RSI's cloud server toaster is shit.

kek

Hey, where are the shills? This is no fun!

Remember to get your bingo cards ready user!

Don't lie.

Let's get this going!

What if that's money Laundering?

Their shitty free to play client even runs on my potato (AMD Phenom 810, GTX 560).
Star Citizen being made for high end PCs is a meme. It has Crysis2 tier 2011 graphics. Some stuff is even PS2 tier. Embed related

I spent $900 on DLC and you guys are all going to be sorry when this is the best game ever.

is there a source for this?

why
are
you
typing
a
faggot?

Source is "TheAgent", an anonymous leaker working inside CIG.
They even engaged a P.I. to find out, who he is. Unsuccessfully.
His previous leaks all turned out to be true.

I honestly can't wait for SC to crash and burn. The ensuing fallout will be more entertaining than anything I've played in the past few years.

Why exactly do you write like that? your enter key is busted?

As money did run out, it's about time.

So what the fuck happened to the new space game general thread? I saw up a few hours ago. I swear to god these fucking mods.

Figure ill ask here since this is the only relevant and alive thread related to anything about space

Aren't all current space games basically scams?

They money ran out? but what about those guys that said criticism just made them go out and buy more ships?

These few hundred suckers can't keep Chris Roberts alive.
He spent 40 million dollars on hollywood motion capture bullshit, the money is gone.
He has conned about 70,000 people (while pretending it were 1.5 million), but 99 % of them won't give him any more money.
They're as good as ded.

They can't even pay shills anymore, as can be seen in this thread.

Someone post the not-a-cult birthday song from the last Shitizencon.

Checked, and top fucking kek. Remember anons, ten days till Shitizencon 2016.

I thought they were dead. Why are they [CURRENTLY] doing anything? Anyway, Star Citizen is garbage anyway, right? 1500 dollar DLC? Fuck you.

i actually feel a small degree of hope for star shitizen, and before you call me a shill let me tell you why. i think all of us spacefags kinda want a han solo simulator, or want to play firefly: the game or whatever. the video they released for gamescom or whatever it was a couple months ago was pretty close to the mental image i had for that perfect cooperative space game: flying a multi-seater ship, having your bros running the turrets and actually genuinely angling deflector shields, then closing in on a crippled space hulk or hovering above a pirate base and dropping your shock troops to deal with the ground forces while you hover around and strafe motherfuckers

i mean, i'm not stupid, i realize what a clusterfuck the entire game's development cycle has been, but if they can actually deliver something close to the video that they put out it might actually be pretty ___fun

let the SHILL THIS GUY'S A SHILL HOW MUCH IS ROBERTS PAYING YOU FUCKER commence

fuck off you goons

Doesn't mean anything if they can't get it over the finish line because they blew money on spurious bullshit like recognizable actors, mocap, coffee machines, and ambitious new features and tech that doesn't actually improve the game.
I remember back in the early days chris was claiming that the main reason star citizen would be possible because unlike AAA games the money wouldn't all go to marketing and outsourced CGI trailers and shit. Guess they forgot about that when they started viewing their community as a pocket dimension of infinite money.

There was a slim chance in 2013 of pulling something like that off, not in the scope of "best damn everything simulator" of course. But then bad stuff happend:
Chris scammy Roberts lost a lot of experienced senior developers like Wingman (now involving himself with Descent: Underground)
He jumped the MMO train beside having no tech for it and later on the FPS train for the pure greed of money and wasted that entire money for making another Wing Commander (1999) movie.
The ship has sailed 2014 already, there is no way to salvage anything.

You seem mad, OP. Backed the wrong horse?

Seriously?

How much did you donate Citizen?

Thank fuck

I guess they can make this bullshit article because Chris will be an idiot and flip out instead of give legitimate info to invalidate the claims. I'm interested in another flip out.

Chris privately has got a shitload of money out of this. That's the only thing he cares about.
He knows this trainwreck is finished and will go into hiding soon.

A link bud,

Wew

You mean like after his movie production company was implicated in a 500 million euro investment scam/tax evasion scheme?

That Chris Roberts guy was completely broke in 2011 after the Kevin Costner lawsuit and worked as used car dealer.
Now he is rich guy again with a Yacht in Monaco and a Porsche Limited Edition. And this stays this way regardless if that "game" goes to the toilet (which it will).

well there's definitely two ways this can go

either way its popcorn time.

He will go through with his new movie director dream till the end. But he made sure, that if it fails horribly again, he will have a comfortable retirement after that.
He paid himself 10+ millions out of backer funds as "director salary" already. That money is in his pockets and gone.

There is a possibility he might have an OMG this cannot fail moment or some politics forces his hand and he might start reinvesting that money back into CIG.

The ride isn't over yet ;-)

This guy is a pro, he knows how to steal money.
The only thing that can fuck him up is a proper lawsuit.

Ready!

Source on this?

Because that's fucking hilarious if true. Roberts could end up burning millions just to defend a lawsuit.

That's a big list

Brilliant writing

CIG can't burn millions, because they ran out of money already.

hope not, elite dangerous' flight model is awful planes in space and casual as heck. the current SC one is actually pretty great, high skill cap and lots of high speed strategy to use.

There are a number of ways for Roberts to extend the ride, like massing a lot of corporate debt.
Corporate bonds are the first thing that come to mind.

Pretty sure they needed those for the custom built spaceship doors in their new office building. Because why fucking not.

For you.

I'M TELLING YOU!! THIS TIME CIG REALLY WILL BE DEAD IN NINETY DAYS! THIS TIME I WILL BE RIGHT!!

ok Citizen.

They will nerf that.

I love how hyped up space games are becoming scams at this point. This games hype is still running on goon fuel while No Man's Sky hype bubble already busted.

Does this nigga even lift?

All space games are scams.

GJ

Hey, maybe we'll get a space game not made by hackfrauds one day.

yoooooo jus str8 redacted lyk dat monica

All games are scams.

Saying that makes you look like you just want to play warthunder or the warthunder clone elite dangerous. Why not just play those? spaceships are supposed to be have a bigger focus on facing the enemy or "turreting" as shitters say.

There's a lot more skill to it than just "oh im behind them, now i win". you need continuous evasion, aim, gforce management and profile management to excell.

Everything is a scam.

Free games are fine.

Free games scam you out of your time.

All scams are games

Now you can pay for movies you won't watch to go alongside the games you don't play on steam. What a brave new world we live in these days.

I think every one of these threads is made by people who don't understand that the project got funded so well because the "kike-starter" behind it actually has a resume of games he made in the past that people enjoyed.

Every year it is worse and I've learned to accept it. I now assume all the dumbass questions you see on the web are kids under age 20 who are still retarded. It's crazy when you think that the person on the other end could be some 14 year old kid who has never been with a woman. Remember how retarded you were at that age? wew.

…Bane?

its a common issue with space "dogfighting"

in reality it simply sucks

and he made those games with a publishers foot on his neck

Its clear he lacks a certain self discipline

it sucks if you don't like space dogfighting. most noncasuals actually like space dogfighting so fuck off and don't infect space dogfighting with your plane bullshit.

and how much did you donate citizen?

He has a resume of failures and some games his brother made for him, which were somewhat successful. His first Wing Commander almost killed Origin, it wasn't a financial success. WC2 was, but he didn't participate in that.
Nevertheless he did never beat LucasArts in the space genre.

Yeah, running on nostalgia from his Wing Commander days because people sure as fuck weren't tearing themselves apart for Freelancer 2.0 when Roberts first announced SC.

That may be, but the one thing with a worse track record of delivering on promises than Star Citizen are Holla Forums's retarded predictions about how big a failure it's going to be. We've been doing "they're literally out of money now! There's nowhere to go, very legit anonymous source confirmed that they have at most a week left!" for the past year.

Yes I agree his reputation is overblown.

Where there's smoke there's fire.

But yes you are right no one knows how much money is left and what other lines of credit he has so we simply can't predict if and when the cash runs out.

I'd be honestly suprised if he didn't have proper investors involved because if there's one running theme with crowdfunding it's that the funds are used as collateral for loans/enticement for traditional investors.

Proper investors are called "smart money". Kikestarter backers are called "dumb money".
Smart money invests in publishers with established franchises, not into a fraud who scammd Kevin Costner

touché

SC stays afloat because it's a money laundering scheme, likely used by criminal elements. Roberts certainly has put no effort into ensuring his page couldn't be used for that.

My comment isn't even about SC, there are countless games with good newtonian spaceflight and yet we still get retards like Frontier using plane physics instead of good spaceflight in new games.. SC is at least using a better flight model, It stands to popularize good flight mechanics and if a bunch of idiots lose their money on the way its a worthy sacrifice.

Fair enough.

I'm not fond of planes in space although I understand why its used.

Having small ships in space is probably a dead end game play wise.

Just imagine how many Fatal Frame games could be made with 120 million dollars.

Or a sequel to Starlancer.

#fuckthisgayearth

Yep, give an artist unlimited budget and no deadline and shit goes bad.

There is nothing wrong with small fast ships in space if its balanced properly.

The basic steps for balancing a newtonian space game are as follows, first of all decide your ships range of acceleration and projectile velocity. These two numbers affects accuracy, power of evasion, distance of engagement, and much more, it essentially means basing your flight model around these two decisions.

From there you decide on secondary things in the flight model, often giving different ships different turn rates and whatnot. You also want to take into account time to kill, and set up a curve for acceleration, damage output and velocity for bigger ships and bigger weapons that gives both quick fighters and stompy battleships their own roles.

Meanwhile elite dangerous has nothing of the sort, every bigger ship you buy is straight power creep and the exponential prices reflect that. There's no roles, there's no decent flight model balancing or anything, its complete trash i could have come up with in minutes.

I played WC Prophecy mate, not everyone here is underage.

The last game he made was Freelancer. Mediocre and underwhelming. Came out in 2003.

The reality of the situation is that in space an object (even with a human in it) can accelerate to incredible speeds where you literally be in and out of the combat zone in a blink.

Play Elite 2 Frontier and you can see this in action.

The only way to make a Newtonian model worthwhile is nerf it unnaturally which leads compromises which ultimately leads to the airplane in space model.

Still like you say, maybe it possible? Just haven't really seen it yet.

which he didn't finish and Microsoft booted him off the project.
see

Freelancer is basically SC 1.0. An overhyped, poorly planned mess that failed to deliver on virtually all of the promises and ran overbudget until the publisher had to step in and force Roberts to wrap it up and release at least something.

Sadly there is no publisher this time around to keep Roberts and his idiocy in check.

It was the moment you said every bigger ship in elite is strait power creep is when I knew for a fact you don't play elite or you never got past cobra. For those of you not in the know, currently best ships in the game for killing is a medium ship, followed by a large sized ship that acts like a medium, and then maybe just maybe in the right persons hands one of the big three ships in game for combat but even then it's not that good compared to the #1 slot. Your shits all retarded, and you don't know what you are talking about in regards to elites balance of ships. If anything currently bigger ships are trash compared to said medium or smaller ships.

Topic at hand, I don't trust anything Kotaku reports, but I'd not be surprised if it was true.

Someone post that furry interview so we can /thread.

You should play better games. I suggest La Mulana

No, your'e missing the point. Bigger ships are indeed straight up superior, but the tradeoff like i said is the exponential cost. People use medium ships not because they are better, but because they dont want to grind for a week to repair their conda.

Yeah turning on a hairpin and making positioning and managing your acceleration insignificant sure takes a lot more skill.

Fucking kill yourself, right back to SA/CIG/whatever shithole you came from.

Another citizencon in october, its going to be great

For the record Star Citizen could be really great. Miracles happen. Looking at all the facts it seems bloody unlikely ofcourse but still.

However it's pretty stupid to invest in a game before the first reviews. And buying ships for hundreds or even thousands goes beyond just pre-ordering.

How do you run out of over a hundred million shekels?

The same way Schafer managed to run out of $3.3 millions while making a point and click adventure game.

Spending it on stupid shit like hiring gary oldman for motion capturing etc

I'm only interested in squadron 42.
Single player experience

So how is it better then? Logistics and mentainance factor in in RL to determine how good something is.

Jesus Christ.

Holy fuck! What game is this!?

Your moonruning is lacking. it says to prepare your anus, vid is full of bants

probably one of the well trusted people but actually has a brain and warns people about what is happening still made out like a bandit it seems as well since they are still going

Elite's simplified mechanics have nothing to do with logistics or maintence factor, it's literally just a money number you grind for. While shit, what logistics and maintenance factor could make elite's power creep work, but the rest of elite isn't up to it. Maybe in games with an actual economy where you have empire or faction scaled incomes and costs. Elite is not that game, and even that game this would be a huge flaw in due to lack of variety in gameplay.

Whats so fucking hard to understand about every ship just being the same garbage except worse or better with more or less cost. A good game will have ships be and feel significantly different without having power creep. Your supposed to have some power creep within multiple ship classes not power creep within a single class.

It's not a game. It's Appleseed Alpha.

fuck

What? Can't stand the sight of a strong nord woman?

I don't need eyes to see it.

Holy shit, it's next weekend. CitizenCon is on the 9th of Oct.

Get your cringe storage barrels ready, we're stocking up for the rest of the year. We're going to need a stream when it's on and also probably some new bingo cards? What other preparations are required?

I cant wait

It doesn't, though. It moves around the galaxy sure, and the planets and other objects within the Solar System orbit around the Sun, but the Sun doesn't make any motions itself within reference to the Solar System due to it being the center of mass of the system. Even the barycenter between the Sun and every other mass in the Solar System is still within the Sun itself.

Someone please post the /vg/ org screenshots

Does this mean i have to defend SC now? I'm conflicted.

why is that always a big thing. how many times have they redone the fucking animations now? like every con they talk about some mocap shit like it is going to make the game amazing.

DEREK SMART DID NOTHING WRONG

You just get your popcorn and watch. You can try to fan the flames if you like.

First: The numbers are faked. He made millions, but not so many. Word is he actually made only slightly over 40 millions and spent it all on mocap BS.

I know they redid their mocap once they started getting a lot of funding, then they built a studio specifically for mocap and redid them again. then i stopped paying attention. now they are REDOING THEM AGAIN?

Yes, Chris Roberts wants to be a movie director.

t. Christ Roberts

Does that mean the same thing to everybody?

Don't know him.

That's what I thought at first, and then I learned to use my vertical and lateral thrusters in combat instead of just for parking. Shit's cash yo, like motherfuckin' Descent.

I have long since resigned myself to the fact that there will never be a Freelancer 2…

Freespace 2 was better anyway.

This is true. Chris Roberts is a bit of an autist, he can't into filmmaking so he is into gamemaking.

Wingcommander was the WORST movie I have ever seen.

It was just sad because I had actually played and enjoyed the story in some of the Wingcommander games.

Then and there I knew that the nineties were over, my childhood was dead and everything was going to be shit. At least I'm not on meth yet.

I don't know why he thought making squeaky noises was a good idea, and that ending, wew.

There will be a new thread soon. user won't miss out on that thing blowing up live.

3 apparently.

This has been said every month for over a year now.
When does it become real?

In this regard all we have to do is sit back and wait.

There's little point in predicting it, even when the last money was running out was stated SC managed to sucker more shekels out of their whales.

A few good lawsuits should accelerate the inevitable.

Cutter is inferior to the Clipper in every way that matters, unless you're just doing Solo-mode trade runs or some autistic shit like that.

Who cares when the money runs out, if they manage producing keks non-stop?

It sure would. I hope that doesn't happen.
I don't care if CR breaks a hundred laws and commits grand larceny to get his money, as long as he produces a good game. It's not very likely to happen of course, but I'd rather see it succeed than fail.
Considering that he's basically the vidya equivalent of George Lucas and surrounds himself with yes men, there's probably very little hope for a cohesive and polished product ever releasing, and that's a shame because what I've played during the last couple of free fly weekends was actually starting to get pretty good.

Fer De Lance best combat ship in the game. Nothing to do with rebuy when a corvette can have it's shield generator destroyed by a courier with well aimed torpedo with a mod you can get easy.

Big ships are the best is the kind of shit spouted by people who never got past cobra because muh grind was too hard. Casuals be gone.

TBH a lot of us who are laughing at this dumpster fire are frustrated that its come to this, again.

Another out of touch micromanaging egotistical prima donna is taking good money and good talent and pissing it up against a wall.

croberts deserves to fail and all head in the sand autists deserve their tears.

Grind sucks and used to be for 100 % completion bonus content, only bad games use it in place of regular gameplay.

Chris Roberts basically killed space games … again!

I only have these.

Why these people exist?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with kobolds.

very nice

I almost want to see the game fail because of the high number of fucking crazies that inhabit the community.

On the other hand I want it to succeed because they'll make a target rich environment and feed me with enough salt to last millennia

I feel so conflicted.

Whats the context on this?

The Kickstarter space game failed years ago.
All you can seen now is a cult, which somehow emerged from it.

Someone from Australia got his money back after two months of wrangling.

>There are people on Holla Forums right now who spent 100$ + on Space Ship JPGS

The problem is that most "space sim" fans and most sci-fi authors are just the space version of pic related.

Hardly anyone would play a game with realistic space combat.

I totally would. Though nobody has original ideas of how to make unique and plausible 6DoF mechanics for space combat.
Those AAA video game guys simply ran out of ideas.
Frontier Development is the best example how to make a game completely void of any meaningful ideas.

Well, then you may be interested to know, if you didn't already, that Children of a Dead Earth has just come out, which makes an attempt at realistic space combat, though I haven't played it yet myself.

Good man, user. Everyone should know about the halfchan cancer

Literally furfags.

w e w

e

w

"Insider sources" said this when the Escapist article when out how many months ago? And you faggots keep lapping up whatever shit game journos say about SC, despite the lack of evidence that's always the case.

Funny how you suddenly trust everything journos print when it's a game you don't like

jesus christ is this bizarro Holla Forums? freelancer was a ton of fun

Go home (87)

Go away, furfag. Shouldn't you be curating the thread on halfchan /vg/?

But where are the new ideas in this game? I don't see them.

The more fun thing is, that Chris bashed Gamergate for his journo friends and now gets fucked by Kotaku in return.

Mediocre and did not deliver any of the promises.
Lots of games are fun, it was an 8/10.
But it's not a classic and few people remember it today.

Roberts was good in the nineties but so was that Daikatana guy.

I played Freelancer for one minute after the introduction cutscenes.
Then I noticed, that the mouse control system was completely unusable shit only Chris Roberts could have come up with.
Deleted it afterwards. Thank god I didn't pay any money for this PoS.

Just admit that you're faggots who will gladly suck Schreirer cock whenever he says something you like.

I read his response, all he ended up saying was "you supported GG and ethical journalism, why are you publishing these accusations without solid proof? You should know better".

You know that everything Escapist published about Star Citizen turned out to be true?

It doesn't matter if it was fun, it was another case of Chris Roberts being wildly overambitious and hyping up the game while juggling his film project at the same time. In the end he was forced out of the studio and Microsoft went on to salvage the game.

Oh, btw does somebody have the tickle torture videos Sandi did?

"AMBITION MAY BE STAR CITIZEN'S GREATEST FLAW"

"IT WAS INCREDIBLY TOXIC. I HAD TO GET OUT."

For things to be proven true, you have to, you know, actually PROVIDE PROOF. Not just the "good" word of the accuser that it's all true. There's a reason eyewitness testimony is incredibly unreliable, and needs to be backed up with real evidence.

But nah, since it's a game that all the cool kids hate we're talking about, anything bad said about it must be true.

Then the game finally ships gaming PCs don't exist anymore.

What?

widget.clips4sale.com/mobile/keyword/?k=MAE DEMMING TICKLING

You know that you will have 16 hours of unskippable cutscenes with Sandi in the final game, as she plays your wingmate.

Somebody should do webms tbh now that we have a 12mb limit

Nope.

I payed 30 bucks for it back in the kickstarter days, I have yet to download and play it and this is the first time I've read anything about it since. Mostly I just completely forgot I even payed for the thing. I don't think I care enough if it fails or succeeds to warrant spending any time trying to get my money back. I would lose money trying to, typing this post has just cost me like 5 dollars in time. Hopefully it wont suck shit though, that would be sad.

If you have one of the first discontinued package you can maybe resell it to some retarded redditor.

That's what I did, for around triple the price.

Get a refund, user.
It will be free to play later on anyway.
I wouldn't recommend as those "retarded redditors" are actually laundering drug money using SC JPEGs. So you might end up with such money and get fucked by the FBI years later. Not worth it for a starter account.

In my case I'm pretty sure it was a retarded redditor. He wanted it badly, something about LTI.

This is the JPEG currency. Without LTI it is worthless, fam. That is the reason, why he made sure, you actually had LTI.

Glad I got out.

It goes up to $10,000 and likely higher.

So wait, what does LTI stand for?

If you went ahead and paid for a package, may as well either download it or, if you really don't want it, sell it to someone else. Make some money in the process.

When ship concepts are first sold, they have lifetime insurance (nothing but a joke, since it's been said over and over that in-game insurance is dirt-cheap) and some folks flip their shit over it and will fork over way more money for it.

You know the "selling jpegs" is pretty much a meme at this point, right? Only the faggots who shelled out the big bucks for frigates and the like don't have in-game ships yet. All the rest of the ships are in-game and usable.

One of the early concepts was insurance which which requires to be paid on regular basis so you can get your ship back after flying it into an object thanks to lags and too late rendering.

LTI stands for Lifetime insurance which was only available for each ship right after they released the concept JPEG.

Oh okay, Life Time Insurance

/thread

The kotaku author who wrote those article went on the star citizen reddit to tell people not to archive link his work, kek. Always archive.

6 days until citizen con

It doesn't matter all.
The only thing what matter is, that just like BTC, those LTI JPEGs are strongly limited in supply by the CIG/RSI central bank.
That's all what counts to use it for laundering dollars/bitcoins or whatever.

Maybe. I kinda want to play It when/if it releases. I'm fairly interested in the salt mining and constant piracy. Also I just saw there's a stream of an all womyn crew called "diverse the verse" probably going to incessantly target their geoup with my shoebox ship. I feel like I could easily have fun pissing people off in the game at the very most.

Look at Elite Dangerous, the final game won't be a tenth of what they promised. You'll be lucky if it even comes out and do not simply disappear into nothingness.

Get out while you can.

So where's your IM A STAR CITIZEN cringe video, user?

With NMS, the big red flag was making promises, but then being completely silent and hiding all development from the public

SC made big promises, but it's been pretty damn transparent on the development front, so the concern's been more of the "can they deliver in this lifetime" instead of "they say you can do all if this, why are they hiding it?"

my fucking sides, they're gonna get stream-sniped to hell and then complain about muh-soggy-knees in space.

Roberts doesn't have enough money to pay me to make one. :^)

I remember telling people on RSI to use archive links for kotaku articles back in 2014-2015, no matter what. Nobody listened and now they're finally using it. I swear, fuck those faggots.

Are you serious?
The entire OP is full of leaks.

I wouldn't bother posting on the forums at all tbh.

New corvette ship price was just announced. $750 Lower than I was expecting, I thought it would be between $800-$900

They're desperate for fresh money which keeps them going until CitCon.

Any source for the further inside leaks?

Does this really exist?

I have some "inside sources" that tell me SC is being funded by Soros to make the game subliminally turn the players gay and give them estrogen shots through VR headsets.

Trust me, I'm OP :^)

>This Concept Sale will not be stock limited.
They must sell as much as possible, they are really desperate for money.

There's a shitload of them on youtube from various backers. Even the goons made a parody video

Wouldn't need archiving if people knew how to browse invisible.Baka.

The only people who make money from me is nichegamer.

Found one.

I want off the ride.

youtube.com/watch?v=xw8lHMCm2Lc

Selling insurance for videogames items.

Yes it has come to this.

Ever wondered how the Roman Empire has fallen?

At this point it wouldn't surprise me.

This tbh.

GTA Online has insurance, you have to pay in-game money to get your cars replaced or you lose them. It's gonna be the exact same for SC, except some people decided to pay real shekels to not do that.

This is pretty much the entire argument from Shill Citizens, honeestly

go check at 12.00
star marine just disapear from nothing.

meaning when a core thing have issue: they would NEVER say it.

sure you get tons of updates about small little things.
NmS could do the same:

I don't believe anything either of them say.

Everspace turned out OK.

Thanks. That's all I needed. Harsh, but after $100,000,000… wut?

The Star Marine thing seemed to go about in a pretty straightforward way.
The original plan was to release all of the FPS components at once in a module like they did with PvP dogfighting. When they started to get the Port Olisar space up, they decided to instead toss the FPS components in there a little at a time. The whole area is used for testing and finding bugs, so tossing gun and the like into the world along with everything else ended up being a better stress test than an isolated FPS module.

At this moment, all of the core FPS mechanics are implemented and playable right now, but they've been released in bits and pieces that are refined over time, instead of being in one big module. I expect that once they're happy with the gunplay mechanics, they'll quickly toss together a PvP matchmaking mode. But as it stands, I can fly to the security station, grab a gun off the wall, and shoot someone with it, be it standing on solid ground or floating in space.

I personally didn't question the disappearance of Star Marine once I saw the guns showing up in the PTU and used deductive reasoning to come to the above assumptions. If we were here right now with no guns, no FPS ability, I'd be concerned. In all, CIG could've just stated that their plans changed, but it's not exactly difficult to figure out what the ideas are.

I still have a problem wrapping my head around the sheer amount of nerve these people have, asking $750 for an ingame anything. Even if SC was right now exactly what Chris Roberts promised and everything a fan ever dreamed of, I still couldn't imagine paying anywhere near as that for a ship. They can't possibly think that's legitimately a reasonable price for it, so they're just doing it because they can.

And of course the crazy part, as the saying goes, is that people will actually buy it.

Then try thinking of it like this. It's not them selling a product. They don't have one yet. What they're doing is offering people the chance to invest money to develop a product, which they will then receive upon its completion. Based on the amount of money you invested, they're willing to provide additional rewards for your extra contribution.

All of the ships will be available in-game, with in-game currency. That $750 pledge is for the people who say "I want to contribute $750 towards the development of the game, and get a nice ship at start as well as the game", not "if you want this ship, give us $750". You can get the ship when the game is released without spending anything more than the price of the base game.

I don't see any rational reason why CIG, let alone any business, should deny people the power to give them money. They're simply saying "if you choose to give us x amount of money, we'll give you x items in return". It has nothing to do with arrogance. If someone offers me $20 for my product and another $100, and I have enough of my product for both consumers, I'd be an idiot to refuse either of them.

(((a0c53a)))

The rational reason is, that scammers phishing for money harm legit companies doing proper business.
That's the main reason, why we prosecute them.

At this point, people who think something good is going to come out of SC (if anything comes out), are deluded.

It might provide some nice salt though.

It will overshadow the SWTOR desaster by far.
The cult will go nuclear, once they find out they have been betrayed by the mighty Chris.

They'll lie to themselves like a0c53a and completely refuse to see reality, just like Elite Dangerous fans.

One thing I learned from this trainwreck is that space game fans are mostly complete cancer.

Some of us hate both SC and Kotaku

Top kek, Roberts is blowing the funds of over 6 million whale autists on a LITERAL HOOKER? I thought she was just a blatant gold digger, not a PUBLICALLY KNOWN PROSTITUTE. Goddamn, that's hilarious.

My friend bought into the hype back in 2012 and tried to get me to back it, and when I said I'd take a wait and see approach, he backed the game in my stead and set me up with an account with the $35 tier so "we could play together when it's out".

I almost feel bad for him every time I see more SC news about how much of a shitshow the development has become, but then I remember he also backed the Ouya and Gamestick against my advice, used them once, and then put them in his closet never to be touched again.

This same friend also purchased a DIY 3D printer kit against my advice which he has not used (he said he was going to make figurines and shit out of it, but never made anything), and he just purchased a drone kit last night (also against my advice) because he decided he was going to start drone racing because he saw a youtube video and thought it looked cool.

A fool and his money are soon parted.

Your friend seems to have a lot of disposable income.

Are you a fortune teller or something, how do you know it's going to be good?

He's a chairforce nerd with essentially zero living expenses, so he just spends all of his money on stupid shit.

Who in their right mind would pay for this shit? It's just a promise of some guy who didn't make it in Hollywood. Just get a hobby or buy some doujins instead.

Delete your friend.

Retarded redditors are the resource of the 21st century. You can make them buy anything, the only thing you need is a twitter and reddit account.

No it's just a very hard genre (to make not necessarily play). Typically it encompasses many different gameplay systems and mechanics as well as typically being openworld. This leads to nufriends imagining a 10/10 space game and getting hyped even though that will never happen. I think totalbiscuit articulated this point well in a Star Citizen video I watched in describing Space games and survival games as 'desperation genres'

Add on top of this the lust for Multiplayer and you get impossible dreams for games.

He only hears what he wants to hear.

Normalfags seems to want this.

Kek, they all ended up as shitty media players with Kodi on them until their SD card fails.

Welcome to open world games, heres a newsflash for you THEY ALL LOOK LIKE SHIT COMPARED TO NON OPEN WORLD GAMES.

I dont believe it. They are still hiring people and even if the funds go dry, Chris roberts should have a few dozend millions in private. Enough to keep the project going at least until squadron 42 comes out.
Or they crash and burn, honestly i would be fine with either.

If I was Christ Roberts I would have found a way to stash some of that jpeg money somewhere.

Come on now. Give the guy SOME credit. He's not going to blow his own private wealth on this vaporware scam. The whole point of this scam was not having to spend his own money on coke and his hooker for a couple years.

Yes, he now has thanks to his scam. Before that he was a broke used car dealer.
Sure, after you robbed the bank, your bring that money back to keep the bank going, right?
Makes sense.

Nigga you can play it right now. (for the cost of 35 burgerbux or one high-seas swashbuckling adventure.)

All beta/early access/whatever the fuck ought to be judged on what they have, playable, at any given moment in time, not on their promises for the future.

Although, granted, that doesn't always work either. Notably, Starbound somehow got even WORSE releasing after beta, and Shattered Horizon (RIP) went from a great launch to a mediocre mandatory expansion, to 100% dead and forgotten.

Tell me about it.

top kek, but

Does it matter? I would be mad too if someone shitposted vaginas all over my walls

I wouldnt mind getting some pussy for once.

In all seriousness though, painting naked poeple or making statues of them wasnt exactly unusal back in the day. it was way later when another pope got triggered by all the cocks hanging around in his church and went on a bit of a cencoring spree.

polite sage for offtopic