Name 3 Games and get a game recommendation from other Anons

Name 3 Games and get a game recommendation from other Anons.

I'll start:

FTL, Factorio, Project Zomboid

dungeon of the endless

super metroid, ghost 1.0, alien infestation

Mechwarriors

Any FF Tactics, hackmud, Command and Conquer

Shadowrun Dragonfall
maybe hong kong too

EDF 4.1, Just Cause 2, Metal Slug

Toki Tori 2+ (it's not a puzzle game like the description says, it's a metroidvania without upgrades)

Fallout 4

Skyrim, Daggerfall, Elder Scrolls: Redguard

Dark Messiah of Might and Magic

Why is no one giving me recommendations anymore?

I'll stick with gothic, risen, and stalker, thank you very much

Spacechem

Dustforce, Wings of Vi, Minesweeper

Nethack

One Finger Death Punch

Pikmin 2
Gun
Killer 7

Spacechem.

try Cloudbuilt, I Wanna be the Boshy and Lovely Planet.

Vanquish, Max Payne, Dark Void.

Danganronpa
Steins Gate

these aren't my favorite kinds of "games", but I highly doubt anyone can recommend a good shooter or cuhrayzee game that I haven't played. But I enjoyed these three quite a bit and they are the only VNs I know about

Yakuza 2, Ninja gaiden 2, rainbow six siege

try F.E.A.R

Vanquish

chaos;head

Bully, Metal Gear Rising, Saint's Row 3
Some easy, casual AA collectathon title may be nice

For Minesweeper, try Psycard. For the others, what this guy said

Aquaria, The Desolate Hope, Painkiller

Monster Hunter (any)
Phantasy Star Online ep 1+2
Morrowind

Dragon's Dogma, it's monhun/PSO combat in an open world RPG. Be warned though, the game is very incomplete and the open world is pretty dull and lifeless compared to something like Morrowind. Also it's mostly generic fantasy, but at least it is handled pretty well and the story is a lot more interesting than it initially appears.

Make sure to not play as a mage and switch around vocations if you don't like what you're doing (you can do so at the main city). And again do not expect a world nearly as interesting as Morrowind's.

what is the point, shekelstien?

to learn about new games to play you fucking half wit

rimworld

PS3 or 360?
I'd go for PC but all I have is a laptop and it's a fucking toaster.

Sounds like a personal problem, fag. Maybe you should kill yourself instead?

tbh, go with whatever console you are more familiar/comfortable with, if PC's not an option

Max Payne, Jet Set Radio, Dark Messiah of Might and Magic

The game barely runs on consoles, I'm talking 15-25 FPS with black bars and garbage textures. It's also absurdly well optimized on PC, not quite DMC4 tier but still pretty impressive. Pirate it first to see if it runs and if you really can't then just don't bother with any version until you can get the >$250 computer it would take to run it.

at least i can kill myself youre not even real

I couldn't think of anything that had elements of all three so here's three seperate ones for each game:

Vanquish, THUGPRO, and Arx Fatalis

Doom, Halo CE, Splinter Cell Chaos Theory

Also be sure to use Arx Liberatatis for Arx Fatalis, it's a source port with a engine that works much better on modern computers.

It's good to know that you're aware of your own capacity to end your life. Exercise that ability sometime. You'd be doing the whole entire world a favor. Don't lose your nerve, just close your eyes and squeeze the trigger. Mr. Glock can make all your problems go away permanently.

Call of Juarez Gunslinger

Dark souls
Minecraft
WoW

sorry mr edge but glocks are for 59 year old faggots

Dwarf Fortress and Transistor

webm related

Severance: Blade of Darkness
Space Engineers and modded Minetest
suicide

what does it matter if theyre both mainstream trash

Nice hand grenade that chink has on him though.

educate yoself nigga

Tradewinds, Crusader Kings 2, Mount and Blade.

Dorf fort

the difference is that eminem can carry a tune even if he is mainstream trash.
Glock is better. It just is. There is no argument unless you are going to argue aesthetics and historical significance.

Star Control 2
Tales of Maj'Eyal
Dungeon of the Endless

I want a game similar to PSO2, Vindictus, DFO, that sort of thing. I.e. online grinder with real time combat.
Problem is that I played most of them, including shit like DDO, Warframe and Skyforge. Even that one low poly mecha musume one, can't remember the name.
Are there any lesser known games like that?

Paper Mario: TTYD, Trails of Cold Steel, Bayonetta. No FPS, rail shooters, or rhythm games please.

Chocobo Dungeon 2
Mother 3, Chrono Trigger (DS), G-Police

Armored Core 1, Silent Hil, Gothic.

Have you played monster hunter? Might scratch that itch. One of the few games where the grind didn't immediately make me walk away.

As for me:

Monster Hunter (any), Mercenary Kings, Way of the Samurai 4

you guys are into gay games like Insurgency and shit like the new UT

I am, but they arent gay
Go play C&C Generals, Tribes 2 and Battlefield 2/2142.

Yeah I played some monhun games, not a huge fun or slow combat, even though I see the appeal.
I also played Mercenary kings, sprite work is great, but gameplay is super dull.

Is there anything else?

my melanin-enriched brethren

Have you tried EDF 4.1 or maybe Phantasy Star Online (pretty much any)?

What's wrong with UT4 other than it being nearly dead?

Sid Meier's Pirates, maybe Sunless Sea

No More Heroes, Bayonetta

My list is
Rabi Ribi, Koumajou Densetsu, Furi

fuck nevermind you already mentioned PSO. Consider Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker then.

I really did not like No More Heroes

Also I haven't any of the consoles bayonetta is on.

Have you played Assault Android Cactus?

it's developed by people who have no idea how ut is played, the fanbase is full of kids who have no money, devs listen to those and they already build in noob features. Also it will feature gay microtransactions and shit like that.

The new UT has sprinting ffs, how can you still defend that game?

Yes and yes.

An yes.
At this point I'm searching for something really obscure.

Any games with fun combat?
Any shootan (STALKER and Kane and Lynch 1-like) and melee (DDDA MGR) works, as long as it's fun.

You must be me then.

If you haven't played it, try Megaman Legends 2.

Nigger are you sure you're talking about the right game? We're both talking about Unreal Tournament, right? There is no sprint button (are you thinking of slides?).

The gameplay is nearly 1:1 with UT99 and a couple weapons are a bit more interesting (rocket grenades, bio rifle, and flak cannon) while some are a bit worse (link gun primary fire a shit)

The 25 armor on spawns they added last patch was gay but there was a ton of backlash so I wouldn't be surprised if it gets removed next patch.

Oh, there's also Alundra 2 that you may really enjoy.

Furi was bretty fun.

your character automatically sprints if you walk forward long enough and it is faster than dodging over the place.

Nigga seriously?

I hate elves tbh.

nope but I'll check it out. Know anything with less shooting and more melee?

Try Rabi Ribi, Koumajou Densetsu, or Furi

Do you mean that wasn't obscure at all? What about Blood Will Tell? I really liked it but it's certainly not the prettiest game out there.

I've already mentioned it and so have other anons, but Furi is basicaly AAC but with a greater melee focus instead.

SPAZ, Star Sector, XenoRaptor

son of a bitch you already played furi. If you like melee combat you should prorably like the way of the samurai series. Except it's fairly easy to cheese your way through most difficult fights.

Have you ever tried XenoRaptor? It's one of the games that gets my bloodpressure up while playing.

Was hoping for more bullet hells with actual melee combat but cool I'll check that out too.

Silver
Growlanser IV, Syberia, Breakout.

Those seem fun, tough that nigger's cape seems autistic since it's not in a cute dullahan.
Thanks.

Spider-Man 2
Gravity Rush
Ridge Racer Type 4

anyone?

I'll say front mission 3 (or front mission 5 patched) since they're the only turn-based strategy games I ever enjoyed.

Sheep, Dog n' Wolf (I'm taking the comic/cartoon atmosphere from spiderman, the broken physics from gravity rush and some speed from ridge racer since you can do that spinning leg run you see on cartoons)

I remember getting my grandma to rent that for me when I was 4.

Cave Story
Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight
Shovel Knight

Risk Of Rain

Deadbolt and Devil Daggers

Got that one. Pretty good, but I need more skill and patience for it. And friends to play it with

Monster Hunter, Paper Mario: TTYD, and Crusader Kings 2

I'd have to say give Star Control II a try.

Anything that wouldn't require emulation?

Lost Odyssey

Just play the god class.

But I don't have a Xbox, user.

Arx Fatalis
Thief 2: The Metal Age
Dark Messiah

King's Field

Dragon Age: Origins :^)
But seriously, any of the Gothic games

Unless you live in a third world country that isn't the United States you should be able to get one dirt cheap for less than $100

But I haven't unlocked her yet.
I should definitely get back to this game, I've left it collecting dust in my library.

Is that anything like Gunpoint? Haven't played any of the two, so I wouldn't know.
Yikes, that looks like fun__

I'll bite

Metroid Prime, Okami, Super Mario Sunshine

The 360 had a ton of good exclusives. there's no excuse why you can't get one for $50 with some good games for it. Lost Odyssey, Rige Racer 6, Ace Combat 6, Ninja Gaiden 2, EDF 2017, and tons of more.

Spider-Man 2

They're nothing alike though. Point of the thread is to name 3 similar games and get recommendation in the same type of a game.
The only thing I can recommend you based on your post is Zelda.

IL-2 1946, Graviteam Tactics, Dominions 4:Thrones of Ascension

EU 3, Starsector

oh shit im sorry

the OP does just say to name three games though

OP is a faggot as usual.

Also try They Bleed Pixels if you haven't.

I'll remind you I don't like these games you like.
Have you played Door Kickers? Closest thing to turn-based I can think of at the moment.

given that I'm not an ignorant nig anymore, I'd change my 3 games to something like

AM2R, Cave Story, Guacamelee

Axiom Verge

Severance: Blade of Darkness

Ori and the Blind Forest
Environmental Station Alpha

Valdis Story

Heavy Rain, Beyond: Two Souls, Indigo Prophecy.

The House of the Dead 2

Killing Floor

Medieval II:TW

Warhammer: Vermintide

Vanquish, Lost Planet 2, Star Wars Battlefront 2

EX Troopers.

How about The Walking Dead, Phoenix Wright, or Danganropa? DR is purely based on other Holla Forums opinions, I've never played it

As for me: Atelier Iris, Thea: the Awakening, Endless Legend. Crafting/customization, lots of character skills, and tactical planning.

Raw Danger, Disaster Report, Disaster: Day of Crisis

Lost Planet 2
EDF 4.1
Risk of Rain

It's faster but far more predictable, if you look at anyone who is competent at the game they only avoid turning to keep the momentum while they're item hunting and completely safe. In combat it's walldodges or gtfo.

I have not, but I'll wait until it releases instead of playing it in early access.

Earth Defense Force 4.1 (PC version, the consolo version runs like ass and the PC version is hilariously well optimized)

Vanquish and Spelunky

Walking Dead is a perfect example of how to make a player feel like their choices matter they don't.

Telltale have this nasty habit of making story based, "games," where a player's actions fail to carry any weight.

tWD isn't the worst for this, though.If you want a prime example of the TellTale formula, then I'd suggest the first season over their other games. It serves as a good example of how to not make a story focused game.

Mega Man
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse
Transformers: Devastation

Strider (2014)

>Walking Dead is a perfect example of how to make a player feel like their choices matter they don't.
Well, I don't disagree with you, but that's pretty true of at least some of the games you posted as well, so I figured it was a good fit.

DmC: Fuck You
Dragon Quest VIII
Ape Escape: Pumped & Primed
Preferably for PC but it doesn't matter

Manhunt
Power Stone
Fallout New Vegas

Gurumin

A Link to the Past, Secret of Mana, Terranigma

Hard Mode: PC only.

Aces Wild, Viewtiful Joe, Demonsteele

They're all terrible in their own special way- that's their charm.

The best ending of Beyond can be achieved in spite of failing every prompt in the game, provided you succeed at the final few.

Heavy Rain does actually have consequences. What sells it is the atrocious voice acting.

Indigo Prophesy is a flawless game.

And it really is the best pistol out there? What about all the other pistols? I can't recall any names right now, but in games there are a shitload of pistols that look better than the glock.

Like what about the FN Five-Seven or the P99 or pistols made by Heckler&Koch?

FFV
Vagrant Story
Undermeme

Evoland 2 was fun, except for a game-breaking bug I got 12 hours in that stopped me getting any further.

Breath of Fire III
Ghost Trick
TimeSplitters 2

Omikron: the nomad soul

Shitty wiki reference game with great music.

Series of cliffhangers and plotholes that later get retconned to lead you into more cliffhangers and plotholes the series.

I don't really see the point in reading it(I did, and it's long and mechanically confusing) since the very good anime adaptation exists.

Neat at first, but overstays its welcome.

Who doesn't know of it?

Overhyped rigid rougelike-like with annoying mechanics. If the ladder saveheaven wasn't fixed then it's also extremely boring.

Skyrim with guns, lots of content and complete garbage pacing.

Too basic, too old.

what are you doing nigga

Resident Evil 4
Dark Cloud 2
Titan Quest

Grim Dawn.

Ys: The Oath in Felghana or Origin. Maybe Anodyne.

Anachronox.

Mega Man Zero (any)
Umihara Kawase
Abyss Odyssey

Emphasis on MMZ.

Source on the image?

Jets'n'guns, King of dragon pass, Lone survivor.

Iji, Herocore, Medievil.

Cart life?

Max payne 3(multiplayer especially), S4 league, 10000 bullets, Blood.

Ever 17(or infinity series in general), G-senjou no maou, Higanbana, Corpse party.
And what I recommended for the previous user.

SWAT 4, Onimusha, Gladiator begins.

Zzzz-zzzz-zzzz.

Soul sacrifice: delta.

Ori, EDF, Crimsonland, Alien/Zombie shooter, Deadhunt.

Sven coop\obsidian conflict\doom coop campaign with limited lives, Global operations, Syphon filter.

War of the roses, The incredible adventures of van helsing.

First game for user above, corsairs.

MHO, MHF, PSO.

Carnage heart, Survival crisis z, The suffering, Clock tower snes(maybe ps1).

Erogeimus, honestly, that genre is filled with games like that.

Bushido blade?
A.I.M., Natural selection 2.

Battleships forever, Gratuitous space battles.

Breakquest, FF1, Last of patriots(?).

Doom stronghold/reelism/invasion wads.

I'm doing whatever I want.

Saucenao.

Gothic
Master of Orion 2
Anno 1404

Path of Exile

bump

b

Splinter cell: chaos theory, Beyond good and evil, grim fandango.