Starmade Memories: 8th Imperium in memoriam

Does anyone here remember when a bunch of us played starmade a year or two back, not too long after the wave of people from gamergate got here? When someone tried to build a death star and we got sniped by the faggot who was paying the server admins for powerups, when we built the bus ship to warp people from spawn to our base a galaxy over? When we eventually moved to a new server while someone got access to an admin account from the old one and rekt shit?

The mumble had an aussie and a german in it, I remember, and I was an english faggot. There was a Reich ship that kept triggering the admins, a laser miner that could crash the server if the owner pointed it at a planet, and shitloads of shitty little shuttles people built.
I think our clan name was the Eighth Imperium.

Does anyone remember? Is anyone who was there still here?

I want to see how much the demographics on this board have changed since then. 1-2 years isn't that long, but it's long enough for everyone who used to be here to leave and be replaced.

Is there anyone left from back then? Or has everyone fucked off to greener pastures?

Also Starmade General. The game's changed a load since then, with lots of added systems. It's still more expansive and stable than space engineers, with both more to do in theory and more you can actually do. Plus you can have ships with moving parts that won't blow themselves to shreds in multiplayer.

Oh, plus the game is (still) free to download.

Other urls found in this thread:

aetherionstarmade.com/
starmade-servers.com/server/1190/
starmade-servers.com/server/1233/
youtube.com/watch?v=BY167fmqJKI
starmadedock.net/content/cowboy-bebop-swordfish-mkii.3130/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I remember quite finally, it was glorious the butthurt the 8th Imperium caused in it's righteous Crusade to purge Starmade of faggotry

I was here just one year ago but I dont remember the threads. We can make another server, or whatever this gmae works on

I haven't played since it was a free demo only on Steam, and I've played a bit before. Have they fixed the building so its not so clunky? I always found it very difficult to get into the game because of this.

I don't have the huge levels of autism to build megaships but I like making fighters and utility craft, anything that applies to that? Are shields in?

Still remember, always planned to get back to fucking arround in that game, did they ever patched in the option to realign all the turret ? I hated having to manually set them back to default position.

Yes, there are shields and if you can optimise power generator geometry well small ships can be useful. Plus you always need mining ships.

As to building, did you just build as a person, or did you go into the ship core and press space to build using the ship build mode? That's much better than the minecraft-style building.

We played on other people's servers for the lulz value of other people. It's just a matter of whoever ends up starting the threads choosing a good server to start with.

some of us are still here, we spawned in that massive battle barge using the stolen admin powers and banned that russian autist who kept trying to raid us daily with his 90mil shield ball of "what is ship design"

HOLY SHIT YES
Fuck the 2 hour ride from the starting base to ours. I remember I picked up some guy on the way, took longer because I went in the wrong direction.

Yeah, I was there. I was Fliegerflegel, the guy trying (badly) to make Nazi saucers. There was another space autismblocks game where swastikacraft were hilariously viable due to the way thrusters worked, and though that didn't apply here, the volume centric power system made me think to try making a quadruple swastika arm power array to get a good amount of power without going totally minmaxy on the layout. Just a shitty testbed for a generator layout. I lost the ship in a major lag spike, in which it flew off into the middle of fucking nowhere with me not in the cockpit and the dampeners not kicking in. I bemoaned the loss in ingame chat, because I was never going to be able to find it again. This wasn't especially wise in retrospect, because the admins seemed to be listening in by default or else were spying on the huge sudden influx of people and got triggered. I feel guilty in this, because I wonder if it wasn't the start of our downfall.

After that, I decided to make a basic light capital ship, just a forward and backward-tapered cylinder with a big main gun & some turrets on it, with the first version being a skeletal work in progress and a planet cracker. Looking at my vague notes from when I was jotting down basic specifications as I went, it had a main weapon array of 221 salvage rays and 195 slaved cannons in a checkerboard pattern, with the former being exposed in a checkerboard pattern in the front and the latter hidden one hull block back, both being 60 blocks long. The whole ship was 57 blocks wide & tall at the center, 29 blocks at the tapered ends, and was 225 blocks long, with the core dead center. The power system consisted of from my vague recollection a bunch of three-line generators, spanning from about one quarter of the center ship (one eighth overall) to the next, out to the side and top/bottom hull. The empty space between each new generator set was filled out by shield regenerators, capacitors and batteries. I never got around to fully finishing the interior space allocation let alone got to closing the hull up, but it was quite functional as a planet cracker and a little more sightly in shape compared to some of the function-only lawnmowers that'd been built as interim solutions. Only, the admins were running the server on a toaster box, and were soon wondering who the hell was mining planets, which was apparently murdering the server. I was told not to planetcrack except in off hours, which I did. The lag persisted and I was told not to do it at all.

You know the rest of the story. Some Slav hyperautist tried to nip us in the bud on the second server my story's from just like he'd done on the first server. The superturret kept popping off its mounting and I yelled in text about it because I was an asshole and panicking that we wouldn't be able to punch back properly. The server crashed while I drove my shitty first diamond saucer fighter out to spit at his windshield and ram him out of spite. The admins called a ceasefire so he could be teleported back into his ship, but we didn't get anything of the sort. He calls us 'cyka bitch noobs :))))' and we call him a seal clubbing shitter, so on. Things ended on the most anticlimactic note possible as the admins decided to pull the 'child server pls, no cursing :^)' card on us when both shittalking sides were swearing like sailors and he wouldn't do shit about the other party, handing out a couple bans before we trickled off. Then, either that server or the first one we went to had its admin account cracked by some anons punching in the name on a lark, which somehow wasn't registered for password protection, and the earth was salted with spawned-in Space Battleship Yamato spam. Whichever it was, the server we got effectively kicked off of died miserably after we were gone, at least last I checked. Elwynn Eternity, I think that was the name. Our strain on the server had made things unbearable for the regulars and they left, I imagine, with all the talk of 'upgrading the servers with some new donations' being shekelmeisting nonsense when the admins still saw us as walking dollar signs instead of a plague, a horde from who knows where, and they had no actual plan to deal with the load we'd put on or the aftermath of it. As a result, they had no population left once we fucked off, because no one else was autistic enough to work with and through the lag and didn't want to come back to half-finished work they'd left off on after resettling on other servers.

By some impossible chance, I actually did find the Swastika Ship while out planet cracking. Pure chance. I marked the coordinates down and went out with my shitty fightercraft as soon as I'd redocked and rammed it into stopping before slowboating it back home. Since the admins would have our asses if they found it docked, I deconstructed it and made a hidden tomb-altar room for it on the most shadowed spot of the shitty interim spacedock underside. Sure, as I recall the back wall was occupied by an identical power grid swastika, the roof was a giant Nazi flag, the memorial plaque said 'HEIL SWASTIKASHIP' and it may or may not have had spooky purple-black lighting, but as long as it's not a swastika SHIP it's fine, right?

The free demo is funkily enough the full game, and will continue being the full game until 1.0. Don't ask me what the strategy is here. Shields are definitely in, and there are mining lasers.

Which server did we ban him on, anyways? The first server in which the admins invited us back after the second server shitshow or the second one where they chased us out in collusion with Slavautist? Or was it a different shitter that was raiding us on Elwynn, I remember it being a generic looking long & flat frigate, not a battle ball.

I used ship build mode, but the rotation always made me angry. I'll give it another shot though, just read through tons of updates dev is amazing with how much the game has come along.

Anyone going to take the plunge and browse some servers? My biggest issue with this game was the way the shield generators worked, you may as well build your ship out of them, then slap some armor on.

I remember the starmade threads where anons started to fully realize just how far the main base was from spawn. Good times.

Will the 8th Imperium rise again?

aetherionstarmade.com/ seems like a good server. It has no build limit.

is the game free? is the game FOSS? does it run on linux?

Get out Stallman.

I haven't played this game before, but I do know there were a number of different generator layouts. What was optimal?

Has that been fixed?

first server had the faggot that teleported to us after we hyperjumped to another galaxy, one user apparently footed the bill of the jump, and shortly after the fag came and blew our station disk up and crashed the server in the same process while writing in all chat "do you even lift"
the 2nd server was the one someone got admin rights by just entering the admins name, and then started fucking everything up

I just wanted to fly my watering can

Hah, I remember you! I always flew past your mining ship going towards the base.

It could rise again, but I don't have the time to lead the faction- I was the guy who started the threads last time. I'd love to see it happen, though.

Looks pretty nice…

So much has changed since we played that I think it might be worth starting again. You know what…? I think I might make a thread and get people on to that server. I'll just have to make sure enough people can add people to the clan we make.

I remember this game.

Nigger I'm just scrolling by but that shit don't make no sense.

Oh. Fuck that then.
I'll have a look for a server without payment jewery or bullshit rules.

you don't get the same boost in power generation as you would get using the staggered design
it's "optimal" in the way that you don't fill in the whole sides of the generator, it's meant to be put together as shown in the 4th image with power capacitors in between each layer of the cube

This server looks like it could be alright:

starmade-servers.com/server/1190/

I'm going to play for a bit, then make a thread and see how many people are interested later today. They don't have retarded donation benefits and there are no overt anti-nazi rules. The max player count might be a bit low, maybe, but I don't think it'll be too much of a problem.

bump

Is this shit free or what? It costs like 15 bucks on the steam and I don't want to pay money. Is there a free version?

I think from their website

Yep. I never got a chance to play the game, though.

the demo on steam is literally the full game, no missing features. You can also go to their site to download it from there for free, if you don't want to go through steam.

Did that user checking out that server come back? Maybe he is having to much fun.

Didn't play but followed the threads closely because of keks. Didn't one of the mods apologize to you and begged you guys to come back?

So I'm on this server
What do we want to name the faction, so we can quickly identify it and start working together?
Anything a bit more imaginative than Eighth Imperium?

I haven't noticed him or a faction, though he didn't give a name.

Neat, maybe I'll hop on later with you.

Back, guys, sorry.

The server's fine, it's not too full or empty and it seems like nobody will give a shit if we have some swasticas off in a corner. I built a mining ship and got blown up by pirates, then I had to rebuild from scratch. Fun times!

I'm Antepod ingame, who are you?

The faction should be some kind of 8ch reference, maybe Bobbarossa Federation? Infinity Band? Holla Forumsenture corporation?

If I can give admin controls to someone so they can help people join (I'm europoor so timezones won't be convenient with any americans) then I will.

Barbarossa Imperium it is.
Anyone have a teamspeak server available to use for this?

Führers Finest Fit Fuck Faggots

We can use the Holla Forums mumble.
8ch.servers.moe
port: 64738

I'll be in the technology room.

fuck, those were good times. Anyone still have a blueprint for the double decker bus? That bus was my shipfu

I'll spare you the rest, just alot of gathering materials, refining and building the early factory / base setup

Do I have to register to join? I'm getting some error when I try.

is this bait?

what the fuck

what in the fuck

Yes, I remember.

I remember the fucking trip to our base taking 30 minutes. Holy shit that was boring.

We're currently on this server starmade-servers.com/server/1190/
Faction name is Barbarossa Imperium, our home station is about 8 systems away from spawn, so you'll want to make sure you buy some jump parts from spawn to put on your ship, and keep it smaller so the jump can charge faster, since it'll be 18-20 jumps.

First off, it says the name needs to be LONGER than 3 characters, and you enter the name you want ingame when you're at the server select menu, at the top.

yeah I realized I fugged it and managed to get into the game. I don't play online things so I have no idea what I'm doing. will play more later once everybody's around

tried to extract the character textures from E.Y.E Divine Cybermancy to make skins for starmade but it's fucking impossible for me to get source development kit to run and I can't get the 3rd party tools to extract textures to run either or the links to the programs are dead

Don't try to understand, just extract files.

I can't extract since I have no way of opening the .vtx and .vtf files

So right now we're playing, just me and one other guy. We don't have VOIP client to use but we will use one if supplied. We currently have a station set up with enough money and resources to make large ships though the ships we have created are still quite nothing but miners, we have the ability to start creating large military ships. It would be great if some other could come join us on the server and faction that stated.

this is the start of a wonderful machine you can just walk up to and push a button to recive blocks
it shuts itself down after it has finished its' crafting cycle
of course you can add factory expansion modules to make it craft more items at a time

Holy shit this game looks a lot better than when I last played it a couple years ago, when lighting was ass and everything tiled horribly

So we've moved to the "system hack" server from the last server. Come on, join us.

I'll join in a second

reason being?

The other server was filled with cunts, that got baited into to making fools of themselves. Then out of their rage sat ships out of our station and had it auto attack the station so the 3 of us that were on said fuck it and left after trying to counter them. We have a new station up on the server we switched to, I'd give the coords of it but I can't be fucked to check that 10 minutes before I have to leave. Sorry guys, in hindsight it probably wasn't the best idea around but I wanted to spite them; we saved blueprints of all the ships at the station.

why can't you spergs just shut the fuck up and keep to yourselves?

Hm…..I'm tempted to purchase this game and join in on your autism

the game is free

it was fun looking at how this canadian cuck made a fool out of himself

Well to be fair we were attacked first.

The demo is the 100% full game.

This happened last time too. Just make a point not to talk to the normalfags, even if they fuck with you first.

Yeah I personally wasn't but the one with us was and honestly it was pretty funny.

That's about the last I remember. Then was stuck on a laptop I couldn't play for a while.

So on this second server starmade-servers.com/server/1233/ we've got the same faction up, Barbarossa Imperium, and we do have a station located at System -3,0,8, and the sector for the station is -35,11,132. It's a nice system with a few asteroid belts, a bunch of planets, and we've got 3 shops within one jump of our station. One thing we're for sure going to need to do this time around is make the main traffic area of the station safer via walls and such, as well as some defense turrets. Easiest way to make it to our station from spawn is by buying 2 jump computers and 20 jump modules, then using a ship just large enough to charge the jump modules to make your way to the station, keep both charged and only use one at a time, so you can use the second jump in case one of your jumps takes you in range of pirates.

As a second note, I will eventually be building a 2x replica of the Konigs Tiger from LotGH, which will be a bit over 1600 blocks long. I've got a blueprint for the unfinished version from the last server, though it may be a while before I can get it made and park it, since it had like 40k thruster blocks and 30k+ dark grey standard armor blocks placed.

Starmade oldfag here, I remember when schema added symmetry to the builder because of requests on the 4/vg/ general. Do you queers want a server? Because I've got a 16 core/128gb box coming in less than a week, and I'm only gonna need something like 2 cores and 8gb for a while.

tfw the top-tier decacores of 2011 are only like $80 on ebay now

To expand on what happened, a Canadian narcissist(self admitted) got pissy when someone said that the number of ice based ships on the server was unoriginal(since someone in an ice ship attacked us for a few minutes), and then got baited into looking like a fool for arguing over this topic for an hour or two. He ended up parking a few ships at like 20km away from our station with a radar jammer on, and just bombarding the station with scatter missiles, killing anyone not in a docked ship or builder block when the missiles hit. We tried to build a large enough turret to fight back, but the combination of his ship being a huge ship that he had stolen the blueprint for(he didn't build it, just got the resources), sitting out 20km blocks from us, and his radar jammer that prevented Turret AI from working, or proper weapon targeting or locking, so we couldn't tell if our attempts were even scratching any of his shields. He ended up sitting there constantly firing for a few hours, and at that point we decided to leave since we couldn't leave the station without getting our ships killed.

We're going to be building our new station in a way to make a siege like that less effective, as well as a proper station defense system.

If you made a server for us on starmade, then we wouldn't have any people to fight against other than each other, and we don't have that many people playing yet. What might be nice is if you made a teamspeak server for us to use, but only give the info to people that join the faction ingame so it doesn't get faggots that don't play the game in there.

what if I advertised it on cuckchan/vg/ and got a full vs. half war?

Coming, Look out for JohnnyP

So is this game actually fun?
Are battles and mining no longer a laggy ass mess?

But having a variety of factions to interact with is part of the fun, if we got cuckchan in on it, it'd essentially be constant war, and whoever got a big ship finished first would probably just go sit outside the other's base and have it auto-fire, like what caused us to leave a server in the first place.

There have been a fair few optimization updates. Haven't had any proper battles, but mining isn't very laggy, especially if you use a properly optimized salvage beam/damage pulse design.

Why didn't you idiots build jammers of your own?
Or make a copy of his ship?

Well, I'm sold!

who gives a shit about why?
someone talked shit like they're a big guy when the faction is less powerfull than an ant compared to the locals, and then act all fucking suprprised and butthurt when this local shows you that you no more than an ant

don't fucking talk smack unless you have something to back it up with

The base is ugly. Pls fix.
Also why no asteroid base?

rendering another version of this webm using a newer modified script with a user defined target file size instead of my old 8mb limit scripts with 5-10% margin
it has been rendering for 5 fucking hours at this point and is almost done

cought the script being stuck in an infinite loop for some fucking reason, decoding and rendering over and over again

I seem to have fixed it when I tried to encode a smaller and shorter file

slightly better quality but rendering time is a fucking nightmare

Oh shidd an 8ch starmade fac.

FCM normally recruits from normalfagchan but we're always looking for new talent. We've got some decent ship designs for use.
youtube.com/watch?v=BY167fmqJKI

Hit me up on steam if you want to know more. LordImperialComr4de

I wasn't able to log on yesterday. Are we dead yet?

I like those ships.
Noice

Do you think I could faithfully re-create this?

Yes

yes currently
no, it's intended to be sold proprietary after the game is completed
yes, but bad repos will have bugs

well, I exited a jump too close to a star and had both of my jumpdrives blow up before I could jump away resulting in my untimely demise

nigga you didn't even post the best pic from our actual multiplayer ops

Why are you here?

it is well known that comr4de is a normalfag at heart

Then why is he here?

because hes probably one of the top starmade players still active. i remember him from NASS from 2013, and i've watched some of his videos on youtube. dude knows how to handle himself in a fight, something that certainly can't be said for us

dead game

Downloaded.

So what server?

> starmade-servers.com/server/1233/
How the hell do I get to your sever?

I?m nto seeing SystemHack server no the list

Nevermind…

need an invite to the faction

same here.

THE_TrashMan

Alright you faggots i'm online today, give me some names and Ill get you in

page 13 bump

where the fuck did the planet I was building on go?

FYi, I started building a big-ass turret template for the next-gen battleship. (it's floating above out Natzi space station)

Feel free to pitch in, cause I have no idea what I'm doing

Well, we now have a miner capable of blowing up a planet, so it probably got mined. If you plan on building on a planet, you should go out of your way to mark that planet so a miner doesn't come and blow it up.

Yeah, I flew to a nearby planet marked on the map and there was nothing there.
At this rate there will be no planets left in the universe. Do planets respawn? How are you supposed to get resources? Shouldn't mining a ENTIRE FUCKING PLANET basically give you infinite resources?

Also, we need more advanced armor pieces. Preferably grey ones.

Mine ASTEROIDS
change your navigation filter to show them
planets don't respawn as far as I could tell from looking at the server options, asteroids do

Battle report boys, all hands on deck

We need manpower on deck, we may have another autist on our hands, but the infinity loop didn't even have ion enabled at the time and still smacked through the entirety of his shielding.
Hitler 1 Stalin 0

As an additional note, remember to always dock your ships while either constructing the ships, or while you're not using them, since docking them to the home station gives them the home station invincibility. During that last attack we had a couple of undocked ships, and one took some damage.
We've also added another missile turret, and will likely add a few more soon.

RWDS

downloading rn, can i get a fast guide on how to join and shit?

do the tutorials

tutorials, search server list for systemhack
make a ship core with a a nice long rod of like 20 reactors. 6 or so thrusters and 2 jump computers which you will buy from the spawn store as well as 5 jump modules per computer.

Alternatively when you hop in I could come to you with my chaindrive quickly and ferry you home.

sure, i'll join the server come pick me up, name's Unteralterbach

don't pick people up
let them find their own way to us, as a rite of passage in a very lame way

sorry fam, i cant even play 400 - 500 ping, it's fucking cancer

some fucking autist must have killed the server, it has auto restart this could be a moment to half an hour, watch the thread feral and unter.

your ping was the result of another problem and both me and evorsio had been feeling it too.

seems the server is up again

there was problems some days ago, a couple of people had spikes in their latency of upwards of 25000ms
last time I played this with Holla Forums there were people saying that mining planets caused massive server wide lag
crashing or just rubbing up against shit with a large ship also cause heavy load on the server
and if I were to guess, leaving hundreds of factories constantly running also cause some strain

That fucker had a nice looking ship.
But a fucking huge-ass gun trumps all.

Which reminds me, I had to leave before I could dock my WIP turret. Dock it for me if you can.

Until the ship hull is complete, we can use the turret as extra firepower for station defense

I've already docked it, as well as connected the barrels to the turret properly, you can adjust it later to fit your liking.

Not sure what caused that massive lagspike, but I've mined an entire planet and didn't have connection issues.

Can someone give me an explanation about how factions and the universe at large in this game work?

Is it just a big open universe that groups of people band together to survive in? How big is it? Do I need to stick with a group, or can I build my lone ship and go out exploring and scouting for people?

Can I make my sick-ass space fighter and zip around, or do I need a battleship to stand a chance of survival? Is there any peace in this universe, or only unending grimdark war?

all of your questions can be answered by google
not all servers are the same
solar systems are made up of sectors, there are 16x16x16 sectors to a solar system
there are a fuckloads of solar systems per galaxy, and more than 1 galaxy per universe
depending on the server each sector can be anything from 2km (default value) to whatever the max size is, I have my singleplayer set to 20km per sector

you can build pretty much anything, the more shit you want the bigger the ship gets
if you want it to have more weapons or do more damage you have to make it bigger, add more power generation, more power storage

You do also have the option of making a small ship with radar jammer and cloak so you can pretty safely get right up next to hostile AI/players, as long as they don't activate a scan while they're near you.

So I decided to take the transport/scout ship we've got that has radar jammer, cloak, and a chain jump drive(that allows constant jumping) to take a look at the home station of the coward that attacked us. I think it's very likely it was a kike. I also think it's very likely that the combat ship he attacked us with isn't his own design, and was just a blueprint taken from someone else, since it's such a different design and color scheme from the rest of the station and ships.

and do what exactly?
tickle them?

It's not great for combat, but for exploration, scouting, and just roaming around safely, it's useful.

my claim to fame is that i was one of the two collaborators that fucked with the admin account
i still can't believe they hadn't uplinked their shit
shame i didn't really get to do much with the ships we stole, game ran like shit for me
still, we did manage to fuck a server so hard that it had to be shut down, so it's an achievement

also i should note, as far as i remember frostman was the slav that everyone was mad about
so we also did a community service by banning him
and we banned other admins :^)

server restarting, this will take up to half an hour for any recruits, a handful of us currently on.

Oi lads I'm wating to be recruited into the faction, oh yeah and there's some people talking shit about an "annoying trump voter" and how our base has swastikas

It was probably Batavium, the jew that owns this base and refuses to admit or deny that he's jewish.

ayy glad to see some people are back, I'll try and fit this game back into my rotation between ffxiv and tos, hopefully I can build a few titans

This game and intel chips…fuck it.
My laptop may have issues with it.
If I can't get it to work, I'll only be able to join over the weekends.

Maybe we should pay that faggot a visit once our own battleship is done?

Should we pay a visit to him?

After preparing a proper gift, of course

Since the new shit added to the display panel it's possible to create commands and shit that controls different things
since I'm working on a modular factory I'll be incorporating this new display panel functionality into the factory
this way you don't have to go to the module that manufactures your desired block and can instead request it from a central panel by typing what you want into it and pressing a button

How the fuck do you do functional fighters now? When I last played, small shit seemed pretty acceptable, but i'm having trouble even getting small frigates to work alright.
Pic related, thoughts or improvements?
Front is full efficient spiral+storage, shield unit is almost entirely capacity side, 4x guns (I cut a bit so you can see one) where the guns are about 28 units each, etc
Is hull still necessary or have effects been nerfed to oblivion?

I was around when that happened.
Just never played because fuck that buggy piece of shit Java game that runs like shit. Java is a slow piece of shit and shouldn't be used for anything other than writing ultra-portable applications where performance isn't an issue.

VTFedit, ya dummy

Anyone knows who owns that big as fuck Frighter? Cause im deconstructing it fast as fuck since he didnt care to protect his building computer

I tried that and it didn't work

I just stole a gigantic Vessel from some dude. Where are you guys i cannot find you but i want to give you this ship since i cannot edit building or claim it since i have no faction.

were at
come see us

thanks, i accidently left the ship core and now i have to shot the faction block for many minutes. isn't there any faster way?

I'm at 12, -7, 4. The Ship is also here but i cannot be assed to attack the module for 10 years. i opened a way directly to the module if you want. please help me i dont want to loose this beauty

I think I remember this. Didn't we have a big space port where we had about 30 wildly varying ships were all docked as we built them all piecemeal?

also, how the fuck do new turrets work? I wanted to make a shieldbot2.0 but the entire turret system seems to be MIA.

Wolfbane (me) and Kekbert are at the station, waht to do now

Well shit.
I tried everything, but the game is crashing at my laptop :(

See you on the weekends then.

you need a bobby AI module, faction modules, turret rotation dock (can't remember the exact name), 1 ship core per axis you want to be able to rotate

send a mail to the faction and ask for an invite
if nobody's online I guess I'll take a small break from fiddling with the factory terminal to invite you

we just got rekt by batavium for whatever reason, we have to build a new ship before that

The faggot came back?

what did he do?

He killed Wolfbane and i think kekbert because they weren't part of the faction.
Some dude named sniperz was flying around it commenting on the ebil swastikas.

Also Wolfbane has no degree of subtlety.

Looks like we got a warning from one of the admins :^)

call him a bigoted kike

Are your swastikas actual nazi ones or the aryan windwill of good fortunes?

Also call him a bigoted kike because you're all from nepal.

We're full Reich. Also how did that jidf fuck. Kill wolf and kekbert. The only ship he had in his yard had its shields popped by a mere singular Holla Forums turret and now we have like 5 of them. He only has 4 pitiful point defense guns as well.

Also since we are now in wartime it's Nazi superweapon time. My first proposition is a massive piloted warhead torpedo with a stealth module that we fly to his sector and cloak up next to his docking port and wait for his return before jiihad.

Flip a picture of the happy windmill and call him a bigot.

Never forget the journey of S.S. Bootstraps

Factory request panel is working
just have to squeeze it into a neat module

Oh. That was my ship.

Name is Wolffkran, throw me an invite when you can

Also since the admins are clearly faggots of the highest pedigree, has anons fucked with them?

sniperz propelled our ship into the outwards zone at 200 mph without pause and we couldnt do anything against it. thats how

Well I'm online and can add people to the faction, but Kekbert and Wolfbane refuse to respond to any messages, and they've made their own faction.

Remember that when you take things out of the station storage, either only take what you need to use, or put ALL of the stuff back in when you're done or when you go offline. When you don't, you end up doing shit like what currently is the issue, where someone took out like 12k logic blocks and who knows what else out of the station storage, and then went offline, so no one can access those blocks. Also remember that you can set any storage as personal cargo, so you can use that storage as a virtual inventory within one sector of the storage block, so you don't need to take things out of storage.

fucking about and experimenting with reactors gave me this (redundant and probably unnecessary) information:
Given a finite cubic space, checkerboards are more efficient as a reactor pattern up to a certain size. Certainly under 8x8x8, though, checkerboard's better.
Given no bounds, there is no difference between a + (xy), a - (single axis), or a / (all three directions, imagine this slanted away from you) reactor as long as block count is identical
If you make a reactor 300 blocks long, it's only marginally lossy and has almost double power returns compared to two reactors 150 blocks long.

well goys?

tell him he can go kill himself the kike fuck face

As the leader of the faction, I absolutely refuse to comply with this cuck, and have already sent a message to the owner of the server about this cuck(possible kike) trying to impose non-existant server rules onto us. Also about how this faggot deleted the 20k block mining turret that was our main miner while I was not online.

Tell him you're from india and that in india a swastika is a symbol of hope and piece.
Tell him he's culturally insensitive, ignorant of other cultures and racist against indians.

Why the fuck have the devs made such retarded reactors?

Someone save the blueprints of all our ships (and my turret) to his HD, in case we get booted and have to start anew.

Why can't the retard just declare you global menace or smth to make some kind of event instead of "hurr durr, nazis bad, curbstomping is fine tho"…

Well, since so far the only 100% thing we've gotten is "Swastikas are evil, I've replaced our swastikas with the "Not Swastika".

The reason is because the owner is a cuck with no backbone. He can't even muster up the courage to give a proper answer. His list of excuses is quite long. "Common sense is objective and includes swastikas are evil", "Starmade is for children so no evil things(even though WW2 shit is taught quite early in schools)", "Other starmade servers have rules against swastikas or bad opinions", "I don't mind but Starmade is for children", "I got a bunch of angry emails from parents about your swastikas", and other similar bullshit. He absolutely refused to take responsibility for his decision to use a rule not listed on the server rules, but claiming the one vague rule covers it because he chooses to censor what he wants. And he knows he has no backbone either, because he kept trying to abandon the conversation at every turn.

I still have this laying around if anyone wants the blueprint. It's just an empty shell with no real plans for the back end of the ship.

what a surprise, he's full of shit

I'll play on saturday with you guise, I don't have time to in the week unfortunately.

I'm going to make a big hall in the station with swastikas everyhwere and a Hitler statue.
With locked doors of course.

Can i get an invite to the faction? name is cell

Is our base still alive?

Did the cuck admin do anything?

Have an even better idea:

- build a cross-shaped (+) base
- put docking ports at the end and sides
- dock 4 large, blocky ships at specific ports
- you now have a svastika
- if anyone complains, just re-dock a ship differently when an admin or anyone else comes.

The base is fine, no messages from the admin yet, and the Discord to contact them out of game linked on their website now no longer exists, so in game is the only way to contact them.

That'd require a rework of the entire station, and the station is fine as it is.

It's already is cross-shades…sorta. We just need to make the docking lines thicker

I would like that ark mechanicus ship

this server is fucking shit

server died AGAIN

This isn't a swastika, I swear

So, what are the coordinates?
-219, -30, 134?

Pls no bully/griff

we have an autism of this magnitude in our server

I'm sold if you aren't lying.
Is the October update with our helmet out yet?

F6 takes screenshots without the UI

wew
some goay killed me

Those pirates man
:^)

yeah man those pirates got me too damn,,,

RIP Planetside threads

My name is Adonium, could you add me to the faction?

They're supposed to come back for a short time this month as celebration for our helmet being in the game.

Soon

boop

A little inspiration for any builder struggling to make things look evil

If you do not dock your ships, do not expect them to be protected or safe when you get back, especially if you didn't even put a faction module onto said ship.

found this little thing on the Starmadedock
starmadedock.net/content/cowboy-bebop-swordfish-mkii.3130/

ah, that was mine
well fuck i just have to build a better ship with
A E S T H E T I C

Start producing armor/advanced armor.
We're gonna need it if we're the hated faction.

You cheeky breeki made me laugh for a minute straigt.

I was considering using the Soyokaze, a few ships from LOTGH, the Bebop, and the MKII as my fighter, but I'm untalented as shit
if I get a block of hours and hours and hours I might go in for round two and just build bigger, that seems to have been part of it

somebody add a instrumental version of "all star - smash mouth" to that .webm :^)

Since the greek/jew admin got permission from the UK/cuck owner, the Not-Swastika was too close to a Swastika for him, so now we've got a presidential T. Also, you can probably still do stealth swastikas, as long as people don't notice, and/or you remove it when the admin cries about it specifically.

So the story of how we got the borg cube starts with a child named Qunite coming to our station in a ship owned by his faction leader, NightFury. The ship was about a quarter the size of the ICE Deportation class ship, so it wasn't a physical threat to us, but we didn't exactly like him just poking around, especially when he said that he was there to gather intel to sell to others. After us giving him many warnings, and him going back and forth between trying to intimidate us, and trying to claim he wasn't being hostile despite him clearly gathering info to sell to others about us, we ended up giving one final warning, which he ignored. So we then fired at him, blowing up him and the entire ship with one or two turret shots.
Qunite then starts shit talking in chat, as well as attempts to extort us by saying "If you give us 500k shield modules, we won't attack you". We told him to fuck off, and in about 10 minutes of more shit talking from him, he finally appears in the "Doom Cuber". He starts firing at us with his fairly weak weaponry, but because it was our home station, and everything important was docked, he didn't kill anyone, or damage any ships. At some point one of us turned on Jump inhibitors, which clearly scared him as he tried to bluff in chat that it would do nothing, while at the same time he started backing away from the station. The server had also popped the "Restart in 10 minutes" message, so he started retreating so he could get to his station before the restart. At some point we blasted at least one turret off of his cube during this fight, with him eventually getting far enough away that he could jump.
About half a day later, we've got a few people on, while Qunite is offline, and we take a cloaker scout ship out to scout all their stations, to see what their ships are like, if their stations are protected or not, and just for general recon on them. We then find out that Qunite's "Doom Cuber" is undocked. So we then find a place with cutting torches,load up 4-5 people onto the cloak transport each with a cutting torch, since the cutting torch can bypass shields, and we go to the "Cuber" with the cloak ship, as well as my semi-finished Konigs Tiger.
Since the "Cuber was in a protected sector(one of their faction paid 35 euros for 3 protected sectors), but undocked, we had to push it out with the Konigs Tiger, and then the cutting torch crew went to work making it to the faction module. Once that was gone, we got in, placed our own faction module, and flew it back home to dock, as well as giving it the new name and decorations you see in the webm. When Qunite eventually got on and realized what had happened, he then left. Sadly not much of a reaction, but it seems to have solidified hatred of him by the leader of his faction.

I remember I got donator on some server and teleported an entire pirate base right next to our space settlement. I remember flying the Sanic ship into a Sun. I also remember the Russian kid who have us his hacked turret blueprints from the giant purple spaceship he had.

Why not go for the Imperial Aquila for your not-fascist symbolism?
Or the Star of Chaos.

If someone wants to put the effort in to get some nice looking symbols in roughly this size, feel free.

Why not just use the not-swastika of the helghast?

I got a nice symbol right here

what kind of timeline would we be living in if the jews replaced the muslims in numbers?

The one your in now after the Jewish dead camps.

Difficult because it's angles are not multiples of 45 degrees. It would look ugly and blocky on all less than gargantuan vessels. The aquila or, Emprah prevent, star of chaos would be easier to do and look better.

en route to HQ, send the faction invite
GeorgeMelons

I'm gonna be on for a good long while tonight starting now fags, hopeful recruits better log in.

if you keep crashing while in build mode and moving around, try not to use the speed modifier button to move around faster

am dling and will be joining shortly

Well, I started work on , but I think I'll have to scale it down.

I'm not sure what size I should work with

serb's still SystemHack, right?

yeah

I'l start heading over after restart and when I remember how to build a non crap ship

just streamlined the template for the painted hull blocks
the modules in the red square produces all the painted hull blocks of one colour
just have to paste that shit for each of the remaining 10 colours and then go through and set up the factories and the storage timer/counter and I'll be pretty much done with all the shit you can craft in the basic factory

just slap some power reactor rods on, at least 2 jump drive computers and a couple of jump drive modules for each computer
you can worry about making it good when you get to the faction base

I wanted to get into Starmade, I really did. But wandering pirates who show up and start attacking you if you stick around a space station (a place where security should be to prevent that) was already a problem. The only real way to prevent enemies from fucking you with a ten foot dildo is to fly in random directions until you finally find a suitable planet, land on it, and start mining the fuck out of it. Build up your resource base that way, either via a mining laser on your ship or do it by hand. Either way, it can be a real time consuming process to refine enough material to make a decent sized ship for more mining potential.

The mining lasers aren't very cool though, because they're single block focused beams. For this reason alone, I think Space Engineers is just a better game all around, although the last time I tried to play with planetoids it was a new feature and it was slow as fuck. Does anyone know if they fixed that shit up to not run so poorly?

Also for a game with simple cubic graphics, Starmade sure doesn't run much smoother than Space Engineers does.

SE got serious optomizations recently, I can run the game at 1920x1080 on max settings now at 60+fps rather than 1000 something shit on low.

have you tried building a checkerboard array and right-clicking?

No.

Alright I'm headed, over there.
I'm liquidcool by the way.

the mining lasers in StarMade are more effective when you right-click in that they don't focus on 1 single block and instead fire straight forward

Is it worth it to repair a direlect station?

You end up pretty much paying full price for every single block that makes up the station to repair it, so repairing a derelict station to scrap the parts doesn't work. It's only really worth it if you want a pre-made semi-functional station somewhere, though you'll ususally need to add more stuff to get factory stuff set up, as well as proper shields, turrets, and power for it all. So for us, it's not really worth it unless you really want a pre-designed station somewhere.

if you're looking for something to do feel free to help me make sure the top storage box at the back of the logic circuit is set up to pull 1000 Alloy Metal Mesh and that the bottom storage box is set to pull 1 Alloy Metal Mesh at a time

In case anyone wants to help out, here's a simple wireframe of the battleship

Space Engineers is by most metrics a better game, the domain Starmade has is online and smashing giant ships together really easily, it's structured in a very 'game-like' way rather than SE which at least has a facade of realism and this lets threads like this thrive where a bunch of casuals (Holla Forums) throw together a bunch of ships and simply fuck with people

GET OUT!

In unrelated news, we now have two triple turrets. I moved the massive one (the one someone turned my original turret into) so it's now connected to the side of the base. A new base for that turret is in order.

The one currently on the station is a WIP, still needs armoring and tweaking and it will be moved to the battleship once it's hull is done. I hope. Maybe.

kill me, Pete

Use the build helper in the Ctrl build menu, it has an option for ellipsoid, and you can set the size, and it will give a visualization for whatever dimensions you set. You can also set it to only let you build inside the build helper highlighted area, to make filling the highlighted area easier.

Also, get inspired by looking at something that already exists.
My salenn was inspired by (sort of) two bodies of a star destroyer put together, with the bridge of a salem destroyer from supreme commander.
It's shit, but it does its job

So how do I get an invite?

I'm new to the game itself and just connected to the FreaksRUs server which I assume is still the one everyone's using?

?
but it is, there are very few complex concepts implemented in the actual infrastructure of the game, the goal is to allow large and interesting looking ships and simulate basic space interaction (forming colonies, warfare, mining, production, and commerce) while SE is a bit more of a simulator. I have had trouble designing things in SE while I have never had trouble understanding the design principles in Starmade, would sum up how I feel
now you're just trying to be offended, nowhere is it my claim that it's a bad thing that Starmade isn't a turboautism simulator. I appreciate what it does, and its merits are clear in simply being able to field multiplayer communities in ways Space Engineers can't. People fail to comprehend that more complexity and higher quality do not necessarily lead to a better game, especially depending on how the features interact with each-other.

We're on the SystemHack server, so unless I'm missing something, no.

it must be the higher quality that makes this thing front heavy, to the point where it's basically balancing on the front 4 wheels
it must be the higher quality that makes it virtually unusable due to the badly implemented gravitational pull of their planetoids, which is also the reason why the wheels get next to no traction even with traction set to max and soft springs
it must be the higher quality that makes it bounce and float around like it's in a low gravity environment when it's in 1G
and lets not forget about the higher quality of their netcode which made it near impossible to be a passanger on a moving ship due to phasing into walls and instantly dying
and don't even think about building big ships, or putting things on rotors or pistons on a moving body if you don't want you shit to explode, unless you limit your speed to 10-15m/s

Base looks good, some sweet ships too

Nigger the center of mass is between the two front wheels and you are driving on ice. You brought this on yourself.

no, the centre of mass is between the middle set of wheels, closer to the back than the front
there's a big fucking block of heavy armor at the back that you can't see in that picture
the majority of the back storage container is behind the last set of wheels
what makes it tip forwards is the rotors
when I built it I replaced them with the short tube section and the whole thing shifted the weight backwards, but without being able to rotate the drillhead the whole thing is fucking useless

How do I join the /vg/ faction and where is the base located?

I don't want to ask in chat because I don't want to

Oh yeah, this is a good time to mention this. Don't ask in game chat about our base location/ Just post your ingame named in the thread and we will invite you to the faction and give you the coords to our base.

Damnit I was just about to log in and ask to join but Systemhack went down

Ok it's back

The name is SuperDarknut if anyone's still on