Valve really is listening

valve really is listening

Other urls found in this thread:

steigerdynamics.com/productcart/pc/configurePrd.asp?idproduct=375
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

That looks like it stands a decent chance of smashing the fucking thing in its case.

Does anyone actually use this thing still?

I never hear it talked about anywhere and mine was the last thing I ever bought from valve and has been gathering dust since.

It'd be a contender as up there with other game-console controllers for PC controllers if it wasn't intrinsically tied to Big Picture Mode.

How'd the fuck up the firmware so badly?

Its tagline feature as a 100% customizable controller is only useable through Steam, off the top of my head. Use it outside Steam and you get a 360 controller with a default no-customizations button setup which may or may not work depending on game.

Remember that they were initially touting this thing as a controller for a Steam Machine. Steam Machines crashed as hard as you can probably imagine a Linux prebuilt touted as a gaming rig would crash, but controllers were mildly successful since they fit a niche that other controllers can't.

What, working with Linux? I'm sorry, but if you feel for the freenix meme you put yourself in a niche.

No, working with stuff other controllers can't. Lets you play strategy games and other light KB/M stuff on your couch.

Explain, because I'm getting mixed signals here. Is it a good controller or is it not?

honestly it's pretty fucking nice for casually web browsing or doing desktop things. Not for typing quickly cause the keyboard for it still feels weird to me, but you'd be surprised how good it feels to be able t kick back in my chair and browse Holla Forums with it.

Like I said before, it's a contender against other current plug-and-play console controllers. If you've already got a 360, PS3, PS4 or Xbone controller for the job, or any other USB controller that tickles your fancy, then you don't need to bother with a Steam controller.

If you don't have any of those or you want to play strategy stuff on your TV, then it works dandy for that and is good to middling for any other task.

Its serviceable but both of its competitors are better.

Hey, it's better than using a xbox gaytroller for super mario sunshine

redpill me on steam controller

The same question that is always used will now be used:
How are Dpad games without a fucking dpad?

it was made by jews

oh wait everyone knows that

shit, like everything else from valve

I'll rather use my Gamecube controller for that.

I don't know why anyone would really want to do that from a couch unless it's turn-based or some builder. Feel like that'd put me to sleep.

I am using it. EDF work great with it. It feels good to have both track pad for aiming and joystick for moving.

But generally this:
I mostly use it for controlling PC instead of gaming.

No configurability/10

I have a Gamecube and I'm a smashfag so I have one anyway. What would I configure it for for a GC game? It just werks.

I have tried the GC controller for dolphin and it's a tiny bit worse than using the SC. That's my argument

I could see that being a good case, considering how rough some vehicles are with mouse.

Works fine for me. Did you use the integrated compactibility in the newest Dolphin version or that driver that was used before that? I didn't get the driver to work well at all but the newest Dolphin handles it quite well.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Nintendo faggots are such pathetic little pustules.

Whatever you say, mate.

the gamecube controller is the best controller ever made
this is widely accepted

dang dude

You think Valve is just trying to push them harder because it flopped and they'd rather do anything but make games?

For using a gamecube controller to play a gamecube game? I don't follow.

That looks like an ass.

For what? Using a controller that is still today the best controller made by Nintendo?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
The comedy doesn't end!

What kind of fucked up asses have you been looking at that look like this?

According to my "friend", it's the perfect controller to play elite dangerous with.

I'll admit it looks a bit flat.

U are fucking retarded.

Its sad some faggots here find this funny.

I play street fighter 3rd strike with a gamecube controller…

Germans already solved this problem.

steigerdynamics.com/productcart/pc/configurePrd.asp?idproduct=375

>>>/facebook/

Even if it isn't funny, he's not wrong.

Tell the Germans to go fuck themselves.

It's designed for a market that doesn't exist yet. Valve is trying to get consolefags onto PC but to make the barrier to entry even lower they made the GabeCube. If you are coming from consoles and want to play PC on the TV with a controller the Steam controller makes sense but if you are a PC user sitting at a desk it's a shitty compromise between kb&m and a console controller.

I hope the GabeCube does take off eventually as it will hurry the death of consoles leading to the death of shitty ports and graphical downgrades.

What

Disgusting. At least use dual stick, hell.

but that's pretty mcuh just a desk, user. And 99% of them are way too small for a keyboard AND a mouse.

hahahahaahahahahah

yeah no. You can't play an fps at your best while resting your hands on a piece of wood on top of two pillows, with a fucked up stance on top of that, You may a well use a controller.

It's better than paying $140 for a leather stonehenge arch.

I didn't say that, I'm just saying those things suck for using a kb/m. I've tried but for playing vidya on a couch or bed I've decided to just use a lap desk made for writing to hold the keyboard and a book for the mousepad

and also that the $140 thing would fit a keyboard on it

Of course you wouldn't fit both on something like that. I would use it so the keyboard has a stable surface, then put something flat and elevated to my right for the mouse. It's not the best setup, but it's decent for $20 or less.

360 controllers work perfectly well under linux. Presumably others work too, although I haven't tried.

DS3s work out of the box, you don't even need to look up custom drivers for them like with the 360 controller.

Now when are they going to make the steambox fanny pack?

I don't understand, didn't it come in a box in the first place?

It's great for games like civ on the couch

it's like you want it to get stolen

Console are dying already because they don't sell games anymore, not because of GabeCube.
PC games are completely dead, Steam killed them a decade ago already. That's why there are shitty console ports only.
These ports will go away too and you're left with greenlight shovelware trash, scams and mobile shit.
Enjoy your iPad ports, because that's what you will get on Steam in the future.

Elite Dangerous is not a space sim. It's a Xbone console port of an arcade WW2 planes in space pewpew and plays best with a gamepad.

germany said my worldviews are problematic