Holla Forums approved programming languages?

Thinking about learning a programming language. Whats the best language for a white guy to learn? I want to be able to get tech job after school.

Leaning towards python because I like the logo.

Other urls found in this thread:

lexaloffle.com/pico-8.php
isocpp.org/wiki/faq/big-picture
github.com/zk-phi/bfbuilder
archive.org/details/2014ProgrammingPrinciplesAndPracticeUsingCPlusPlus
bfy.tw/EqVn
stroustrup.com/Tour.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

java with intellij IDEA my dude.

python is OK and you should learn it because it will probably get you a job.
However, i personally would go the C / C++ route to have a solid base, maybe after learning Python, and just because you will understand everything much better.
Anyway you should go to >>>Holla Forums and ask there.

I can tell you from first hand experience that the Python community is full of cucks. Terrible, terrible faggots and morons.

C++ is probably the language I think would be most agreeable for fascists. It's difficult to master, requires a lot of experience. The people active in the community are typically those who have a long history. The conferences are attended mostly by people who do actual work, not by weird faggots.

Learn to write Bash especially. Bash is an essential tool for conducting yourself in the modern world.

PerL, Python and/or Ruby are the best way to a job. C++ is more versatile and all-around more fun imo maybe just because I learned it first

Agree with Bash, I see most tech jobs requiring it as a base requirement in the future

Python is a scripting language, learn C++.

learn:

avoid:

Good tech job without bluehairs? Make sure you know C well, and get into embedded and realtime systems. Avoid anything to do with mobile and the web. Python makes for a good glue-language and is useful for small things. Java is full of Pajeets avoid like the plague.

Good languages for a white man to know, which a nigger mind cannot comprehend.

I want to do science!

Whitespace, obviously.

Start with C, then move on to C++.

C is the language of the white man.

Python: Maximum Bloat + Slow
C++: Bloat
C#: botnet
Rust: lol
Java: pajeet loves this

assembly is great but it takes too long to write anything significant. use it in combination with C.

python is cool if you don't care about performance and just want to get it done.

fuck off faggot, we need skilled people not autistic programmers.
you're cleary too dumb to google or ask Holla Forums so I doubt you can compete with other programmers.
read sicp if you're serious about it.

That was a good list and I should have included any lamda calculus based language. Kudos

Yeah, the C++ community is refreshing. I was checking out the latest conference videos and there's only one weird tranny faggot and even he had real content to talk about.

The language that will give you the best career prospects is a different matter from the language that Holla Forums approves of.

Sage because that should have been obvious. Go ask Holla Forums then disregard what they tell you and instead teach yourself to teach yourself any language the job demands.

What dark times we live in user.

Unironically this. If you want to help the white race, learn how to be a machinist, mechanic, or helicopter pilot.

What do I learn if I just want a wageslave position and don't care about going too deep? Also do you need a good head for maths?

slide thread

Java and no.

But take this advice instead:

Also good advice.

I doubt that career will even last 10 years.

Javascript and Ruby. You can earn good money, and you won't need math for web dev stuff.

To be honest though, my recommendations are biased by my own interests. OP what you should really learn is the language which predominates the field that interests you the most. If you're interested in machine learning, I'd actually recommend studying mathematics before you worry about programming anything.

Java. Did you actually think Pajeets were capable of developing White-man skills? No. There's a reason 99% of H1Bs are Java monkeys.

C–

If you want a good laugh, check out this >>>Holla Forums809021 thread dissecting some literal Pajeet code that was powering software used by NYC crime lab. Shocking.

Perl is actually an Aryan language. Or write your own LISP compiler for true white power levels. My LISP interpreter can even do recursion.

That's a jewish language tbh, learn WhitePowerPC assembly though x86 is more (((useful))) though.

start with C and after you got the basics switch to whatever languages you need to learn for your purpose.

Don't start with C# it's too easy to start, the language was made to make programming more accessible and easy.
start with x86 assembly if you plan on staying a virgin for the rest of your life (though you should check it out at some point, assembly is really interesting as it's almost machine language).

Drones carrying passengers isn't going to happen in our lifetime.

C or C++
Also some assembly on the side for good measure

Get into reverse engineering or cracking and help fighting the kike system we live under

Javascript.

Do not trust languages that took more than a week to make.

I am no expert but as far as my experience goes after studying in engineering field C then C++ is the most welcome in tech community because of its performance. If you want to get a proper understanding how computers and hardware works then Assembly will make everything clear. C#/C++ is also perfect if you want to have fun with creating your own USB player or decoder for television from a cheap blank microcomputer. Understanding/modifying source code of programs. From programming small calculator to AAA games it has ruled over the market.

This man gets it.

C, C++ then for the $$$ c#, javascript, css3, html5.

Java was developed by Sun Mircosystems
Sun Mircosystems was founded by a german "von", Andreas von Bechtolsheim, and 3 burgers.

REWRITE REWRITE
REWRITE REWRITE
REWRITE REWRITE
REWRITE REWRITE
REWRITE REWRITE
REWRITE
REWRITE REWRITE
REWRITE REWRITE
REWRITE REWRITE
REWRITE REWRITE
REWRITE REWRITE

IT IT
IT IT
IT IT
IT IT
IT IT
IT
IT IT
IT IT
IT IT
IT IT
IT IT

IN IN
IN IN
IN IN
IN IN
IN IN
IN
IN IN
IN IN
IN IN
IN IN
IN IN

RUST RUST
RUST RUST
RUST RUST
RUST RUST
RUST RUST
RUST
RUST RUST
RUST RUST
RUST RUST
RUST RUST
RUST RUST

The only Holla Forums approved programming language is machine code. Everything else is a kike invention.

ASM and C/C++ with a debugger/disasembler if you want to understand the depth of your computer, Python for webdev/job and anything you don't need good performance for.

Perl, motherfucker.

Those PerlMonks sure take the posting on their board seriously.

Brainf*ck

Oh, you're one of those then? C#. Just out-code Pajeet by at least twice and you should be OK. For a little while at least.

If you actually want to learn how computers work, then C and C++

If you think Python is for cucks, wait till you see this meme

lexaloffle.com/pico-8.php

What are you doing on Holla Forums, Steve?

I'm calling bullshit. The school I went to for CEG had CS students required to take a few classes that both taught architecture of digital system and assembly (LC3).

Also, Java and Java courses are not worthless. I learned Java, then C++. They felt almost identical aside from the build files, syntax, GC, and that Java was pretty much universally compatible unless you didnt have Java installed.

Considering how much Java forces one to use good design patterns in order to write a successful large program, and that its the most popular enterprise language, telling people to avoid Java is just bad advice given by someone who has a personal grudge.

(Checked)

To add on, learn straight up C. You can and will fuck shit up with that if you're not careful. fork bombed an entire uni server once. Yeah, retard level right here But, it's powerful as fuck. If you want to be a real master, get into assembly language and that shit too.

I really dont get the shills that say that you should start by learning C.

Thats like saying you should start with Quantum Physics before learning Algebra.

The HolyC. Fucking hell is Terry A. Davis good at puns. Go ask Holla Forums though.

Seems like Python attracts low agency programmers because its easy to learn.

JUST

Seems like you're trying to defend a college education and while I'm hesitant to agree, I will say from my own experience that if you're serious about it, you need to be sharp mentally. No way that nigs and spics make it through upper level math classes. I can count on my one hand how many non-Asian minorities graduated with a CS degree from my school. Realistically, if you want to be a wage-slave, that's all companies really care about; how well you can solve problems. If you're proficient (high GPA with high level math courses) in your CS major, then you'll have no trouble becoming a whipping boy for a large company.

Good point. Not a good starting point, but it is the language to learn if you want to be a fucking badass in the dev world.

Haskell defines a clear divide between pure and unpure functions.
Its also too hard for niggerminds to understand

where is a mod when you need one?
THIS IS Holla Forums faggot NOT /g/

After 10pm on the east coast on a Friday dude. Let it ride…

←– 4cuck is that way

You have to know html, css, javascript for web dev unless I am missing how Python is a magical all encompassing modern web framework… lel

Django helps you with most of it but yeah you still have to learn html and css.

LOL AGREED. So many Lefties use python. Just an observation. And to add somthing constructive, I think learning how to program is really the key. Once you know the concepts of vairables, functions, classes, parents and so forth you should be able to hop from language to language with ease. Don't be a one language cuck.

The Sage is strong with this one. good place to start but will make you retarted if you stay there. Good for FPGA.

CSS and HTML are really for those who value (((design))) over efficiency. although a good aesthetic is always import Never fucked with Django though, I'm a jQuery guy. Being a javascript guru will land you a great job though.

I disagree, you should learn the fundamentals of programming with a real programming language.
These "coders" who learn Python have no idea whats happening when they declare a variable, they just type "var fuckmyshitup = 53" and for all they know the computer does some magic and they can refer to 53 by the variable name.

When I first learned programming I knew exactly how many bits of data a variable used by the type.

Haskell, Common ML, Clojure, Ruby, Rust, Java, Elm, Crystal Scheme, in that order.

use C/C++ faggot

I forgot JavaScript. It can go before or after Rust, as it's equally important. Just make sure to learn a hipster framework like Ember or Meteor.

Let me explain in simple terms. Why would you go piss in an ocean of piss (Holla Forums) when you can go and do it on Holla Forums instead? I realize it's not a very pleasant mental image but it's an accurate way to describe the situation.

Realistically, you're not a dev god until you know how your language (any) breaks down into assembly code and how that assembly breaks down into 1s and 0s to be translated by the hardware you're using. That's what the old school White guys knew who started out on fucking tape drives. We're doing stuff on an extremely high level nowadays. If you use an IDE, you're basically a newfag in the dev world compared to the seasoned vets. Having another PROGRAM compile and error check for you? That was laughable 30-40 years ago.

Exactly. This is Bjarne's premise in the argument to learn C++ first, then use the common subset of C++ and C if you must use pure C because of a particular circumstance. I know a little about both languages (10+ years dev) and I can tell you from painful experience that both he and yourself are correct. C++ isn't the easiest language to learn as a beginner by any stretch, but it's certainly the best one to begin with.
isocpp.org/wiki/faq/big-picture

Bumping for visibility. Would your recommend the book user?

HolyC is all you need unless you're a ring 3 peasant nigger cattle spooge drinking CIA glow in the dark jew nigger.

Absolutely. It's literally the single best freshman textbook on programming out there. Regardless of language.

Forth Lisp Haskell Assembly Erlang BrainFuck
Start a company with anons.

Btw, nice Führer dubs on the ID. As a guy who's semi-involved with dev low IQ web dev; not my only function but you know how companies overwork their employees stuff in his salary slave job, what would you recommend I learn to escape the cycle? You know, what is a space to enter into in order to name my own price, so to speak?

Write Hello World in Haskell, any job you want, 300k starting.

Test. Test. Wrote this post in Haskell

So you've never wrote a line of code in your life then?

Big data is incredibly hot right now, so git gud at stats, master R, and rub shoulders with bigwigs at LargeCorpInc, or Gubment or other big labs. Not my cup of tea personally. Or you could go the AI route and deal with the faggots in Silicon Valley. None of these are easy btw. But if money is you're goal these are some good choices. Personally I'm much more about the creative side of development and have both middle of the pack responsibilities and pay. I get to do fun stuff and that's good enough for me atm.

checked. Learn one or two pieces of software really really well. Learning a framework or two like Laravel (based on Symphony), Zend, and then maybe something like Magento. I don't do webdev shit anymore but there are always people hiring for businesses that run off of Zend, Symphony (or derivatives), and Magento. You will make yourself worth more if you can do faggy front end development and design, but most of that you can just rip off from other sites. Javascript will help make you worth more, and mastering all of the above you can freelance after you have a few years under your belt. I seriously hate webdev and scooting text around a page but that's one way to do it.

Sage because this belongs on /g/

I hope this antifag does some stupid ass shit and goes to jail.

WHAAAT?! This as first post without deletion?
I can't believe what I'm seeing in a Holla Forums thread right now.
Rust is the future of high-performance but memory and thread safe languages.
Holla Forums approved = RUST my friend.

Faggots will not be welcomed in the Holla Forums-future. GTFO.

Memory and thread safety are the future.
Whatever your political complaints about their CoC, there is not denying Rust is the future of systems programming, and C++ is going to be non-existent within the next 3 years.
Java is just another garbage collected JIT pos that should be thrown in the trash along with yourself, Pajeet.

How can Rust be the future if Mozilla is going to get shutdown for funding ANTIFA?

That hits home user lol. Really though, you're only semi-right with "rubbing shoulders"; you also need to be a superb communicator and an effective manager to really make the big bucks^TM. But, what if some mathematically, logically Anons banded together to challenge the Silicon Valley fags? We could make our own startup and easily cash out for millions with a (((big bank))). My goal is to raise enough money to invest into getting semi-off-the-grid, and being sustainable within a community framework. Cashing out now and putting that towards land, guns, etc. would be a great idea in my opinion, but the most challenging part is finding a need in the capitalist world and filling it.

Only white guys actually know how to program to begin with. That said, the following are for utter faggots:
-java
-python
-ruby
-go

Is it bad I have never even heard of any of the frameworks you've mentioned? We run off Spring… faggy front end is the name of the game, yet it is combined with real business needs. JS is legit though in my opinion. All about that dynamic interface.

Seriously, avoid java like the fucking plague. The only people who use it are formally educated hacks because it's what they were taught on, which means they had to be taught AND they were taught by someone who couldn't cut it in industry.

Unless you want a job, this is good advice.

Do you have a pdf for it ?

Rust == Gay bathhouse, the Language. Cocksuckers flock to that pile of shit like flies to, well, a pile of shit. And no wonder, they are just fellating the creator of the language after all. GTFO.

Good points user. My gut instinct is what you're describing is definitely beyond even a great developer's single-handed reach in today's world. I'm far too much of an autist to ever pull something like that off personally. But good luck with the dream user, it's a good one. I intend to eventually have my own successful concern running eventually so I'm at least conscious of a few of the basic requirements to get a startup off the ground. And certainly a great communicator is a terrific asset for an organization to have.

Pick a language that helps you do something that you think is cool. Languages are merely tools…

Find a project that you wanna do.
Look up the libraries and languages necessary for it.

Python is a tempting choice because there are so many fucking libraries for it with good tutorials and docs.

Here are a few in no particular order:
sklearn for machine learning
pandas for data manipulation
networkx for graph theory and analyzing scraped social network data.
django for serving all this shit on a website.
numpy for large scale numerical computation

If you're into gamedev, try Godot or Unity stuff.

It's tempting to get into Holla Forums-tier dick-measuring contests over which language is the most esoteric, but the only thing that matters is what YOU build.

Sample Project: Collect tweets that contain the words "fellow white people" and determine how many are made by heebs.

Sample Project: Visualize racial crime with D3.js.

The possibilities are endless. I don't care what language we write the metaphorical gas chamber in. A gas chamber written in Python beats "Hello World" written in C every time.

Not one that doesn't have my name burned into it (AKA a legal one). This is literally one book I'd recommend poorfags who are serious about learning to program actually save up for and buy the dead tree version. Seriously it's that good, but you have to work hard to succeed user.

Smalltalk.

Do you actually have a job in programming?

dos and html

are beyond shitskins, even

Don't listen to this obvious shill. C/C++ is the present and will still be the future for a few decades at the very least.

nigger plz

The memories are real.

Lots of bottom-tier advice itt. I know this is a bait thread but the vast majority of troll posts are here. Nobody is 'leet' anymore. Most commercial programming in any language is done by teams that are too large for the job, and do the job in a very rote manner. Spolsky mentioned this way back in 2001 when he wrote about 'Big Mac vs. Naked Chef' in his fagblog. I'm going to give you some real advice. Learn second order predicate logic. Start with Frege (a literal Nazi!) and move on from there towards resolving the Russell paradox. This will serve you better than any course on 'programming' ever will. The second bit of advice is that you must be able to improvise. Unfortunately for the people who believe they understand this, programming computers is not a science. It has more in common with writing instruction manuals than it has to repeatable experiments with hypotheses. Knuth didn't name his book 'The Art of Computer Programming' for nothing. No algorithm exists to repeatably create software. Agile is a lie. Finally, choose a language with well developed second-order capabilities like Lisp, Haskell, or Python. C shills are ignoring the fact that their language cross-pollinates with kike Java on every desktop platform and that embedded systems run things like RPython just as fast as they run C now. Rust and Go are owned by Mozilla and Google respectively and are completely 100% Jewish. Don't go there.

Using Vala has been a minor annoyance but rewarding enough so far. Basically has the look and functionality of C# without it being a pos runtime activated program.
Turns all your code into C before compiling. Making the end program native and allowing you to use C code decently interchangeably with Vala as well as pulling from C libraries.

Some might find it a useless cop out. But if you're annoyed with C always needing separate header .h(unless you make inline functions) and .c files for every little thing. As well as not spending time on garbage collection.
It might amuse you also.

BRAINFUCK MASTER RACE
R
A
I
N
F
U
C
K

You can get an IDE here: github.com/zk-phi/bfbuilder

Here you go: archive.org/details/2014ProgrammingPrinciplesAndPracticeUsingCPlusPlus

Use Google or Bing next time, lazy nigger

I think most of us may be a little too autist to pull that shit off, but a man can dream. What we need is an idea though because I, myself, feel pretty introverted at times, but somehow, I have pretty solid speaking/persuasive abilites. hoping it's due to my german/italian mix and not some long lost jew blood Again, all it takes is an idea amongst those you can trust and one could profit big time. That profit could be repurposed into something better. Regardless, I'm trying to find ways to avoid being a fucking drone for the next 40-50 years. If you enjoy working in front of a computer, or in a cubicle, all day, you're insane honestly. I yearn for the outdoors. I yearn for something that doesn't feed the Jewish system.

I did, but I could only find previews of the book. Thanks.

What search engine did you use? Entering the title alone into jewgle yielded that Archive.org link

I used google.

query?

bfy.tw/EqVn

This. Memory management does not make programming hard, it makes it tedious. What makes programming hard is applying the correct design pattern which won't fuck you over with complexity in the long run. Knowing how to structure your code is more important than any minutiae involving optimization tricks, bitshifts, etc.

I was asking myself same thing,..did you see the thread on TempleOS and HolyC?

RUST!

What?!..Damn! Gotta switch to qupzilla

A software engineering principle unheeded by too many these days.

How newfag are you?
This is a SLIDE THREAD and you want to tell them the real board name? Tell the cucks /g/ and only /g/. It's bad enough they lower the quality of Holla Forums. Don't need them shitting up our actual IT board too.

underrated. however C and C++ are still inarguably the single most important programming languages ever devised. And the idea that RPython can replace C on embedded is laughable imo. Still, again, underrated post.

Obviously an incredible amount of money can be made rather quickly by diving straight into the heart of the beast on Wall St. dev'ing HFT code. Best git gud at GPU and parallel programming though. CUDA is the defacto standard in this area. I seriously considered going this route instead of my fun one I actually chose for a while, but decided the stress wouldn't be worth it for me. I've used CUDA professionally in my current career and it makes doing these insanely complicated things a snap. Literally no harder than basic C loops.

We think somewhat alike on this topic. One reason I started on the path I did is so that I can have an ongoing operation running around the clock with creative input by my peers and betters globally across the Intertubes while I do my bit living in a cabin I built with my own hands deep innawoods in the Northwest.

I originally learned to program in C++, nearly 20 years ago now. Today, I mostly just use Python to solve math problems and some machine learning.

I sometimes dabble in C++ or Java, but I haven't found a really fun project to work on.

It's a whole new world today chap. Modern C++ is quite different from you're day tbh. BTW, you're the target audience for this short book.
stroustrup.com/Tour.html

Assembly or go home.

Seriously though don't start with python do C++. I am in physics and use C++ and matlab. My friends who care enough to learn a language chose for python (why I don't know it seems so obsolete).
I make something In C++ compile as .mex and use the plotting function in matlab. As a result my shit runs much faster than my friends shit.

TLDR python is literally a waste of time learn C++

Haskell is number one on my list. And I can't do shit with it yet.

I usually use BASH, PowerShell, and Python.

Excellent advice. Charles Peirce had some insights into predicate logic as well that are worth mulling over to some degree.

Most websites/apps still run PHP. Its not changing anytime soon.

And get some linux skills. Bash isn't sexy, but its important. Then Python.