Postal Redux update

New levels, new difficulty mode, and other features that are Not Important!
Oh boy.

Other urls found in this thread:

indiedb.com/games/postal-2-udk
youtube.com/watch?v=H_PtmA8Iv_k
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=270506278
store.steampowered.com/app/401680/
postalgames.com/pd-postal-fudge-pack-now-with-steam-keys-in-the-box.cfm
runningwithscissors.com/?page_id=1875
steamcommunity.com/id/rws_flanagan
twitter.com/RWSbleeter/status/781892212955176960
encyclopediadramatica.se/Andrew_Anglin
lokigames.com/products/postal/)?
reddit.com/r/CringeAnarchy/
liveleak.com/view?i=b4a_1351360520
youtube.com/v/266A0sVGqxg&pxtry=3
twitter.com/jonathan_blow/status/692831051845083137
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'd watch a buddy cop comedy about Postal Dude and Not Important, except they're serial murderers instead of cops.

We worked real hard on the update, too! Hopefully you lot will get a real kick out of it.

If anyone asks, this was my idea.

IT'S HABEENING! DOUBLE THE EDGE!

Oh shit, thanks for the free update dude.

The absolute madmen

Nice digits

Anytime, my good man. It's all for you!

Thanks, I worked real hard on them, too!

Does Not Important come with his own lines too?

Fuck, someone needs to stream this, internet is shit, so can't download the update.

What would Postal Dude and Not Important talk about?

Thanks goy

Fuck that.
Go on work on Postal 3 niggers

Yer a faggot, but a cool faggot. Like Freddie Mercury was.

But Postal 3 already exists, user

nice game

Aw yea, bby. You know what I like.

That's all I ever strive to be…

Their favorite Seinfeld episodes, I'd imagine. Postal Dude's favorite is 'The Money'.

We didn't drop support, we just haven't implemented it yet. Mac/Linux versions are coming soon, though. We've got a working Mac build close to completion, last I checked.

I would buy the game if I had any money.
Pirated version was fine tho, definitely not a bad job at making a remake.

Yeah, I'll have to wait for a bigger sale before I spend my card and crate money but I'll definetly get it.

Thanks for nothing
I have all your games except Postal Redux, When is the time you will make another original game with actually good gameplay

I'll be sure to pirate it fam

When do I get a good version of Postal 2 or 3 that has a larger sandbox, no level loads, co-op mode, better AI, and the option to play as a female Dude and the ability to whip out my tits and squirt milk at passers by.

And I'm dead fucking serious about this too

I'd watch that too

Thank you based RWS
Thank you based Flan Fam
whens the next game?

it's the
CURRENT YEAR
and RWS made a topdown shooter in which the enemies shoot you from outside the screen

you know, the thing everybody loves so much about Hotline Miami 2

When's the Coldsteel the Hedgeheg update?

Let's not bring up painful memories from the past, user.

That's cool, my man. As long as you're having fun with the game. No judgment!

Never. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
We're working on a brand new IP right now. It's quite a bit different from what we've done so far. We aim to make it fun.

When you make it! Follow your heart, my man!

There's a difference between enemies insta-killing you, and having them chip off a small fraction from your health. You should constantly be on the move, anyway. Unless you're some sort of a bitch, or something.

(checked)
I've noticed that in the recent 2 years there's been more activity from RWS than ever before , could this allude to something more than just a redux or HD version of already existing games i wonder?
Maybe a new IP?
nice

see

Looks like fam just spilled the beans.

Nah, it's something we've confirmed a while back. Though we're not giving any details on what the new game is going to be, just yet.

oh shi—

He who forgets the Postal 3 is doomed to repeat it

God, you're right user…

It's just… you weren't there, man…
You weren't there.

Don't make me tattle on you to the twitter account.

wasnt someone working on remaking all of postal 2 in unreal engine? I remember there was a video of it but I cant seem to find it again

UE3 or 4?

I dont remember which, I saw a video of it a good while ago
I remember it mentioned that it had the entire map loaded at once and the video showed an NPC dancing

Yeah this is the one you're referring to, I'm guessing.

indiedb.com/games/postal-2-udk

There was no update on it for a while, and then I guess they just dumped everything they had, back in 2015. I think this video shows the stuff they dumped:
youtube.com/watch?v=H_PtmA8Iv_k

What happened to the GOG release? Did GOG cuck you guys?

It's pretty cool.

Nah, last I checked that's still happening. Hopefully soon. It's just that we're multi-tasking like mad, lately. We've got Redux content updates and OS ports, and to prepare for GOG, then we've got Paradise Lost to prepare for GOG as well, then we've got our new game that we're working on, etc. There's a lot of stuff to do.

It'll happen, though. Just bare with us.

alright, I go back to waiting then. I just prefer to get the DRM free version of anything when available.

Hey Flan-Chan

put Mark in the game and call him Cakeboy when you kill him

I still can't believe he ate that WHOLE ice cream cake by himself all in one sitting.

We would, but our workload is already stacked.

You can always mod that into P2, and put it on the workshop, though!

Jews have a secret food pocket in their noses for future digestion.

What exactly happened with Postal III ?

POSTAL 2 was one of the first edgy games I played as a kid and I have some fond memories of those times, it's damn great and a bit surreal to have you guys here with us.
Thanks for your dedication.

Russian publisher Akella had done localizations and their own exclusive P2 expansion, so we had a good working relationship with them. They were a comparatively bigger company with a lot more resources at their disposal, so we outsourced development of P3 to them, to make it bigger and better. The idea was going to be that we designed the game, and wrote the story, while they do all the development stuff.

Then they got hit bad by the Global Economic Meltdown™, and P3 got hit real bad with cost-cutting measures. They assigned the game to one of their underexperienced in-house B-teams (Trashmasters), who were clearly not qualified to make a project as big or demanding as P3, and worse yet, they were underfunded and forced to rush through development. A lot of changes were made to the design, to cut down on development time and resources, making the game end up being a lot more watered-down than it was intended to be. And then it was pushed out to the market in a barely Alpha state. There were a couple of patches shortly after release, but the game is still a year (at minimum) of development time away from being finished.

Unfortunately, Akella ceased development on P3, and have not answered any of our communications. They haven't shared the source code or SDK of the game, so we don't have the access to the game to fix any of the numerous game-breaking bugs and mistakes that are present. We don't own the game, and we don't earn anything from its sales.

my body is ready

This hurts the most. I remember waiting years following news about P3 and getting hyped. But then the game came out and I still enjoyed it, dumb kid that I was. With how RWS is about updating their old games, it's a shame P3 can't ever become what I should've been.

It's always interesting to learn about behind the scenes stuff though.
Thanks.

No idea what you are talking about

Don't you guys get tired of telling the same story about Postal Tri.

who?

Bulgarian detected

i have no idea what you're talking about ,maybe you meant Paradise Lost

Yeah, I've recited that series of events more times than I care to keep track, but it's an interesting story, and I know there's always people who aren't aware, so it's not too bad to re-tell it.

I fucking LOVED postal 2.
I bought postal 1 original some 2-3 years ago but didn't play (well I tried it for

magnet for 3.0
36371e20c79a9d236cbb48884bae545b33882c96

Cool, so there you go folks. If you're broke, live in Germany or just don't feel like paying, you can still enjoy the fruits of our labor! I hope you all have fun with it, assuming fun is allowed!

I wrote those, so glad you liked them! Might have to bring it back at some point.

I should've suspected this when they put Milo in Postal II which is fucking great btw thanks.

Postal dve cqlo i pet was alright. Nothing special but nothing like tri.

Why wouldnt it be?

(checked)
Welcome back Flan-Chan

Where do you think we are?

I never left, friend. It's just that I only namefag when it's relevant.

bought Postal Redux and Postal 2 like a good goy
anyways, keep up the good work

Where is he? I didn't remember that.

Your game is banned in Germany?
Even if people want to buy it on steam or order a copy from your website?

Hey based flan can you gib me key of postal redux? I bought 2 and paradise lost.

You need to be bullied, nerd.

Just buy it, it's less than $10 for fuck's sake.

How do you think they're gonna make a new game if you don't pay their salaries?

This is RWS not nintendo or EA.

Neat, I'll pick it up.

Don't worry bby. I'm a moralfag and buy the games I pirate as long as the game isn't shit.

I bought 1 and 2 + expansion, and will eventually get redux when im not on a toaster.

(checked)
Oh cool, I only did half of the 1st day of paradise lost so didn't meet him.

Will we ever get a pidgeon mission?

Was there a time where you could buy it from Steam in Germany? I have it in my library, but when I search the store for it I can't seem to find anything. Maybe I was lucky.

Okay…
but I bought it 2 weeks ago when it was 13 bucks, now it's only like 2 dollars

Why would you want a key for it if you already bought it?

I was talking about postal 2 and paradise lost

Good.
Now buy copies for your friends, too.
I fucking love money. Give me more money.

In the 'Fire In The Hole' club, in Paradise Lost.
Yup. There was a whole thing some time ago where Steam enforced bans of a bunch of old games in Germany. The entire POSTAL series was part of that. You can buy most of the games somewhere else and activate the keys on Steam, except for Redux, for some reason. So Germans are pretty fucked. We're okay with them pirating it.

I don't have any on hand, mate. But we're gonna do a giveaway on Twitter, so you can just keep an eye on that.

I can give you a key for Postal III, though.

Well aren't you a dear? I just wanna kiss you right on the leeps!
Give me more money.

It's on the workshop now, mate!
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=270506278

Yeah, you could buy them until just recently. Now they're banned.

Why not just pirate it? It's pretty obvious the devs aren't going to hunt you down for it.

I'll take it.

shit, you're right

Give them all out and let it spread like the plague.

store.steampowered.com/app/401680/
It's on a sale atm, £2.49
That's like 3 dollars dude.
Even a poorfag neet like me can afford that (I don't think I'll buy it since I'm on linux and games don't work here at all though maybe I will today, keep it in my library and play it in a few years).

Also this postalgames.com/pd-postal-fudge-pack-now-with-steam-keys-in-the-box.cfm if you hate steam.

Oh wow, I was actually joking, Jeez.
Oh yes, I streamed Postal 2 and its Expansions to my Friends. And Then I streamed Postal 3.

Is Vince still alive?

Because they deserve and Im neither a poorfag a filthy kike

Just stopping by to say Flan-Chan is a real human bean
Also any hints on what the new IP will be?

Sorry, should have quoted the guy - I was refering to the dude begging for keys.

We wouldn't want to cuck a dev we actually like when he's right here, would we?

I was saying I bought postal 2 at $13, and now it's cheaper therefore I should get redux.
Whatever, I don't care.

well i'm watching their podcasts from a couple of months back now i'm currently watching the second one , so far they are vague about it

what pisses me off is that we get e-celeb cancer threads even in this place , but when something good like this happens you don't see a thread about it when it does happen

You can hit me up on Steam, then
id/rws_flanagan

You're a good man.

Very much so! We've been doing a podcast for a while now, and he's been in every one. If you wanna get to know Vince better, you can watch those: runningwithscissors.com/?page_id=1875

Or hell, you can just e-mail him. He replies to pretty much everyone! [email protected]/* */

I'm just doing what I was put on this earth to do - shill on Holla Forums, but thank you for the kind words.

And no, no details yet. We're pretty tight-lipped about that shit for now. It's probably not what anyone expects, though.

On Holla Forums, whats your point?

Well I am glad then that I supported you guys when I still could, a shame our country is so backwards and cucked sometimes, especially when it comes to entertainment.

Welp, time to spend my shekels on your shit. Stay based man.

Why is Vince so Perfect?

Yeah, it's pretty messed up, especially because we've got so many fans in Germany. I feel for you guys - it's fucked up.

He eats his vegetables!

Does Nightmare difficulty have new loading screen text compared to Hard and Normal?
Does it just the damage the enemy takes or deals, or does it something else too?

can i pirate the game if i make less than 100$ a month?

i live in a really shitty yuropean country
i'll be sure to buy redux when i have money tho, have 2 and paradise.

>steamcommunity.com/id/rws_flanagan
tnx

Oy based flan hear me out on this: postal is good, postal 2 is good, paradise lost is good, you are good. Now if I may inquire what's your opinion on this piece of art?

Don't answer that.

Fuck it, me too.
FUCK, I accidentally deleted the screenshot of the receipt before it uploaded, welp.
I was stuck at "posting"…

2nd Postal movie with/without Uwe Boll when

a rhetorical question

I bet it's going to be an "early access open world survival game"™.

Hatred and Postal Fudge pack are the only games that I've ever bought straight from the developers.

Physical editions feel Goodman

No, you can't.
RWS has a pirate hunter squad that shoots everyone who pirates their games.
I pirated it but then I looked out my window one day and saw it: a black car with yellow stripes on it and manny scissors drawn everywhere.

That's when I fired up my laptop, barricaded my doors, purchased postal redux, printed the screenshot of the receipt, slipped it outside through under the door.

I was lucky; they were prepping the ram to knock me door down and shoot me.

I wonder where this will go?

This is accurate.

But nah, it's fine. If you don't wanna buy the game, don't buy it.

it's not that i don't want to, but that i can't do it right now.

i will do it in future tho!

Fuck me, that's not right

I can't think of better game developers.

twitter.com/RWSbleeter/status/781892212955176960

I hope you guys don't actually like this faggot

Aww yiss

Also i wonder what Destructive creations said about this

Do faGGots even still care about him?

From what i know the alt-right is boycotting him and breitbart until it gets rid of this poof

He was in the right place at the right time and said some of the right things. You don't have to agree with everything a person says.

I cringe more that people identify as alt right than I do about milo fucking niggers.

Alt-right is an actual thing? I thought it was just a lame attempt by regressive mouthbreathers, of left leaning thinking to insult a group cause people made fun of them.

Yes it is

Too bad everyone in it is gay

10/10

Not really, they still just laugh with him whenever he makes the media or SJWs pissy.

There are people that actually identify as the alt right, but it's more just political shitposters than anything.

Pretty sure I saw that picture years ago back when it was called the dark enlightenment or neoreactionary.

Bet you like SJW faggots.

Kek, you mean dailystormer? encyclopediadramatica.se/Andrew_Anglin

Sperg just released his call for a "Holy Crusade" against Milo and Breitbart and calling everyone to join the "True" alt right.

Enough about that, has anyone seen what the "Not Important" update is?

Yeah thats what the alt bit means I think.

The full name is 'alternative sexuality' right.

psst
hey user

you're really fucking gay

No user, you're the gay. And thread is getting derailed, good job faggots.

see
then visit >>>/bog/
AND STAY THERE

Its time to stop derailing this thread guys

Anglin's boycotting him, the rest are just talking some degree of shit.

I don't give a shit what he says he is a race mixing homosexual, just because he says things I like doesn't mean he is my ally not to mention he is half jew and believes man boy love is ok.

It's not hard to piss them off, what an achievement.

I bet you think being a fag is explicitly white and is European tradition

Some other reasons I don't like him thanks user

Should I go for the third option?

Good catch, nice of you for (((Correcting the Record)))

But what about the famous white gay yuropoors? :^)

Just amusing to watch to him sperg again, and being jealous he can't go mainstream and be taken seriously.

what the fuck milo

studies show that user you are a homosexual haha

Are you worried that he will impregnate a big black man with his seed?

pwnd xD

No I am worried about him being a bad influence amongst people on the right, encouraging racemixing is awful

ok nerd you can stop talking now

fuck off cuck

Reminder

even Holla Forums had the good sense to give these falseflagging faggots the boot and anchored the thread over there >>>Holla Forums7688577 , maybe it's time for Mark&thehotpockets to lay down a bitchslap on these derailing fags a bit just as a reminder for where they are on the foodchain

I mean I'm really just shitposting, but jokes aside, Racemixing isn't the evil devil Holla Forumstards make it out to be.

What the board *should* do is just flat out ban political faggots entirely.

Of course not goy.

But Holla Forums would die if you did that.

If you're triggered I suggest you visit

>>>/safespace/
>>>/reddit/
www.reddit.com
>>>/tumblr/
www.tumblr.com

It destroys identity and heritage.

Dont hate, segregate

i occasionally speedrun enhanced mode P2 and PL. and am curious if you still had access to old map versions as part of the dev process because in an old version of PL there was a thing where on tuseday you could skip straight to the wednesday trigger that got removed at some point (shovel fly over to it from the church). did try tracking down old versions and didn't find many of the versions. can you help a nigga out and see if you can get the old patches as selectable downgrades/downloads either in steam or on your site?

Aside from the health problems it causes, the total loss of identity, culture, and heritage, and of course the product of said race mix having an identity crisis I agree absolutely nothing wrong with it. Blanda up!

I don't know about older maps, but you can still jump barricades into pretty much every section still today.

I also got stuck in the skybox once by accident.

When are you going to stop being such a faggot flan-cuck?

just kidding I love u bby never stop rocking

oh, am aware of that one. but jumping into the compound meant for friday doesn't really help in a speedrun.

and i love how the game just does correction. i am also curious if flan or anyone else on the dev team watches speedruns of either standard or enhanced mode.

I see where you're coming from, but I don't think sorting this out would be particularly easy. It'd have to go up the chain quite a bit. I can pass the suggestion forward, but I can't promise anything, user.

As soon as you stop choking on all those dicks.
I love you!

that it's heard at all is appreciated.

Ironic considering that niGGers are pretty much from Reddit as it is, making huge issues out of the very definition of non-issues like gaming journalism or SJWs being retards.

no it doesn't

(citation needed)
(subjective)
(subjective)
(also subjective)
First I've heard of this and I know a lot of mixed people. There's a world outside of the Holla Forums hugbox, you know.

Ok, here are your shekels, Flan. Buy a beer.

Yesss yess goyim

Ban all discussion of our control of the biggest medium in the world….yesssss

I will, user! And when I do, I will stand up at the bar, raise my glass and say "Here's to a9379b, for making this possible!" and I will drink it down.

You better record it

how sweet.

holy shit its been a while since I've seen a reverse cuck

Too cheap to not buy, tbh.

Buying Redux and 2 + paradise.

:3

I literally bought it last night and now this thread is here, I'm spooked. Hope you enjoy my money flan fag.

It ends up that the best way to make people to buy your game is to make quality games.

And also give extreme discounts.

Maybe in a better world

Damn son, that sucks.

WHEN'S THE NEXT POSTAL GAME

Added you on Steam because. I don't need a key, unless Postal 3 ever arrives on Linux.

added you as well
i ain't lookin' for free shit though, not my thing

Anyone else bought the original Postal from Loki games (lokigames.com/products/postal/)? Or am I the only ancient Linuxfag?

Never ever

This. When is the next Postal? It doesn't have to be bigger than the second

You guys warm my cold dead heart… I would kiss both of you right on the mouth, if I could.

Yeah, it's unfortunate. The sad part is that this is after cutting the base price in half, and several 50% and above sales.

wew, dude
Keep the homo to yourself.
:3

Its pretty sad honestly, good games dont get enough appreciation.

As much as i hate to say it maybe you should try to shill on some game magazines/reddit/games discussion groups

I'm adding you 'cause you seem like a chill dude, don't need Postal 3 especially considering the fact that I played it on release after pirating it

This makes me happy on so many levels.

If they tried to shill on reddit, they'd be shut down by the insular sjw cucks there. RWS got put on the "naughty" list after GG, remember.

But there must be some nonfaggot reddit board right?

Maybe the gore board
Thats literally it and too many teen edgelords

Not just NiGGers either, remember that its called Holla Forumseddit for a reason since a ton of Holla Forums users unironically have reddit and facebook accounts and they genuinely see nothing wrong or cancerous with that since in their mind they are "redpilling" the normalfags.

At the point where a meme becomes so mainstream that the fucking news is talking about it and you can see little 12 year old's on Garry's mod darkrp servers with moonman avatars and shit any board would go "maybe its time to simmer down a little bit." except for Holla Forums who screams "PRAISE KEK XD" and drives it into the ground, There is literally no difference between them and their pepe shit and fucking reddit and their le rage comics, I feel like I'm fucking watching history repeat with my own eyes.

And the hilarious part is that it was just a little while ago that Holla Forums was shit talking GG about how they were losing steam and infighting and all this shit and now they are literally retreading the same steps and falling into the exact same pitfalls. Their already dead now that the infighting has started, might as well grab their ass and shove it to their face so they can kiss it goodbye at this point.

maybe, i dunno, i don't spend much time there other than specific subs anymore. gaming is cancer, games is cancer using full sentences, and pcgaming is cucked and shit. if they can get something viral on pcmr, that might do something.
when the linux version comes out, the linux subs will also eat up anything they can get.

I'm an idiot

Good luck finding one, even if there is one there would be so little people there it wouldn't be worth it.

I want to buy Postal Redux now, but I was told that there's some kind of metrics or bullshit that makes it better to buy it after it comes out for Linux (as then it gets counted as a Linux sale if it's run on Linux), so I'll get it for full price then. I bought the original twice, I can certainly get the remake from you.

I don't have a drug problem. It's not a problem if I like it!

We hope around in different places, that we personally frequent. I frequent this board, which is why I'm here, after all. But that's about as far as we'll go. I don't see us buying any EGM adspace, if you know what I mean. The best we can hope for is people giving our games a try, and telling their friends to give them a try!

We're working on the Linux port, so hopefully you shouldn't have to wait too long for that!

fucking neato

It's quite strange, seeing history not even ten years old repeat itself. Everyone thought GG was Chanology 2.0, but it was merely a pretext to something bigger. It's like everyone has become absorbed in the memes. Now that everyone in Holla Forums is under the impression that for once in their lives they were able to impact something in real life through 'meme magic' and shitposting thanks to clueless liberal media giving them more attention and making them out as more of a threat than they really are, it certainly motivates our inner shitposters.

It's the same thing with the hacker known as 4Chan and Chanology, where people got in way over their head and did many things they would cringe hard at when they'd look back at their lives, and believing that they and what they were doing actually mattered in the grand scale. 'We gotta raid these polls and spread pepes to have Trump win and change the future for the better, etc.' For all we know, doing so might very well work out, but either way you're left with irrational fanatics who can't have a decent discussion where one's views of the world are properly challenged.

Pecunia non olet
There is no shame in shilling decent games as long as it isnt spam

You make a strong point, user, but that's not exactly what I meant. I mean that in most mainstream gaming outlets/circles we are somewhat shunned. So our general approach is to stick with our established fanbase, the people who we know actually like our games, and rely on word-of-mouth.

Germany is a shithole

Even their selection of games is nothing but simulated work.
Although I'd love to see a Postal/Euro Truck Simulator crossover.
I don't know why I want to see art of this now, with Postal Dude in an 18 wheeler and his usual shit-eating grin with walls of dead people in his wake.

I have what you need.

They actually use this as an instructional video

That's more one-mistake-that-chains-into-another than willful, intentional, mass destruction.
Thanks though.

Safety videos are normally so boring you forget them as soon as you leave the room, that one actually works because you remember it.

What's so special about a log of wood on an empty meadow?
Is this one of those low-effort "modern" art pieces?

But you have to be politically correct, think of all the children and manchildren that might be watching.

hey friend look closer there's something else

reddit.com/r/CringeAnarchy/

I dont get it either. I can see the shadows are fucked/faked.

Hey Flan? I notice in your posts you always mention you have to send things to higher ups.

How many people actually work at RWS? Surely the games sales dont support more than 40 people, tops.
Do you do it for free? Is that your secret?

do you see it now?

No, but by the end, I assume it was involved with arab penises?

Haven't seen you in a while.
You can't ban the Flan.

No, my friend, forget the end, it was just credits. Focus on the middle part of the webm and picture.
Can you describe what you see?

Grass?

Is this one of those fucking memes that only 3 people from the thread understand?

Its a greyhound standing on a stump in a field.

WHAT DOES THIS MEAN? DO MY EYES DECEIVE ME?

I highlighted it for you.

I'm basically a core member, at this point. Paid and everything. There's a couple handfuls worth of core team members, and interns and such. I've not taken a full headcount, though. If I had to give a rough estimate there's… ~15-20 of us? I could be way off, though.

We get by. A lot of us have taken cuts, and so we work additional day-jobs, if we have to. So for most of the RWS crew, we do it out of passion.

You've probably seen me a lot more than you think. It's just that I don't go by Flan-Chan, unless it's important RWS business!

How much of a shitposter are you?

I help design electrical safety training and I always go for the gore approach, everyone knows the theory of what happens but actually seeing it makes people think twice before doing something stupid.
liveleak.com/view?i=b4a_1351360520

s/o to Marphy Black

I don't get it, why are you highlighting half the landscape?

Can you be more specific?

I think it is something related to zoophilia.

Or maybe I have been here for too long.

IT'S A GREYHOUND REEEE STOP MAKING ME CRY

Oh, neato.

Can we at least get a leak on the genre of this new IP? Or even just the type (fps, rts etc)?

Highlight Flan's ID for this thread. Constant memes. They've been here for ages and im pretty sure i once saw flan namefagging in a thread acidentally; shitposting iirc.

How much does Rick Hunter's daily life resemble the life of the Postal Dude?

what the fuck are you talking about?
all I see is a log of wood a grassy hill and the sky

Not yet. It'll be revealed in time, my man. All in good time. It'll be something unexpected, but at the same time I think it will make sense to our fans.

user pls. The meme's are just dressing. A little eye-candy, that accompanies the gold that is the core content of my posts!

Alright, the joke is we pretend it's not there. I submit. I'll just play along next time.

Shit, you got us! We were going to call it 'Postage Conundrum', where you play a pedestrian walking down the street, waiting to be mowed down by the Postal Dude. And every time you died, we would recite a passage from Dante's Inferno.

Now we have to scrap the whole thing… Thanks, user!

Oh shit dude. I finally saw that dog some people were talking about. But if you're gonna highlight it, could you at least do it properly man? You just put a big red circle over a bunch of grass and trees. I had to search every goddamn pixel for about 20 minutes until I found that damn thing and I even highlighted it for you, asshole.

Did not know the update was out and when I played co op with friend Revenant joined in and I was thrown off by the Tim Portant skin :D

Hey which one of these cartoon characters do you prefer?

He better like best girl namely: Asuka

Rei is obviously bestgirl.

I've never watched NGE. I just recognized that those are characters from it, and googled what the character names are.I prefer 3DPD stuff such as attached file.

Actually, going to pick your brain one last time.

Apart from shitposting, what do you actually do?

b-but I allow fun here.

Anyway do you wanna do an Ask Anything with us? We've been trying to get more developers to join us, but most PR is a bitch to work with.

PR & web development. I write all our PR shit, I handle our social media and I work on our website.

Shitposting is what makes it all worth it, though.

MOTHER FUCKER
BEST GIRL IS RAMIEL

Oh neat! you wanna bring the guys over and have a party for an hour or two in a few days?

also I doubt there's anything that can be done. but how do we get more devs on Holla Forums and having their PR departments actually respond to our requests

Holy shit, it's Flan. Postal 2 was the absolute shit in Russia back in the 00's, and you actually have a massive russian fanbase you probably do not even know about.
Stay Чики Брики, you fags

DEEP FREEZER A SHITR

Oh boy you've done it now. Also be wary of Mark if you have any cakes around.

I'll eat YOUR cake….

nerd

It's the nature of the beast, Mark. Sooner or later, someone's gonna stop havinf fun…
Sure thing, mate. Just hit me up on Steam and I'll be glad to help out with whatever!

id/rws_flanagan

Is the Postal 2 DLC worth it while it's on sale?

alright, I sent you a friend request.

my steam is Mark447. It has a smug anime grill with purple hair

The last time you get mowed down it cuts to the Dude's face. The only line from him in the entire game is "Bazinga."

It's like two fucking bucks man. Even less with the base game.

It's worth it when it's not on sale.

I wish I could tell you, mate. It honestly baffles me that so little devs do this. I guess there's a disconnect between the people who make games, and the people who play them, especially if the former hires non-gamer companies to handle their PR. The thing with RWS is that we're all just regular gamers. I'm an average schmuck, who likes playing video games and I frequent Holla Forums on my own time, so it makes perfect sense to me to come over to Holla Forums as a dev as well.

My dude, I'm so broke I can barely eat. I'm only considering it because $1.44 doesn't buy food in Canada anyway.

You are living my dream of being able to shitpost on the job, which makes me hate you.
Also you are most likely doing it with the name of a character I really like, which makes you even more deserving of my hate

It wasn't my idea, I swear. I originally went by 'Flanagan' but then you folk affectionately christened me as Flan-Chan…

And the rest is history…

MAAAAARK

No.

I know we have a TON of developers, however they worry about taking the risk of coming out as someone who browses this board. Hell just look what happened to Palmer Luckey, that's practically what the PR companies fear. Which is why I'm gonna try contacting developers and PR companies that are neutral or have already spoken out about these kinds of things. Like I emailed Joe Mad's new studio to see if he can come on, but they never responded.

Your only way to redeem yourself is to write a 500 word essay about your favourite touhou

honk honk

I've never played a single touhou…

Pick Cirno. She's the strongest.

neat

I'll post this on the next draw thread and see what happens.

No, obviously the best touhou is Yuuka.

I don't know, I'm pretty particular to Cirno. Unless we're talking for lewds, then it's gotta be Reimu or Sakuya. Momiji is fine too.

How about Chen instead?
Fucking honk.

GET HER MEME DOG!

nigga you new

I got here before Holla Forums was a thing and never knew RWS posted here.

(checked)
Did he die though?
He seemed put out at the end.

Oh yeah, I remember that. It was pretty funny how so few people got nines.

Died on the way to hospital. I always throw in some survivors too for good measure.
there is a guy that survived with his face burnt off that talks about how we wishes he hadn't lived, sadly that vid is on the work computer

I'm sorry to hear that.

based flan, buying

That's not all you're buying, user.

You've also bought my heart.

Lets do some match shall we?
So 6169 * 5 american dolaryndos assuming that its the average of price - steam cut - sales - diffence in prices across the countries

This gives us a amazing whole revenue of 30845 american golden dinars.
So assuming this is not enough to provide whole team with enough money to live comfortably making vidya what do you do for living might i ask?

Seriously RWS you need to step up and expand your potential market

This is how good niche gems turn into casual fodder

I think the biggest thing stopping RWS from making it big is the medias passionate hate of them.
Communicating directly with customers (eg. this thread) is their best option. We should also do our part and shill for them because good games are good.

Well, to be fair, a majority of the game's sales were picked up early on, when the base price was double what it is now, and the discounts were smaller. There's also the percentage of a sale that goes to Valve, if it happened on Steam (we also have Redux steam keys being sold on other places, such as Humble Store).

In any case, we've had worse times before. I can't speak for the other guys specifically, but I know some of them have taken up regular day jobs, while still working at RWS, in the days before we were on Steam. I myself do part-time jobs, currently. We get by!

Our entire catalog has been POSTAL, and it's hard to expand the market on something like that. We'll see how it goes with our next game, though.

Left picture is pretty awesome!

Does it have cards in it? I know part of every sale on the steam market for a card or ingame item or whatever goes to the devs. That could help a little, financially.

Marketing, shilling, controversy.
If you want to get big you cannot relly on personal interaction, as much as i like you and RWS and the whole Postal series i give you this kind of advice because i really want you guys to succeed

Just read the release notes. They added all the levels from the games original expansion pack, added exclusive levels from the Japanese version of the game, more multiplayer shit, suicide is unique based on what weapon you use, better graphics, more achievements. I just bought this. So sick!

This.
You can bet your arses off that the (((media))) will shill postal 4 3 into its grave if it ever would come out.

They fucking thought call of duty / battlefield are too sadistic and violent.
Or l4d1/2, which aren't even humans.

I read some interviews from the company a couple years ago. They planned on making more serious games after Postal, but they never did.

so, you fags beat postal 2+apocalypse weekend+paradise lost all on POSTAL difficulty by now, right? right?

We're not going to incite controversy for the sake of marketing, that much I can guarantee. It's like Vince always says - RWS never set out to offend people or to stir up controversy; we just make games that we think are cool or funny, and they just happen to cause controversy on their own. But we don't want to ride the outrage train to success, that's not what we're in it for.

Grass roots interaction, word of mouth and just focusing on our core audience - the people that we know will actually like our games - is what has gotten us as far as we've gotten, and it will most likely continue to be our main focus, because those are the people that we do this for. We want to make money, obviously, but it matters to us how we do it. If this wasn't what we wanted to do, all of us could have moved on to more lucrative pastures by now.

There is no such thing as bad attention, actually controversy is great because it gives you free marketing, and edgelords will buy it just to be contrary to the media narrative.
The worse thing about game is when nobody is talking about it

Did Joe Mad/his studio actually speak out about some shit?

Cards are always so cheap, that will never make any money.

It's not about the price, it's about the volume. Plus cards means backgrounds and such. Some of those end up going for a couple bucks each, especially if they have animu girls on them. Even if you're only getting a cent per transaction, at 1000 transactions you just made ten bucks for doing nothing. That's why pretty much every indie game seems to have them nowadays.

Thats pretty fucking based, to hold your believes higher than pursuit for money.
Actually i think this mindset is what makes a vidya dev a good dev, not the chase after quick bux but will to create something enjoyable, to make something that other people will like. The vidya market needs more hobbists and less "employees" only caring for the next paycheck.

Thank you for everything you are doing
Stay true to yout ideals and continue to create vidya that you enjoy

I like you.
This reminds me of PC in the early 90s when devs just made games they liked and if others liked it too that was a bonus.

Just played through the update, I was trying to do a no death run on hard mode, but before I knew it i was surrounded by fucking japs shooting at me while screaming what I assume were obscenities at me.

9/10

Actually since the topic of Hatred has come up i found this

looks interesting

i tried to embed but i cannot for some reason
youtube.com/v/266A0sVGqxg&pxtry=3

It's because of the stuff after the &. On Youtube that's usually a playlist or whatever. You don't actually need it to get at the video, and it fucks with embedding.

I'm so sorry. I won't seed though.

Here it is
Not Important simulator now in FPS perspective thanks to the mods

We will, user. You have my guarantee!

There is a special place in hell for people who don't seed their torrents, mate.
It's totally fine - we're gamers too. We know what it's like. But if you're gonna torrent it, at least seed it for others, too!

You could say that he is a bit thick headed

They should release more games so they can actually live off them.

Posting the best 2hu

hey forgive me but I'm torrenting it too, I promise I'll buy it later when I'm less poor and educated

I-I'll pay you back someday! I promise!

I would think that because the game is actually isometric, the hitbox is 2-dimensional.

forgot to add I bought all of them but 3 and the redux of postal

Didn't think I'd see the day where a dev is encouraging piracy but here we are.
I hate you less now

You could just say all three of them user

Fuck the moonman mod

Soon we will have the mod to beat all mods

One of the dudes who made hotline miami told a fan to torrent his game since he couldn't get it in his country. Also, one of them released a patch for a torrent of the game because he didn't want people playing a broken version of his game.

That's fucking awesome!

It's alright, chaps. I'm sure you'd buy the game if you were able to. As long as you're enjoying the game, then I'm happy!

'Encouraging' is putting it a bit strongly, I think. If it comes down to one or the other, obviously I'd prefer that people bought the game. But I'm no stranger to being broke or unable to access games, so I understand pirating and the reasons behind it.

As long as people pirate responsibly - seed your torrents!

Both devs supported it, and they actually went to different trackers and posted support for people with errors.

They blessed all of my native Ausland to pirate is because our cucked ratings board wouldnt let it in.

Notch has done the same with Minecraft, and Dick Masterson does the same with his podcasts. A lot of more indie creators really don't care.

Some devs care too much
twitter.com/jonathan_blow/status/692831051845083137

nah they're cool folk.

I'd just like to pass by to further mourn our eternal lord and savior.