Battleborn Is Officially Going F2P

New thread because the other one is cancer made by a newfag.

archive.is/I9YMx

And Randy Pitchford actually thought this game was going to be the next big E-Sports game.

UPDATE: Randy is running damage control, now denying that Battleborn is NOT going F2P after all.

what a crock of shite

What does he has to say to his journos buttbuddies stabbing him in the back?

I genuinely hope the player numbers do increase. I said the same of Evolve. The reason is I want goons/plebbit users and all the gearbox employees to get their hopes up only to see them dashed. The higher the player numbers go the longer and more painful it will be to see them shrink back to nothing.

Evolve for example lost 90% of its players after going F2P.
(1 - (5,131 [September peak] / 51,099 [July peak])) * 100

Probably because they all got tired of his bullshit promises. I think Colonial Marines was the one that made a lot of them start to hate him.

nothing, he's gonna be in denial that they're still his friends.

The general problem with Battleborn is that many of the players didn't even play it like a MOBA, like 2K and Gearbox wanted it to be. Instead that played it like Call of Duty or TF2. Randy and co. barely marketing the game didn't help matters either.

Also I can confirm. Went to Best Buy and saw it for $20. I almost burst out laughing

If Overwatch blowing them the fuck out is what it takes to put Gearbox down for good, then Blizzard will have managed to do some good this century. Not that it comes close to justifying their continued existence, mind.

You know how Evolve went F2P

The game wasnt the problem

The developers are just really shit

Don't worry, when something goes F2P, be ready to see all the poor BRs and "gamergurlzzzzXD" to join in, play for about 5 seconds and then let it rot in their steam library.

TF2 hasn't gone down that path because it still has a rather loyal fanbase, but because it's around for so long before it got F2P.

See if Blizzard was to make Overwatch F2P, their player base will not decrease because its fucking Blizzard. Gearbox doesn't have a passionate, loyal fan base like Blizzard does so it simply won't work for them.

(Checked)
The players just played it wrong? God damn gamers. Why can no one understand Bitchford's genius?

I'm rather surprised Gearbox is not dead yet, but I feel like Take-Two is supporting them with GTA Online shark card money.

So basically "Its technically going to be free to play but not really" in business talk?

The developed and shilled Overwatch and closed down Nostalrius.
Blizzard will and always will be fucking trash, that goes double for their overloyal overzealous shit eating fanbase.

Borderlands is what is keeping them going. Whenever they make a new Borderlands game, its going to sell. Its too bad, Randy is supposed to be a great magician, but apparently he can't use his magic to fix Aliens Colonial Marines or make Battleborn sell more copies.

I don't even get what he meant by that, but I'm gonna just agree with you.

To be fair, the same thing happened with SMNC - these ASSFAGGOTS shooters didn't do much to explain the importance of things like shooting the AI controlled bots or team fighting, then everyone was confused as to why they were getting the worst scores

Honestly, they should seriously consider making this game free to play. They've already lost their chance to make a profit on this game, and I doubt they've made their short term sales projections. Changing monetization structures now could provide them with the opportunity to simultaneously build their playerbase and recoup some of the financial strain that this game likely burdened the company with.

I won't pay for it because I'm a cheap and petty bastard who doesn't want to give money to the same company that spawned the Burch twins, but I also won't pay for it because it's likely a shitty game. If it were free to play, though, I'd give it a sliver of a chance to subvert my expectations, and in all likelihood I'd drop it after I got bored. That's just me, though. Others might be pleasantly surprised and the game could garner an actual playerbase.

Kill yourself

He's apparently clarifying it by saying the "trial" wont give you access to the full game and it would basically be a demo. I guess they arent quite willing to jump the sinking sink, makes me wonder how much they've invested into the game.

Suicide is the answer

I hope so. But one thing I have learned is that girls never want to play as ugly characters. They are far less tolerant of shit female character design than guys are. I am talking about actual girls though, not SJWs/"jounalists". But if some do show up you are right that they will drop it fast.

What a moronic faggot.

Reminder that the only great game Gearbox has ever made was OP4.

He's a faggot but that is a pretty sick burn.

BTFO'd

don't pick fights with guys six times your size

Now I feel depressed. This guy needs to stop digging himself into a bigger hole.

There's no way Gearbox could match Blizzard's army of shit-eating retards. Or how they put the 'marketing' in viral marketing.

feels good

Holy shit, that makes me wonder, which one of these two feels the vagina when they masturbate?

Blizzard is a terrible company and their fanbase are retarded scum but Battleborn is worse than Overwatch, Battleborn is deeply flawed in almost every respect. I don't think any amount of marketing could change that. A simple example is just how awful the character designs are. Most people, normalfags or otherwise, took one look and were instinctively repulsed.

That's what annoys me. If gaming devs. are trying to appeal to women so much, why aren't they actually doing surveys to see what exactly girls want in a female character? Its more like they'd rather go to a radical feminist like Anita and get her opinion on things.

Battleborn: gameplay is the biggest plus out of them all
everything else aka characters and their voices and the fucking humor that drys right up pretty quick but overall if you can stand the same banter during a match I enjoyed the hell out of it not enough to pay 60 bucks for it but it was fun.

Overwatch: playerbase and only one with a future
gameplay is alright but again nothing to change up each character like battleborn does or paladins but least with that you can balance better then having shit go crazy across the board. hate blizzard but the game has its moments. It just works

paladins: its f2p
honestly battleborn does the character abilities items customization a lot better, its only feature is its f2p and has more players then battleborn

God now you know you're life is pathetic.

Why do you trigger me on purpose?

Pretty much this. They thought that by riding off the tailcoat of Borderlands that it would convince people to buy the game. But they failed to get that people don't want to see poorly designed "LOL SO RANDUM XD" character designs.

Whatever dude, potatoe tomatoe

eeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaeeeeeeeeeeeeee
YAMERU!!!

they don't seem to follow basic design rules. overwatch is a casual as fuck game but it does follow some fucking rules like making it so you can immediately recognize a character and the role they play based off just a silhouette if you're playing the game

battleborn seems to follow no rules and all the characters look like high schooler drawings

Most people still don't know what Battleborn is because they've been bombarded by Overwatch for months on end. Normalfags are easy to distract from their meaningless lives and Blizzard know well enough how easy it is to make people eat whatever shit they put on a plate, their fanbase has been doing it for years after all.

i can't fault blizzard for knowing how to play the advertising game, it mostly baffles me that gearbox even attempted to compete against overwatch when there was clearly no hope in winning that battle even if by some fluke battleborn was actually a good game

I think the word you were looking for was miracle.

They don't want to appeal to women. Everything they do is either virtue signalling or in some cases based on cultural marxism. Actual women wouldn't fit into the narrative they and the media generally try to push.

A good example is toys for young girls. They will almost always want a white princess style doll. The prettier the better. Of course no liberal do-gooder is going to want to hear that so they simply ignore it. It doesn't matter if their product then fails.

This happened because Randy himself micromanaged everything. It was impossible to please him until the character's hands were way too big or their heads absolutely tiny, etc.

My statement about normalfags perceptions of the Battleborn characters is factually correct.

the word anyone would look for doesnt even exist, mate. There was not a way that wouldn't be a massacre.

That's why I like it after I'm done playing hard games

what r u casul

I'm a variety guy

Fuck fighting, though

Still not interested, i would rather play Dirty Bomb again

i would be lying if i said the banter and laughs i get from playing overwatch with buddies is fun, but i won't try to shill it, its a decent little romp of a game

You're missing the point. If you show Battleborn characters to a normalfag then yes, they may comment on how ugly they look but they aren't going to know that this is a character from a particular video game. Battleborn does not exist in their world and if it does, it is a cheap imitation of Overwatch because that is what occupies the CRAPCUNTS slot in their zeitgeist.

Playing the advertising game is 99% of AAA development these days, it's Gearbox's fault for not keeping up. I honestly think that Battleborn is what counts for Bitchford as a passion project, which is why he will be eternally asshurt at its failure

So why not just have non-terrible character designs? Why not increase their chances of success? Did gearbox deliberately make a game with shit characters to prove a point about marketing?

Does it really have to be said that Gearbox has an inflated ego? That they get away with so much stupid shit (Aliens)? That their CEO is a massive faggot who is completely unaware?

I've noticed in all Battleabortion threads they mention the game is shit but not why.

BattleSTILLborn is essentially Borderlands where you can't change weapons, have 3 shitty abilities instead of 1 and have the entire game forced into a shitty CRAPCUNTS-like game which Monday Night Combat did MUCH better five years ago. They took the few good parts of Borderlands, shit on them and expanded the problems.

Cuckbox said they spent like 3x as much time on each character, but that definitely doesn't show. All characters are rip-offs, cliches, archetype or copies of other Battlestillborn characters.

I should add the boss robots/friendly robots are a shitty version of tachikomas (ghost in the shell spider like robots)

This is interesting. Keep it coming user.

The only good thing they ever did was make expansions for Half Life and that's it, they should've stick with that.

If you've ever payed attention to Gearbox, you'd know that Randy has a massive ego. He's the one who refused to believe there was anything wrong with Aliens Colonial Marines when every single review site and gamer said there was.

Randy also seriously thought Stillborn was going to be the next big E-sport title and that it was going to get so much attention. Him purposely releasing the game around the same time as Overwatch was him trying to prove that people were going to realize Stillborn will be the better game.

And, as you've seen by his tweets, he's once again trying to deny he's making the game F2P, while at the same time saying that it will be going F2P. Randy's ego is just too big to allow him to tell himself that he is wrong and that he made a mistake.

She's more like:

>The edgy rebel kid (that has summoned a djinn and throws a boomerang) It's suppose to be a she

Paladins is only a week old and already has 700k more players than Battleborn. No, Gearbox, Battleborn just fucking sucked.

I can't believe still they actually thought Battleborn would sell more than Overwatch. They tried to make the game more like a MOBA sure, but they failed to take in the fact that players constantly would go off on their own and do their own thing instead of working together

With any luck Paladins will make sure Battleborn has 2 failed launches.

and because of that, all those MOBA like mechanics you added in the game were for nothing. They should have made the game maybe 60% MOBA 40% FPS

That depends if Hi-Rez doesn't fuck up another game again. Their track record isn't that good besides SMITE

even the characters names suck

wat

So in all their (((DIVERSITY))) talk, they've made character that are in no way original and are just shallow and one dimensional. Some of these characters seem like they took an afternoon to come up with (Montana the TF2 heavy).

One of the stupidest thing is how they handled the character unlocks, do challenges or grind your level meaning newer players are up against characters they can't use. The matchmaking is shit, level plays no part and there is no ELO/MMR/anything to determine rank. Five low level pubs can go against a pre-made team of five max level 100's

Fuck me, forgot the images.

The gear system is a Borderlands tier grindfest, mind you this is suppose to be a competitive esports game.

Gear and gear packs drop from playing, you can equip 3 in your loadout. They are your "paid" upgrades, you earn crystal shards when playing and upgrade anytime anywhere when you have enough (which is just stupid).

To be competitive you gotta grind your gear.

I think I hate that "elf" most of all. It reminds me of the baby from Kingdom. Such an ugly face too with that tiny deformed chin. Foul, unsettling and really gross to a creepy level.

todd…

You have limited storage in your bank, don't worry you can buy upgrades.

Gear backs can be bought with non-paid currency, doing all the campaigns on normal got me around 300 credits for 30-40min of play.

The three extremely overpriced ingame characters can be bought via the season pass™

Now for the cost of the microtransactions

The texture change skins cost 420 Platinum ($2.40 USD)
The SLIGHT remodeled skins 700-1000 Platinum ($4.00-$5.71 USD)

No no, its goes like this:

-Battleborn is shit with no community
-Half decent shilling
-Full price

-Overwatch is shit with and the developer has a sizeable autistic community
-Overblown fuckhuge shilling/marketing
-Full price

-Paladins is shit with some core audience thats autistic
-Free
-Half decent shilling

Thats pretty much it and you're a retard for buying/playing any of these game, Overcuck.

Almost forgot

The taunts are 230 Platinum ($1.99 USD)

Every time you level up, you get a choice between 2 upgrades. For some upgrades you get a 3rd choice which you need to grind to unlock, of course.

Blunderstillborn is far worse than Monday Night Combat, there are several grind and paywalls blocking off players being on the same initial level. Cuckbox wanted to make an esport yet have no idea how to make anything but a PvE loot grindfest, which obviously shows. There isn't enough of a gameplay difference and difference in roles to warrant all these shit characters.

I still can't believe they so blatantly stole tachikomas which they used multiple times.

I wonder how long this story will last.

About one minute. He contradicts himself in that second tweet.

Sorry can't be bothered to webm it

"Check Out My New Look! :D"

Why would you buy this shit and its DLC when Paladins and OverWatch in the market? They are both cheaper and pleasing to the eye.

yeah you fat dying cunt, that's why people don't like battleborn.

He then spent the last 40 minutes of the podcast shitting on every single game that's been released on steam in a week based purely on their names, or concepts.

This is the first episode of this show I ever gave a shot, why do people listen to this insufferable cunt? As if he wasn't bad enough his cohosts are a cackling grrrlgamer and a memespouting manchild with the voice of a 9 year old girl.

IT'S NOT GOING F2P
THAT IS A RECKLESS STATEMENT
ITS A FREE TRIAL
WHERE YOU GET THE WHOLE
GAME BUT MUST BUY CHARS
TOTALLY NOT F2P SHITLORD

I don't like stillborn and randy but I'd rather trust randy than cucktaku

This sounds familiar

You could say that their Gearbox is broken.

Am I the only one to have thought of pic related seeing his helmet? His character design is like some sort of awful combination of Issac Clarke's armors in Dead Space 2 and a Mjolnir VI GEN2 armor in Post-Halo Halo.

At least soon you'll be able to play Battleborn with the only cost being your dignity

Randy's damage control already confirmed it though

Also, it seems to be even less popular in Europe.

I'd kill just for a PC port of Anarchy Reigns just so the online wouldn't be dead.

I've paid no attention to Battleborn before this. Why is everything so ugly? Was that a conscious design choice? Like the lead just sat down and directed the art team to make everything look like garbage?

This was early in the games life and I'm not sure if they ever resolved this. Selling a game as an e-sport when even the game can dip below the 20 fps is pretty unacceptable if you're aiming to make a sport out of it. Also, most fights end up like those old cartoon fights where they are just a giant cluster of clouds and things are flying out.

I remember seeing gameplay in the early launch where it could end in a tie because if the mode, you'd have to destroy the other opponents mech and they were a bullet sponge and could also fight back so you might whittle it down some but still not win the game if you don't destroy the first bar of the mech. If it ended in no mech life bars getting destroyed, I think they awarded the winner to the one who killed the most enemies instead of the current life of the mechs. And a round only last 30 minutes so you could fight for 30 minutes and still not win because of some arbitrary ruling. On the other side of the spectrum, I saw one guy able to take down one mech because he was a very far distant away that the mech couldn't attack and everyone was dicking around killing each other.

Battleborn would have been better as a free-to-play but just went down the Evolve route and trying to charge money for something that clearly just not a fully priced game and paying the price for it in the end.

They brought their Borderlands sensibilities to the art and humor of the game. I sometimes get this confused with the other moba game Gigantic.