/ogc/ - Racing Vidya Thread - Straya, cunt! edition

Steam Group: steamcommunity.com/groups/autogamescoalition
Wiki: ogc.wikia.com/wiki/OGC_Wikia
Mumble:
Address: 8v.servers.moe
Port: 64738

Playing The Crew? Add your uplay name to the list to race with us:
docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSepEGcLRmODiyFZwWpDDB6rdMHaAm-TMjlsbEOpAOzDA_kMTA/viewform
To add others, check here;
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ibxzGQ8J0LWpYXcmn0cXHoLos4d50SXSBBm6OCbwsfA/edit

Playing Forza Horizon 3? Join our club:
Tag: 8ogc
Name: Auto Games Coalition

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst73310_Important-Windows-10-Update.aspx
github.com/bigsnake09/BallisticNG/releases/download/DLC/BallisticNG.DLC.-.2097.Anniversary.zip
thecrew-game.ubi.com/portal/en-US/newslist/details.aspx?c=tcm:152-267467-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32
youtube.com/watch?v=tG7W4QxJNfc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

In case you missed the last episode..

lets fix that
CTS-V > M5

The Crew is ==SHIT==
SHIT
SHIT
SHIT
Complete and utter ==SHIT==

Shit game.

That's because Australia sucks. It should have been in Japan so I could go 100% weeb.

I'd like to disagree with you, but we've been going down the shitter as of late and I really can't.

If it makes you feel any better, we all suck. The western world isn't exactly in the best place right now.

The Crew would be much better if you could perform heists in it. Especially a train heist

Hi all,

Today Microsoft released an update for Windows 10 that addresses a problem that would cause the full game to be downloaded again during our next planned update to Forza Horizon 3. All Windows 10 players are strongly encouraged to download the update immediately to avoid being impacted.

In addition this Windows 10 update also adds in support for Fanatec wheels in both Forza Motorsport 6: Apex and Forza Horizon 3.

If you aren’t sure what version of Windows 10 you have, follow these 3 simple steps:

Hit the Windows Key + R
Type Winver in the run command text box and hit OK
Look at the dialog screen revealing the OS build and registration info
The version you should see is Version 1607, OS Build 14393.222.

If your Windows 10 Version and OS Build numbers do not match the above, follow these steps to download the latest version:

Open your Settings app
Select Windows Update
Click “Check for Updates”
Install the available Windows Update
Restart your PC

Thanks,
Brian

forums.forzamotorsport.net/turn10_postst73310_Important-Windows-10-Update.aspx

updates will brake your fucking game.

Thanks Brian!
Can you help me get windows 11?

What is the point of those Faction Spoils missions in The Crew? They advertise "Special Rewards" but all I got was some money and "Smart Loot"

if you are talking about what i think you are i tried one of those missions it was a race from one end of the mountain states to the other. it was a 30 minute long race. i only got 30,000 for winning it's not worth it.

Anyone here still play the pre-Underground NFSs?

why is grid 2 better than grid 1 again?

also it will give you more faction money when you log in

*other way around

i wasn't all that impressed by either of the grid games

It FH3 any good? It doesn't look particularly good graphics wise but maybe handling more than makes up for that?

Its Horizons

The graphics are bloody fucking beautiful. But on the sliding spectrum between simulation and Mario Kart, Horizons has always been more Simcade

its not, its not as good as the first one. i really seems like they missed the fucking point. the festival was just a background thing in the first game, this game you are trying to make it "bigger" because you are the boss of the festival .

it takes the wind out of your sails because the first one was about being a no body then slowly becoming some one that everyone talked about. this game everyone is kissing your ass from the first cutscene. they really don't give two shits if you end up in 1st or 6th in any race. (this is most likely why the reviewers liked it) but for me the game feels pointless.

just ordered initial d extreme stage, i hope my dad likes it

wish these tracks would get redone in something
so much fun off track shit

I'm honestly glad it isn't set in japan so I wouldn't have to buy an Boned or upgrade to a spybot just to sate my lust for TXR

You know considering the 510 is an actual gang I'm surpised there aren't any heists. Not even one involving black Civic's with green neon knocking over trucks.

Is it?

Oh, it's been a while since I've played 1 but having played 2 I can say that it's rewind mechanic is worse, and I noticed the car physics pivot around the center (if you're up against something or some one it's stupidly hard to get away from them)

Check to see if there's something for trackmania, seems likely.

Thanks Brian.

People actually use rewind? I only had to turn it on during the showcase events in 3 because the port is so bad that the game becomes borderline unplayable during them specifically. I see no reason to use them if the framerate is actually solid, like it is in normal races. I mean you even get 15% more credits for turning it off. Don't you want them shiny credits that the floods you with anyway?

that the game floods you with*

He's talking about Grid, not Forza (which stole rewind from Grid). There's no way to turn off the rewind in Grid and there's no cash to race for. Only reason to use it in Forza is when you want to make AI fuck up.

Also this might be unrelated but this is the most racing game song that's not actually in a racing game right?

Oh, in that case wasn't Grid's rewind the same as Dirt's rewind?
Also making the AI fuck up in Forza is always a fun time. I remember back in Forza 3 where the AI would fly off the track if you were on their tail for longer than 3 seconds.

In before it pulls a parts pack out of its ass even with 0% chance of dropping.

I hate the physics in the game, this happens more than it should. Very annoying in missions.

Any idea on how to change The Crew's horrendous handling?

turn off the assistance shit

options -> control -> top thing
try hardcore first and if it's too much do sport

Multiplayer is out get the fuck in here.

I'd like to point out even if you turn off or lower the assistance in The Crew, vehicles still handle like shit. I think someone brought it up in the last thread how the handling in this game is center-point or some shit and not actually relative to your vehicle, so you will always get that feel that you car kinda slides in place before actually turning and have wide turns that commercial trucks make.

Can I transfer my save game from a cracked Dirt Rally to a Steam version?

0.5 is out! - Multiplayer in open beta
29 SEPTEMBER - BEARDED SNAKE
For the past month I've been working on two DLC tracks for the game to celebrate that today is the 20th birthday of Wipeout 2097. These two tracks have been designed to look and feel like tracks that could have been in Wipeout 2097! A download link for these two tracks can be found below.

ABOUT
As part of that release, 0.5 is being released early as the tracks for those DLC rely on updated systems in the game that weren't present in the last 0.4 release. Multiplayer for the standard branch is disabled as it's not quite ready yet, but if you want to jump in and try it ahead of time then check out the unstable branch where an open beta for multiplayer is currently happening. The team and myself hope you all have fun with the new and updated tracks, the new drag ships and the new pickups. If you've got friends unlike us, be sure to also try out splitscreen!

Also be sure to check out the new track creator, which can be accessed from the modding tools section of the menu. It's not finished yet, but it's more then usable and you should be able to create some layout prototypes that you can instantly play test. For help on that, see the documentation button in the help menu in the editor.

If you try out the multiplayer beta then please be sure to leave feedback in the new multiplayer dicussion board, the more feedback we get the faster we can get multiplayer out of the beta!

2097 20th Anniversary DLC Download:
github.com/bigsnake09/BallisticNG/releases/download/DLC/BallisticNG.DLC.-.2097.Anniversary.zip

And as always, here's the list of changes:
Changelog:
Notice: All leaderboards have been reset
Engine:
- Added performance and ship stats listing (press F1 to cycle these)
- Weapon prefabs are now loaded into memory to stop hiccups when loading them
- Updated game to Unity 5.4
- AI rotation is now much smoother

Audio:
- Added 2 new songs from ShiftDelete
- Added 4 new songs from Shem
- A bunch of existing songs have been updated
- Mp3 support for custom music has been added, .wav files will still continue to work
- Music playback is now continuous across tracks
- Updated menu music and added more music that can be chosen to the menu
- All voice lines have been rerecorded
- Survival mode now has an ambient background sound that increases in pitch the more zones you pass

Gameplay:
- Added splitscreen
- 2280 changes:
* In time trial your shield energy will now constantly regenerate
* The afterburner and pitlane is now disabled
* Dropping an item will absorb it and give you a small amount of shield energy back
* You will respawn instantly
* E-Pack pickup is disabled
- Nerfed hyperthrust
- Added Turbo Pickup (2280 mode exclusive)
- Added Wormhole pickup
- Added tremor pickup
- Added drag ships
- Added Cassandra
- Remade 0x001, 0x002 and Ishtar Citadel
- Replaced Aciknovae with new WIP version (old version can be found in the vault section)
- 2097 ship handling is now much more accurate
- The surival ship has had a number of performance tweaks, primarly removing drifting from the airbrakes to allow for precise steering in

higher zones

Visual:
- Updated Tenrai Livery
- Added categories to the track menu
- Cockpits now flicker when ships take damage
- Added notification to HUD to tell you which song is currently playing
- The HUD will now show you how far in front or behind you are in seconds when passing checkpoints
- Updated leaderboard design
- Survival mode now has a death animation

Other Additions:
- Added Track Creator

Fixes:
- Fixed not being able to pause after rebinding controls
- Fixed infinite menu loops
- Fixed transparency issues in Marina Rush
- Fixed race position being wrong when in junctions
- Prototype ship textures now work

Can't believe it manages to be worse than GTAIV.

Any idea on how to do the crate missions? I keep on failing them.

My autism can't handle this. If you're going to make a game set outside of America, it wouldn't kill you to do some basic research.

America also requires front license plates though.

In America it depends on the state. A lot of states only require rear plates

Someone help, I need pics of Forza 5 crowds.

Pretty sure what happens is that they deployed a beta update on like the 100 MB game binary and stood in awe as the Store started downloading 49 GB for no other reason than bandwidth is fun.

Try to map some sort of path using the zoomed out map view, follow it using the unzoomed map view because otherwise you'll have a hard time finding all the crates.

Are there any good singleplayer racing games?
I've never liked racings games but want to try some

But the real question is, when is the FH3 update going to be released?

Been doing some test runs with Dolphin lately on my Budget Beast.

I'm in a huge classic Burnout mood, especially Burnout 2.

Still getting some kinks out

Rush 2049 Dreamcast is just that damn good.

Thank you anons, those were exactly the same 8 people I was looking for.

thread deleted from page 3?

Is Australia really west?

it's in east but in winter it's summer so it negates out to west

So, when will FH3 pull a Quantum Break and release on steam due to extremely low appstore sales?

Don't worry, people are working on a crack

still trying to get the wheel settings right it just feels … off no matter what i do

F1 games are on sale.

From 2010 to 2014 which one of them is worth getting? Or should i just pick an old Grand Prix game from internet?

Western culture, technically speaking.

It's to the west from America so it's west.

Sounds like they only managed to decrypt the game files, probably still a very long way to an actual crack. The dude that did this decryption posted a video in which the EFS-less game just CTDs after the intro videos.

And then there's the whole always online situation. From the testing I've done to try to reset my save data, the game checks for a working internet connection (presumably a license/update check of sorts):
- on the initial splash screen (CTD without net)
- after the two intro logos (CTD without net)
- on the press A/Enter to start screen (xbox game sync failure)
- after you press A/Enter (unable to update error, CTD, open store to FH3)
- when the game loads (save data recovered from the cloud, bypasses the xbox game sync dialog to much of my frustration when trying to reset the game)
And for some reason in the first bit of tutorial where you hire a Drivatar, no one spawned until I restarted the game with my ethernet cord plugged in so another network check on your Xbox friends list around this time is definitely plausible.

Still, even if no one cracks the game (remember The Crew?) a version that works without EFS and/or without the heavy data scrambling might be a good way to test the impact of Microsoft's data protection system. I am convinced EFS has a trivial performance impact (Apex uses it and runs very, very well) but I'm not that sure about the scrambling.

"the west" is non russian white people . its left over cold war double speak

2010 has a very good career mode
2011 is a lot like 2010
2012 is ok, but loses the good career mode
2013 is like 2012 but with a historic car DLC
2014 is a bit less interesting, it's 2013 with different cars

2010 and 2011 are GFWL, so if you live in a third world shithole make sure GFWL is available in your region

If I were to only pick one, it would be 2010. It aged pretty well, and the career mode itself is very immersive and fun. Just beware, it has GRID-levels of colors. Which means none.

Thank you user, i was hoping for that since it is cheaper

I've played 12 online matches of ballisticng.
I'm yet to lose a race.
What the fug

hax

Nobody seems to know that you get a speed boost if you start the race with your throttle at 75%

I didn't but I played like 2 hours
Is there actually some hint about that?

I'm not sure, I found out about it in wipeout3 a year ago, after playing it since release on the ps1, and tried it in ballisticng. It's in guides and stuff, pretty sure it's also in the hint flashes during the loading screen.

What are some good games for a beginner if I want to get into sim track racing?

Project Cars or Assetto Corsa.

thecrew-game.ubi.com/portal/en-US/newslist/details.aspx?c=tcm:152-267467-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32
THE GRIND MACHINE NEVER STOPS

Not quite video games but /o/ is kind of dead:

Has anyone driven a Smart Roadster? I've seen it and thought it looked like a fun go-kart, but the transmission was apparently god awful. Not like it really matters given I can't import into it to the US.

Jesus fucking christ the only thing making leveling bearable was the fact you could grind vehicles out to level 45 gold parts then start the shitty Smart Loot sytem

Wasn't that already the case?

Nope, that's why people grind jump skills for hours. But if this means winning a 2 hour long faction missions is the gateway to lvl 60 diamond parts then it's good.

Huh. I always get stickers and colour parts from jumps, rarely anything else, while any worthwhile ones have given actual parts.

idk then, I thought it was random because I'm pretty sure I got a few level 50 plat parts from skills but maybe I'm wrong

So, will you be able to go fater than before, or did they just nerf the previous levels?
Or are all these "upgrades" just superficial bullshit that don't actually do anything?

Jumps and Hill Climbs are infamous for giving shit. Do Escapes, they are more likely to give parts.

faster

I really need to proofread my posts.

It hasn't been made clear yet, though I'd expect them to have nerfed the previous levels. Otherwise, ooh boy level 60 diamond drag specs are going to be sanic fast

or just not care about something as small as that. no one else sure as fuck does.

Found my old crash cd, not working anymore.

I just now noticed that rage.com redirects to bethsoft.com.

post old favorites time?

AAAAAAAAAA

Sort of. The only activity nerfed was jumps which is why people stuck to Escape 31 for grinding parts.

(Checked)
Well, maybe they made it so really long and/or hard missions will give you parts better than a +3

I was constantly hitting +10 or more on parts drops, at least until reaching the high 1200s. What I do know is that these proposed level 60 parts having all bonuses attached are going to kill car builds such as 100% config parts.

I don't usually play racing games but i realized that i have no racing vidya on my hard disk at all. I'm especially looking for drift heavy games where i can blast eurobeat in the background. Rally or urban doesn't matter, i take all.

They may as well make the game completely F2P at this rate considering how bad the grind is going to get.

wonder how much calling all units will be on release

$10-$15
Maybe $20
Nobody actually played the Crew after the release week or so, only now there's some people flooding in because hey free game that you get to keep and shit. I won't be surprised if they actually decide to keep it free and just sell DLCs for it

So Forza has been stuck on a loading screen for like 10 minutes now, it hasn't crashed since the radio station is still playing. Anyone else getting that?

emulate ridge racer games

Outrun 2006 Coast to Coast,try to get the hang of drifting and you're good to go

I remember Juiced 2 having the tailing thing as a mechanic and it would just make the events where you don't crash a joke.

You kinda answered your own question, there are a fair number of Initial D games you can play, particularly on on PSP and ps2. Speaking of PS2 emulation, mandatory pic related.

Just want to add to avoid emulating Ridge Racer V since it doesn't work too well. The rest are fine though.

Speaking from experience playing FNV, the radio working means shit. If it's taking an abnormally long time loading then it's crashed and you need to restart. If it takes a long time loading then your computer (RAM and VRAM in particular) may just not be up to the task.

Well the initial load is fine, and I'm able to drive to where the second festival is, but the infinite loading happens after I choose the free muscle car.

Strange, is that the only spot it happens? It it trying to load in the model? Perhaps the installation fucked up and you need to reinstall. I don't actually have the game or Spybot10 so I can only offer the bare minimum troubleshooting.

Yeah that seems to be the only spot it happens. I'd rather not do a complete reinstall since the game is over 40GB.

Doubly strange, does the car showroom work fine? Also holy fuck 40gb? See if Google brings up anything cause I'm not able to think of anything.

It was some magical bonding, I tell you.

Yeah, Everything else works fine, it's only when I try to open that second festival that problems happen.

25 eurobux currently on ubi store FR. Still no real idea of what the content will be except more missions like the final one from the campaign so definitely not worth it so far.

49 GB to be exact

That may sound stupid but did you try different free cars? I've had an issue once where the game would crash if I tried to play with my M4, but switching to the R8 allowed me to play just fine and the M4 eventually stopped crapping its pants. Event Viewer had crash data related to corrupt textures.

I thought that too, but I didn't try it as I assumed it would end up the same. I'll give it a shot though.

So, after restarting the game a few times, it loaded in both the festival and the car selection fine, whereas before it would take a few minutes to load in the festival and then infinitely load the post-car selection.

Are there games where I can ride one of these bad boys around?

wonder how many people bought this ugly xbone

how did those dailies go

How badly do you think the police chases will blow?

muhh nigg

Remember these? Probably not, but those that do may remember we used to run live races on rFactor about a year ago just as a fun exhibition thing involving touring cars. We did run a shitbox night afterwards later in the year also just for fun.

Reason I bring this up is that I've been thinking that if there's enough interest in it, to bring back the old nights of just dicking around in random ass cars and racan in rFactor as an easy entry level event. I know the high tech kiddos like their Assetto Corsa and other shiny racing games, but none match the amount of content and toaster capability that rFactor 1 did. It's also really easy to buy cheaply or illegitimately acquire so it's not hard to track down a copy.

If people want to try out live races in a more relaxed environment than serious leagues like on race2play or halfchan let me know.

Getting an Xboner (since I use Linux, fuck Windows 10) and Forza Horizon 3 tomorrow. What am I in for?

Disappointment because you bought a console for one game, you retard.

I'm also getting Forza Horizon 2, Forza 6, Halo MCC+5, and a few other games.

It's going to cost me $250 before tax for a new Xbone S with Halo MCC and Halo 5.

My friend wants to play it with me.

Disregard your friend and just play Halo ODST instead. Halo 4 and 5 are The Force Awakens series rape tier tier with 5 being the videogame form of Batman v Superman.

Halo 5's multiplayer looks alright, I'm not talking about the campaign. Anyway, what I really want is the MCC and the bundle with that just also comes with Halo 5.

Also I'm not gonna dualboot Windows 10, since it actively fucks with grub settings. Fuuuck that.

You can boot on bootmgr and chain grub from there :^)

This car is so brilliant. Got some old CMR vibes.

t-thanks

I have like 6 of the horizon edition cars already from wheel spins. Wonder what MS knows.

at least it's the MazdaSpeed NB version.

I've got 0 and I've been playing since last friday. Probably somewhere around 20 hours.

The '99 Lancer is probably the best car in the game in my opinion. With the rally bodykit it's fast and drives incredibly well on all surfaces.

I have it, it's not bad but a downgrade compared to the playstation 2 version (Special Stage? if I recall correctly it was the title). Also make sure you have a wheel and play with manual transmission or half the fun goes away
Protip: get the Subaru as your first car, with a level 3 engine I have almsot beaten Takumi

What level are you? I'm already over level 100 and I've gotten a ton of spins. Also I spent half of my 2 million credits on rolls. (You can buy rolls for 50,000 credits after you get a certain perk.)

That explains it then. I'm only 35 or something. I guess I've been progressing terribly slowly in the grand scheme of things. I like to just drive around without a real goal.

That's fine. Looking at our club, even though there are only 6 members, I seem to be the only one in the triple digit levels. I love doing rivals mode and hot lapping which is experience central. Especially with an XP boost car which doubles the base XP you get from any race/rivals run.

Can I hug this person? He's got tippy top tier taste.

Nice, that's so far the only car I got in a wheelspin. Also, a stupid amount of low cash prizes totally disappointing after 10 minutes of figuring out how to jump onto a rock for a 20k XP board.

I don't think I've unlocked clubs yet, I'm wasting too much time just driving around discovering roads and smashing signs (mostly to try and bring down the stupid cost of fast travelling)

Well when you do unlock clubs, our's is in the OP. It would be nice to have more members. I'll probably start coming up with multiplayer events when (if) all the current problems with the game get patched.

It's like after the 3rd or 4th site expansion. You can't miss it.

I really don't like how the 037 handles in this game, maybe I haven't got it tuned right or something but it just doesn't want to stick to the road in rally spec like the others do. What a shame since it's one of my favorite cars as well.

When do I unlock the 4th site for my festival? I have outback, city and coast unlocked but I'm missing the rainforest. I'm at ~1.5m fans.

2 million I think.

Any of you made any skins? I logged in today and this had happened. It's for the very first skin I made and uploaded yesterday for the heck of it.

wow nice, what skin is that?

Has to be this one. It's the only skin that's at 5 stars. Rest are just 2-3. I spent maybe 5 minutes on this when I started. I'm guessing it's popular beacuse it's one of the first cars you get and people just pick the first skin on the list to get back to playing. I probably got lucky a few times and then it snowballed and got pushed to the top so it started getting downloads because of that.

because in a game with so many illegal activities your character is going to bother with plates

are crate missions the new "YOU JUST HAD TO FOLLOW THE FUCKING TRAIN CJ"? they're extremely easy and i never failed one

by the way sport provides you a performance advantage. The higher settings will have the car turn for you but not completely so it only fucks with your gameplay but on sport it enables things like traction control or ABS brakes

Congrats

They're just boring and often times on places where the car is able to lose stability potentially missing crates. It's basically a glorified smash skill.

This game is good at making you crash if you aren't gud.

What the fuck is happening in that webm? Is it dropping frames and rubberbanding because of that or am I just seeing things?

Could be worse (pics)

So does FH3 not have a dixie horn? I want to put it on my weeb'd out charger

fuck you too, game

What's the appeal of playing a racing game if you can't die?

Just wait for My Summer Car.

there is still no game were you can dismember a person even remotely realistically

No, Fraps freezes up for me in Dirt Rally. That was one of the only half decent captures I could salvage.

btw I made an /ogc/ vinyl group if you're too lazy to make one yourself

Nigga, it's as easy as installing OBS Studio

OBS is probably the best thing you wish you had gotten earlier. Fuck Shadowplay, and especially fuck Fraps.

What about MSI Afterburner?

Needs an anime girl.

rFactor. That's like the only good one tbh. Gran Turismo pre-5 if you want simcade.

Pretty good, though stick a single blue triangle at the bottom of the star so the red/white line is flush.

It's a condensed version of second picture I made, which is actually from an anime if you can figure it out.

They sayin I like dudes?

I decided to do a minor update to the bars, in order to make it more accurate with the source material.

See;

The answer is yes.

Well I guess I do like traps.

Microsoft knows all.

Also I now only save up money for more spins. It's the most fun way to get cars.

SVG when?
Also is it just me or are pixel borders much easier to spot under blue?

Whenever I can figure out how to export to an SVG that doesn't look like total ass.

But who should the girl be?

Either a Holla Forums or /o/ board-tan dressed as a race queen. Or some random anime slut.

Vivian nigger

vivian would get flagged most likely

Why not invent /ogc/ tan?

just have that purple snake girl from monster girl quest.
Also go play ballistic NG you niggers

monte carlo worst rally location? always that one snow/ice section that isn't any fun.

gravel best,

How are you niggers going to forget best race queen?

Just got my wheel to work with NeGcon supported PSX games. RRT4 is way harder when I actually have to pay attention to how hard I turn instead of just turning my brain off to make the turn. Rage Racer is also a bitch to drift in, holy shit. Open-world Ridge Racer game the size of Horizon, when?

Oh damn I hadn't noticed this bit, was too focused on the lines. I'll do an update.

.>>10862117

Don't worry about it, it's a pretty easy fix overall to do, just slap a blue polygon over the red/white so it's flush with the star's line. If you want the exact colors I used, here they are.

how about you play with my cock

Also if you want to go full autism mode with the stripes, there's 10 red bars and 9 red bars with the red bars on the edges of the image.

10 red bars, 9 white bars. This is what happens when I try to think at 4 in the morning.

Yeah I had the lines covered, thanks for the colors.

Pretty sure you meant niggers and/or kikes.

Looks good, you should publish it on the market or whatever. They might have higher playercounts, but they don't have our level of OC.

It's already posted
tbh they ported most of their ironic sponsors logo and those are hilarious

Never seen the Mustang one, looks decent in a horribly 90's kitsch VCR tape rewinder way The Audi leather wrapped controller still looks supremely comfortable

I put some though into it and the only games I can think that let you have novelty horns you can choose Burnout Paradise General Lee knock-off has La Cucaracha horn (Which incidentally is what inspired the Dixie horn of the General Lee) and some of the cars in Simpsons Hit and Run have different horns but those are just part of the cars are in ChoroQ. Meanwhile ITC (And maybe a TXR game) is the only game I can think of that lets you change the regular horn. And GTA V.

Does /o/ even have a board-tan? The only ones I can think of are a crotchety old mechanic or a greaser and those were never really official and were just background characters for other boards projects.

If we do make one I propose making her a rockabilly chick

Or Nagase, not like we have much in terms of choice for girl racing characters Only other one is Amy from NFS '15

Someone saved my first /ogc/ oc **Noice

Every thread

these things are just made to catapult themselves once they turn

We will need to debate on hair color, what she wears, height, age etc

Same here. I keep getting credits.

I'm ok with credits as long as it's not 2k because that feels like being robbed

why is 2k, 5k and 10k even an option?

You're not a queer are ya?

instant boner

Clearly Clownpiece.

I was going for an 80s miami style but I guess I'll be scrapping that for camo and swastikas now

Well I have no problem with credits but I have a feeling that I used to have more chances of winning a car in Forza 6 than in FH3.

I made a shitty job on this car but it was either this or pink

it's like they hate cars or something.

nigger kid of disapproval

Why can't we have nice things.

Like rainbows, rainbows are fucking awesome and now if I like them people think I'm a fag.

Take back our cool shit

Why not rainbow Swastikas?

Like cocks, dicks are fucking awesome and now if I like them people think I'm a fag.

Take back our cool shit

do you want to take those things back or do you want to take those things in the back

So I started playing Blur again. Game is comfy

preddy gay user

also where spoiler

for a second i thought the second guy's dick was a x-ray of the first guy's dick and that he also put his balls in the boipussy
now i wonder is there any porn where balls go in bagina

Like swastika, swastika are fucking awesome and now if I like them people think I'm a Nazi.

Take back our cool shit

Glad to see /ogc/ going back to it's roots.

I really liked rainbows as a kid and wanted to buy shoelaces that were rainbow colored, and my mom had to educate me about homosexuality and how people would probably think I was a fag if I wore it. And of course the problem has only gotten worse over time so I never got those rainbow shoelaces. Fucking gays. Just stick to fucking each other in the ass and wearing tight leather, you don't need a goddamn symbol that removes hetero's right to enjoy the color spectrum.

Source?

Then why don't we hijack the colors user? Take back what is rightfully ours? The power of kek is yours to wield if you truly commit.

good grief what a piece of shit. I'm probably not the best driver ever, but this car is just a loud tire destroyer

I have someone in my town that drives an ugly ass car painted that same shade of green with purple rims and purple vinyls that say "gay life" on them.

i can't help but hate the car in your picture because of that.

yeah , its a Viper.. shit is a widow maker

you are using Manual transmission right?

right?

because only a fucking 8 year old autistic vegtable would use automatic.

I need a wheel
with force feedback and a 6 gears shifter
used is ok
what's the cheapest option?

I change cars every 10 to 15 minutes and there are some 350 cars or more in the game. I'm not going to be comfortable with shifting gears in a race setting with the accuracy I want. Fuck yes I'm playing on automatic at least until I've finished most of the content and have found the niche I want to drive in with the few cars I like.

a used G27, G29 or G920

So?
oh so you're a pussy then?
A big floppy meat vagina that could never handle a real car.
That's like saying "Yes I'm gay, yes I love cocks, I love them in my mouth and I want to be face fucked all day by big fat greasy cocks" or "Yes, please, fuck my girlfriend, I could never please her with my 3 inch prick"

Heres some advice:
GROW A DICK, DRIVE STICK

Theres a reason they call it MANual.

never get a used controller

wheel + gear shifter will never be cheap. you can get away with just a wheel withshift-plates

doesn't come with a gear shiftier you need to buy one for it.

most people have G27s but newer games are dropping support for it, it's just … old, its 6 year old tech

Which track is more demanding to car and driver: Le Mans or Nordschleife?

Also, how do rally drivers and their cars get to the next stage? I have watched Corsica race and on the map they showed the stages were quite a distance away? Do they use trucks and transport the drivers with service cars?

Not him but it's pretty much a proven scientific fact that automatic trasmission is more efficient than manual at handling gears shift and cars.
There's a reason they use sequential in actual real life F1, hardest driving in the world.

Yes, yes I am. But the amount of wheelspin is just too stupid to even bother.

They drive. WRC cars are road legal.

Some modern automatic transmissions are, not all of them. Besides, sequential and automatic are two different worlds.

But it's quite ironic that our manuel transmicion shitposter uses a picture of a GTR, as these cars were well known for their tricky computerized drivetrain which is like the total opposite of what you should seek in a manuel.

Or was it some sort of logical fallacy?

Some is big enough if we're talking racing cars, not every day commuting.
And even then, I live in a traffic heavy city and having an automatic is my dream I'm just too poor to afford it.
Having to stay still for 40 minutes and playing between 1st and 2nd, 1st and 2nd OCCASIONALLY going to 3rd and further when we finally make it out from the city ring is a choire.

Science is for faggots, I only understand the precum that leaks from my dick when I feel the rumble of a V8

then fucking kill yourself because theres no point in you even living anymore if you're going to be this fucking useless.

I can't believe this story you're telling me, it's macabre!

Got mub Xbone yesterday. How do I design car skins for FH3?

tbh it's a trash car and I'm not going to bother with it anymore
got back in the E34 and I've been doing skids it's much more fun

here have it in webm form

have you actually watched through the gay porn videos those things come from? i did

Only in high end models like Porches Dual Clutch are they definitely better then humans. But in your average shit box with a rightly named slushbox, a regular manual beats it every day.

Learn some art techniques and apply them the best you can to the livery editor.

Try watching some of this guy's stuff and you'll pick up on some things.
youtube.com/watch?v=tG7W4QxJNfc

I did too, but only ironically so it's not homo

We're talking about video games here. The manual/automatic retard slapfight is better served on places like halfchan o. The fact of the matter is that if you've ever driven a real car, you'd know that all the feedback you base your gear changes on are completely missing from a simcade game like FH3.

You don't need to try so hard to fit in.

It's a shame NFS 2015 is so meh, because the vinyl editor was pretty good.

I did post Nagase. That's her from RR3D.

Never buy used. If you just want cheap, get a G29/G920 and the H-gate shifter. Reasonable price for that is $250-$300 total on the US version of Amazon.

yeah, how the fuck are you going to apply the most amount of torque to the right situations with an automatic?

Automatic doesn't know what the fuck "context" is. It changes based off of pre-set perimeters.

Not necessarily since homologation ended.

>>>/cuteboys/
and don't come back til you get some taste

The customization is on point, even if it does favor stancefaggotry. The vinyl editor is a bit wonky to work with but I only had the 10 hour trial to base it off and only really did a couple of vinyls. I miss the premade body vinyls even though I can replicate them pretty easily, And no game has ever ripped off Midnight club:LA's negative feature, makes doing fancy shit so easy. Amy is also a good waifu for a racing game

I know I linked to your post with her.

WRC cars are still based off road going models though and they have lights and mirrors and wipers so they count as road legal as far as laws are concerned.

Also I found that one photo editor site so enjoy some more OC for us.

it still hurts…

Who cares. If you don't slam on the gas in FH3 you'll be fine and never suffer from any wheelspin. If you want to drift or want something specific out of your car for the thing you're doing then you'd obviously use manual but I'm talking just driving and regular racing here.

Pretty sure one of the points of rally is that the cars are what you can consider street legal because of they need to be driven on real roads between stages. There's even that clip where Mäkinen got pulled over by british cops because he was missing a wheel and they didn't let him coninue because obviously that's not legal on public roads.

there are 2 kinds of people:

1.Winners

2.Faggots who should kill themselves to preserve the purity of the genepool.

You don't get good lap times by letting the machine shift for you. You do it yourself so you can turn that 00.00.300 lead into a 00.04.782 lead.

For your sake I hope your drunk, high or 13 years old. I've not seen someone act this edgy since I was in high school.

They may well be road legal but they are not even remotely based on the production models, go look at the specs of the VW WRC Polo compared to an actual production model.

FH is an arcade game you faggot take that cock out of your arse.

Whoops, misunderstood how you were linking to me. In return for my faggotry, another picture of Reiko.

All this rally talk and the fact that the 99 Lancer Evo is the best car in FH3 is making me wanna play more Dirt Rally.

Did we ever figure out if there was interest in a league for Dirt Rally?

Thanks doc.

subaru and mitsubishi did wrc and street spec cars right.
the wrx sti was prretty much the same as the rally car only with less tech and more seats.

WRC is in such a sorry state right now; I honestly can't distinguish between the cars at all, it's like they're all using the same chassis to me. I miss the variety more than anything; I miss Toyota's, the Subaru's and the Mitsubishi's. Everything is a Ford Fiesta to me now.

It was trashed.

Nigger, your games are using 320kbps at best. You ain't winning shit.

Lossless capture of many lossy effects > lossy capture.

Are you a musician with trained ear who actually can hear the difference and can spot minute octave shifts?
If not, then fuck off. Lossless audio for videogames is about as retarded as "large games are a pirate deterrent" practice.

Since they all have number plates, they must be road legal, at least in the country from which the car emerges.

(nice post number)
Yeah, quite sadly hot hatches are just the best to rally with because they're nimble so everyone just used that recipe. It's not exactly a new trend though, Group B cars were also short.

Nice meme.

I have an obsession with hatchbacks now and it's entirely 100% caused by rally. I'm saving for a Fiesta RS when it comes out.

Uhhh…

It's called being a NEET for 3 years with no real potential for a career. Or: "a fucking loser" if you want to be blunt about it.

Don't end up like me you fuck, do it the hard way or fucking hang up your hat and take a seat with the rest of us burdens on society.

please, y'all niggas should purchase Titanfall and listen to the glorious 30GB of uncompressed music. It's a wonderful feeling, just opening the .exe and opening your ears to the wonders of sound

i>>10866929
the issue is that they have audio for 5 or 6 different languages on the disk/ in the install. you MOST people only need one.

this is the one thing that pirates still shit on read devs with, they will make English only rips of games where the game will be 50 - 60 % of the retail disk size.

real devs*

Oh.
Ok.
So no new wheel for me atm
Maybe I will just buy an used DFGT for 50€ and call it a day

Oh.
Ok.
So no new wheel for me atm
Maybe I will just buy an used DFGT for 50€ and call it a day

Honestly, the biggest problem is wanting manual and FFB. If you could settle for an Automatic and FFB, you can look at a T150/TMX, since those are usually 150USD, might be cheaper in Yurop. Decent looking build quality, you'd just have to shell out for a replacement pedal and H-gate shifter later which makes it almost as much or more as buying a G29 + shifter anyhow, which seems to be alright build quality for now.

Rena Hayami, aka the Reiko Nagase clone

I was just trying to play this game with a wheel.

I do not recommend playing this game with a wheel. Looks and runs great in Dolphin though, just really doesn't feel designed for a wheel. It might be that I suck ass at it, but given that I could eventually get better in other simcades, this one seems like it gets my wheel off center nearly immediately and I'm not sure why.

It's built on the Ridge Racer 5 engine. Of course it would be a bad idea.

It supports a wheel on all the consoles, like RRV supports the NeGcon, so I figured it couldn't be that bad given how well RRT4 and Rage Racer worked, and even Ridge Racer 2 and Rave Racer in MAME. It almost works, but it's just off enough that I don't want to really try with the wheel, at least for the rally races.

So I am tempted by the Dirt games. Any of them contain Group B?

yes

Oh fuck yes which ones?

Dirt Rally is the one you want. The others were alright since there wasn't really any alternatives for rally games, but now that Rally exists there is literally no reason to play any of the others.

How the fuck do they expect anyone to actually buy this shit lmao I'm not using the shitty Windows store, and I'm sure as hell not paying 60 dollars for a digital copy of a game.

Fucking cheers user!

They got same body, same engine. They are severely hampered powerwise. Any ol joe with a couple thousand dollars could make a car faster than a world rally car. What is godly expensive is their suspension, aerokit and differentials (shame they banned the active differentials). The old sexy drivetrains costed 2/3 of the car.

threadly reminder that F/OSS racan vidya still blows chunks hard

I've done 9000 laps on this circuit in video games.

t. NEET

How does FH3 feel? Does it feel good enough to use a wheel with? Or does it have that NFS bullshit where you tap the brake and get put into automatic drift mode where you're basically just pointing towards where you want to drift and letting the game do it for you?

It'll feel fine with a wheel.

If you get a duplicate Horizon Edition car off a wheel spin, you can sell it for 5 million right away. After a certain point you basically get retarded amounts of money. Since each wheel spin is only 50,000 you can just keep spinning for crazy profits. I'm already at over 10 million credits and at least 20 more cars in my garage and I just got into this cycle 10 minutes ago.

tbh the way the car ascends after crashing at the end of the video is something never seen before

Probably good enough, the game tends to let you do skids very easily but it doesn't feel like a NFS drift mode. I honestly cannot tell, G27 is broken.

What's a good game in which I can race with shitboxes? (or a sim with good shitbox mods)

I like the way you think user.

N.I.C.E. 2 had the Bonsay racing class comprising of the Trabant 601 Deluxe, FIAT 500 Sport, Citroen 2CV and VW 1300. The Tune-up add-on added the Morris Mini.

Faggots are a plight.

nice design fam

I wonder, would it perhaps look less like faggotry if it was curved and the colors not a strong?
Imitating a real rainbow a bit more?

Why are Racing Line Skills so fucking awful on The Crew especially on tracks? I doubt the devs would know a real racing line even if the Ghost of Senna were to appear, drop his pants and shit one out for them.

Less said about the Precision Skills the better

This triggers the artist in me

How the fuck did I miss this?

I suggest that we paint all our cars rainbows when we can with swastika's with little love hearts inside. We need to share the love and hate with everyone.

Isn't the swastika the symbol for the sun in some cultures? Just turn it the way it's the sun sign and not the nazi sign

I think it's a sign of good fortune if I recall. Don't quote me on it

Preddy based.

just follow the damn line you stupid animu

(so #blessed)
I need to do some gondola vinyls for comfy screenshots

ever have a crash so embarassing you wanna turn the game off?

Not yet.

I love gondola.
I appreciate such great numbers.

On another note, why does the handling feel off in the crew?
I can't put my fingers on it but it just feels off.
Could it have to do with the weird progression system?

How's the BallisticNG multiplayer? I haven't tried yet because internet is a shit. Does it run well on god awful connections?

The game itself is a bit arcade, but I've felt like top tier cars handle much better so maybe there's indeed something fucky going on with the physics. In any case, I don't expect a game that tries to have all cars perform the same if they're at the same performance index to have any sort of coherent physics.

In other news, I just spent like 5 hours making a sorta replica 190E DTM paintjob for the E65 and it's alright. Still lacks a few logos but I'll do that later.

So you can't create your own team in Motorsport Manager like you could in the mobile version, you can only join premade teams. You don't play as Ron Dennis or Frank Williams or Gene Haas, you play as Whitmarsh; it's motorsport middle manager.

I know it's meant to be moddable but I don't relish the idea of texture mapping an F1 car to customize my team either.

simracing/10

Horizon 3 looks good.
Does it still run like shit?
Does it have an obnoxious story like The Crew?
Is it fun?

what are some good gnu/linux racing games?

is the game's handling consistent? if it's not it's forgivable

I dunno if they patched it since last night, but yes
No, also if it means anything to you, in the cockpit view the forza driver doesn't turn the wheel when going in a straight line.
I was able to do donuts and other stuff in a ford rally car while It's Tricky was playing. So yeah, it's pretty fun.

i'd go past the win10 bullshit since that seems like the first good game in a long while but i'm shekel-free

it is consistent I just thought I had enough clearance and i didnt evade the parked car in a straight line.

I'd do that too.
Just get a cheap HDD and isntall that cancer on there.
It'll be a dedicated Forza HDD.

As already meationed, I don't have the shekels for it right now but at some point, when all the DLC and particularly patches are out I'll get it as well.

You take what you can get, m8. There's the opensource wrapper for NFS2SE, there's emulating the Ridge Racer games, and there's STK and things like TORCS. Pick your poison.

there's also wine, I use loonix on my laptop and when im not working I'm playing old games that don't work on windows with wine.

This too, it's just hit or miss with newer games. All the older APIs seem to be implemented and there's only weird edge cases with anything older than 2008, it feels like, PSOBB being a prime example. There's significant progress all the time though.

Just dl'd TOCA for PS1.
I don't remember the game being this shit.

Never played TOCA, what's shit about it now? Physics, graphics, framerate? One or two of these things can be solved by setting up your emulator properly.

There are a lot of different swastikas

That's not my real complaint. What is retarded is that you literally have to stop at the corners and do a 90 degree turn.

Which one are you talking about?

Generally the "Racing Line" skills on racetracks. Those aren't fucking racing lines whatsoever.

just have an iron cross on there, it's more subtle.

No I mean which specific skill are you talking about? Which number?

I'll have to log in since I don't remember them off by heart.

I've noticed that as well, usually when taking the skill the "wrong way". But sometimes, that "wrong way" is actually the easiest way to complete the skill so if sometimes you find a skill too hard/too retard, try the other way.

Also, I converted my Horizon Edition ACR Viper into an AWD and it's now become an amazing car and bumping into an X class I wasn't even aware of. 10/10 would convert more cars to AWD.

The rule in Forza games is that AWD always kicks ass, I remember in 3 that AWD could pull crazy ass shit.

That's ok, I can wait.

i noticed that i had brake assist on all this time i was having crazy issues turning and it mostly went way when i turned that shit off.

Yeah, assists suck in Forza. ABS is the worst.

Also new thread;

Have you actually raced round any of the tracks in game at all? The skills shouldn't be too hard to find.

What user said is true, those racing lines are fucking awful and they do retarded turns that force you to stop regardless of what direction you go in. No way in a million years would you ever take those lines in a real race.

Are The Crew driving lines supposed to be racing lines or just the GPS line applied to the ground?