Mother Russia Bleeds

What do ya'll think about this?

I just got past the 5th level and I love the aesthetic.

youtube.com/watch?v=21bdEu8smSE
hotpocket edit: monetized vid

It's alright. They keep making it easier with each patch despite the fact that it's not very hard to begin with.

Fuck off, commie google.

As a Russian, i fucking hate everything that has reversed English R in it.

Presentation is top notch (unless if you won't encounter any bugs like, boss music being absent after checkpoint reload), but gameplay is mediocre. Mostly it's because enemies isn't designed very well and gimmicks that creators came up with to make the game harder is more frustrating that being genuinely challenging, also there's a problem with hitboxes, that the most apparent in finale boss fight. I won't be coming back to that game, yet probably gonna listen to Ost frequently.

It's not horrible, but i'd probably enjoy it more if it had online multiplayer. Music and aesthetics are nice, and the boss fights were fairly creative. The things I couldn't stand were enemy placement (fuck the first arena), and the fact that combos couldn't be dropped by getting hit.

It's fine but there's something about it that feels kind of off.
Like the way how you attack people on different levels feels finicky and it's fairly easy for a beat em up.
Liked the music though, even if it wasn't really my taste in spite of being synthwave.

I was initially underwhelmed by it but I'll admit I started to enjoy it more in the later levels, and the last level and boss in particular were particularly satisfying to play on Hardcore. It's still not up to the standard set by the classic beat-em-ups but it's a pretty good effort, about as good as you might expect from a current year indie pixelshit dev.

Speaking of pixelshit I still think the game looks like ass and has the worst scanline filter I've ever seen, it's so bad I hope it was made as a joke by some millennial faggot with a hate-boner for CRTs because it actually manages to make the game look even worse, and that is no small feat.

reported

I don't get why indies keep doing 8-bit pixel art stuff when they suck massive balls at it. Hyper Light Drifter, Shovel Knight and this game would have looked much better if it was like low poly 3D or 16 bit sprites or something.

The only thing that interests me about it is the bits of story I'm picking up. Some kind of mutation drug turning the whole country into a nightmare.

What's up with that? Someone want to save me the money and explain the story?

It bored me at first because I didn't realize all the moves you could do and I was playing with AI partners. Playing solo and learning the moves improved the game immensely for me.

This thread needs more love for the motherland

Soviets were so fucking cool in RA.

Goverment experiments drugs on gypsies and hobos and they take their revenge by bringing communism back to Russia.

its racist and disrespectful to women.

All I needed to know. Thanks.

I liked it at first and hated it more and more with each level.
There is no such thing as a "combo". There are just punch, kick, jump kick, slide and throw. Your attacks don't change depending on the order of your inputs at all.
The game has some retarded ideas for enemies. Hobos that can jump on you are fine, but the fucking dogs are straight up bullshit. You can't hit them by standing in front of them, so when they jump on you it's either dodge or get pinned. There are enemies that dodge all your regular attacks, who are often paired with enemies who punish you for jump kicking.
If you can jump kick you are king, which means Ivan and Boris are shit.
Ivan is the most overpowered thing in the game. Place him as your AI companion, die and he will clear the whole wave himself. The enemies don't hit him, so he just lazily punches them.
The game has a fuckton of gimmick levels, i.e. in the last level enemies can easily cover the entirety of the screen. However you have weeb katanas that have been folded over a mirrion times and can slice half the screen in one go.
Bosses are incredibly shit, since they barely flinch when you hit them and usually have other enemies with firearms thrown in just for the fuck of it. However, go berserk two times and you have beaten every boss.
Reviving friends/sucking out necro from corpses/healing friends is all done on the same button, so in the heat of the moment you will probably either give your necro to a retarded AI on accident or start sucking out necro like a junkie when what you wanted was to revive your bro.
Game encourages you to use necro, since the healing system and berserk mode are based on it, but gives you a bad ending for using it. The AI goes all out with their necro.
And the stupidest one is that in the game about Russia fucking GYPSIES are the protagonists, what the fuck kind of shit is that?

It's a decent game but it has some bugs to fix like the hit detection which is annoying getting hit by an enemy who isn't that close to you.

Also making a boss fight a gimmick fight to beat it is not the best idea should have at least make it an option so that skilled players have multiple ways to approach the fight.

Unrealistic game

DUDE NO COMBOS
>VARY YOUR COMBOS
LMAO
NOCOMBOS

AIR KICKING SLAVS AND GRAPPLERS
LMAO

NO STANDING ANTI AIR
JUMP PUNCH IS SAME AS JUMP KICK

L M A O

I liked Double Dragon Neon more.

Le upvoted fellow comrade