Megaman 8

This game is very visually interesting.

The spritework itself is pretty damn good, but what's interesting to me is that the perspective of everything, especially the backgrounds, is slightly tilted towards the player.
Like, everything is tilted towards YOU a little, it's a strange perspective that i haven't seen in many other 2D games, it's still your standard 2D game gameplay wise but all the platforms are leaning towards your eyes and you can see the surface on the top very well like you're watching them at an angle from an helicopter or something, it's kinda trippy if you stare at them too long.

Are there any other 2D games that have an uncommon perspective and break from the "flat 2D plane everything is on a standard angle" visual mold?

Do these appease your autism, OP?

Oh yeah i forgot X4 does this too to a certain extent.

It's not an uncommon visual style, user.

Also, anything interesting about Mega Man 8 is more than lost on the uninspired robot masters, oddball aesthetics that clash with the rest of the series, and atrocious voice acting.

I sorta like it, it's different.
After playing all the other megaman games for so long it's interesting to see a different visual direction.
Also some of the common enemies have really funky designs that aren't reused in any other megaman game, i kinda like tht too.
But gameplay wise it's nothing to write home about.

I just feel it's too much of a deviation. Mega Man's style has always been a mix of natural and mechanical environments that have been "roboted up" It's a running theme… Woodman, Napalmman, Slashman, and Concreteman are all in forests/jungles that have been given some robotic enhancements for whatever reason. Each stage is still quite distinct though. If you want to take it further, the X series has Sting Chameleon and Neon Tiger following the same theme in their own way.

Mega Man 8 on the other hand is just too over the top and cartoony for my taste.

See I never played MM8, but it's nice to see they retained that common aesthetic

I'd like to take MM8 seriously but then I remember the voice acting

I think Megaman 8 Robot Masters are the best looking in the series, even if they don't look like the other ones.

Aesthetics are understandable, but consider that they jumped from 8/16 bits to PS1, o the art style was radically different. If something I think it was lazy, but by no means bad, even if it clash with previous games. I liked the circus stage, the wind stage and of course the opening stage,

Only real problem with it is voice acting, and by the time most voice acting was atrocious, look at MMX4.

So what's Megaman 8's relation to Megaman and Bass and why is Astroman in both games?

I liked this mod for X4. It made the cutscenes more impactful, especially hearing Lucas Glibertson do the WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOR scene.
Man I forgot how good X4's intro stage sounded

r-rused

Here ya go, OP.

The OST of this game was fucking insane.

Glad I saved this for a rainy day.

I remember some part in a castle in Yoshi's Island having that tilted look. It just felt awkward. What's the point of that perspective? It's a less clear visual style, even worse when you make it a bit isometric like in Ninja Gaiden. I guess it's tolerable when the player's character and other things have shadows. Still, why?

Because pseudo-3D totally looks rad, man!

Zero Sky Lagoon theme is still my favorite MMX ost.

I liked Mega Man 8's soundtrack, more "modern" and laidback than the rest of the series's soundtracks. I wish people stopped copying the NES games' music structure and made more "varied" music when making fan games. The NES games had damn fine soundtracks but it gets really fucking boring when every fan game uses that style of music.

It's probably why I love Bomberman Hero's soundtrack, it deviates from the standard musical style of the series and its so fucking good. Shame that Jun Chikuma went on to make sandnigger music.

JUST

Its so bad its good.

DATS A GUD KESHTUN. WE MAY-UH BE ABLE TA FIND DA UDDA MEDIA FWOM DA WAYDAH WOOM?
WEN WE FIND DA MEDIA… WILL FIND DOK-DAH WAHWEE

My man.

I feel the same about the Tekken 3 soundtrack.

It's a nice, clean artstyle that translates the Mega Man games from NES to SNES quite nicely and still allows for Robot Masters with expressive visuals and plenty of personality. I feel 8's RMs are kinda "muddled" somehow while 7's aren't.

Hell, they played around with the personalities for some RMs. Freeze Man is programmed to wait a short while so you can get a free hit in before laying into his patterns. He's cool like that.

What do I play at the point where I've been through all the megaman games and all the spinoffs? Cause I've gotten to that point and now I'm just confused.

Fangames, classic series hit kind of a Renaissance recently with more than a few good ones. Mega Man Rock Force and Unlimited are fantastic.

X series has that Corrupted game coming out eventually and ZX has that Rockman Ciel thing going.

Wow user what the fuck, i didn't know about this.
I love the Z and ZX series, this looks amazing.

I'm just afraid this will get a C&D because they're being dumb shits about this and not waiting for the game to be fully finished before unveiling it to the public.
They should've waited until they were fully done and then relesed the game right then and there.

WHAT AM I FIGHTING FOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRRRRR????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Same with X4's.

20XX. It's the fangame roguelite approach to Mega Man X. Don't be put off by the roguelite bit, the gameplay is still 99% MMX with some minor mechanical tweaks, but basically plays out like a dynamically generated MMX game. It's pretty cool.

Never heard of this game before, checked most of the longplay and it looks pretty fucking amazing both gameplay wise and graphically for SNES game. Nice.

I have one complaint with X4's voice acting.
Or rather, three.
HOO
HAH
HOH

I've been constantly wondering about the "dynamically generated" bit because some of the strongest points of the SNES Mega Man X games are in the level design and the hidden secrets requiring nicely-placed dashes or special weapons (sometimes charged special weapons) to get to, so I imagine a generated level wouldn't have anything resembling that.

I just tuned that out after a while. I'm more irritated by GET READY

So can someone tell me who the actual protag is? First ti was a story that revolved around ciel, and then I heard that got scrapped and they made it a resurrected zero. But now, it's ciel again? I don't really mind it being either one since I love both of them, but I'd like to know what to expect.
Is it both? Please tell me it's both.

Nigger, that's the best part of playing with Zero.

It's shit, user, too multiplayer focused, same problem with Rayman Legends and unlike legends platforming is shit thanks to the procedural generation. Although, I admit some times stages appear pretty good, but most of it is random bullshit.
I just like it because there's nothing else, but it isn't even close to be as good as any MMX game other than being "fangame". The "Zero" character plays like shit too.

It's called Rockman Ciel for a reason, user. Far as I'm aware, you play with Ciel, Ciel is the protag.

BN3 remixes MM8 music as well. It's kind of an odd relationship they have. That said, I preferred the BN designs of 8's robot masters.

What the fuck why didn't I notice how spooky that tree is before.