twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

12 hours

Is this the most overrated platformer?

Console verification.

That's Banjo-Kazooie.

Sonic*

I stand corrected.

am I suppose to be impressed?

Memes aside, TASes are more interesting than that one faggot trying to beat shit with arbitrary restrictions.

You're a faggot because some TAS take years to perfect.

HALF AN A PRESS

Unless you do it on a fucking system you're a faggot.

Some jumps require binds. They do it segmented. Each segment is done by one of 3 people in this video. They repeat the same segment over hours. I assume that they let each one try a segment and the one with the best time would be picked and then they continued on. If even a single segment changes they have to redo every single segment afterwards as well. This isn't nearly as easy to do as it is in some games.

So, the TAS is less than 2 minutes below Akira's wr?

who is henry?

Get out Henry

Happy 20th birthday, Super Mario 64.

Hello TJ "Henry" Yoshi
How many A presses are left by the way?

such and acomplishment, what a greater than life man must have done this

What the fuck is this 12 hrs shit

Ten.
And without some voodoo space magic, we'll never be able to bring it down to zero because of the pole in the docks.

When you're at a particular angle (or submerged in water?) you can build speed indefinitely by walking backwards or something. Once they reach a particular speed (which takes 12 hours) they can clip through certain sections.

It's useful in some situations where they can't press the A button for example

Holy shit, I can't believe I've been skipping over this shit for months. This is a fun watch.

Theres a realm of "TAS"s that revolve around pressing A as little as possible instead of beating it as fast as possible. Its the true patrician's because it requires the deepest possible understanding of how the game works at even the most minuet possible levels rather than just perfecting how well you can skip through the entire game with your backwards longjump. The 12 hours specifically refers to a method of getting the Watch for Rolling rocks star with only a half a press, in which you gain speed for 12 hours so you can move through parallel universes, using specific polygons on the ramp to guide you.

Personally, i want to see this video get a few comments. It's everything i liked about rolling rocks but with an extra step that everything in the video feels like the tower of hanoi, constantly setting up the next clever trick that he only does to set up the next trick. A full third of the video is just him setting up goombas so he can grab a box on a completely different level, to set the HOLP in a certain specific way, and another third of it is spawning the star in just the right spot so he can use the animation of grabbing the star to get up one single solitary step.

In A minor?

I like to think of it as programming a bot to solve the game as optimally as possible, like a puzzle.

8/8

Post more henry

Shit I can't understand half of what he does even after watching his memevid about PUs (that was pretty interesting tbh, I don't know why people mock him).
At this point he must know more than the devs about the engine.

It's fun to watch on a technical level, because you can appreciate how the game engine(s) work on a lower level than you'd normally see, and then you can see different development tricks that people did to make things work. It feels like it's a lost art since say, the GCN onward

Holy shit, my sides. You still have to go back, faggot.

He's using the HOLP. The Held Object's Last Position. When mario throws an object, it doesn't come out of his hands. It dissapears from them and the game spawns an object where mario is going at the speed mario is throwing the object at. The thing where he picks up the same wing cap twice lets him set this point in 3d space wherever he wants to, so when he throws things and they just vanish, it' because they've gone to the HOLP and not directly in front of mario, and so he can send objects around him nearly anywhere he wants to.

Really, that's just sloppy programming from people forced to work in a group. Nothing confirms this more then the one video he did about blinking and how almost every character in the game that blinks uses a different variable and a different way of using that variable to time their blinks.

I like it because its an appreciation to a game you won't see anywhere else, knowing how modern gamers are nowadays.

I like to learn about engines.
Especially those on lower specs than now and held with duct tape.
Nowadays devs are just lazy and bruteforce through all the technical issues, hence why a lot of games are unoptimized 25 FPS garbage (I can't believe normalfags actually buy into the cinematic meme).

You don't need a lot of optimization, you just need to not be an idiot.

I remember reading an Iwata Asks about the Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time remake, and they deliberately chose to keep all the old bugs in for nostalgia purposes. I think a lot of game devs can appreciate when people find ways to exploit your game in various ways because 1.) its technically the developers fault, not the players, and they should have humility, 2.) because it shows people give enough fucks to want to break the game down, and 3.) because it draws interest

Clue in 0.733 seconds

And 4.), it guarantees the game is still playable without any new QA being performed. A small fix might break a ton of things you don't know

I think there's a strange fascination about how Nintendo made their games and shit during this era. It was the transition era from 2D to 3D so a lot of it was experimentation ambition, and the fact all their engines are proprietary and are kept under tight lips only drew attention to how they got shit done. Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time run on the same game engine because they were developed alongside eachother. The debug ROM was leaked onto the internet for Ocarina of Time purely out of interest and we're still finding early prototype shit in there as well as shit like C console output strings that really allow us to see what was going on in that little Nintendo R&D1 studio in the mid 90s

Half an A minor

Cry more, faggot

I'm going to tickle him

Yoink! Got yer feets

When you walk on certain slopes while submerged in shallow water, the game will push you backwards with no speed cap. In special situations, you can use this to build up speed indefinitely. By using this in Watch for Rolling Rocks, you can build up enough speed to put you so far away that the position number used for checking if you're on ground wraps back around while your true position goes way out there. This phenomenon is known as a parallel universe, and since it's easiest to travel multiples of four parallel universes away (since the game checks if Mario's above ground every quarter step,) the parallel universes a multiple of four PUs away are known as quadruple parallel universes, or QPUs.

Really, just watch the guy's video, it's cool as shit.

Poor yoshi he's been through this sort of shit before and he dosen't want to do it again why is it so hard for people to get that?

/vp/ please

embrace the meme

here you go faggot

i wonder what his feet smell like haha just curious for laughs haha i just want to smell them

Wew lad

don't post more than 2, you gonna get b&

It's based on separate posts you silly billy

Listen to
I don't want others with patrician taste to be abused by Holla Forums's dictators

You assume the rules apply to people they don't like

I'm not a fag but damn that first gif is hot as fuck

I don't follow e-celebs, who the fuck is Henry?

I like the fact they're going bareback c:

Get out, racist.

TWELVE HOURS?

Has autism gone too far?

So progressive

Some one should post a picture of yoshie pooing an egg and looking embarrassed haha. I just think it would be funny because someone posted this haha.

raw flesh-to-flesh steamy hot sex is my fetish

Do you think he's some sort of casual?

Is this the medium-functioning variety of autism?

What does this count as?

idk what this shit thread is about

maybe I'm not autistic enough

Misunderstood genius.

BOYHOOD

Speaking of boyhood did you know it took 12 years to make?

LITERALLY THE BOYHOOD OF VIDYA

Pokemon Uranium
9 YEARS

What is this 12 years meme

Why don't you lurk more instead of asking stupid questions?

HINT: A video already posted ITT may hold the answer!

Good TAS

Fucking internet search it you lazy good for nothing google

nigger

Only did it because it's funny in combination with refusing to use google as a verb.
You're still lazy spoonfed cancer.

is that the 100% run?
because the any% run has only one A press left, the pole you can see at 1:55 in the OP.

Hipsters among us

I don't know where he's getting the number 10. For the 100% run, it's currently 31 according to the google docs, half of them being in Tick Tock Clock alone.

Upwarp when?

>pannen isn't involved
amazing.

if he even finds a bug to gain the necessary upwards movement I hope it doesn't trivialize the whole thing like the BLJ did regular TASes.

does mario reach speeds that could be considered relativistic IRL?

TWELVE FUCKING YEARS AND IT ONLY GOT ONE ACADEMY AWARD
FUCKING BOYHOOD

sauce pls

Boku no Pico

Mario 64 is not a good video game.

if you look at the graphs Pan uses in the video, it shows the syncing speed is ~500,000 units of velocity
now we can make two assumptions because I'm not Matt "Vsauce of vidya" Pat and I'm not going to bother counting pixels and referencing with established records that have no bearing in the game itself.
assumption 1: it's meters per second, because Nintendo is a Japanese company and japan uses the metric system. 5*10^6m/s is close enough to 3.00*10^8 to see some quantum effect, that'd be ~2% light speed. Not enough to break gravity.
assumption 2: it's in ft/s because nintendo wanted to use imperial and japan has a large american influence or whatever, in which case it would be 5*10^6, ft/s, or 1.66*10^6, anything less than 1/100th the speed of light generally isn't considered relativistic.

if you wanted to masturbate to yourself over it, look at how quickly he moves relative to his horizontal pixel count, count how many pixels one part of his body displaces horizontally, run that amount, time how long it takes to do that at, say, 1 unit. plug it into U=P/T, U being unit, P being pixels and T being time. Extrapolate T to 1 second, you'll get how many pixels you'd move in one second at the speed of 1 unit. reference that to how many pixels mario takes up height wise, reference that in some wiki or nintendo power that says how high mario is, hopefully specifically in SM64 that way it wouldn't be completely arbitrary for the game, substitute D(height)/P(height), and then you'll get your velocity.

not enough to break the universe, I don't know why I said gravity

Search for Po~ju and you'll find it.

*Super Mario 64

hentaidream.me/natsuyasumi-episode-1-english-subbed/

natsuyasumi, there are 3 parts.

It's fucking great stuff if you're up for what they're peddling.

don't fuss at me if that site is shit I just googled and copypasted something

Try again, you fucking retard.

It's a testament to some kind of autistic charisma that I find myself sitting through this entire thing a second time.

makes me wonder just how many other games could have there input/time records completely destroyed if their player base had this much useful autism.

Bump!

Well first one that comes to mind you be banjo kazooie or sonic games because those games runs are rather technically bland.

ITS
THE
he's dead

Friendly reminder this is what henryfags look like. This is the actual henry.

thats the last video he uploaded,So what happened to him?

He figured out how to manipulate reality and he jumped to a parallel universe in only 0.5 A presses

ZERO POINT FIVE "A" PRESSES!

He's a faggot for other reasons, my man. But an alright one.

absolutely Sponsored

But is he faster than Doomguy?

Also he's more active here: youtube.com/user/pannenkeok2012/videos

I've never seen a man brand himself a scrub this well

If you look on his channel, it says he was active one week ago.

Could he possibly be trapped in a parallel universe outside of QPU bounds struggling to find a way to build the speed to return to our own?

He still makes videos regularly but he's too autistic to post them on his main channel because they don't meet his self spcified quality standards.