No Man's Sky Under Investigation

web.archive.org/web/20160929021251/http://www.please use archive.is/no-mans-sky-is-being-investigated-by-the-advertising-standards-authority/

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/n20HT
seanmurray.toddhoward.sexy/
accc.gov.au/consumers/misleading-claims-advertising/false-or-misleading-claims
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

archive.is/n20HT

Woops, messed up link

Holy shit the greatest shit storm has begun. I saw this story a little earlier and got distracted before I could archive it good pickup user.

I want them to lose in court over this shit so godamned badly

We already have a thread

When will OP go under investigation for being a faggot?

I feel only a tiny bit bad for Sean Murray. Sony is really to blame for all of the game-killing hype.

They have a good case, all the trailers and screenshots actually look decent, the shipped product looks like a washed out sea of vomit with the sporadic mutated playdo animal.

What I want to see is what comes out as far as interviews or tweets about this from sean murray. I feel like there's going to have to be some sort of response back and my body is fucking ready for the immenent meltdown in all the glorious beauty it brings.

He's the new Peter Molyneux, kind of a friendly guy that has a whole world of imagination and cool ideas, then doesn't deliver half of it.

At least Molyneux made a couple great games before he went senile. This fucking hipster has not nothing but a excitebike ripoff.

Should Holla Forums write a letter to him telling how sorry we are?

But he seems to have completely have vanished, I never paid attention to Molyneux but I don't think on his first major project he flat out disappeared from the face of the earth once people called him out on it.

Do we really need 1000 threas on this?

You know we will; why play games and discuss them when you can just shitpost and post smug reaction images?

Did Sony shut him down, or is just scared of the backlash? Maybe he's just trying to lie low. Can't imagine his company has much of a future after this.

I don't think Sony shut him down, that would be a rare instance for them to do especially since the game was a success anyways. But yeah, his company really is looking bleak right now. Unless they patch and support the hell out of this game, or at least explain to people why the end product is so much different from what people were promised.

You're letting them off easy.

I'm a sucker for the first Fable and Black and White.

BITING COMMENTARY

You guys are a bunch of overreacting faggots.
ASA is just gonna give them a slap on the wrist just like they did with GTAV last year for laying about some discount on steam

I like the idea of Holla Forums sending a letter to him that could be awesome. After all, I think he'd really enjoy knowing how sorry we are for whats happened to him.

I'll add one line

I'm starting to think he was completely shut out of development and forced to make announcements based on what they only had prepared.

I'm confused. How do you make a game trailer with a bunch of things, and just remove them?

Like, how do you have the time? Why remove the things in the trailers? Help a dumb user out.

The trailer is obviously made before the game. It's just a mock-up.

So they used him just as a spokesperson? I could see that, but in the end I've noticed that he basically just said yes to anything he was asked in interviews.

Shit, he would make a good scapegoat. He was born a yes man.

More like a salesman. You have to sell the games after all.

I would do it but I don't have any twitter account nor any knowledge if he has a personal email.

Those things never existed in the game. It's like a SFM, the textures and models exist but everything about them is scripted to look exactly how the devs wanted them too.

WOW MY GAME IS SO BIG THAT A GOVERNMENT AGENCY HAD TO INVESTIGATE IT

WOW

I wonder what the shills and numales that defended the game have to say now?

Oh my sweet user.

Follow up on second pic autism.

That kosmos faggot is the only person I'm seeing in those caps that commented on it after the investigation was announced.

The long "waa game was 4U" rant is so old I've seen it reposted here a lot. The other caps I've seen most of from before as well.

It's from the old thread.

Now this is fucking ebin

Thats what you fuckers get for lying about a product and trying to scam with false teeth

It's a normalfag self defense mechanics.

All I'm saying is I'm not seeing a lot of people insisting on defending it after this latests scandal.

Maybe they're finally figuring things out? The Doo Sex microtransactions thing also got them somewhat riled up.

Nah. People are not going to change their minds. They're probably hiding to avoid getting roasted online like the little sissy faggots they are.

They're keeping Sean company.

gay little bike riding hipster's gonna drink the piss and get raped up the ass now

You know what is really sad, the only reason he isn't getting away with it is because he doesn't have friends to bail him out

>He replies with "because the devs put actual feeling and work into this game" and "you hate everything, user. For once find something you like."

No Man's Sky was actually a good game though. I don't understand why Holla Forums is so salty about it.

even normalfags gave up on the game

the people still defending it are probably part of the indie/journo circlejerk

Smug=/=Salty. At least try to get your terminology right before posting, skinwalker.

Gotta earn the paycheck.

Now, I will admit, im salty about it. Salty as fuck.

Instead of doing anything the game actually promised, it's a walking simulator where you need to grind ore to continue.
The ONLY THING that nms achieved was turning people off space exploration games.

So I have to wait for someone to make some kick ass space exploration game where you ca be a bounty hunter and fight space pirates, because the closest thing was Sean Murray lying his ass off.

hue

This was real? I thought it was just a rumor, what happens?

Honestly not a bad deal, but I hate sharing so I get it

Contrary to the wonderful people on this board ps4 has a handful of nice games, but you can't say this around here because the salty twats have a list of esoteric demands that you have to meet I order to be considered a "good exclusive game"

Nobody knows yet, but they have 13 confirmed galaxy's. Some amount was going through it, but I think he burned out

You know that thing Holla Forums usually says? Something like "lmao letting a shitty community ruin a game".

Well the same can be applied to this place.

Sean was a total amateur. How did it get so bad? How does Todd get away with it? NMS was glitchy and broken with bugs but bethesda games are notorious for being buggy so much so that it is expected and part of the experience. How did this happen?

There's 256 galaxies if not more, with each one past the 5th having a name that looks like they basically procedurally generated each galaxy's name and left it at that.

Beat me to it

I couldn't save the image but I remember a trader being named "Kike".

The best part of how traders work? Each ship is piloted by the one trader, so if you see two ships side-by-side that are identical, they'll also have the same pilot.

It's not uncommon to run around trading at a space station and run into 5 of the same pilot in a row, without anyone even taking off or landing.

Todd gets away with it by espousing half-truths rather than full-blown lies in most cases.

Sean and Reddit on suicide watch

Zenimax is soley composed of Jews

He is a small guy

forgot to add the shoop

Haven't checked the Steam page in a while and I'm greeted by this rating. Holy fuck, I never saw something reach Overwhelmingly Negative. Granted, it's the "Recent" but still.

That rating plus everyone on their own discussion page celebrating… has a company ever been this thoroughly eviscerated? Even AAA companies escape this level of fury since those that fuck up are shielded by their loyal fanbases.

not for you?

Boy oh boy I hope he's young at least he sounds like he's being lead around by the games media fucking badly.

I'm sure that these loyal fans are just waiting for the sequel so that they can really start to dig into the no mans sky universe, (that is trademarked please don't steal it).

Bullshit. It was Sean Murray that said you can meet other players, join factions, etc, etc. Not Sony. Murray is a filthy liar.

Holy shit I don't think I've actually seen that before, especially given how cucked the Steam community usually is.

How long will Sean Murray be playing hide and seek? Let's wait and see.

he's probably already dead

Went and grabbed some screenshots of the postive reviews on steam. Its mostly one autists incrediably long review but its pure gold.

Also Yoshida said "I understand some of the criticisms Sean Murray is getting, because he sounded like he was promising more features in the game from day one. It wasn’t a great PR strategy, because he didn’t have a PR person helping him, and in the end he is an indie developer."

So even Sony are partially pissed at how Murray handled the whole situation.

That lying fucker is on a beach somewhere, counting his shekels and laughing at all the suckers he conned.

This.
Sean chose to work with Sony, they didn't force him.

But ferengi's do actually believe in charity, But only if it yields results and advances the agenda for that ferengi.

Charity = Investment

Oh hey it's another "Works for me must just be your computer :V" review
.. HOW?

18 QUADRILLION PLANETS

You forgot

Reading that guys review theres a couple things he says that really hits me right in the feels.
The games a chore for him, he keeps at it, he's lonely and his life is wasting away on a game he doesn't even like that much. There's something so sad about that.

Oh yeah I think I remember that, wasn't that bullshit during the 2015 summer or winter sale where Rockstar upped the price of the game so that the discounted price would be the same as $60?

They bundled in some of those online money cards.

this brought a tear to my eyes from laughing too hard

This is so good to watch

seanmurray.toddhoward.sexy/

Here's something fun

I have a bigger dick

Is you dick procedurally generated?

If by that you mean large and uncut, then yes.

I'm fucking dying.

Dear Murray,

You are a filthy liar. If there was any justice in the world, then you would be convicted of fraud and be wearing a plaid prison jumper.

The end.

He had enough time to brainwash enough people that will defend him no matter what, even if he shits directly in their face.
Sean should've tried to make the game at least resemble somewhat what it was supposed to be, before trying to fuck everyone over with his next masterpiece.

Yeah, that's really bad. At mixed you know something's seriously wrong, mostly negative is like the equivalent of 4/10 on the modern scale aka complete and utter shit.

…And so what? There's nothing wrong with OpenGL. How dare they use a platform neutral API!

They'll get a slap on the wrist. Don't get your hopes up for them actually being held accountable for their rampant bullshit.

Todd made himself a meme. Even redditors meme about him lying and games being buggy as shit/unplayable without patches and mods. And they still buy it for some reason

Having "a handful of nice games" doesn't justify buying a 500$ console when most anons have at least a half-decent pc.

You'd get the raw end of the deal anyway, you give him $100, he buys a PS4, he keeps the PS4 and you get fuck all for your $100 and he'll explain it away as simply that "he paid more than you, so it's rightfully his."

Fuck that.

that story would've been believable , but you forgot to give a good reason why your parents bought him the game despite the fact that his rig was too shitty to handle the bloated requirements of the game. The story implies that you knew but didn't warn your parents about taking into consideration the system requirements for pre-ordering ? a game that wasn't even out yet 5 months ago

With cucks and numales, the jokes write themselves.

This is some of the worst case of mental gymnastics and emperors new clothes that I have ever seen.

These people are literally insane.

I remember he once tried to say on twitter that hype for NMS is too much. It really seems for me like situation got out of hand for him.

But fuck it.
Hype was created because he was dishonest about the game. I am not feeling bad for a fucker.

I can agree that it is also Sony fault.

Post your face when ASA forces Hello Games to refund every copy of No Man's Sky that asks for it.

Holy shit every fucking time.

Mixed feelings, I was glad people who bought it got fucking shat on for not being able to see trough jew lies and now they'll be pardoned for their stupidy, but i'd love me some dev butthurt at the same time.

Just think of the amount of Stockholm Syndrome that will be on display.

How does it make you feel that every space game in this decade was a scam?

once the standard is set in court Todd is next

As you can see here, this is the classic case of "take the money and run".

So long, and thanks for all the shekels.

Yeah, it's pretty blatant how that went.

Allright, you conviced me

That's what they're basically saying. Of course, them being CUCKS makes it natural to project their lack of self-worth on to others. They are everyones bitch, and when someone is not on board with that kind of thinking then they freak out.

It's the same with the trannies, otherkin and other mental cases. They need everyone to believe in their delusion to make it believable, much like religious people. That could explain how "islamophobia" is a term they're likely to throw around too.

Its probably more

Sony: We've done a risk assessment and we determined there's a high chance of a class action lawsuit

Sean:…..

Sony: We advise you to disappear from the public eye or we will have a our attack lawyers rape you to death

Sean:…..

It's a "proof of concept". Essentially a video that you make to show to investors what you're planning to make, not what you actually made already.
Think of it like a movie script you'd sent to a production company.

Unfortunately some atheists also act like that so I tend to think it's not about which shitty ideology these people subscribe to, but rather the self-hating personality they all have. Practicing some of these ideologies just bring this psychosis to the surface much more. Islamophobia is a bullshit term because even muslims themselves are afraid of other, more powerful muslims - those who spout it simply don't know shit about the Islamic world, even those who happen to be muslims.

A phobia is an irrational fear, being afraid of getting killed is not irrational

(checked)

It all comes back to

Regardless of the ideology. Religions are just an extreme version of this with eternal damnation or other dire consequences attached to them to induce the ultimate psychosis. This is how they reproduce which essentially makes them a virus.

SJWs are like this and manifest the exact same disorder. I think this is why they subconsciously empathize with muslims, despite Islam espousing opposite values, because the core mechanics behind the disorder are the same. The symptoms are different but the disease the same.

Because you can actually do shit in bethesda games, even if most of it is broken. NMS doesn't have anything to break, it's just hollow.

This guy's life must be pretty damn empty. This isn't a cancerous Redditor here. This is an actual sad man, more sad than even us. I don't know how to feel about this.

There's a more fully fleshed out game with some semblance of a story and lore somewhere underneath the bugs.

What the fuck is a poogress.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

He apparently needed a professional con artist to help him.

Wasn't it a Playstation exclusive at first? I think someone at Sony realized they had a failure on their hands, or else they realized they put so much money into it, there was no way for it to make it all back on just the PS4.

They threw good money after bad, and I think you will be able to get a better understanding of what was going on depending on what Sony does here. Its not like bullshots and fake trailers are new, so he might have a target on his head thanks to all the marketers whose lives just got harder.

I'd even go lower than that though. When a game is at mixed it's about a 4/10 since the way reviewers go a game could be 95% positive to Steam and a 7/10 to a reviewer or 85% positive and an 8/10 to a reviewer or even 60% positive and 7/10. It's largely inconsistent and I keep seeing titles on my library that have >90% positive reviews on Steam but

Where's a Sarkeesian when you need one?

Or they just stop selling in the UK. At least, that's what corporate apologists say will happen if you have legal standards.

More like

Of course this would be great because it would be another nail in the coffin of muh day one, muh preorder.

Because Zenimax has power of 6 million jewish lawyer, something hola games don't.

Todd was born with 10 Charisma

Am I going crazy or does his head look really strange in the thumbnail?

Enjoy Pillars of the Eternal Jew 2 : Post- Apocalypse boogaloo

It's just proportionally large because he's a midget.

You're just not used to seeing that much of his tiny manlet body.

is dead, user, let go

Don't forget them saying first that it'll ne changed and THEN contacting the backer and asking him if it's ok
although I think that the backer himself even said at some point that they told him that it would be changed regardless

No, charity is pouring endless food, medicine, money and White lives into the bottomless pit which is Apefreaka and other countries with vaguely visually similar featherless bipeds roaming them who are not capable of maintaining a civilization themselves. There will never be a "return" on this because our bloodline will exhaust itself at a far greater rate than artificially selecting for traits can yield significant population wide results, or we will realize this and wipe them out.

I think it was supposed to one of the the PS4 flagship titles, a platform seller, but got delayed so much that it was too late for that

Denmark says hi.

>Kike dildo nu-male kek checked six gorillion obama[…]

You have no idea what this logo's about isn't it?
Don't compare Molyneux, even if he isn't relevant today to this bearded faggot don't you fucking dare.

He means fixed gear bikes. It's a beta hipster tradition.

First Gawker
Now Hello Games
D-does the system actually work?

The system only works when you force it to.

I preordered the game and have played it for 100+ hours and it's still enjoyable when I boot it up. What's wrong with it? Everything was advertised as given, sure the graphics took a hit but everything else it still there. I encountered a player for the first time the other day and it was crazy. Stop being hateful faggots just because a game actually delivered.

Ironic shitposting is still shitposting. You're not even subtle enough to make a poe.

Ok nerd. I'll enjoy my fun game with endless possibilities and you keep playing something linear and with 2 possibilities.

Molyneux was just taking credit for whoever at bullfrog was the real talent. It became clear as the team he led changed that he was a loser.

This post is what separates laziness from embarrassment. Congrats 75d094.

Sean Murray jewed Sony as well. It will be a long time before the japs trust a shitty indie developer again. They all suck.

Maybe you're right, maybe not, point is the bearded faggot has not been part of a team or a studio which made a Populous or a Dungeon Keeper so don't compare those two.

It's an independent company, not a government organization. The investigation will end with them basically sending a strongly worded letter. PR blunder, yes, but this means jack shit in the big picture.

Song name?

I see a lot about Sean hitting it big with lods of emone and laughing all the way to the bank, but how much of it is really true? Didn't they suffer a hit from all the refunds? And doesn't Sony get a cut for it due to being the publishers? Sure, I bet Sean made some money out of it, but I'm not inclined to believe that he became loaded to hell and back, and the amount of refunds wasn't exactly from a small amount of users either, especially now that we know that the sales just outright froze after the first few weeks.

Wonder what the investors are doing to Sean. They sure want their money back they put into the development.

In fact, who the hell funded it? Sony only dropped the coin for marketing.

10 is average, user.

gross

You're looking for Franz Schubert's Ave Maria (it's a common theme, there are a few variations of it and many covers).

I could smell the blood in the water when there was an interview or discussion on some tech show and one guy said "so… what can you actually do?", and the other guys there got super butthurt and frustrated and chewed him out.
This was a long time ago, when the hype was only just building, I wish I still had the video.

Remember Alien's Colonial Marines. Pay the minimal to make a game that looks fully complete and functional. A false front so that you can pocket the rest of the money or use it for other projects

That would have to be the gametrailers video (which gametrailers is no more) but the video still lives on.

Jesus
That guy is really fucking creepy. I don't think he can hold a conversation with a woman for more than 5 minutes without her running for her life.

I never use archive, I just don't click this shit. Stop spreading shit you hate.

yep, that's the one. Fucking twats.

I'm reading through the comments on the highest rated reviews and it's incredible how completely braindead and salty steam users are.

Did the gray hoodie guy kill himself after the game bombed?

Guy in the suit was right.
Guys in the back are absolute cucks.

Do they know what projection is?

How about a fucking working game that thousands of people paid $60 for? Do they not know how business works?

NMS fanboys confirmed retarded damage controlling cucks. Glad to see their little fantasy toppling down.

Damn, it just occurred to me that Sean Murrey resembles Nigel Thornberry a lot.

Damn, it just occurred to me that Sean Murray resembles Nigel Thornberry a lot.

hell be fine

Reading the article, it says the worst this group can do is shut the advertising down. Sadly, while that will make the news and make people see the lies, it will not save the industry.

Yeah, that's where he's gonna go cause he's a fucking degenerate.

My favourite god of air and tranny ;_;

Did you read the thread?

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this but if Hello Games loses the case then their biggest headache will be the fact that anybody who bought the game can sue them in small claims court for a refund.

Sony: We've done a risk assessment and we determined there's a high chance of a class action lawsuit
Sean: Yes
Sony: We advise you to disappear from the public eye or we will have a our attack lawyers rape you to death
Sean: Yes

Requesting the archives for the old NMS threads, it is so cathartic to read through the broken dreams now.

I remember all the old NMS threads were really skeptical about it.

Dark times we live in, when something called shitposting is actually more fun than playing vidya for free.

He's definitely been quiet lately, his last twitter is from august 17th.

Todd is next.

Were they really shills, manning up the cannons on release? Every time NMS is mentioned, the defense force materializes.

Fallout 3 was shit, people recognized it as such, so they got someone else to make New Vegas. Then they waited a few years for nostalgia goggles to kick in, and announced Fallout 4 rather short before release. That generates hype, people go in hyped, just like NMS they fool themselves into thinking it's good for a while, and since it's at least got some shit to do unlike NMS so they believe it long enough.
By now a lot of people started disliking F4 realizing it's shit, so Bethesda will either have someone else make the next installment again or just wait a few years, and repeat the process.

I don't think I've seen anybody on this site defend NMS, and the ones who do are clearly shitposting.

Any Austfags want to report it to accc.gov.au/consumers/misleading-claims-advertising/false-or-misleading-claims it would be good for a laugh.

I would but I wasn't stupid enough to buy it so I can't.

It's the "Ave Maria" heard in the Hitman series.

When you promise the Moon and fail to deliver, you shouldn't be surprised when you're smashed for it.

Don't forget how all the good talent left after being censored due to SJW faggots and how Obsidian is now using Fig to use the money for their own bullshit and to scam more people.

The difference is that Molyneux actually released good games that he oversold during development.
Nu Man's Sky is literally just half-finished.

The game is less than half-finished. The majority of features that were promised aren't in the game.

Is No Man's Sky the worst game of all time?

no its Strawberry Shortcake on Atari

at least that features a cute loli

ur a cute loli

its that obvious huh

Are people still sticking up for this game? Are have the fan boys woken up?

No.

Still a bunch of retarded cucks then? I thought too much of people to think they might wake up.

It's kind of amazing how unwilling they are to admit they fucked up and would rather spend all this time and energy defending the very people that Jewed them out of their money.

those all have negative scores, even though there are people saying those things it would seem they are not commonly held opinions.

The director looks like the epitome of a low testosterone, effeminate, cuckold millenial yuppie hipster.

The shitty beard
the skinny fat no muscles
the droopy shoulders chum pose
The Beta attitude
The Cuckold who lets 3rd wave feminism and PC culture trample over him.

People like him should be shamed by males so we never, ever ,EVER let our race become withered husks of men like him.

Also, he's jewish, so he's even worse.

Unfortunately under US law, nothing can be done. As an example I would cite Aliens Colonial Marines, which had a lawsuit against it dropped as the court found insufficient evidence of false advertising. The reason being they couldn't prove that everyone had purchased the game for the same lies.

In the case of the ASA investigation, they have no legal power to enforce fines or punishment, they can only give recommendations on advertising and suggest refunds where appropriate.

All that will happen here, is that Hello Games will get a slap on the wrist, and told not to do it again. While they run off with all the money they made.

The ASA operate in the UK.

IIRC there is precedent for the ASA reclaiming shekels for false advertising.
And with a studio name that has been run straight into the ground. What company is gonna hire Sean "Amazing!" Murray after this?

It's in crowbcat's comp.

this is why we need right wing death squads.

(checked)

You ever consider that western men have nothing else to do with their energy and lives. Opportunity and self-respect has been taken from them. You want men to fight yet expect them to give up everything when nobody else is interested in fighting the system. All they have left is escapism.

What happened when he found out it was shit