Vice City
GTA 3
GTA 5
There is no 5th

1. sandcastle
2. knocking other people's sandcastles down
3. throwing sand at girls
4. putting dog poop in the sand
5. bury myself in sand and waiting for my parents to forget about me and go home on their own

Saints Row 2 and Skyrim. Why skyrim you ask? Because of all the sex mods.

Skyrim
Morrowind
Oblivion
Daggerfall
Arena

The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction
Prototype
Prototype

If I want to try the Yakuza games, which one should I get first?

The first one. How is this a question?

Mercenaries
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Steambot Chronicles
Saint's Row 2
Grand Nigger Auto San Andreas

S.T.A.L.K.E.R SoC
Might and Magic 6
New Vegas
Morrowind
Wasteland

My favorite sandbox game is burying myself in a sandbox and pretending to be a narutard character

Yakuza
Yakuza 2
Steambot Chronicles
Yakuza 4
Yakuza 5

Honerable mentions to;
Shenmue
Shenmue 2
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Saint's Row 2
Yakuza 3
Saboteur

for shame

Is that the new one or that one that was on e the same engine of ultimate Spiderman?

It's the old one.

Ultimate Spiderman was fucking good too *tfw never played spiderman 2*

Vice City
Far Cry 2
Red Dead Redemption
Stalker SoC
Hitman Blood Money

shiggidy diggidy doo

Nobody gives a shit about your shitty H-game.

Skyrim
Morrowind
Daggerfall

Gmod
GTA V
That's pretty much it tbh

Way of the Samurai 4
Saints Row 3
DC Universe Online
Black Desert
Metal Gear Solid 5

Most people think a game is a sandbox if it doesnt has corridors levels and loadings. Even games that are just a bunch of levels put together with loadings in between were mentioned.
Very few people will ever use your creative playground definition, because very fucking few games do that, because most gamers are lazy casuald without any creativity to explore those games potential.

I thought some of those obscure russian FPS sanboxes(not STALKER) would be mentioned, not even Just Cause 2 was mentioned

Morrowind
heavily modded Fallout 3 with weapon crafting, weapon handling rehauling, vertibird backup request, and other various shit
Daggerfall (truest sandbox game ever made)
GTA IV
Mafia I

Ultima 7 could've been great but I hate the controls.

Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man 2
Spider-Man 2

In no real order
Fallout New Vegas
Saints row 3
Hitman Blood Money
GTA 5: The Heist
Maybe Star ocean: The second Story, if that counts.

nicely done

Kek concurs.

Sid Meier's Pirates!
Mount & Blade: Warband
Escape Velocity Nova
Space Rangers 2
Darklands

Red Dead
Mountain Blade, technically

Saint's Row 2
Just Cause 2
Minecraft
Dragon's Dogma?
Just Cause 3

Minecraft
Garry's Mod
GTA V
Super Mario Maker

I regret nothing

The 3 S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Freeplay mods.
1. Doom's Mod Merge
2. The Faction Wars
3. Call of Chernobyl
The helicopters are annoying in CoC, there's no cooldown to how many times the military ai can call in the same fucking one constantly patrolling the map and there's no fucking limit the helicopter can stay on the field or aggressive against you..

1. cornflakes
2. Cornflakes
3. CORNFLAKES
4. CORNFLAKES!

you forgot

The Godfather game was pretty sweet.

I never had much issue getting away from the chopper, after about a minute behind cover he seems to fuck off entirely, until another militaryfag calls for it
That compared to the ridiculous amount of anomalies in DMM, which also all happen to be invisible and everywhere, when you're not given a detector by default, leads to 80% of the travelling consisting of slow walking while tossing bolts in front of me.
And faction wars crashes like every 30 minutes because lol CS engine.
CoC ends up being my go-to mod for these reasons, which isn't all that great since it doesn't quite have as much content (a.k.a. shit to do), maybe the 1.4 update has more stuff, but I'll wait for more addons to show up.

My nigga.

Sorry, Vivian, more than one person entered this time, no Ford for you.

This, except I'm waiting for STCoP weapon pack. Supposedly there's some main missions in 1.4, and I've got it ready to deploy but the weapon pack hasn't been updated yet for it.

1. mount and blade warband
2. GTA games including red dead
3. Cities Skylines/Tropico
4. the sims
5. minecraft

I was about to make a list and place TES on it.
Thankfully I remembered Mount and Blade.

1.Native
2.Phantasy Calradia
3.Deus Vult
4.Warsword
5.I haven't played fifth mod. I already wasted enough life on 4 above.

Muh BALOOOOOOONNN

I dont get why people think of Mount & Blade, its a game that reminds me of old jrpgs except the enemy encounters arent random and the combat doesnt suck ass.
But wathever.

because its a sandbox game?

For me thats very large stretch. But like i said, whatever.

Oblivion, Warband, Skyrim, Warcraft3 map editor, Minecraft.

kek

that game has some really decent mods.

got a link for the full video?

youtube.com/watch?v=E1eNIvs9-AE

Saints Row 2

Red Dead Redemption

Vice City

Dragon's Dogma

New Vegas

cheers cunt. I'm guessing this guy didn't like what happened with 4 either

its a game with no clear objectives and you can do whatever you want. its more of a sandbox than most games in this thread.
how do you beat mount and blade?

I think more about the gameplay standpoint. On Mount & Blade you are mostly walking on a overworld map and getting into enemy encounters that just load a generic battleground, just like a jrpg. If you think thats a sandbox game, you might as well add games like Civilization and Total War into this.

that guy is kinda retarded, but honestly its the best video comparing sr2 to sr3 I found.

He says that sr2 fixes multiplayer (apart from removing most popular game mod) but that's not true. SR2 multiplayer was so full of cheaters it was almost impossible to play. All the cheats and trainers worked online so basically everyone could just cheat.

Also one important point he missed is that now in coop you can't replay old missions anymore. In Saints Row 2 you could just go into the safehouse and replay missions you had already done. Does not work in sr3 anymore.

Morrowind:
Fantastic story and world that feels internally consistent. Decent bow mechanics for stealth archery

Skyrim
Shit story and bethesda level glitchyness but good atmos and better stealth archery

Witcher 3
Shit at stealth archery but better atmos than Skyrim, a good story arc and sidequests aren't "kill 5 rats" but "kill this really big ghost rat"

Space engineers
Engineering in space. No stealth archery, though.

Mount & blade
Fucking fantastic. I would fellate the devs for early access to Bannerlord because of this game. Only stealth archery is when you hide behind your other archers.

fallout 4

haven't played m&b in ages, your post made me think I should do some more stealth archery soon.

I hope that the introduction of Agents Of Mayhem will mean that volition will reboot saints row to get rid of the whacky over the top stuff and return to the dark humour and tones of SR1-2

oh, ok. nevermind.

Same here my nigga

Elona
MGS V
Fable
Project Gorgon
Ultima Online

No particular order

Now you are just being dense and projecting

Red Dead Redemption
Skyrim with Sex Mods

Witcher 3
Minceraft
Red Ded
Red faction: Harambe
Gta san andreas/III
Driver: San Francisco
Spiderman 2

sorry user. look it up. youre misinformed. a sandbox game is the dead opposite of linear. gameplay style has little to nothing to do with it. "sandbox" isnt a genre, its an approach.
a JRPG could be a sandbox game. it could also be extremely linear.
civilization and total war both have clear objectives and there is a clear progression and end. technically morrowind isnt a true sandbox, but because of the amount of side missions and personal goals you can set, some consider it.

words have meaning user

You fucking niggers.

TES IV: Oblivion (and the DLCs)
Shadow of the Colossus
GTA 5
New Vegas
Witcher 3

X3: TC/AP
Sim City 4
Eve Online
Rollercoaster Tycoon 2
The Sims

I believe we should start a dedicated thread

Is that count chocoula making sex mod videos

what

You new or just a moron?

are you guys for real? LOL!

Postal 2
MGSVTPP
Skyrim
Fallout NV
GTA SA

I already explained this to another user. And by the standards of the literal definition, Mount & Blade definetly isnt a sandbox game.
I said why i, me, personally, dont think it is, and you are being dense or literally retarded about it.

minecraft is just shitty 3d df, not the other way around

Morrowind
Morrowind
Morrowind
Morrowind
Witcher 3

Morrowind
Mount and Blade Warband
Saints Row 2
Fallout New Vegas

That's all I can think of

Saints Row is not a sandbox game, it is an open world game. Learn the fucking difference. That said top 5 open world games:
1. Mafia: The City of Lost Heaven
2. Bully
3. Gothic 2
4. Shadow of Chernobyl
5. Saints Row 2.

Assuming, on the other hand, that you actually meant top 5 sandbox games:
Warband
Gmod
The Sims 3 (preferably with Kinkyworld)
Space Engineers or at least some non-existent ideal version of it that fucking works
OpenTTD though it's debatably not a true sandbox

Says the 6354534254 guy in this thread thinking he is a genius for knowing what the strict definiton of "sanbox" actually is.

Lol

How has this not been posted yet?

Ok, then Call of Chernobyl.

Learn the difference the next 20 times you post this faggoty template.

I know OP said 5 games, but I'm forgetting my first sandbox , and I still play it once or twice a week

Motherfucking Driver 2

Let me guess, babbys first bethesda game?

You guessed wrong, F3 is far superior to the old isometric games and F:NV
Haven't played F4 yet, so I don't know.

Deal with it ;^)

Oh, so just shit taste that loves themeparks.

u mad faggot?

why? that game was a hideous downgrade from the first one

Where's that screenshot from?

Stop it, user. You're making me pity you

Speaking of Tropico, is the third one decent?

Fallout 3 is a shit themepark

In fact, Fallout 4 is even worse

Leaving the car to grab another. Just for that driver 2 is superior to the first.

I liked the cities better (except las vegas) it has a wider variety of missions.
I still remember a vidya magazine announcing D2 , and one of the features of the time was that D2 had curves, kek

Never. The best thing about that crap was the banther between Rockstart and Cucksoft.

It's fine but too easy. Cars were a solid addition.

GTA 3/VC/SA/4
Saints Row 2

Protip: Any sandbox that has pseudoRPG garbage like xp-meter and skill trees instead of unlockable rewards for completing side missions is trash GTA SA is exception since you can bypass that with Notepad edit of one of the game data files, plus in general sidemission approach is still there

is any of those EA survival sandbox games actually gonna come out. heard some of them are getting console release so probably around that time? unless consoles allow full fucking EA games out there too then nothing changes.

really want one to pick and stick with when its fucking done or worth a damn.

No, they are scams to suck money out of idiots.

wheres a good spot to start fucking with mount and blade
viking reforged version?

nevermind that viking reforged has all the xpacs and shit

Does Mafia 2 runs on the same engine as the first one? I have everything maxed out and its looks like a game made on very old tech with some eye candy slapped over it.
The faces, hair and car models dont look any better than Mafia 1. They just like have a coat of shaders over it.

Well the first one was fairly budget title, with second one it was even more prominent.

1. GTA San Andreas
2. Saints Row 2
3. GTA Vice City
4. M&B Warband
5. Red Dead Redemption

I would have included Mafia I but outside the bonus free ride mode it wasn't really much of a sandbox

the first one

Are you sure we were playing the same game?
The graphics were pretty damn good, one of the few good points about Mafia II (full of wasted potential).

Dorf Fort. Like always. Also best game in history of gaming.

I have the game installed right now. Its a way more reliable source than your memory. Some of the side characters that only appear once have way less of the eye candy mask over then and look literally like the models of Mafia 1.

Well, fuck off then, nigger

go back to reddit

STALKER
Morrowind
Daggerfall
Elite II
GTA:SA

have i lost touch?

I bet you cant even name 5 sandbox games. Thats why itt we dont give a fuck about your gammar nazi shit.

I have it installed too and I fail to see how character models look "literally" like in Mafia 1. Mafia I looked good back in the day but not that good.