InXile has recently announced that it will be developing Wasteland 3

Wait for it

nichegamer.com/2016/09/28/wasteland-3-announced-will-use-fig-crowdfund/

I wonder who could be behind this. Can we expect a shitstorm from this? Seriously, this is the first I've seen Fig mentioned outside the great conman himself.

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/ITYxv
twitter.com/McDermie/status/677627235386437633
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How come these companies keep crowdfunding? I thought kickstarter what for weird ideas or your first game and then you're supposed to use the profit from the game to move foward, not use it as a permanent home, some sort of twisted pre-order house where you don't even know if you're getting the game you paid for.

Wow

this

would

be cool!

Can you

more

reddit

spacing

I've seen this format for years now, it isn't exclusively reddit you witch hunting mongoloids.

I don't know, man. It looked clustered as shit when I looked over it. Then again, I'm on shitty mobile. Nice digits, though! Check em!!

Thats not how greentext is supposed to fucking work. I only use spaces when its a solid paragraph not for every fucking line like I've seen some redditors do here

WOAH

HOL

UP

U
BE
SAYING

ANOTHER

SHITTY

ISOMETRIC

OVERDONE

CASUAL

RPG SHIT

IS

BEING CROWD

FUNDED

INDIE
U
BE SAYING
?

The devs are massive SJWs and friends with Mr. Shitface.

Should I [spoiler] pirate [spoiler\] Wasteland 2? I remember it being boring but Irc it was an early version. The art work is aesthetically pleasing.

I FAILED WITH THE SPOILERTAG REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Did they ever fix wasteland 2 or is everything still a mess like assault rifles being the only good choice or something like that?

I want to try it but not if they never bothered to fix it.

SHIEEEYT

Well the Interplay founder was never good at watching out for blinking warning signs

Isnt the doctor with the scar supposed to be a kid

yes
i
could
my
buddy
ol
pal
stay
triggered
friend
:^)

>>>/cuckchan/

Also trips

Noice m8

as if they needed even more help milking the nostalgia out of games and Wasteland 2 was a blast when I played it

wasteland 2 was shit, and I have no hopes for torment tides of numenera. they waste time and money on console releases instead of concentrating on one version.

Eurogamer has these prototype screens

Why do they still need money from gullible retards again? they said Wasteland 2 made them money, and it doesn't help when Mr. Shitface's fig is a load of bullshit.

Sure, it's pre-alpha and an early-beta too I bet.

go here please >>/shower/

fucking why though? the only difference from kickstarter is that you get to keep the money if you dont reach your goal. do they have so little faith in their product?

I get that it's less of a strain on the team to make a lot of nothing, but damn dude can't they just take a cool location?

We already know these fags can't make boring locations interesting unlike Obsidian did with New Vegas, so why not take a city of some kind?
Just a waste, if you can't have good writing the least you could do is give me good locations

Why are you surprised?
One of the owners of InXile is also the owner of Fig.

Why the fuck do they need to use crowdfunding?
If a game sells well a makes a profit the company itself should make the sequel.
Fuck this shit. Are they really going to have to leech funds from fans every time they make a game?

How the fuck would you know what reddit spacing looks like?

Is anyone looking forward to this? Wasteland 2 had a lot of cringey sjw writing and the gameplay was a lot more luck based than kill based. I don't get where the hype for it came from.

because they're smart enough to know that idiots will throw loads of money at them
It increases their profits if the game does well

FIG FUG :-DDDDDDDD

They're generating exposure for their friend's crowdfunding platform while milking retards for easy capital see

Powered by Unity

I didn't buy WL2 because I fucking hate desert/arid settings and the codex said it was decline.

But snow/arctic settings are like fucking opium to me. I'll keep an ear to the groud but I trust inixle about as much as I trust EA after the Brother "how many kikes should we keep alive" None debacle.

You have no idea how much it hurts to see my heroes turn into villains like this

The first game was shit so I don't really care but

I hope they fail horribly

I'm not sure how they could make Wasteland 2 any worse, but I'd like to see them try.

brian fargo is an owner of (((fig))), so it's not really surprising

coloroado could be cool as a setting if it were focused on the mountains

i also think a reoccupied mesa verde could be kinda neat

Instead of using money to get a decent engine, they're going to use a suicide service to make another shitty unity game.

I've got nothing against unity, mind you, but the way they used it last time, and how they managed to fuck up the directors cut is simply atrocious.

Eh, i enjoyed 2. I'll get this one on sale

Hey kids, i loved wasteland 2, any recommendations of similar games i would enjoy?

I wish I could've seen all this coming so I could've spared myself from it.

No he's right, I've seen this formatting for years, even I use it to separate thoughts when typing.

This reddit spacing shit has become only a recent issue, and one that came out of the blue.

Wasteland.

Why do they need crowdfunding? If the first game was crowd funded, that means a huge part of the sales would be profit since you don't need to return an investment. Is this purely getting money they don't need, or would they otherwise need investors and publisher that would tell them how to make it?

I was expecting that you cheeky fuck

wasteland 3

$$\left[\frac{ayy}{lmao}\right]$$

Is there like a physical requirement for you to be retarded and have done 0 research and to not fully understand what you are talking about to post on this website?

The biggest problem with Fig was how it ripped off people looking to invest in game development, for general consumers just wanting to pay early for a cheaper release or get backer rewards it's no different that Kikestarter, Inxile have already announced that they would offer an alternative method for backing the game and will more than likely accept pledges after release just like all of their other titles. You are losing your shit over nothing.

I'm not looking to invest but I do think that Fig is fucking full of shit in terms of it's investment policies, also it was co-founded by one of the guys from Indiefund and Indiefund are full of shit.

Inxile can already afford to fund this project themselves, they made around 8 million off of Wasteland 2 using conservative estimates that assume all non backer purchases were made at a discount and that it sold 0 copies on consoles. A Crowdfunding campaign is useful for gauging consumer interest for the company and it also lets people who are interested in paying early to get the game at a major discount, it's a mutually beneficial situation, the only risk is if the game is good or not, if you didn't like Wasteland 2 then wait for a final release, if you liked Wasteland 2 and are willing to save $20 then sure go ahead and back the game.

Wasteland 3 is already funded by 1.6 million dollars and that's split between Fig 40%, Inxile 40% and outside backers 20%

He doesn't own it, how is this as a concept hard to understand

Things that aren't actually happening

No he isn't

I'm unsure if this game is realtime or pre rendered but the jagged as fuck snow makes me think it's real time, but then the sheer amount of foliage in the first pic makes me think it's pre rendered.

Was Numenera even released, or did they just ran away with the money?

Can you try using your brain for just 1 second, do you really think that they would have ran away with the money and then asked for more money?

They pushed back the release date again to next year you can play the beta right now, I haven't tried it, I'm going to wait for the full release.

Don't they use a mix pretty frequently in isometics now?

They removed all the interesting colour based mechanics and replaced them with a health bar.

It's fun and with piracy you don't have to pay for it. Just be sure to use the Indian NPC in your party as he shit talks the lesbians you meet later in the game and it's hilarious.

Tim Schafer did that.

And they co-own their new scam platform with him so I think it's safe to be skeptical.

holy shit man thanks

They can but I'm not sure whether they will, I think the screenshots may just be renders and not the actual game, pre rendered is probably the better of both worlds now, especially considering how laggy Wasteland 2 the directors cut would get in certain locations. The only thing I'd want from this is improved more fluid combat.

I don't even like Tim Schafer and I know he didn't do that.

Skeptical of what? the only way you are getting duped is by investing in the game expecting a return, the companies legal gobbledy gook gives you a really shit deal that instead involves you buying shares from the company at well above their value and puts you at a low priority for receiving returns on your investment. The game developers themselves still have to make good on the games they are promising thanks to the FTC stepping in after some failed Kickstarters.

Of them releasing a half finished game and running off with all the money like Mr. Shitface did and 99% of early access and kickstarter games do. Also after making Wasteland 2 on unity I don't expect the best out of them. God Wasteland 2 is a fun game but the graphics give me eye cancer.

But that's a standard with any and all EA and kickstarter titles yet you were implying that there was a need to be especially skeptical thanks to fig, and when told there wasn't you backtrack to the standard that anyone expects.

Mr. Shitface co-owns it along with the developers of the game how is that not a reason to be skeptical? He already pulled the half finished game scam and the developers are friends and business partners with him why wouldn't they be just as shitty as their friend.

So guess there is no hope for the other game they are working on. I haven't seen anyone mentioning it but inXile is working on a sequel to the bard's tale on unreal 4.
archive.is/ITYxv

Why do people use these scam sites?

Because they own 2/6ths of it.

It reminds me of Pillars, a bit blurry in the details but great looking overall

No that isn't a reason to be especially skeptical, there are no sources that point to Tim Schafer as an investor in Fig, I can only find sources that show him as an advisor for Fig, you can't fault everyone else who works at fig for the actions of one schithead who scammed people, and on top of this there has been nothing from Fargo or Inxile that shows they are leaning on scamming people, they've expanded their business multiple times, they've built at least 2 new offices in new locations and they are constantly hiring. It's just crowdfunding as usual and you can't prove otherwise. And yet again I've already point at Figs shortcomings as an crowdfunding investment platform.

They just released a teaser for it.

Well I certainly would like people here to get their facts straight instead of fear mongering like always. I'm not even saying back the game or use fig.

(Checked)
I pirated Wastelands 2 and it was too slow and buggy. As ever other game I've tried runs just fine on my PC I assume that engine must be especially shit.

That's because the game is shit.

Tim Shafter actually owns Fig outright, Brian Fargo who presented as the underdog ripped his Planesecape fans off with a not yet released game which he kikestarted and then expansion gouged $100 kike + $60"The Gut" (I know I'm a buyer, they did have "apologies" on their site after complaints about the artificial nature of the second non-kike campaign) $160 down and nothing to show.

We all know Torment is going to be a prime example of leftist pandering on par with PoE, and that W3 will be a complete piece of shit.

The only good things about these games was the writing, and they chased off their best writer to replace him with dumb cunts pooled from tumblr.

Isn't Fig Schafer's triple scam?

THIS

fuck josh sawyer
that cunt can blow a shotgun

I want outdated has-been devs to leave gaming alone.

Fucking dropped.

I wish everyone leave gaming alone.

Yes, Mr. Shitface is behind it. Damn shame since Outer Wilds is on it.

Wasteland 2 was extremely mediocre, they're probably running with anonymous big investors over kickstarter backers this time because literally no one cares about a sequel.

That's putting it lightly.

And people wonder why the game plays like shit and has writing so anemic and forgettable nobody could have given a fuck about any of it.

Stop enabling devs to take less responsibility for their actions. I could care less if their successful or not. Crowdfunding is nothing more than money aken from the gullible that they will never get back. Purpose of investors is to take a a chance on a product to see profit from it. Crowdfunding is a way for devs to take investor-like money and never needimg to pay it back. It's a reason economy is going to shit and why there are far more people bad with money.

Not encouraging it.

What I'm really looking forward is Tim Shitter to fig them over.

no

Dr. Blackjack is the world's best surgeon. Also known as the world's most expensive doctor
He once removed a parasite from his own stomach while under attack from dingoes.
Because fuck why not

Fountain of Dreams

Did you ever imagine back in the day that these "champion of videogames indie devs who will stick it to the AAA man" would turn out even more corrupt and Jewish?

I did since I knew a lot of them only found themselves in their situation by being irresponsible with money and that tended towards acting like asshole celebrities

But Mr Shitface doesn't own fig, he's an advisor for Fig, do you even know what Fig is? Fig is an investment scam/ kikestarter platform that invests in the games that it puts up for crowdfunding as well as letting smaller people "invest" in the games, Fig also provides publishing, distribution and marketing services for games crowdfunded on it.

How would Shitface who has no hand in Wasteland 3 fig it's shit up?

IRRC there's a part in FIG's terms of use that says something along the lines of FIG being able to take funds from one project to fund others. Psychonauts 2 seems to be the game FIG is banking on for notoriety and if it fails the platform may fail as well. With Mr. Shitface's track record I wouldn't be surprised if they had to move fund around and screw lesser games to save Psychonauts 2 when it inevitably goes over-budget.

I don't recall reading that part, but that does sound fishy, but how would they even take money off of other pojects to give to another, Psychonauts already recieved all of it's cash would they have to ask the project for it's money back?

Undoubtedly Psychonauts will run over budget, but that's a good thing, in fact that's a great thing, because when that game runs over budget maybe Mr. Shitface will be forced out of the industry.

SF cabal then.

twitter.com/McDermie/status/677627235386437633
Apparently it applies to Game Shares. It would be definitely be too fishy if it was backer funds.

Is Wasteland 2 worth it?

Well yes, I've already pointed out that one of the major investors was from Indie Fund, the same indie fund that would invest in indie games then use it's ties with some major Indie game awards to award games they've funded in order to give them better PR and collect the prize money, the same Indie Fund that helped Fez win that award twice.

The platform is shady like I've already pointed out with the way that when you invest in a game you don't actually invest in a game you buy shares in their company for a massively inflated price and are low priority when it comes to receiving a return on your investment.

Because of the FTC stepping in from failed kikestarters it's possible to hold companies and people accountable for failing to deliver on crowdfunded projects.

That's still pretty shady, I'm still confused as to how they would enforce such an act, especially after a game has it's funds.

Some people like it some people hate it, I liked it, it had good writing in parts, it had some cool characters, I love the Wasteland setting, I enjoyed that it had a large mid game shift, I enjoyed the combat, the game is ugly as sin, you can't pull your men into a formation when exploring, some of the factions were good some were bad, It has performance issues, give it a try and see for yourself

ALERT

I watched some videos and read some articles about it and it seems like fig is a massive investment scam. I would not give them any money in case there ends up being some big criminal investigation. The risk of being caught up in conspiracy charges is too high.

The chances of being caught up in conspiracy charges are negligible to non existent, the probability of your money ending up in some shitty collaborator's retirement fund with about 10-20% making it into actual development is a near certainty though.

I hope you are right. Apparently you have to agree to all sorts of legal stuff and aren't protected in the same way a normal customer would be. I am worried that if the FBI saw your name in a list with a whole bunch of organised crime types then they might just assume you are one too. Perhaps you wouldn't get charged but you'd still have to deal with being raided, arrested and questioned.

You're thinking far too little about the nature of their scam, I don't think it's shortchanging devs or running away with the funds, that's too easy to catch, especially if you're planning on shortchanging A tier companies that would have lawyers Figs scam if anything is going to be not paying out to platform investors because a game technically lost money thanks to hollywood see: jewish accounting, it's paid reviews, it's using your journo pawns to hype games that suck dicks, it's contractual clauses that allow Fig to obtain the rights to or publishing exclusivity to successful games.

You mean something invented by schafer is shady as fuck?
No way.