Is it good?

Is it good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PL099F16C7182C50CD
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yup. Go magic with your protagonist.

2 ain't bad either, not as good, but not bad. Just make sure you get the remake versions of both.

Yes. Buy it.

It is pretty good.

It's pretty great, go get it. Atsuro a bro and Overlord ending a best.

Can we agree that Yuzu was the worst?

Yuzu is so lame her route doesn't even get a final boss.

Midori was worst to me.

Her tits were pretty great user.

Midori is retard moe, also a can't have.

Only after midori. Haru is best though.

The character design completely ruined the game's atmosphere. They should have used the same designer as the Raidou games.

Kaneko wouldn't work on this trash.

Pretty sure it was intentional. Give the worst route that requires the least effort to the worst person, so that way you actively avoid it and search for new options

I heard the remakes were worse than the originals. I wasn't given any specifics as to why though, I think it had to do with the remakes having the NG+ where you only got to keep one demon.

Remakes are always worse. They're tainted by jewry since they only exist to make more money

Kinda. You get points every playthrough, like 100 for never dieing or never doing free battles or getting Atsuro's ending, etc. You can use these points to choose how the next playthrough is altered, such as keeping all your Macca, having a discount on the Compendium, carrying over 1,2, 8 etc demons, or unlocking the Lucifer battle.
I prefer the remake as it has more demons, more skills and an extra 8th day on 3 routes.

At least, she isn't Kaido which the MC has no reason to befriend. Seriously, Kaido attacked people and everyone pretended that nothing happen later on. I wished that I could screw him over without screwing myself over. People might hate Yuzu, Midori, and Keisuke but at least they could be proven wrong. Pure chaosfag wankfest. Didn't the guy basically won a demon for losing a handicap bet that he made? Isn't that incredibly pathetic? I really wish that I could play a SMT game without this bs that is not some dating sim.

Also, fuck the 8th day.

The original DS1 is pretty bad. Half assed routes and straight up untranslated dialogue in a few instances.

TBH Devil Survivor 2 for 3DS is better, but both games are good and playable.

Starting with Overclocked is the best option probably.

I liked the Chaos 8th day when you convince everyone that angels are dicks by being the bigger man and letting go

Yeah, and worth the replays.

This man speaks the truth. Drain is almighty and scales something fierce, and heals both MP and HP.

Nice taste.

I liked her tits and her on a whole when she wasn't being a Yoohoo

The good Demon king ending was Persona 4 level get everything you want ending.

She's hot as fuck. But yeah, I can see why her attitude was so grating. I don't blame her tho. A normal person would be freaking out in that situation.

I hated her too. But I was glad to see her learn her lesson and grow the fuck up.

Made my dick diamonds

Her as well.

I agree on you with Kaido being a shit, but I think there is something you can do. If you convince Keisuke to koin you without killing Yama, Midori ditches your group and eventually fights you with Kaido. It's been a while since I did that, so I can't remember what happens afterwards.
I also enjoyed the 8th days, whay did you hate about them?

Midori teams up with Kaido to fight you. Loses their Comps and Midori is found dead later.

It changes the ending from "Did we do the right thing?" to yes or no. Also, this

She would put up with any other solution but the demon king one so basically her ending is if you don't have confidence on yourself.

Accept your might
You gotta be kidding
Hit a baby with a table
Let's get in that tunnel

Gotcha. I did feel some sort of tonal difference, but never thought too much into it. As for getting Midori killed, nice. Will have to use that bit of info to get gf back into completing it

I'm stuck on Babel's second form on Atsubro's route. I can destroy everything easily until that point, then suddenly fuck you everyone is dead, and the only real strategy I see on guides and such is to grind 10+ levels, then shoot it until it dies.
I sure as fuck don't remember this much of a spike between first and second forms when I beat this way back on the DS version.

What is your lineup?

Atsuro, Midori, Mari
Izuna and Keisuke on reserve
On the job so can't check levels but hovering around 58 iirc. MC is a phys build with Pierce and Deathbound. Can't remember buch else because I kind of gave up a couple weeks ago.

If you get back to it, give your MC Drain Hit and Ares Aid if you have them. If you have Multi Strike, test it out un a free battle if your AG isn't shit. Give Midori Elec Dance, Elec Boost, and Elec Amp and the same to Mari with Force. Make sure every team has some form of Recarm. Any time a human is revived, their turn is next, so use that and any Tyrants you can get to make sure Babel never gets a turn. Supplement Mari and Midori with Drain or Mana aid so they don't run dry, as well as Holy Dance and Megidolaon for when their elements are being resisted.

This is so dirty and scummy I can't wait to try it out. Too bad I fused away my overleveled Hecate and I can't fuse an Astaroth with adequate skills but it's not like I had high regards for that save. Thanks, I'll see what I can do.

No problem. Come back whenever you dig it back up with more details and better advice can be given

>This alone isn't enough to defeat Lucifer
Even the "Hit Everyone with a free action" bosses from 2 aren't so keen on making everyone suffer like this.

He's not so much a test of skill as a test of how well you can take advantage of the system's mechanics

This man gets it. The entire premise behind the game is to ask how people would act under horrible circumstances, and everyone handles it erratically except for the MC, Atsubro and the people who caused it to begin with.

The game went out of its way to show humans dogging other humans for their own benefit (eg, people midori saved turning on her, summoners threatening non summoners, infighting and chaos) and also how certain personalities would act - Honda was very manipulative and sneaky initially, Keisuke's justice rumble, midori projecting her fantasies, haru thinking she was responsible, etc.

It's not just a matter of 'durr this character is annoying', they all had a reason for acting out.
And if you want, you can actually effectively remove midori and kaido from the plot by agreeing with keisuke, though this locks you out of the chaos ending.

It's okay, I only ever bothered finishing a single route. Not good enough to warrant multiple playthroughs unless it's the only game you're currently interested in. Tried the second one for a few hours but it really lacked the same kind of unique vibe the first had. There are much better series spinoffs like the DDS dulogy to play first if you're not exclusively looking for handheld stuff.

Much truth

Yeah, the only advantage the 2nd has over the first is that it has some good boss fights and some really good boss music. Song related.

Honestly, the best music comes from the Triangulum arc. This shit actually feels a bit tense. Special mention goes to the final boss theme. The bosses in Triangulum are bettet then the Septentriones, except for Arcturus

This is the best boss theme I've had the pleasure of hearing in the last 5 years.

I liked how you fought the different elements and became more powerful over the fight with Arcturus.

Yeah, unlike Yukari in P3 FES, Yoohoo's behavior is more sympathizable and makes sense.

No, but I can agree you're a bitch. :^)

That's not really a boss theme as much of a battlefield theme. I prefer Battle of the Brave. The Anguished One's theme is comfy as fuck, also.

Agreed, but that's Canopus you are thinking of. Arcturus is the giant slab with the field fire attack. Also known as Beldr 2: The Electric Boogaloo.

Give this one a listen

This nigga gets it.

And this nigga REALLY gets it. Yuzu being a not-that-well-together chode was the entire point of them enduring days inside a total societal breakdown—and mind you the shit didn't hit the fan because they had a means to protect themselves through the comps. Yuzu's path and ending on the DS version ended up being my favorite because she wasn't spouting heroic shit or scrambling to find some fucking middle ground. Power was gone, beasts were ripping into people in packs, people were being assholes to one another over dwindling food and water (in JAPAN of all places, the capital of polite). Yuzu of all of characters felt the most realistic. If you tune into the drama CD (still on youtube iirc) it nails this home. She was thinking about fuckall except ways to avoid her nagging mom and maybe try to hook up with MC, and then The Apocalypse happened.

And unlike the others who just went into their own deluded fantasies to cope, she was up front about not coping at all, period, and fighting to hold it together just long enough to get the fuck out of dodge. And her actions were rightfully rewarded.

I love the fuck outta Yuzu, she's the most realistic character in the game to me.

That's tight. It's not as hard hitting and in-your-face as the septentriones theme is, it's much more of a backdrop of a really badass finale. It's about time I bought desu2 overclocked.

I love this theme too. I feel like they deliberately over-emphasised the bass so a better tune would carry through the ds lite's shitty speakers.

Good to see the undertones of these games aren't lost on all people. It's really silly when people complain about what they see on the surface, all the while missing on the implications behind them.
I mean P3 was a fun little game but no one seems to really appreciate the underlying message of death/loss and moving on, for example.

SMT seems to be the only series written like this in recent memory.

What's that?

That's because the way the game is structured bludgeons you with it for eighty or so hours.

More or less a prologue to the beginning of the game that expands a bit on what everyone was doing before the very start of the game. I think there were two of them. Can't seem to find the translated one on YT anymore. You'll have to dig through NicoNico for it.

デビルサバイバー ドラマcd is what you wanna look with.

All atlus games are boring so no. I played this one. Cheap stage based bore fest. More fun than the gaysona series though.

What games do you like user?

Also do me a favor and copy paste my reply in response to whatever you post next as i need to go and i can't stick around to watch this thread continue:

[insert games you posted] are shit, go back to /reddit/

I found it, the dude unlisted his videos. I found it through a google search.
youtube.com/playlist?list=PL099F16C7182C50CD

Ken, was actually just playing this a few minutes ago. It's pretty fun. Honestly, I prefer Soul Hackers to this so far, but maybe it's just because of the genre. I dunno. So far though it's SMT, and that's a good thing. Characters are so so, but the gameplay is solid enough and fairly addicting as it should be.

Took me a while to beat the "snowman."

Arcturus actually was the most tense boss in the game plot wise imo. The gameplay did good job reflecting this.

Plotwise, yes, they built the fight up very well. Unfortunately, I didn't feel the fight delivered. The first 2 Triangulum had interesting fights. Denebola's parts protecting each other's weaknesses and Spica growing resistances based on what you already used Arcturus didn't have much going for it. It had an out of battle attack that applies a status effect and can only be defeated by one character. Once the battle had gone on for a bit, I didn't really feel threatened at all, so it felt like a bit of a letdown. It really did feel similar to Beldr, one of the first bosses from its predecessor. Hell, I had a harder time with Beldr

I didn't have any trouble with any of the bosses, but arcturus kept me on my toes simply because his mass aoe attack does so much damage. Him being completely invulnerable to anything but the dragon stream, and barely weak to that makes him feel more dangerous too. I thought it was a good harmony of plot and gameplay. He does play like a glorified beldr though. Also, Mikyko worst girl for murdering my aramisaki.

I wouldn't say a world full of demons that you can no longer end is being "rightly rewarded". That changes depending on your actions in Overclocked, since there's an option to actually do what needs to be done and seal the demons if you fit the conditions.
I don't see how characters like Naoya or Amane were deluded when they have had a good idea of what's been happening since the beginning. Yuzu was deluded in thinking that running away would solve anything.

Yuzu's cowardice being met with an unending problem that can't be run away from seems like a proper reward

Well that did it. Turns out MC was actually 62 while the rest of the party was 55-ish, I must have power leveled him for a bit in an attempt to fuse stronger demons before I bored out. I did fuse Astaroth because I didn't notice his resistances at first, and teamed it with MC and the Koumoku i already had for doubleups. My first attempt fell to THREE DUAL SHADOW MEGIDOLAON 2 TIMES PER TURN IN A ROW, but on the second try I had better luck.
Currently having a blast Multi-Striking everything to death with my Shiva while I work on Yuzu's route so I can see the 8th day. Again, that was very helpful, thanks.

I've never played a SMT game. Can I just jump into this? Should I?

This requires no prior knowledge.

Yes.
What does that mean user? If you want you can, it plays differently from other SMT games as it is a side series.

I wouldn't call it cowardice to to be afraid and want to run away when demons invade your city and the government might fry everyone in an attempt to kill the demons, which may not even work. Sounds more like common sense in a world that's gone mad with insane people trying to struggle for power.

It won't. Think of how many demons absorb/reflect/null Elec and Fire.

No problem m80. Enjoy Boobzu, come back anytime

I was going to argue that hunkering down withthe other civilians and relying on the Harmonizer while you wait for the lockdown to lift would be more common sense, given that she always advocates fleeing past the tight security border regardless of whether she knows about the UEM field. But then I remembered about the Death Clock and that she already knows SOMETHING will happen in a week.

Pretty sure waves wouldn't work the same as demon spells, I'm sure it'd have an effect on some, but considering some of the big fuckers running around like Kudlak and Loki, I think they would've survived.

Yeah, I can see how breaking through the blockade could seem like a good idea, especially with all the crazy shit and impending death going on.

If completely bullets can mimic them, normal tech should be able to as well. For fuck's sake, the entire premise of the series is that summoning magic was digitized.

completely mundane

The one time I remember bullets was the SDF using guns on demons before they realized that didn't work, then using the Harmonizer were finally able to harm them. Unless they can program the chips with something similar to it, I'm not quite sure what effect waves would have.

I forgot what I was arguing. Does that make sense? I'm tired.

God damn it.

Jesus Christ, it took 10 minutes but I finally got it you bastard.

You cheeky cunt

Why does her artwork remind e of the person who did Durarara

Well memed my friend

They are designed by the same guy, in japan's remake of 2 there are Duradura dlc characters.

Pretty sure the second line is "you are forgiven".

Even worse, no one appreciates the hilarity that every named character happens to have a recently dead relative.

If you like SRPGs then go ahead, Devil Survivor is traditional SMT gameplay adapted to fit SRPG mechanics. If you enjoyed it then you can try the rest of the series.

Fucking hell user

So OP, did you ever end up actually playing it?

I spent several days 100%ing the game before Apocalypse came out, and found out that there are way more total points for getting all the titles than there are post-game rewards, like 890 points that you can't use on anything. That's just wasteful as fuck.

Also after all that, Midori grew on me a lot, I like her unironically

Fumi is best girl

So from what I'm reading I would be fine just playing the DS version of Devil Survivor 1 correct? Not that it matters because I don't have a 3ds but I've been eyeballing this series for some time and just need to track down a copy.

Both versions are basically the same. The 3DS version adds voices and extra content post game.

This is 100% fact.

After muting her godawful VA I grew to like her a lot. She's pretty retarded but I can't help but like her.

Soul Hackers is my absolute favorite SMT game thus far, but that's because I'm a sucker for it's generic setting. It feels great, the demon negotiation and control is unique and takes some skill to work with demons of different personalities, and Nemissa a best.

From what I heard the DS version has some fucked up parts where dialogue wasn't translated. I know the second game's remake was re-translated by the staff, not sure if that's true for the first too. They both have extra content, though DS1's is too go more in depth with three possible endings while while DS2's is like an expansion on a combination of two endings, and is longer. And has cool ass boss fights. I only played the remakes, admittedly.

Yes, and?

That's breddy gud.

wew

Going to take that as a no

He could be so buy with it that he didnt rspond

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Took me half a minute.

Nice.

I don't get it?

damnit

I just went with her path because she has gigantic tits even though she's a worthless idiot. It's a very realistic game I would say.

Should they stop making games when Kaneko dies?

Just this once I'll spoon feed:

Yuzu had a miscarriage

Its a spin-off

MC really dropped the ball with Fumi.

Could definitely have tapped that if he had just mentioned something about creating the perfect child with the mix of his and Fumi's genes. Not-Naoya's plan is one step away from eugenics anyway, so she'd definitely be on board.

They should have stopped making games 10 years ago.

Well alright then. I hate to say that now I have to bump this game onto my "play immediately" list.

Only reason is because I refuse to believe that current Atlus had the balls to do something like that in the first place. It seemed like in the post PS2 era they had lost some of their teeth.

I'm at a loss for what the picture means too, what is it about the picture that refers to abortion?

you aren't serious, right?

Wow.

I have no idea how that picture relates to anything sexual. I think i'm getting trolled but since nobody bothered to correct the poster I'm left to assume he's being serious.

You seriously need to lurk more.
Specifically a LOL thread.

I try and keep myself unspoiled for games I intend to play in the future. I'm just really slow at working through my DS back catalog in recent years and I still have a bunch of good games left to finish. (for reference, I still have a copy of The world ends with you that I haven't touched yet).

I came here because OP was talking about a game I also have but haven't had the desire to play yet and I was looking for any excuse to dive right in. I'll take a somewhat morbid hook as "good enough for me"

To the ones who finished the game, I have a question. I don't remember everything crystal clear, but at one point you learn that if you escape the quarantine angels nuke everything, but Yuzi's route involves trying to force your way through the quarantine. I didn't follow her of course because that was retarded. What happens if you do?

No, he's calling you an idiot for not being able to recognize a Holla Forums shibboleth.

This is amazing. Just look at the picture as a whole.

IT'S CTR ALT DLT'S LOSS, YOU IDIOT

I legitimately feel retarded now.

Demons invade the earth unopposed, but the 3DS version gives you a chance to change that.

That artist does nothing but sameface porcelain dolls. He should have disappeared after a single spinoff game.

A demon that can absorb God's lightning is summoned by the Shomonkai, making the flow of demons into the world unstoppable. 8th day let's you stop that.

Are we going to pretend Kaneko doesn't have the sameface issue as well?

Bampu so that 412186 has more time to regret his poor life choices

Wasn't there a fight that makes you use physical attacks?

Yes, the battle against Beldr, where only a single character (I don't recall if it has to be the main or can be anyone) can damage the boss, and only with basic physical attacks.

He really doesn't, though, I'm pretty sure the same face in the PS2 games is due to their being lazy with modeling. Compare the diversity of face designs in Soul Hackers to something like DDS, and that's not even including humanoid demon designs.

For that one fight, the MC's standard attack is replaced with a version that does more damage and scales entirely off your level; stats are completely ignored.
So no, being a magic MC has zero drawbacks in that regard.

Cool, I wasn't aware of that.

Sweet, will have to remember that for next time

I fucking hated DeSu2 in its initial release, but admittedly it's worth it for the Triangulum arc.

I even learned to love her fucking awful voice. Midori a cute.

I've heard many opinions on the Triangulum arc. It redeeming the game isn't one I recall. Care to share?

Not him, but I'll give my 2 cents. It has hits and misses. I prefer the boss battles in Triangulum as well as the music, but the characters seem to get even worse. For example, Keita is once offhandedly called a "tsundere boxer" in the Septentrione arc. In Triangulum, that phrase is brought up in almost every fucking conversation he's in. Something similar happens to almost every character; they get Flanderized and the whole power of friendship crap gets cranked up obnoxiously so. It's shorter as well so nothing bad gets dragged out too long, which happened a couple times in Septentrione.

downloaded both at the same time, played a bit of both and couldn't finish the first game because the gameplay was just much more fleshed out in the second game.

if you forget it's a smt spin-off and a sequel, it's fun enough on its own.

why's there too little fan art of fumi anyway?

I feel like I've seen this guys art on that PSP digimon game.

It's shorter and to the point yeah. None of the characters were any good to begin with tbh.

Yasuda has hard sameface.

Technically Devil Survivor uses the Megami Ibunroku prefix like the first Persona does

The rest ranged from alright to shit though, I agree.

I fucking hated Yamato but he redeemed himself by not being a cunt and missing for half the triangulum arc. Miyako was okish.

Lazy human trash.

fumi was the most interesting of the cast, personality wise. to bad that all her screentime was relegated to mad scientist gags and progressing the plot.

Did anyone else dislike Jungo as much as I did?

His entire "characterization" irked me. You can't base a character entirely off of him pulling fucking egg soup out of his ass.

Jungo is an odd dude. He's Shinjiro without putting up a tough front to cover up his caring nature. A punches harder than a truck. He doesn't leave much of an impression outside of gameplay.

What said, JP's agents can barely kill a Septentrion by themselves when 4 fucking civvies pulled from the ass ends of Japan can do it with particular ease. He rewards those who are capable and produce results while he doesn't give a damn about the rest that can't even pull their own weight. Besides, without Yamato's (and also without Alcor's) leadership the group just wanders around aimlessly like in Record Breaker, where they either are being played by Miyako or try to brute force things.

That brings up something I've never quite understood with regards to DS2.

In DS1 it was pretty clear that MC's skills and power came, at least in part, from being a Bel. That's what set him above the others.

In DS2, Alcor calls MC "Shining One" but I don't remember this ever really being explained or expounded upon, and I wasn't clear if he was called that simply out of recognition for his completely natural skill or if it implied he was something slightly more than human.

It's not really explained upon, so I think that he's just a normal guy with extremely good innate skills. I'm pretty sure that it's just to make the MC a speshul snowflek to attract the persona audience. They even suck his dick for the whole goddamn game ("Wow you're so sharp!" "Wow you're so composed in a situation like this!" "Wow you can kill Septentriones so easily!") whereas in DS1 you, Yuzu and Atsuro were just trying to get by and make the best of your situation and it kept dick sucking to a minimum.

This is the absolute true

According to the Internet, Shining One is a name for Lucifer, which could imply the Protagonist is his reincarnation.

In the anime, the Sparkling Shining One is a title given to multiple people, implying it to be given to people with the ability to change the world. Yamato was a Sparkling One. However, the anime hardly counts as canon, but I just thought it was interesting to bring up another possibility.

You know, that could have led to something interesting. Could have had a plot point where the Special Snowflake Brigade questions whether or not they have been following the autistic Bunny because they wanted to, or if his devilish charms made them follow him. Would give a real reason for fighting your teammates at the end, rather than babby's first philosophy

ds1 battles are rigged,but the game is pretty fun

God I legit felt sad for him by the end of his FATE.

There's some sort of meta significance to having a black version of Atsuro's hat. Calling it.

Daichi is more of a candidate for being an autist.

I'd fuck her and I wish there was more doujins of her.

Any other Hinakofags here? God she's such a charming girl, and her sprite in the hot springs event where she's holding her glasses with her mouth is the sexiest thing I've ever seen on the 3DS. Best waifu.

I thought that it was going to turn out that he was the kid of Midori and Atsuro or something. He got her stupidity and moralfagginess and got his strength stats and dirty old hat he used as a kid. Would have been nice to have some sort of connection to DS1 outside of Black Frost

It made me so sad that wasn't Frosty

Was it good?

Now that I've mentioned it, with Alcor basically being God, if the Protagonist is Lucifer, there's an interesting backstory and a special layer added to their relationship. Hell, ideas about that backstory keep flowing through my head like Lucifer being the first to see the potential of humanity, and rebelling against Polaris as the Administrator system stifled that potential. Alcor puts him down, but begins to believe in humanity's potential as well, so instead of deleting Lucifer from the Astrolabe, he rebirths him as a human.

There's more, but just that little bit adds a lot to the story, in my iwn humble opinion as an idea guy.

Fuck is wrong with you?

What?

Not really. It's alright, but by the end game you are pretty much required to use DLC on higher difficulties.

If you like really bad SMTs yes it's great.
It's fucking awful