Any Lunar fans?

Best game in my first gaming years, I miss this kind of games.

Lunar - Silver Star Story Complete
Lunar 2 - Eternal Blue Complete

are you making this thread because a pc port is being made?

Only game that didn't make me regret getting the sega CD addon.

You do realize there's a third Lunar game right?

Why are there so many versions of the first game?

Is there news of a port or are you implying OP is from the company?

The Lunar games are fantastic. The Gold Standard JRPGs in my opinion. The only real problem they had was that the encounter rate was a bit too high relative to how long battles could take. Thankfully they fixed that in the PS1 versions where random encounters were removed altogether.

I just miss this kind of games, perhaps someone has suggestions?

Will there be a PC port made, please tell me that this is true? I played these games on my hacked PSP and played the old PS1 versions, good times :)

I dismissed the magic school because it has nothing to do with the first two games.

there was a survey a while back suggesting that a pc port was being considered.
my first assumption seeing a thread like this pop up is that it's been confirmed internally and op is trying to build recognition so someone will buy the inevitably broken ports.

On the Sega CD, Ghaleon was true evil and the ending was way better :)

You do realize there's a fourth Lunar game, right?

Unfortunately this is not to hype the game, I am an old gamer who wanted to know if there are more fans out there. Perhaps there are more hidden gems of which I am not aware of. I followed every game of Working Designs and Studio Alex in this time period, so I guess I know them all.

Lunar 2 > Grandia > Lunar > Grandia 2 > shit > the rest

i liked grandia better than lunar 2 solely for the combat system. i really enjoyed the music in lunar 2 though.

We don't talk about that game, user. I do wish I still had it in my collection though. Kind of hard for me to find now.

Is it any good? The game is from Ubisoft and was only available on a NintendoDS, which I didn't have.

I'd say Grandia 1 and Lunar 1 are about even. You're right about everything else.

I've never played it, but from what I've heard, it was pretty bad. An example of the things I've heard is that you have to pick one of two modes to have on during battle. One mode made the battle rewards purely EXP. The other made the battle rewards purely money. No other games in the series were ever made afterwards, so I suspect it was as bad as or possibly worse than I've heard.

No, it's not. It's a Japanese game made by a Japanese developer. Ubisoft just published it in the west.

Anyone played this version?
It's the only one available on the PSN and I'm on the fence since finding the PS1 copy is difficult

It has the same animations as the Sega Saturn/PS1, better game graphics. But it has other voice actors and they changed the lyrics of the songs (a shame).

Yeah, as a long time Lunar fan, I bought this game and regretted it deeply. This is one of the worst JRPG's in modern history. Let me count the ways…

That's all the major flaws I could remember without going into PTSD. I'm sure there's more. But yeah, even as a Lunar fan, Dragon Song was one of the worst games I've ever played. Every game mechanic just seemed to be broken on purpose.

Is that the PSP one? I think I played it for all of a minute on PPSSPP and the text was fucked up.

wtf is wrong with you, you dumb troglodyte

The localization is actually accurate compared to the working designs release, but has different voice actors

I don't know, the massive asshurt from Victor Ireland was really fucking worth it.

I can see it now: ONLY I GET TO BUTCHER SONGS, SHITLORDS! Just imagine how bad he would butcher Idolmaster, which he says he wants to localize and censor the fuck out of it.

There was already a PC port for Silver Star Story. It just didn't get a localized release.

Not sure how you're having issues finding a copy; I see the same ones a lot since there's no demand for people to pick it up, even at about $8 complete.

I've been meaning to give Lunar 1 and 2 a go sometime, but what I've heard of the translation (maybe "rewrite" is a better word?) they've become rather low priority despite having tossed a pair of eboots of the PS1 versions on my PSP quite a while back.

I have the GBA one hanging around, I think its a port or remake but I'm not sure of which one.

it's a really bad remake, just don't play it

Sega CD Lunar 2 > PSX Lunar 1 = Sega CD Lunar 1 > PSX Lunar 2.

Find out what other versions were adapted from and adjust accordingly.

Too bad the PS1 games are shitty grindfests because Working Designs "fixed" the difficulty.

I played the first Lunar on the PS1 because someone suggested it had more content than the Sega CD version.

However i now hear that the Sega CD version of Lunar 2 is considered better.

Have to wonder what possesses a developer to opt for this when it's common knowledge how much it pisses someone off in an rpg.

The PS1 Lunar 1 did add a lot of content, it also took away a bit. Overall it's probably a bit more cohesive plotwise, and certainly a fair bit prettier. It does turn Nash into a sniveling little cunt though.

PS1 Lunar 2 didn't nearly change as much plot wise from the sega CD, it's pretty much the same but they removed the magic XP system, several abilities were changed around (For the worse, IMO), certain things seemed alot more shallow system wise and several battle effects seemed somehow downgraded from the Sega CD version. It did add a lot more anime tiddy though, if that's your thing. It just feels a lot more generic and blah… but that's just IMO.

Because it work so well its Western counterparts.

Cards. Didn't you abuse those?
You can go back and acquire them once used. Those things can poison, paralyse, heal you HUGE amounts over turns and many more. Those cards are so fucking broken it's hilarious, I even went out of my way to collect them. You need to git gud user.

Silver Star was awesome. I miss Jessica.

Okay better post here.
This I couldn't figure out until later on so I got through most of it barely until I figured this out.
I had no idea they levelled with me but I never noticed. It became so easy at a certain point to kill everything like you wouldn't believe so I never felt it.
No need to do these actually. You can gain tons of equipment easily from chests.
The MC's abilities are so fucking potent you wouldn't believe. They hit ALL enemies on screen high and low, and costs can be negated with cards, there's one you can use twenty times for 100% MP back.
This is no big deal.
She's better as a healer not a fighter. This should be obvious, let your MC flatline everything.
This ticked me off.
No need to be retarded you made you point.
As I stated use cards for attk, def, all stat, hp regen over turns, poison enemies at 10% total hp per turn etc.
Save often like you would any other game.
I liked the fuckable beastgirl Gaby though, I jerked off to her multiple times too. I agree go kill dragons, get magic rings then he tosses them away instead of just leaving and fucking Gaby. Boring.
I'm not sure about this one but yes they're pretty meh.

I like Razorfist, but he's wrong here.

There is time to fix that.

is this the moron that things the witcher is plagiarizes some no-name shitwork just because geralt has white hair?

Is this the grown man who wears fucking eyeliner?

He is the guy that thinks Dark Souls is a Diablo rip-off.

That's ridiculous. It's clearly a Brandish ripoff.

No. The mechanics in the game are fucked. Chances of breaking important equipment or having it stolen are high. Again, IMPORTANT equips, not just shit you can replace at will.

Misbalance in fighting—the MC is the only one that can do any serious damage to kill foes.

Running is a function that burns HP to work. So dumb.

And finally, exp gain in the game barely happens, despite them designing a game around that. It's a terrible broken game.

By brother loves the Lunar games, but I haven't seen that asshole in over two years.

Didn't Working Design work on it?

The NISA of the nineties.

Too bad since that automatically makes it shit unless you're American.

My hatred for Victor Ireland knows no bounds.

The asshole shows up on neoFAG sometimes. Unsurprisingly they love him over there.

XSEED's retranslation. New voice actors, expanded prlogue, I believe most of the FMVs that came with the PSX/Saturn version, and no shitty pop culture references last I recall.

Superior version to the PSX/Saturn version.

This isn't accurate. Working Designs/Vic did both games and both incarnations. Which means the shitty script is still present even on the Sega CD.

The only hope for Lunar 2 anyone has right now is sitting on the PSN. The Japanese PSN. Because WD no longer has publishing rights to Lunar, they can't release either PSX version for 1 & 2 on PSN, so it will never happen.

Meanwhile, GameArts has been kind of struggling to get said games on JPSN—they've at least managed with Grandia and with Lunar 2.

Time to dump my bromides.
Don't shoot me for the size and quality, this is the best I could ever find. I downloaded these like 15 years ago.

You get that nasty shit out of here. That ain't no damn Lunar game.

It's the worse JRPG you'll ever play. Save yourself the rage, user.

If anyone has any larger sizes, I'll love you forever.
Especially the Lunar 2 bromides, fuckers are tiny.

So it's okay to pickup then since I got no luck finding the original
Thanks user

I didn't say anything about the script, turbonerd.

Yeah the script is 'localized', less in a "BUT THAT'S OFFENSIVE" way but more in a Son of a Submariner/Lupin the 3rd way.

Feel free to continue hating everything though.

WD didn't make any games, they just published Japanese games in the west.

Game Arts / Studio Alex made them. Also the original creator is dead.

Yeah that's what I meant, Working Design got the rights to butcher it in the West. Although Ireland wanted people to believe he was involved in the games (cough Grandia cough).

Back then Japanese devs didn't care about gaijin because their home market was still strong.

I think we can all rejoice that outside of Nintendo this kind of bullshit is no longer allowed.

Apply yourself.

NISA still exists

what really?

Bit odd that Japan has Grandia, Grandia II, Grandia III, and Grandia Xtreme on the PSN, but here in NA we've only got Grandia I and III on ours. Admittedly I hear the PS2 port of Grandia II was pretty poor, but would it be that hard for whoever currently has the rights to the series out here these days to try to get the Dreamcast original or the Anniversary Edition coded for a PSN (re)release?

I hate grandia since it killed Lunar.

Good point.

Victor Ireland is still alive too and some of the old Working Design staff is at Gaijinworks iirc.

Grandia is pretty much Lunar 3 in all but name anyway…

sailor moon is a pretty cool guy