Troika Thread

What is your favorite Troika game?
What was your favorite moment in these games?
What was your favorite build in each game?
Is Arcanum the most redpilled game ever made?
Does ToEE have the best combat of any turn-based RPG ever made?
What is the best race of vampires in VTM:B?
How obvious is it that none of these games were finished?

ToEE

I've only played one completely (VtMB), I started a character in Arcanum but got busy and never returned to it.
A good Tremere build can break the game.
Well the fact that there are mods that patch in cut/ unfinished content in Arcanum and VtMB I haven't played the ToEE made it very apparent.

Played Arcanum for about 10 minutes, the portraits looked cool, otherwise is just another genric isometric rpg shit game

Tried to play Bloodlines when it came out, it was an unplayable garbage. After the cocksuckers that worked years for free fixed it, i tried it again, and all i could think was why people would work so hard to fix a game that so mediocre and unimpressive.

Keep playing it. Some crazy stuff happens later on, especially with the (((gnomes))).

When are they releasing their next game?

Soon.

The monsters make me hide
Perhaps I'll eat myself alive

So you didn't play more than 10 minutes

Back when the game just came out, the only thing that made the game "unplayable" was the bug with the boat to escape with the jew
But unimpressive? The facial expressions still shit on other games even to this day

Unfinished and still better than everything we get now.

How do I NOT suck massive amounts of cock in Arcanum?

Not him, and I'll grant that Arcanum isn't really generic, but it's not a very good game regardless.

ToEE was just shit, but Bloodlines was a solid game.

Just be a mage with Harm and you have one of the best attacks in the game for one point. Then focus on becoming a leader, pick up some healing, and all your teammates can beat everything to death while you keep them alive.

In terms of effectiveness without needing to know the game really well (to cheese for money and supplies), mage is god tier, melee tank is acceptable, everything else is trash.

God dammit I hate being mages. I do like clobbering things but it seems the best build for that is to be a filthy half-orc or ogre. I prefer Human/Elf straight man to the entire planet.

In before cave jew autists.

Aren't the Gnomes the Jews of Arcanum instead of the Elves?

Half-orc is ideal for fighters (half-ogres can't wear most armor if memory serves), but human is doable.

Keep in mind that if you're worried about the whole racism/beauty thing for half-orcs, Troika fucked up both systems pretty bad. It affects virtually nothing. I once played through with a character with max Beauty and it got me jack shit. Every important NPC's reaction to you just resets after their initial greeting, one way or the other.

Dwarfs are jews.

Heavy magic is easy mode. Conjuration, both necromancies and just a bit of force will get you thru 99% of the game. Bit of elemental or whatever just adds some utility.
Heavy technology is the shit though.

They literally are

>he doesn't know about free whores crap beauty will get him

Good to know.
Even better.

What rpgs should I play, bro?

Reminder Tim Cain has the source code for ToEE and Arcanum, but can't release it because Hasbro doesn't want to give him an exemption to the "can't release a way to bypass the DRM" (which the game is no longer sold with) part of his contract.

You can still do that pretty well as a human. You just have to focus on speed(which allows you to get as many hits in as possible) over strength. Picking the rapier at the beginning should help early on. Also be sure you have the combat set to turn-based instead of real time.

IIRC, beauty does make it easier to get NPCs to fight for you. Maybe I'm thinking of charisma.

Gnomes are the Jews of Arcanum. They force humans to race-mix with ogres(niggers) and literally worship Moloch.

While VTM:B (with fanpatches, obviously) is my favourite I suspect Arcanum is the better game.

You say that as if the game has any challenge.

It's rather sad that ToEE as buggy and unfinished as it is is still the best D&D game we've had since it's release. There used to be tons of D&D games, bit ever since 4e began WotC has done basically nothing with it aside from that MMO shitter.

With all it's flaws ToEE still feels good, especially with Co8 patch. Almost like some gold box nostalgia.

I say that to mean that the Tremere clan is OP.