Content Differences Between Different Regions

I was playing NTSC Luigi's Mansion yesterday and thought: "Man I sure wish the hidden mansion changed more than just ghost damage and poltergust speed!" and decided to look up the exact changelist online. In doing so I found out the PAL version has a way better Master Quest style hidden mansion and immediately snatched that shit up.

Any other examples of a region having the definitive version of the game? Looking for things that actually add content instead of just having it taken away.

Other urls found in this thread:

tcrf.net/Category:Games_with_regional_differences
tcrf.net/Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles_II:_The_Arcade_Game#Pizza_Hut
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

tcrf.net/Category:Games_with_regional_differences

PAL VERSIONS OF NINTENDO GAMES ARE ALWAYS SUPERIOR IN EVERY WAY

The PS3 version of Tales of Vesperia with more content such as bosses, sidequests, and playable characters (Including a fully playable Flynn) was only released in Japan, though a full translation patch exists and is complete. Weird thing is, though, apparently the English VAs (Or at least Yuri Lowenthall) had already recorded some lines for the new content.

I think OP meant definitive edition as in differences being superior, not just differences.

This really pisses me off

KoF 97 had 3 extra team edit endings in the jap version promoting some magazines.

Can you name some more examples as extreme as Luigi's Mansion?

The treehouse version of Animal crossing for gamecube as well as certain PS2 squeenix games all got more content and tweaks for international release.

They probably were planning on releasing the PS3 version in english, it's been said that the reason the game never came out on PS3 internationally is because Microkikes paid to keep the game Xbox exclusive

Most of the time I just hear games run slower in PAL versions. Like I remember reading that everything in the PAL version of Halo Combat Evolved runs slower to compensate for the reduced framerate.

PAL in general is inferior, because their games pre 7th gen run at a slower refresh rate.

The game magazine promotion goes a bit further than that. The three magazines in question (Gamest, Famitsu, and Neo Geo freak) each held polls for a special team in the upcoming KoF game, with each magazine's winner determing one of the characters. Blue Mary won the gamest poll, Yamazaki won the famitsu poll, and Billy Kane won the Neo Geo Freak poll. This would result in the '97 special team. One fun fact is that Duck King almost won the gamest poll, so we almost had a team consisting of Yamazaki, Billy, and Duck.

PAL before HD had less framerate but higher resolution. So some games had to be adapted for PAL, meaning making everything slower or sometimes just adding black bars up and down to fill the resolution.

In exchange because games would take a bit longer to come to PAL regions sometimes we would have some improvements, as mentioned in OP.

Germany by default will have the no fun allowed version of any game

These days, if a Japanese game is localized, the western version will:
- be censored to high hell.
- lack any content made in collaboration with companies that aren't the game's developer.
- gain game breaking bugs, possibly even system destroying bugs if it's a console game.

This isn't exclusive to Jap shit, nor is it a recent thing, for example: tcrf.net/Teenage_Mutant_Ninja_Turtles_II:_The_Arcade_Game#Pizza_Hut

I remember that the USA version of Jet Set Radio included two new stages that were based on New York City.

That's pretty cool. I love Jet Grind Radio and I had no idea.

Wasn't that one of the main reasons why Duck was finally added in KoF XI?

I knew some weeb cuckold would end up posting this bullshit
daily reminder if japs were actually "based" they wouldn't hire these people to "break" their game. Not that this even matters because it's rare that it being localized even changes anything.

The PAL version of paper mario TTYD removed one of mario's talking animations because it looked just vaguely like a nazi salute
not saying Holla Forums was right but, Holla Forums was right

Or you get the reverse, and the jap game has blood or limb removal taken out, and only added for outside releases, like Nioh, NMH and MGR.

lol cuck

Tell that to the people who turned the blood in No More Heroes into money.
Yeah I don't get it either.

AMEN DUDE
Project Nemo's never getting finished is it?

Kingdom Hearts 2's Pirates of the Caribbean level is pretty infamous for localization
I'll never fucking understand (certain) censorships.

Maybe it's /monster/ or /alien/ or whatever the fuck, the point is you're the real bait here, m8

Are you a cuck?

The real question is here, are you a cuck, because it sounds like you hate video games.

The fuck? I was talking cut content/unnecessary censorship you brainless buckfush.
Ace Combat 3 isn't the kind of game you just play without the story. If you're going to bash me for that then you kindly can kindly fuck off, get some viagara and go fuck yourself.