I SEE NO HEAR NO EVIL

I SEE NO HEAR NO EVIL

I cant believe i beat that game 100%

I don't even remember it

something about black alien birthing shadew and baiting him into evil but he was actually good but also evil and in the end he powers up with the damn chaos emeralds and shits on pissy gravel voiced eyeball bitch

the gunplay was awful, the load times insufferable, seeing the intro cutscene 16 times to get 100% sucked, killing all enemies sucked, team-mates sucked, the framerate REALLY sucked, level design sucked, it was all around an enormous pile of shit

6/10

BLACK PEOPLE ON THE FLOOR

that always fucking triggers me

>implying it's not future FALLOUT tech

Shadow is biologically immortal because alien blood except to get that blood Gerald cornholed his creation into collecting the emaroods for Black Doom at some indeterminate date down the line in return

Nowhere does the alien blood tie into why he was looking into immortality in the first place, to cure his sick daughter/granddaughter (whichever it was)

KILL ALL THOSE BLACK CREATURES

IT'S NO USE

A black Sonic fighting an alien called "Black Doom" voiced by the guy who does the eng dub voice for Goku, who now also has an evil, humanity hating "black" counterpart in Dragon Ball Super.

You clearly haven't spent enough time round /k/ cause pump action rifles do exist!

Isn't shadow the edgehog objectively the most powerful since he has a fucking gun.

Gun > Chaos emeralds

DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT! DO IT!

Yes, but the gun looks more like an MP5 to me, and seriously, who the fuck would need a pump action SMG?

WE HAVE TO DESTROY THOSE BLACK CREATURES

==CAPTURE YOU AND SET YOU FREE!=

FUCK.

Daily reminder Powerman 5000 did one of the songs in the game

Superior version.

I hear the running sections (that is, if you go for the neutral endings and just run straight at the end marker) were pretty good comparatively, is that true?

No.

The level design is pretty bad regardless.

GUYS

GUYS

WHAT IF

WHAT IF HE'S ACTUALLY JUST USING THE CHARGING HANDLE

Y'KNOW, BECAUSE HIS HANDS ARE SO BIG

WHAT IF WE WERE WRONG THIS WHOLE TIME?

hmph.
heh.

HA!
Pathetic…

………….

I YAM AWE LIE YAM AWE LIE YAM

Did you know: The shadow the hedgehog design we see today is actually the LEAST edgy design was chosen.

Do you think we'll see the super emeralds and hyper-sonic in sonic mania?

WOOOOOOOOOOH
==LOOKS LIKE IT CAME BACK FOR MOOOOOOOOOOOORE=
YEAHYEAHYEAHYEAH

I meant
LOOKS LIKE IT CAME BACK FOR MOOOORE
Fucking hell

Not with Iizuka in charge

What's bad about having a pump action on a rifle?

Definitely not. Ground movement has awful acceleration time, but insane max speed. The camera's positioned way too low, so you can just slam into shit and run off cliffs you don't see coming until the last second in a fucking 3D game. It also has Metroidvania-style hidden shit in a game with controls like this. There is almost zero thought to enemy placement, even aesthetically, beyond obvious "homing attack path" setups. Air physics are floaty, kind of like Heroes but even worse. The guns are similar to Mega Man X7 in that everything just hardlocks on mostly-stationary enemies, and Shadow mysteriously floats in the air while you shoot. The 2 "supers" are worthless beyond the invulnerability while ready and draining meter. The good one (Chaos Control) zips you through the level, but the vast majority of the good or evil ones require you to hunt down and kill enemies or touch switches, so you fuck yourself everywhere but on neutral routes. Chaos Blast is a time-limited multi-use screen clear in a game with trivial enemies.

And the voice acting. It's Heroes-tier. The writing's even worse somehow.

Because it keeps your hand on the grip. It's actually really useful if you think about it. You don't have to move your hand to the charging handle and back to the grip because the charging handle is where you're supposed to grip it. Cuts out a second or two which in combat can save your life.

The music for the levels was good though, right?

what was bad about the VA(beyond Tails) and writing in Heroes?

IT'S NO USE, GIVE UP!
ALL SYSTEMS, FULL POWER!
GET A LOAD OF THIS

What the fuck were they thinking when anyone decided this line was a good idea?

I think Hot Shelter was the only good one. I mean if you could look over the controls, level design was pretty decent.

epic flintstones

Pick one.
Anything they make has a good ost.

Shadow the Hedgehog and Sonic 06 while having overall mediocre games, had great music.

I still think 06 should get an update to fix loading times and some physics. Then it'd be perfectly playable.

I actually really enjoy the tracks with vocals, from this game and from 06 too. They're enjoyable in a cheesy, kitsch way.

I think this is what Shadow was going for. If you just listen to his dialogue and play the game, it really seems like it's a tongue in cheek parody of edgy shit from the 90s. The more experience I get with media in general, the more I imagine the game is ironic, to some degree.

*teleports behind u*
*cocks ak pistol*
Ppsshhhhh nothing perseneel kid

What wasn't wrong about it? It's the same shit as Shadow without the characters going out of their way to be edgy and say "damn". And "Eggman's robots" instead of "black creatures" I guess.

I like edgy characters. It's always fun listening to their monologues.

WHERE'S THAT DAMN FOURTH CHAOS EMERALD

I unironically like this song

I unironically like this game for the cheese alone

I dont even like sonic games besides adventure 2, 3&knuckles and 2.

ONE STEP FOWARD TWO STEPS BACK

OOH-WAH-AH-AH-AH!

checked
The version I like

WEEWOOWEEWOOWEEWOO, BLACKS FIGHTING, GONE TO WAR, UNLEASH A MILLION ACES, AND ONE BY ONE THEY STALL. I PUT IT IN HER, I PUT IT IN HER! EYE YAM AWE LIE YAM AWE LIE YAM!

DO YOU REMEMBER ME? BECOME PART OF MY HISTORY IAN IAN IAN

GOT HUNDRED THOUSAND POUNDS SITTING ON MAH BACK!

I BELIEVE IN MY FUTURE
FAREWELL TO THE SHADOW
IT WAS MY PLACE TO LIVE
BUT NO I NEED YOUR HAND

LEAD ME OUT WITH YOUR LIGHT
I HAVE BREATHED IN
==THE DISGUSTING AIR OF DARKNESS
BUT I NEVER LOSE

Fuck that song was way too good for a kids game.

This, I actually kind of like Shadow's game. I mean a huge part of it is that the game hits this sweet spot where its attempts at being edgy and serious are entertaining instead of just being an insufferable mess, but just in general I never had a problem this one. I'd definitely pick it over Heroes, at least.

Also another nice thing is if you don't care about getting the final ending you can use the mission system to your advantage and just avoid the stages and missions you hate. It's not like most Sonic games where your character changes and then you have to put up with whatever gimmicky shit they do.

HMPH

I'm the coolest

If Vergil is edgy, he's edgy done right.

ONE

NOTHING WRONG WITH ME

You know you could say that about the whole soundtrack

Indeed.

LET'S TAKE A DIVE

Fuck Knuckles' stages were so good.
Musically, I mean.

Hunnid-P is a fucking fraud and all of his songs outside of Sonic Adventure are garbage. All of them.

That's a damn shame. I wonder who did the heavy lifting for his songs in the ost then.

Also tfw Sonic has an edgy side

YA DAMN RIGHT, KNUCKLES

this is what bugs me
it looks like an mp5 with the magazine and everything
yet the hand guard looks like an m4 hand guard

Excuse me niggers, but those aren't the best songs from SA2

.webm unrelated?

ebed unrelated?

Yes, actually.
I already posted Aquatic Mine earlier and I didn't wanna post it again.

Hey let's remember the important part
There's so much good music in the SA2 OST we can argue about what's the best for days
DAYS
There's something for everyone

What about music from SA2 that's in a game other than SA2?

It's hit or miss. For City Escape it's a nice dance mix though not something I liked much for playing through the level.
Embed related was just worse but it gets appreciation for letting me figure out the lyrics.

Speaking of songs that are just worse…

BLACK FRIED EGGS ON THE WALL

You know what we need?
More love for Mecha-Sonic.

I can imagine a game where you play as Mecha Sonic, with movement being a lot more about stop-and-go rather than being acceleration-based.

Good lord.
Where's a Crush 40 cover of Bring Me to Life when you need it?

Fuck, I really want this now.

What about high quality Sonic rips?

Yes.

Sweet.

I miss the ride, writing horribly bad rape fapfics, having flynn around, streaming the shitty cartoon and listening to Long john baldry

I'M FEELIN' IT
I'M FEELIN' IT AROUND MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Helps that he actually has a reason for it and he explicitly serves as a counter to a wild character, more or less he plays action-hero straight man

Good taste my nigger.

But here's SA1's real best track

Sometimes i wonder why i bother coming to this place

It's just really pointless. If you're going with a manually operated bolt you may as well make it a bolt action rifle to allow for bigger loads.
A pump action MP5 is just plain retarded.

We should ask Mark if it'd be okay to hold a Ride here. There's been some good content out since 2014.

I just realized that Chaos 7 looks like the Bait Fish.

I never did since I didn't know about that true ending shit

Lots of people love this game and none of them really know why.

IGN, go home, you're drunk.

that was perfect

Clearly they wrote SA2 before they designed Shadow fully. Some of these Shadow designs look like they could actually be mistaken for Sonic. I always thought it was ridiculous how Shadow was always mistaken for Sonic when they look as different as they do.

I'LL MAKE YOU EAT THOSE WORDS

I thought Sonic Heroes was good.

Daily reminder that garfielf got canned and shelved because of it's creators love for Steven Universe.

God that is horrible, I hope I die before I become like that.

Same

The first Zone is good, the rest of it is total garbage.

It's weird to think that I got 100% on all of these. Even R. it's not nearly as bad as people sayeven though, for the life of me, I don't think spin-dashing does a goddamn thing

The last two zones were the best in the game, Egg Fleet is my shit. Metal Overlord is also cool