Megaten Thread

Played Purse Owner 3 and hated it, then played SMT1 and found it a little boring, got pretty far so I might finish it later. Pic related though, shit man! Dat atmosphere, dat difficulty, dat soundtrack, dat plot.

I fucking love this game, got all endings. I want more of it. What should I play next? Is Revelations: Persona on PSP worth it with the PS1 music patch?

Discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

my.mixtape.moe/wmjjjy.pmf
my.mixtape.moe/hgliwy.txt
youtube.com/shared?ci=1hQN7FApGTU
youtube.com/shared?ci=-hJEps-sVXU
itunes.apple.com/us/app/shin-megami-tensei-eng/id804069802?mt=8
squirrel-lang.org/).
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Digital Devil Saga.

What does he mean by this?

oww the edge i gotta shoot myself in the head cut my wirsts and fight God! owwww

Pic related was my first real SMT game, maybe you'll like it too.

Haven't played it but am going to play Persona 2. It talks about meme magic and reality creation even though the game was released 16 years ago.

The Last true SMT Game….

Just restarted this at a higher res on the emulator, I forgot how good the enviornmental design in the first game is.

It's mostly from C.G Jung, he was studying meme magic for a long time.

Japan hated the game which is why it didn't sell to expectation

Why hate it? Japs ate up Etrian Odyssey, didn't they? You'd think they go for the Wizardry formula with SMT demon negotiation shenanigans. Was it because they were expecting something like Nocturne?

Not enough social links and the one guy who tried to date in the game was laughed at.

wtf I hate japs now

no, kiddo, the japs hate you weeaboo tards more

(you)

;_;

I gotchu fam

>>>/hgg/30412

Guess I may go for DDS or Strange Journey.

L-lewd!

Well damn, I guess it's his own fault for not being some shitty reality show personality or eceleb.

To answer your question, OP: Yes, I highly recommend Persona. With or without the music patch, it doesn't really matter. It's the best Persona game either way.

Is the translation on PSP good or is it still butchered as fuck?

It doesn't have Hitler though.

Just emulate it fam.

GO BACK!

Srlsy?

Is there an English translation of the first SMT for GBA or PS1?

Any ishit emulators maybe so I can play the better version in English?

nope and there probably won't ever be!

wew

Why don't you shoot yourself in real life?

Just beat the Minotaur in SMTIV? Is it considered good?
For now I like it much less than Strange Journey.

No it and Final/Apoc are the considered the worst mainline SMT. I'd go so far as to say they're the worst in the SMT series. Yes worse than IF.

I thought people said FINAL is good. Is it at least better than the regular SMT4?

Not by much, the start is stronger, and then it just gets worse and worse.

I don't think SMTIV/Final are nearly as bad as people like to say it is either. It definetely isn't the worst in the franchise when stuff like NINE, Demikids, and that other game that no one ever talks about exist. It's main problem is sloppy execution of elements from SMT1 and 2. Although final is the SMT 2 to SMTIV's 1 if that helps.

It's definitely better than Persona 3 and 4 but that isn't hard to do.

I'll elaborate a little.
The partner system is much improved, and throughout much of the game you're given a choice of partners ranging from a free heal each turn, free buffs/debuffs each turn, Free Endure/Null Ailments each turn, or… some piddling damage attacks that don't pierce. This is fine, and also the only thing Final does better than 4.
Smirk is back and this time even worse. Enemies can now force smirk on themselves and it gives attacks special properties too. Certain attacks pierce when smirking and smirking is still a forced critical. One boss in particular later will Smile Charge, Trisagion (innate pierce when smirking) repeat until it's out of turns. There's nothing you can do to prevent this, you just have to hope you have enough HP to survive his turn because >lol no defense stat or anything other than flat HP.
Smirking can also happen off of preemptive attacks now, and since horde battles chain and it's a random chance they get a preemptive attack on you when chaining, sometimes you get to have your party mostly killed off.

The Balance is laughably worse because so many endgame abilities have innate pierce or some other nonsense it doesn't matter what demons you choose other than "have buffs on some of them". The No defense change laughably makes glass cannon demons worthless because the chance of them surviving any enemy's turn just comes down to "hope they don't get targeted".

The balance gets worse super lategame as all of your partners and your MC get pierce on all of their abilities, so you start one shotting bosses even harder, except when it's HP gated like a few bosses are.

Basically it fixes 1 thing from SMT4, and makes the smirk system even worse to compound on the preexisting problems that 4 introduced.

>>>/cuckchan/
>>>/ovens/
>>>/reddit/

He specifically said "mainline SMT." That's 1,2, if, 3/Nocturne, SJ, 4 and 4A.

Considering he said this after he said 'worst in the mainline', I had assumed he was talking about the entire franchise.

Which has a lot worse games than SMTIV/Final.

This.

Demikids was just bland, SMT4/F are actively horrible.

Maybe the two sequels aren't but Light and Dark aren't good games by any means, a hell of a lot worse than SMTIV by a wide margin.

And NINE is just shit, you can be upset about smirk all you want but they do a lot of things right when you compare it to the entire franchise.

Yeah, 4A is better than 4 because the corrected a lot of mistakes, but the rot of the franchise is still there. The tone is just so different from every previous installment. Despite being in what should be a hugely claustrophobic environment, the games feel too perky and fun.

They should have gone full Infernal Tokyo as the setting of 4, rather than pussy foot around it as an alternate timeline.

Not really Smirk and No defense is just too cancerous to enjoy. It also doesn't invalidate every other SMT game.
The only reason aleph didn't kill YVHV is because he didn't have 6 retards to say he's not real at him

P1 on the PSP seems to be one of AtlusUSA's best localizations ever. They must've gone all out to make up for the notorious PS1 screwup.
Mind you, I don't know Japanese, but if there were any serious flaws in the translation, I assume I would have heard about them by now.
From what the wiki tells me, a minor enemy in the game now named Secret Police was originally called Secret Service, but that's nothing to write home about.

Say what you want about the Nazis, but their appearance in P2 is one of the most fun and memorable parts of any Persona story. Not to mention people's reactions to it are priceless.

This. I hope I forget about them so it feels like I'm playing them again for the first time.

I'm emulating Soul Hackers and beat the Dolphin rapist boss. I had to look up how to beat him after stalemating and averaging 30 hp melee attacks per turn. Seriously Fuck fAtlus games. The negotiations are terrible too. Demons will take your gifts and run off with them.

Kill yourself.

Need to strongarm your way to that pussy bro.

apparently it was disliked because it didn't took place in japan unlike EO
now that i think about it, considering the ronin class comes from a far away land shit must have been pretty fucked when the end of the world happened for them to get so far away from their homeland

To be fair to the japs, all the main games but …if had until that point featured post-apocalyptic cities and large world maps. SJ went back to the MT1/…if route of the whole game being a continuous dungeon crawl.

Well, I'm back on the thread with a little something. I was checking out Persona on PSP and FUCK do I hate what they did to the music and opening. Now, there's a patch to force the PS1 music on the PSP version, and thank god because I fucking hate that j-pop shit.

However, the opening was still that unfitting mess, so I went ahead and modded it.

FMV: my.mixtape.moe/wmjjjy.pmf
LBA Tables: my.mixtape.moe/hgliwy.txt

Use UMDGen 4.00. You'll need to put it in \PSP_GAME\USRDIR\MOVIE Then import the LBA tables (File>File List>Import Click yes to force it), and save to .cso, otherwise you'll get a black screen. Apply the PS1 music patch first, just in case.

I'm down for more changes if you guys think anything else should be modified, but my knowledge of PSP is kinda limited.

Finally got to the point where you murder all your annoying fucking party members and also kill Toki. Who should be my goddess?

I have not played Final yet so cannot comment on that, but SMT4 being anything close to the worst game in the franchise or 'actively horrible' is a massive exaggeration. Yes, smirk is terrible idea, the guest designs are disgusting, and the stat changes are for the worse. But beyond that it's still a pretty solid SMT game. I don't know when the last time you played SMT1 was, but I really don't think it's better game than 4 when judged by the same metric. 2 and 3 are better, of course. but that's quite a height to aspire to.

What you should play next really depends on the experience you want. Persona is a lot heavier on the dialogue than spartan Nocturne, and I honestly don't think P1 is a very good game. Play P2 if you want that kind of experience (and can tolerate extremely tedious combat). Digital Devil Saga, Strange Journey, or SMT2 are all good bets if you want more of Nocturne with various twists.

SMT1 and 2 should be remade using a combination of 4 and the EO engine.

It has better writing, better RPG elements, it's dated as fuck, but it doesn't feel like a horrible chore to play like SMT4/F.
VILLAINS ARE JUST PRETENDING TO BE KILLED, IF YOU SAY YVHV ISN'T REAL HE LOSES ALL HIS POWERS
Those are real spoilers by the way, that is actually the plot.

Yeah, I want more Nocturne, less Purse Owner. Although I'll give P1 a chance.

I think I'll play DDS later.

Sorry man. I found it extremely samey, the map is a rotating annoyance, the battles are piss easy and the plot seems to go nowhere after the Nuclear explosion.

Does it get better after the Police station?

DDS is the most Nocturne-y of all, as it is on the same engine and battle system.

There are some interesting bits towards the end, but it will always be an early dungeon crawler. If you can't get past that, you probably should skip 1 and 2.

I love me some dungeon crawlers, but SMT1 just feels extremely eh to me. It's not a bad game, it doesn't even feel that dated, it's just eh.

Noice. I'll play P1 for a bit and see if I like it. If I don't, then I'll go for DDS.

tbh fam, I liked IV more than Nocturne, at least I wasn't fusion shuffling for 8 hours or grinding for a million years for magatamas. Final fixed something that has pissed me off for years and that's the instant kill spells. Smirk only %chance, otherwise they're regular spells.

The small quality of life changes are always nice, but play them both back to back and the quality of both will be made abundantly clear.

Goddamnit, fuck Vishnu-Flynn so hard. I figured out the trick, but fuck him. It's to use Tetraja, which has never before actually been necessary.

oh you forget the best part, the past…. 8 bosses at that point if you cast a reflect spell spam Almighty spells

I had put Nocturne down for a while due to the Masakado Magatama cost, beat SMT4 and then beat Nocturne. The game I'd rather replay is __Final.

That feel when forced to grind for a boss after several attempts. That feel when you didn't save when a pig's Mudo hits after the grind is over. Well at least I didn't pay money for this game.

Who should be my goddess, Holla Forums?

At the end of 4A, on Massacre, you get to pick a single partner to revive and take into the final dungeon.

The only real options are Navarre, Asahi and Hallelujah.

ALL HAIL THE GODDESS NAVARRE.

MESSIAH BLASTAAAAAH

Hallelujah, lost is bullshit.

Too late, the ghost was killed and revived as an immortal ghost.

Personally, I really like Persona and find it strange that people hate it. As much as I also like Shin Megami Tensei and Digital Devil Saga, it's pretty edgy shit that essentially involves the post-apocalypse while you fight demons. I'll never understand why people act like such contrarians with Shin Megami Tensei.
Are you insecure about liking cute anime girls or some shit? Persona not manly enough?
There's not a huge difference between the gameplay of Shin Megami Tensei and Persona.
So, what exactly gives? Please tell me.

P3 and P4 are barely SMT games. They're social sims with a SMT background. Persona 3 in particular features the major arcana theme over the classic SMT demons.

P5 though looks pretty good, I'll try it out at least. It looks a bit more SMT than the previous two.

Why do I get the feeling that you've never played or finished a Persona game?

There's no demon negotiation in persona. You take a break from actual gameplay to to dating sim and everyday life bullshit. The demons featured in the games might as well be equipment for all that they do, and they pretty much act like it. Persona is its own thing, not SMT, don't try to pretend otherwise.

That's what you sound like, to be honest.
Still, it's cool that they're adding Demon Negotiations to Persona. Personally, I also think that Persona does great with being able to take a break from actual gameplay.
Letting you do things in your spare time beyond just fighting demons. Makes me feel like there's an actual world that I can feel invested to. Still, you have a point with demons being simply equipment or weapons.
Though Persona does explain that they're essentially Jojo Stands that represent your inner consciousness.

It isn't, for the reason I outlined. It is part of the SMT universe, but its not a "SMT" Game. I do like it them, but OP says he don't.

P5 has demon negotiations and that's why I said its more like a SMT game.

I haven't played P3 or P4 in awhile because my PS2 disk reader broke and I couldn't be arsed to fix it. I think I'll get a hard drive and hack it that way, it seems to be the easiest method.

Except in the first three and in 5. So that's on 3, 4 and Q without it.

Also, fuck the final dungeon of 4A. Pic re fucking lated.

The Persona games aren't SMT games. They're not even titled as SMT games, so why would you expect otherwise?

I liked the MMO, but it's gone now.

Sure, I'll tell you.

Huge chunks of fucking nothing between full moons.

No, I don't give a fuck about the social link. It's boring and I shouldn't be forced into it. The music also fucking sucks but I could solve that with some hacking. The atmosphere didn't really capture me and it felt like Purse Owner was trying too hard to be hip and edgy for the sake of being "cool" than to actually have an identity.

C'mon gurl let me ruck yu wuuuurrrrrld

BABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABYBABYYEEEAAHEAHEAHEAHEAHAE

Of course it isn't an SMT game, but that seems to be the main reason people are against Persona. Persona is alternate universe where things happened differently from the mainline series. I just think people don't give Persona enough of a chance. Because I used to fucking hate JRPGs because of essentially being forced to grind or being forced to fight without rest. And now, it's great I can give a fuck about the world I'm saving for once.

Is this the part where I'm going to ask for a better example of where SMT does better in music? And you're going to send me some sort of edgy orchestral or heavy rock piece?

Apart from that, everything is just your opinion, dude. But please, share me a song from the SMT series that is heaps better.

You're spot-on. Soejima's comments about the evokers say it all. The man's a hack. Although he does draw neat posters from time to time.

For those unaware, the timeline goes something like this

SMT1 -> SMT:IMAGINE-> SMT2

In SMT2's era, some time nonsense occurs, resulting in a branched timeline starting in the 1920s. This new timeline is the one Persona takes place in.

Raidou 1-> Raidou 2-> SMT …if -> Devil Summoner -> Soul Hackers -> Persona 1 -> Persona 2: IS

At this point yet another timeline divergence occurs, resulting in the world of Persona 2:EP.

As P3, 4 and 5 aren't by the same people as the previously mentioned games, where they fall is irrelevant.

I don't know what you even want from me. The music in mainline SMT fits the atmosphere and tone, while Persona just feels forced to promote idols or be westaboos. Probably 2 songs ever fit the game instead of just being there.

Probably wasting my time because you'll shoot down anything I post as edgy, but eh. Posting links because I can't embed with my phone.

SMT:N youtube.com/shared?ci=1hQN7FApGTU

Persona PSP youtube.com/shared?ci=-hJEps-sVXU

In SMT it just fits the environment, it creates an atmosphere to get sucked into. Persona can't be taken seriously when something as pivotal as the battle theme is just some sellout bitch singing some silly J-pop in Engrish. That's the kinda shit I'd listen to when I want to laugh, not when I'm battling.

actually all of that is untrue.
Apoc retcons it

In a nutshell, SMT sets the atmosphere while Persona tries to make a music video out of everything.

Final just takes place in a universe where Nanashi stroke a deal with Dagda after his death, thus we observe a new reality.

No I mean literally, the official stance from atlas is that all the smt games aside from direct sequels are self contained now

It's a little too late for that and unless Final does something that destroys the amala it shouldn't be difficult to continue to link the games together. Even its DLC notes there's nothing stopping every route being canon once observed.

You unmake YVHV by telling him he's not real, completely destroying everything

I played a bit of SMT and it was great, the atmosphere is superb.

Just start with one of the mainline titles or the side games and move through them. Once you've played one you can quickly finish the others Raidou and DeSu are the ones that have the most different gameplay

Start here, its the most straightforward title and you don't need to play any of the others to understand it.

You know, there's one thing I'm not understanding in Nocturne.
Why is the new world only Tokyo?
What happened to the rest of the world at Conception? Were other encapsulated worlds created or is Tokyo just some kind of chosen land?
If the latter is true, what happened to all the other souls around the world? Spirited away to heaven or hell or something?
I'm still pretty early into the game.

Apoc isn't written by the same people, thus can't retcon shit.

Shin Megami Tensei is very Japanese, in the first 2 games the Abrahamic god decides to build the grand cathedral for his summoning in Japan because he fucking hate gooks and Shinto Buddhism.

The spell to cause the conception Vortexifies the surrounding area and destroys everything else. All other souls are pulled into the egg.

This is why

Negotiations were only taken out of 3/4 because they wanted that casual audience. They got them hooked, and now they're laughing at them.
"You want short dungeons so you can spend 3 hours waifu hunting? HA! Hope you like Futaba's dungeon, faggot!"

Anyone have a link to working DLC or the Japanese version of IV Final? I got one from 3DS iso, but it just says "Error" when I turn on the game (I can still play the game though, just with no DLC).

Has Kaneko lost his mind, or is this Yamai's doing?

He's no longer involved except being credited for his demon designs and "SMT in medieval times" pitch that has been going around since the SNES era.

4 and 4A are their own thing, although the interpretation as subordinate to YHWH isn't actually a retcon at all, that's from SMT2.

Lucifer as suborinate

What about the comp? Does that mean that demon summoning uses old school rituals?

Oh. I was wondering what exactly they meant by "scenario design". Guess that must be it then.

If you're still undecided then I have to recommend the DDS games as well, definitely the closest you're going to get to Nocturne. The encounter rate can get pretty fucking silly in the first one with some truly obnoxious enemies in the last few hours, but it's still a total blast the whole way through. The thing I love most about those games is the amount of customization they give you. It's just nice to be able to specialize your set party members in whatever area you want, even if it doesn't really fit their character at all. Adds a good bit of replayability as well.

Futaba's isn't even the worst of it. The second-to-last one cruise ship is easily at least 4 hours long if you're going in blind with miniboss after miniboss. God-tier field music makes up for it though.

Only legitimate answer. I can tell this user played the game.

Though this sounds like a good character assessment for Thor

AND THIS IS WHY WE NOW LOOK TO PERSONA

BECAUSE THEY MURDERED SHIN MEGAMI TENSEI

Massacre ending makes it clear you've only taken over "your" universe and that infinite others still exist. 4 and 4A only effect their own worlds, that's how it works.

However, Dagda and the translation of "Great Will" as Axiom should be carried over, as both are great.

Speaking of Persona, P5 reportedly already made over half a million sales, which means it easily broke Atlus' 20-year long Japanese sales record (also held by Persona, of course).

Even if it's just as a bonus boss, I want to see him back again too.

He should be the highest level Jirae (Earth Spirit), about Gogmagog. Put him in as Death or Temperance in Persona.

above

Which means more Persona games in the near future.

Except that you haven't played the game you fucking faggot. Smirk was made so much more manageable. Oh enemy can smirk itself? Oh let me cast the smirk removing rebuff and procede to fucking murder the boss.

Im interested in the older games, is pic related worth playing?Or just just go to SMT 1/2?

MT1 was a bit too archaic for me but MT2 is better than even SMT1 and 2, gameplay wise. By all means give them a shot.

How is DS emulation on toasters?

Almost perfect for most games, you might google some config options for specific games. Just use Demsume and try by yourself, the ROM is barely 100+mb

Hopefully we'll another PQ, for some more oldschool tile dungeon crawling.

Yeah, go for it.

PQ2 with post P2:EP versions of the 1 and 2 casts would be awesome.

yeah he didn't include the real hard part, not turning off the sound when you hear the 4 second loop of music they decided to put in the longest dungeon of the game

The final boss has a great theme.

yeah the rest of the music was okay, but seriously what were they thinking with outer realm "Lets make it grating as shit, also EVERYTHING MUST BE REFLECTIVE, also no new demons just older ones with higher HP"

Guessing it never occured to you that some people PREFER SMT over P3/4 because of the demon negotiating, alignment mechanics and such, but nah that doesn't sound right.

At this point Persona is just weeb bait, waifus and all. Not going to lie, though. I'm a sucker for that shit. Haven't played P5 yet, though I've heard both good and bad things about it. Should I give into the hype?

Time to re-fuse all my demons with null nerve and mind, fucking silky smooth curry nigger.

devil survivor is rigged as fuck, but its pretty fun, I'm around 25-26,my demons are the 20 -23 but any of the new fusions don't really look good at all,trading 23 str/mag for 15 or 12 seems bad + the passives are kind of garbage

You can also use Hallelujah as he gives the group a null ailment spell.

I used Gaston for his debuff remover and survivability. He didn't even steal my press turns.

Strange Journey is the best of the series, so play that last if you ever want to enjoy the rest of them.

That smiley face helmet was such a great design.

Who in Atlus thought this was a good idea at all?

Got my hands on Smile Charge, what do I get rid of?

I think Vishnu-Flynn is beyond the realm of getting gud and far into complete bullshit territory.

Probably more of a symptom of there just being zero defense stats and resistances being worthless towards the end.

Not really sure why they did it, but MP stops being an issue between fights when you get the final MP restore app.

Probably either eat whole or frenzied chomp, neither are as useful during a boss fight like smile charge is.

meant for the first reply for

did you even play this game

because im too busy smashing pussy while you numales are playing your brainless rock paper scissor simulators to fill the emptyness that is your life

I've always hated the demon negotation system, it was best in Devil Summoner 2 when the demons could remember after they left and they'd go "Oh sorry about leaving, I'll join you now"

It's arguably one of the weaker SMT games, but mechanically it's easy to get into, what with being able to save anywhere you want and other things. If you're new to the series, keep playing. If you beat IV and FINAL, and you want more, then great; move onto the others, they'll offer a better challenge.

at least we're all having fun

Final does this sometimes, after talking to a demon a few times without negotiating successfully they'll join you automatically, some joined me automatically after I had them in my party before.

I'll miss those trio of status effects. Eat Whole is amazing for mob control, took out those Gaeans real good. Either that or 200St+130Lu is overkill. Crits for days, thank fuck strength stat got fixed.

It's like you don't want to do 18000 on a single hit

Isn't it diminishing returns after 200?

yeah? So?
1 shotting bosses is the only way to have fun in "lol No defense stats 4"

I guess I'll start dumping Str now.

when does angel/archangel/principality/power stop evolving
it's getting absurd

Here's a chart if you want it.

HE

There's an official translation on ios

itunes.apple.com/us/app/shin-megami-tensei-eng/id804069802?mt=8

Unless the sales for 4A are any good, it seems like the only recent SMT games are that eraMegaten and someone setting up a private server for Imagine.

Isn't that shit?

I really don't know what they were thinking, but I'm glad it happened. I just wish it'd happened sooner. They better not forget him for the new gen also.

He's a bit different in P5.

That's because they used the design from the P4 Arena.

As has been said before, now that they have new demons for assets, they could leverage that heavily into new SMT games. Unfortunately, they seem to have decided SMT games are only for mobile, and after IV I'm not really feeling where they're going with the series.
I would really love to see another game like Digital Devil Saga game on PS4, something that experiments with the formula.

I can share more demons here.

Team Maniax are aware the 3DS' generation isn't going to last much longer and they won't get away with using sprites and PS2/Xbox models forever.
They did say early this year that they're starting a difficult project. Whatever it is, they better commit to it and not cut any corners.

Now that's just overkill.

I just want my own Pixie god damn it

The only thing I wanted was a 3D model of Sedna. I might as well commission someone to do it.

I would often dual-client on a PC that was a toaster by today's standards. It wouldn't last long since it was over 10 years old. Plus, I wanted more loot.

They should take a page from Imagine wherein the demons had friendship scales, and if they liked you enough they would get buffs and even give you randomly generated quests.

Oh, I see.

Someone didn't play Persona 1.

God forbid they decide to do a fucking persona MMO because the series is making money. It makes me wonder how 5 is doing sales-wise since the last TGS was banking on trying to pitch P5 as the game to get for the PS4. Even with those collabs, what the fuck?

I might make a thread on the agdg board about a private server for Imagine at this point.

See , which is supported by the article on the Persona site.

I doubt it, their SMT MMO is shutting down the last of its servers soon.

Of course, if they're still interested in the MMO market now is the time to launch a new one.

They already shut them down a few months ago.

Well, PS4 owners will have something to look forward to I guess, I just hope 4 Final manages to sell a good amount.

I don't, 4 and 4 final selling their eventually post game and also good content behind paywalls is so disgusting that it getting sales will just encourage them to keep making games like it, rather shit be dead then dead inside

What game is this?

SMT imagine online, it's dead but some people were trying to get private servers for it working.

Not sure if I want to make a new thread about it or hijack this thread. Because I have details about it.

Do it, that would deserve it's own thread

I am interested as well.

The final dungeon in P5 is some mainline SMT shit, plus they brought back the negotiations.

Like this.
But the real fun will start once it goes worldwide. It's gonna be huge.

As for the idea of a Persona MMO, I can see it happening someday but I wouldn't hold my breath. Probably a lot sooner than we'll ever get another mainline SMT MMO, though.
It's a shame 'cause I think mainline SMT is much better suited for MMO than Persona, but considering mainline SMT's inferior sales, and how poorly Imagine's localization was handled, I just don't see them having any interest in doing another one anytime soon.

I'll prep a post soon, still handing other things at this moment, but I will make that thread.

It's not the best news, but it will be something to hopefully look forward too. Right now the big need at this moment is people who know C++ and Squirrel (squirrel-lang.org/). If you guys know that then I could direct you on how to help out.

this look cool i will probably wait anxiously for months or years then when finally go out i will play for 10 mins and notice i cant possible make friends and stop playing

Anyone play Soul Hackers? If you've homebrewed your 3DS to pirate FINAL (which you should have), you should give it a try. It has 2 features that set it apart from other games in the series.

The game doesn't have any alignment choices. Instead, a demon's alignment affects who it can be summoned with. The alignment goes:
Extra Chaotic > Chaotic > Neutral > Lawful > Extra Lawful
You can only summon demons up to 2 alignments apart (you can have a neutral to extra lawful party, chaotic to lawful party, etc.), so the more powerful demon races like herald and fury have drawbacks in that they limit your party's options.

Demons have personality types, which are also used in other games for negotiation, and loyalty. At first, they will actually disobey you if you give them direct commands they don't like. For example, kind demons only like to use dia and buffs, and dumb demons only like when you use the "go" command, which is random. When a demon has max loyalty, it will do any move you ask it to do.

Also it has a unique demon called zoma, which is basicly a blank slate that you can fuse any skills onto, always has max loyalty, and doesn't cost MAG to have summoned. The downside is that it always has below average stats for its level.

Finally, the game was made back when 3 demon fusion was still a thing, so you could use a bunch of low level demons to make high level rare races.

Also, it just got an undub.

dat gif

I'm almost done with Soul Hackers. Just need to beat Kakodura and then Manatee. Maybe I will go for the bonus dungeon after. Not a NG+. The ultimate laser is killing me.

Does anyone have that edited screenshot of SMT IV which says "atlus will create a world where Persona 4 lasts forever"? I could have sworn I saved it, but I can't find it.

That was Devil Summoner Raidou 2 I think.

Honestly, I didn't have a hard time navigating this area, I was just annoyed by how large and spread out everything was.

It was an edit of a screenshot from the very beginning of SMT IV when Johnathan is talking to the protagonist.

Here you go fam.

Thank you so much, really appreciate it.

I traced a path until the last sector, then just lucked out and got it in a few minutes. I estoma'd the whole time, though.

Goddamn SMT4 was awful. 4A was alright, but it was so ballless for a game where you literally kill God and murder all your friends, no real esoteric core.

4A is literally the same as 4.
The smirk system still exists, the no defense stats exist, and in fact it's worse than 4 because at least 90% of the endgame bosses didn't have pierce.
Both are shit/10

The story doesn't make me want to shoot myself in the head the entire time, but that's probably because I found Dagda and Krishna to be completely reasonable.

Krishna you mean MERELY PRETENDING TO BE KILLED IN A BOSSFIGHT

Lawfags just mad they didn't think of it first.

I don't think that excuses one of the laziest plot devices

I don't get your statement here.
Are you saying "Wow you should be thankful we got anything at all entitled pissbaby"
or
"Wow you shouldn't expect something, and if you don't go in expecting anything it's a fantastic game shitlord"

==test=

test

New and improved!

Neither. SMT4 was so bad it was a miracle SMT4A didn't combust within the first two minutes. I enjoyed it well enough. It was worth the zero dollars I payed for it, and am grateful I got to slit Isabeau's throat.

Shitty version is funnier.

I thought the Massacre route was satisfying and that it's the highlight of the game. The story sucked for the most part though with how the game pushes power of friendship bullshit. Also Dagda was right.

Nice.

What you mean you liked "Flynn is so cool, I wish you were playing as flynn he's so cool", Edgelord Dagda, and Merely pretending to be dead was somehow not complete shit?

Or it's fun to play a game where you actually get to be a misanthrope. Honestly, that setting needed to be destroyed anyway, I don't see how anyone could expect the useless dregs of Tokyo to repopulate that planet, much less sustain the world in the void their killing YHWH caused.

But seriously, I don't see why you're getting all pissy at me. I didn't write the game and didn't financially support it, so you should probably just tone it own a little bit bub.

Yeah I thought that too around the, what, fifth time Ikebukuro got ass pounded? These people can't think rationally or anything, the setting has made them all fanatical and if that's really all that's left of humanity it's not worth saving anymore. Icing on the cake is that only 1/3rd of them actually believed in the Hunters and Flynn in the end.

Dagda was right.

To be fair, I think we're all a bit on edge 'cause SMT has been treated poorly and stuck on tiny screens for 2 generations straight (with the exception of Imagine master race, of course).

I played the power of friendship route and the kill your friends route at the same time, and what put me off about the former is that Danu just makes a new Dagda that is your bitch and now you get to kill the old one.

Dagda's just a demon. You can make multiple iterations of it.