Wii thread

I just dug my wii out of my closet and hooked everything up. What are some good games to pirate?
other than mario, zelda, and metroid as I've played those.

Other urls found in this thread:

romulation.net/rom/Wii/Rhythm-Heaven-Fever-U-iMARS
pastebin.com/hicNfpCV
mega.co.nz/#F!WRcEybiS!XkS89zjkXlgscw9AJjXwrQ
altwfc.net/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Also would anyone happen to have the latest chart? is chart-sama still around?

This is what I personally own and completed, somebody else can post the image list.

No More Heroes 1-2
Xenoblade
Pandora's Tower
Red Steel 2
Okami
Muramasa
Fatal Frame
Tatsunoko vs Capcom
Rhythm Heaven Fever (you can't imagine the fun)
Silent Hill Shattered Memories
Dead Space lightgun
Goldeneye remake
Trauma Center remake, team 1-2
Sin & Punishment
Sonic Colors

Still around. Give me a little while and I'll see about getting a new WIP out.

Anyhow, if you like JRPGs, Xenoblade's enjoyable (admittedly the MMO-esque combat can be a slight turn off to some), and I've heard good things about Arc Rise Fantasia, horrific English dub aside (it does have an undub out there for pirating though).

You've got me intrigued with Rhythm Heaven Fever, but I can't find an ISO.

While I appreciate Nintendo at least trying to make their "Greatest Hits" style prints a bit classier than average, that sort of irks me as far as trying to keep cover styles cohesive. Would have wanted a normal cover to use for it, the way Pikmin 1 for the Wii had.

Anyhow, while working on cropping/sizing covers, making tabs, and adding them, might as well post what's on the list to potentially be added (these being based on games other anons have mentioned as being worthwhile):

Still unsure what to do for Wii Ware representative images, as they don't have physical box art. I mean, there's some mockups on various sites, but it's not quite the same as having something official.

Might be in the bunker mega that's been circulating. It's basically a series of very different flash games, very japanese and catchy.

This is going to be a problem.

If you didn't play Mario Galaxy 2 because of the reviews, pick it up. Epic Mickey 1-2 are also very good, as Rayman Origins.

The Last Story had very good art, but feels unintendedly limited and claustrophobic. Resident Evil Darkside Chronicles and House of the Dead Overkill are the best lightgun games. Donkey Kong Country returns is straight out of the 16 bit era.

Skyward Sword is a good mission pack after Twilight Princess. I was never into Madworld and Fire Emblem, but your mileage might vary.

Meh. Megamix has the ultimate rhythm heaven experience.

And describing them as "Flash games" is downright insulting

Forgot to post this earlier. New work in progress sample.

romulation.net/rom/Wii/Rhythm-Heaven-Fever-U-iMARS

Megamix only starts getting good when you get to original games and to the harder variants of older games since the first level for them now are ultra-easy with original tunes, also there's an inordinate amount of games as unlockables and you're slow to acquire flow balls to unlock them

Pastebin with games
>pastebin.com/hicNfpCV
WADs
>mega.co.nz/#F!WRcEybiS!XkS89zjkXlgscw9AJjXwrQ

Any word on the NGC chart?

Get your hands on full sets for SNES, NES, Master System and Megadrive. Same thing for anything that is Gameboy (regular, colour and advance). PC-Engine emulation is surprisingly good, Turbografx CD games are fucking great playin some Ys right now

It was pretty mediocore. I think maybe I would have liked it more if not for the whole teardrop bullshit before every dungeon.

I've been having fun with Fever. I have CFW on my 3ds so I might as well just play megamix if it's better.

Nice, thank you.

Baroque looks cool but I'm shit as those kind of games. Is it really hard?

Also I remember the first Red Steel was kind of shitty, is the second one better?

The Wii version is easier than the PS2 version. Looks considerably better tho.

It was shit and it is the worst Zelda game.

Sorry for the late reply, went to sleep after that. Gamecube update is still in the works; I usually opt to wait until a particular thread is made for a system before posting an update (though if I don't see one for quite a while, I might just dump one in an infographic thread).

I've heard that Red Steel 2 was a good improvement; prior WIP of that only had Red Steel 2 on it, but some anons expressed wanting the first up there as well (again, it's not done yet, so things are prone to change).

Well the Wii unless you're retarded and bought the shittier version has NGC support. Plus its a good way to play them in 480p since getting component cables for the NGC is practically impossible. They are better than the Wii ones though, however, judging by the price the Wii is the next best alternative. No GBA support for games like Final Fantasy, Pokemon and Zelda tho.

Yeah, I've got an old model Wii myself, and backwards compatibility is nice as always. Even let me install Bootmii as Boot2.

You lucky fucker

Bump

I still don't know how to use EmuNAND.

I just got as far as installing channels for an NES and an SNES emulator, along with the homebrew channel, and called it a day. I really have no idea what I should do with my Wii beyond let it collect dust until years from now, I decide to play Metroid Prime again.

Get Nintendont channel and play all GC games

I know only certain models can have it installed like that, but what's the apparent cut off for it as far as models/release years go? Just something I've wondered for a while.

Fucking casuals.

Smartphones saved us all. Imagine the horror of motion controls catching on.

Luckily the blue ocean dried up.

I'd much rather play with a Wiimote than on a fucking phone touchscreen.
Took me a better part a month to beat Castlevania SOTN.

I really find myself wishing that those SNES-to-Wii controller adaptors were still in print, but they've been discontinued. Unfortunately the Gamecube d-pad hasn't struck me as the best means of trying to play old 2D games like those on the NES or SNES.

And I'd much rather play with a DS4 or xbox s controller.

Casuals would rather look like retards than get good. Took me one afternoon to learn how to use a controller. I guess that was too hard for the Wii audience.

Phone touchscreen isn't perfect for core games, but honestly I think it could do at least NES level complexity with good accuracy if the industry just did one simple thing:

Copy Rocketcat's "Pro Swipe" control scheme, which they used for Mage Gauntlet and Wayward Souls.

Seriously, both these games are top-down games similar to 2D Zelda games and even though they're phone games I never had problems with the controls. What they do that's so ingenious is that instead of having on-screen buttons, they just let you put your thumb anywhere on the screen, and the way you move it determines your input. Wayward Souls had a control scheme as follows:

Now these are action-heavy games which require dodging and careful positioning, but I never felt like my movement was clumsy or slow. In fact, if it weren't for the fact that it has one of those stupid "gain currency really slowly and use it to buy upgrades for future runs" systems which I hate because they're just a way to artificially lengthen the gameplay hours, I'd consider Wayward Souls pretty much the best phone game I've ever played.

I keep mine hooked up as an emulation box. Absolutely great for playing emulated games in their original resolution on a tube TV.

You are supposed to die and restart over and over. Interesting concept, but kinda flat imo.

PSX to Gamecube adapters exist. Button mapping is straightforward. Don't pay a lot, though. Cheaper than buying a not-fucked-up Gamecube pad.

Go Vacation. Some of the minigames are fun.

What are the essential homebrew apps for the wii?

the gimmick that made nintendo crazy

Its fucking easy as shit you dumb fuck. You just need a dump of your actual NAND and then you inject the wads straight to it from a PC. Hell, if thats too tough, just having a folder with the dumped NAND is enough since USB Loader GX can inject the wads straight to the emuNAND, however its only done one at a time. Its fucking stupid to install shit directly to the NAND since the Wii has abysmal storage.

Emulators, Nintendon't, a USB loader and thats pretty much it. The Wii isn't a good media box like a CFW PS3 though you can play DVDs surprisingly well on it, however, 480p is your limit

I said that I didn't know what to do with it because IT IS A FUCKING USELESS PIECE OF SHIT UNDERPOWERED GIMMICKBOX THAT ONLY FINDS PURPOSE IN BEING CHEAPER THAN GAMECUBE RGB CABLES.

I cannot force myself to give much of a fuck to do anything but what I've already done with it, as fucking Everdrives are the superior solution to "lookit me running emulators for one console on another one", and what the fuck else is a Wii good for?

Some of the Wii exclusives are actually pretty good man.

To this day, I believe I'm the only one who ever had fun with *Pokemon battle revolution*
It's very stale and poorly presented for a pokemon game, there is nothing to do but battle and customise your trainer and it takes a while to get to the goodstuff (challenging battles ie stargazer colloseum Master class sets). Thankfully, 15 year old me did the grind for me.

Now I've dug up the game again and I'm having fun raising teams on my Diamond DS cart and taking on the master sets. The fuckers start using legendaries on the fourth set as well.

I do wish that they might have had another Pokemon game set in Orre for the Wii. I really liked Colosseum and Gale of Darkness on the Gamecube.

Well, they've apparently announced one for their next console. But yes, it would be nice to get some new mainline console pokemon games

sorry, but ninturd consoles don't have any good games.

Feel like trying it play it over altwfc?
There was a kid who kept bugging for people to download and play it on the IRC channel, but by the time I got around to it he either gave up or died.

Sure, but you'll have to tell me how to get altwfc working

altwfc.net/

join up on IRC and I'll guide you

alright. gimme a sec.

Point and laugh at this goy paying top dollar for every god-damn everdrive on the planet.