Capitalism ho!

I have good memories with this game…

She is the capitalism ho.

Localized by goons who would ban you for using the word loli.

It was pretty fun.

sucks for them

For what purpose.

i'd like to see you try a first run by visiting the dungeon only once in every 3 days or so , let's see if you even make it past first week no save scumming

Replayed it recently.
Pretty good, but I wish the dungeon items scaled better and the merchant stuff were expanded, like you had to find and build business relationships with industrialists and other producers, rather than just buying stuff from the guild and market and selling them at a significant markup. Selling the guild master back weapons that you bought from him at a huge profit was a little strange. You could even have the producers give you dungeon-related quests to better your relationships with them and be rewarded with better prices and quality of goods.

CAPITALISM HO!

>shadman

Enjoyable little game (well, little in the sense that it feels like a handheld port, not so much in how many hours you can put into it).

The floors of the late-game dungeons get too large to be fun anymore though, especially if you start grinding for rare items. They're also unplayable with any character other than Tear with her sprinting boots (or maybe Arma with her equivalent) due to how long it takes to get around. Must be a nightmare with the basic swordfighter you get early on.

142 hours in it, enjoyed it.

d-don't make me install this game again

In terms of making money to meet deadlines? The dungeons are totally irrelevant. Ironically, the reason I didn't go to the dungeons very often was because I didn't have enough time to with all the buying and selling I was doing, so it's that I was playing poorly, rather than well, that meant I couldn't visit.
I only reloaded a save once because I accidentally invested something like 70% of all the pix I had, due to a double dropped price on metal items & weapons or something like that, with only 2 or so days left before the final deadline. Turns out I couldn't move all that stock that fast.
Maybe you mean completing story events that happen independently of the repaying the debt, because I never even unlocked nagi, let alone the elf girl or the demon, before I got to post-game.

i wanted to like the game but there were too many hidden things to keep track of, like your customers current wallet size

M8, that's easy.

I remember the blonde loli rival had huge amounts of shekels and would pay retardedly high prices for anything, she was absolutely terrible with money and rich as fuck, the best combination. Felt good scamming your rival.

Is there a communist simulator game?
By that I mean as a player you have to guess the exact number of resources required for their people and most efficient ways to allocate resources.

Don't Starve

An easy mistake to make but, her 'pinpoint' price, which gives an extra experience boost, is actually only 105%. The implication is that she's actually quite good with money and aware of the value of things, but will pay a lot more to you out of pity, or otherwise to validate her belief that recette is clueless and unprofessional.
It's a nice little touch to the background of her character.

I have good memories of capitalism in general when it comes to games
Was Pretty good taught me to play the steam market too, I haven't paid for a game since it was introduced.

Happy Merchant Simulator will be 10 years old next year!

It's a bit tough to say, but the closest thing would be doing a no crop run in Banished :^)

Holla Forums will be dead by next year again

Will there ever be a sequel?

Reminds me of Dorf Fortress.

You motherfucker

If so, probably only for mobile

Seriously, why does Recettear look like a fucking mobile port

well, Holla Forums is shrinking again….but then Holla Forums is growing

Sure Alouette.

What makes you think that? Unless some publisher company gets in contact with the dev and they agree to make a mobage, I don't see anything pointing towards that.
Because it's generally pretty simplistic in terms of controls and visuals, maybe? I'd compare it more to a portable console game though, but fact remains that it was and indie jap title developed for PC.
I also can't imagine myself bothering to play the later dungeons using only touchscreen controls, fuck that.

The later dungeons were tedious as fuck regardless of the controls just because of the inflated size of each floor. I really don't mind that the enemies get stronger (fuck those blue-yellow ropers though, especially if the monsters have a speed buff), but it just gets tedious if you spend almost half an hour on each stage only to get nothing of use.

I want a game where we play as Alouette and the goal is to build up as much justification for being smug as possible.
After you put Recette out of business you could hire her to work in your store and bully her every day.

It's a tiny indie game that's nearly a decade old. Also, it kind of just rips off Ys.

Not cool, man. She already has enough worries as it is with her incompetent father.

And it was not at all cruel of her to just walk away as quick as possible while he desperately tried to show how hard he fought for her, even if he still was wildly incompetent.

It's gone as low as half that in the past and still rebounded, shitposting never dies
Holla Forums, Holla Forums, and Holla Forums tanking is pretty disconcerting though

The only reason Holla Forums is tanking is because a lot of it's shitposters migrated to Holla Forums.

Has any Nip-learning user bothered to compare Carpe Fulgur's translation to the original yet? Some of the changes were rather obvious (capitalism ho, yayifications, phat lewt etc.), but I'd love to see someone go more in depth

That would certainly be worth investigating. Though I'm fairly certain this mustn't be the worst localization out there, both in terms of memes and translation accuracy.

We need to fucking murder the children
The old man aren't as bad, but they still need to go
Fuck the cunt housewives while you're at it
Old men and adults are ok though

You can sell 140% to the retarded man (non merchant guild). Just have to offer 150% then go down to 140%.

Which one? The default adventurer guy?

Good times, to bad they ruined it because people whined like little pussies

Not the Steam release, though.

Well, shit. I guess it's time to loot some faggots.
Thanks, user.

>It was the church on the upper right of wilderness

I bet you also knew how to trim armor and that you'd do it for free, right?

He's pretty retarded. I'm not sure what the cap for his idiocy is but I sold him 230% for a normal item.

My only problem with the game* is that you're pretty much fucked if you want to adventure with anyone but Louie or maybe Thief girl before post-game since if you're running dungeons you don't really have much time to level them up, you need to press on and get the good shit.

Though I never actually played though the post-game. I keep meaning to play this game again but I never get to it.

*other than the fact that you basically automatically win the "selling" portion when you know the magic percentage numbers and aren't selling some hyperexpensive late game item when no one can afford something more than a couple thousand pix at a time. Also if the extra asterisks fuck this up i'll be slightly disappointed

It was worse than that
I told them I was a 1337 Haxxorz, and could give them items that shouldn't be in the game, like a super sekrit Spider-man armour
You'd be surprised how often this worked

I have that problem as well, most of the fun in tha game comes post-game, the story and debt paydays are just a neat challenge, but fairly restrictive the first time around.

I have that problem as well, most of the fun in tha game comes post-game, the story and debt paydays are just a neat challenge, but fairly restrictive the first time around.

Site shat itself momentarily, brace for possible doublepost.

S-so uh.. I made a thing with my crappy green pepper skills

Smells like tumblr

>Bought Undertale as soon as it came out for $10
Hate on the game all you want, that was still some sweet profit

Fuck you user have some consistency with your shitposting

That's the shadiest shit I've seen so far, considering that I'm responsible for paying it. Fuck you, Tear, you don't get to be offended when people call you a loanshark.

I was supposed to go to the dungeon first, wasn't I?

Yes, you should be getting loot from the dungeon, and levelling up your first guy.
You get to keep your merchant level if you fail, so you can try again with better results.

LOCK THE FRONT DOOR
WE FRITZL NAO

I visited dungeons to get base funds and then made massive profits by buying everything and just having a huge storage, ready to turn the whole store into a metal shop, or a book store, or a food joint at the tip of the fingers.

Storage is something that real merchants have to keep track of, they don't have infinite space, every item that sits in there actually costs them money as it takes space, the longer it stays there, the more money lost.

I had tons of time to go in dungeons just for fun in the game, unlocked everyone but Arma at the end of it.

Poorfags I tell ya.

I don't know about other people, but I never bothered going into dungeons much at all. One of the most important things I learned is that it was sometimes necessary to sell for less than I'd like or even for a loss when "those" types came into the store (little girl, I'm looking at you) because chain sales were so important. Also, spending a bit on something currently selling low on a hunch that it might sell high in the near future is also not a bad idea in moderation. For example, if I saw a lot of food that's normally expensive at low, blue prices, I'd buy some and hold on to it until the next time food items were in demand and make a killing. I never missed a deadline just by using some business common sense.

He's talking about wallet size, which is a hidden stat that each customer has. It goes up the more you sell to them, so you have to sell them cheap items before they'll be able to buy the expensive shit.

>pronounces it "rek-et-tear what's his name Holla Forums"
Is that seriously how Recette is pronounced? I would have thought "Resette" sounds much more like a real name, especially if this is supposed to be set in France.

Found your problem. Quit being a kike.

Each customer has a target percentage you should sell/buy to them and customers will only bring up items they can afford. You should NOT be trying to get 130% or more instead go for the lesser target percentages. This will upgrade customer wallets and also help you achieve chain bonuses which get you more exp and thus unlock more stuff. When item prices have spiked/dropped, it will change the target percentages, so plan accordingly.

Many people get tripped up by this because Tear tells them otherwise in the tutorial so people try to get as high of a percentage as possible for each sale. I don't know why the devs wrote that hint, it's fucking retarded. Best way to play is just have a notepad document with each customer's buy/sell targets and estimated wallet size and just go for those. It also helps to have a wide variety of different valued items to cover different customer wallet sizes.

Well, the linguistics of Recette sound italian, and even if italian changes a lot from one region to another, the most noticeable differences on the C sound are between the north and the south of Italy, as everything else ofter derivates from it:

In northern Italy they really like their S's so the C sound is more like an S. However in the south most C's have what is known as the Che sound.

My theory is that they tried to do a southern italian name "Rechette" but since japs cannot into pronounciation for shit they confused the Che for a K, "Rekette"

is this a cute game I could play with my girlfriend or another lolisim?

you will end up dumping your gf and want a qt capitalist loli instead

If your girlfriend is a pillow, you'll be fine. Otherwise stay away from this game.

3DPD women are too emotionally fragile for the demands of capitalism. They'll tell you that you shouldn't sell candy at 270% markup to that starving little girl that vou scammed out of her family heirlooms the day before. Weaklings.
Next they'll tell you not to intentionally crash the food markets to stock up on cheap goods, then wait for a famine.

Man this game would be so much better if you could provoke famines…

If you have a >gf you might consider fucking off to another website.

Paper Please

The former. She would have a great time. It's easy to sit down to, extremely good for undoing the stress of a day. The game's lighthearted and the only challenging bit is making the quota. You can give her lots of tips and advice on how to git gud and become a true entrepreneur. Play it, love it, cum inside her for every week of debt she pays off

The game was fun at first till I found out how the mechanics work.
It makes the game repetitious, and if you fail you just start over at the last checkpoint with money and goods you acquired.