FFXIV:HW

FINAL FANTASY XIV General: Soul surrender NOW
Garuda's back edition
Hope you got your retard mount, only 3702 attained worldwide right now!

ffxiv-freetrial.com/
eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/
eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/special/patchnote_log/

Reminder: They stopped demolishing houses due to the Japanese earthquake in April, now they have grown accustomed to the wall eyes in Morioh town the demolitions will recommence as of patch 3.4!

Dont worry anons, everything will be daijoubu!

Other urls found in this thread:

na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/item/ffe527ffb78/
ashtender.com/ffxiv/tails?stickers=7060
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

so I was thinking with my suspension and looking at the rules etc, Wouldn't players being so bad at the game causing you to have a bad experience be "Disruption. You may not in any way disrupt or interfere with the Game experience of other players" and thus breaking the tos and being able to report them?

I'm pretty salty over it i just need a way to make bads pay for it

worth a try but i dont think any moderator is gonna bother with something like that.

they clearly took the time To relook at my report and add another day on top of it without notifying me for calling someone a fucking retard which they were

Is it safe to pickup and complete xelophotl without triggering the new dialogue from not completing coils yet?

Wonderous tails dead on arrival

Why are we even here?

what poncho? post pics.

na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/playguide/db/item/ffe527ffb78/

Why the shit didn't you test with the dressing room before actually buying it?

for science?

FUCK. I just realised i should have made this Time mage edition.

also speaking of which time mage when?

You can indeed report people for truly horrendous play that holds up your run, only if you ask them to please shape up and play properly and to stop needlessly slowing down the dungeon. If they're oblivious and amicable, a report won't do anything, but if they're assholes about it you can report to your heart's content.

I'm leaning towards Spellsword being a new job after seeing Alisae pull that sword out of her book in the Bowl of Embers. Also Astrologian is not-Time Mage Time Mage.

Fuck that, how about a not-geomancer or a not-puppeteer

How did they manage to make the first part of the new Alexander tier so shitty?

I didn't have any problems with the reconstruction unit, user. Maybe you're just bad at the game.

I didn't say it was hard, it's just boring as fuck in comparison to the second and third one.

Is Noct Sect now an okay choice for 4man healing what with all of the buffs, or is it still safer/preferable to use Diurnal? I've been waiting to be able to be do shield healing without a fairy attached to it.

asian jew?

Noct is pretty ridiculous now. Noct Aspected Benefic is basically your most efficient heal by a mile, and Noct Aspected Helios is only about 50 potency less than a spread Adlo. You can get pretty silly in Diurnal by using Synastry + get all HoTs on a tank + Time Dilation him, basically letting you DPS without worry for a full 30 seconds. Without that, you'd be free to save Time Dilation for cards only, but also note that Noct is worse for DPS because your GCD is longer. So it has benefits and drawbacks, I'd say there isn't a clear-cut yes or no answer.

Where's the lewds of Khloe

You need to preserve that smile, she's using it to cheer up another catloli.

I mean, I thought it was alright but you have a point. Compared to cruiser and prime, it is a little lacking.

Only one last Yokai Watch weapon left
only one….
only one….
only one….

cant believe it took me this long to do xelphatol.

I really do appreciate them making that a dungeon, this sin't just a beast tribe but a full on city for the ixal and its a fascinating and wondrous looking place.
+ Garuda's ass is fine

you are near the finish line, do not give into despair, use the pain and the anger this has caused you and use it as fuel for the last bit!

Does garuda lay eggs?

I eat primals for breakfast

well, we live in a world where hitomi tanaka exists, so yeah, it's possible.

Is there any way to get more then 3 daily quests for mog beast tribes? I want that fucking dance

just when you rank up user. otherwise its 3x per day at max.

ugh that sucks, this is going to take me weeks to dance like a retard. Thanks for the info user

no prob. on the bright side, youll save up a bunch of kupo nuts, so if you need anima weapon stuff, youll be able to get a lot from the moogles easily.

they now have the best return of all the beast tribes; one per 3 days of questing.

Hitomi Tanaka is jewish?

half, from what i understand. not sure which parent though.

it's where she gets the titties

Fuck everything.

Those second tries came and went way too fast, I can see why we have two weeks to finish this.

Two weeks? I thought it was a weekly thing.

Also, doing Ultima unsynched isn't hard at all.

Shit, it is, I think I need a break. It isn't, but getting people for it is a pain and every time I almost had a group someone left for some reason or another. I just really want that chest piece for my tank. And FUCK the slightly altered Aquapolis scenes.

what server user? ill happily tank for you if ya need it.

we chrono trigger now

anyone else get through it yet? made it almost to the end of A13, but couldn't beat the boss before server reset. damn fun fights though.

also:

FORWARD AND BACK AND FORWAND AND BACK AND FORWARD AND BACK AND ONE FOOT FORWARD AGAIN
FORWARD AND BACK AND FORWAND AND BACK AND FORWARD AND BACK AND ONE FOOT FORWARD AGAIN

Leviathan, although my fc is starting to show life though so today I'm going to see if they all want to do primals and stuff for more retries. I'm on the final one myself and I want to wait for more fc people to be on to go but I might say fuck it and just join them when they do theirs. Why is the Alexander music so good?

Recently got back into it all. Moogles are just so cute, I'm at a loss for words.

hey, im on levi too.

how to meet up? without a bunch of crazies knowing who we are?

honestly, everything in HW is top notch as far as the music goes. 1.0 and 2.0 music was good, definitely above average as far as MMO fare goes, but they really knocked it out of the park with HW. i haven't found a track i didn't like yet. there are some where i need to be in a certain mood to truly enjoy them (i.e. ravana) but regardless of that, all the music is objectively good, and something i can listen to for hours on end.

dunno how they do it man.

shit nigga, after the first wipe we downed that mufugga without any deaths, and we were only 5/8 premade. what kind of shitters are you getting user? cause that's some bullshit right there.

aside from that it's all old mechanics reused, including the targeting icons.

When I start getting the fc together for rng bingo I'll post here and hang around somewhere in idleshire.

I still can't find a DF group that can do all the mechanics in one go.

Who's gonna name change to Andrew Jackson?

sweet. make a search comment. something with the 8 of diamonds in it. and post on here so i'll know to look

i'm usually on after 6pm pdt

i've had good runs so far, up to A13 at least (have yet to beat it). we try, we wipe, we learn from our mistakes, and we get a little farther each time. granted, each group has had at least one guy go "offline" that we end up having to kick because he gets tired after 2 wipes, but hey, that happens sometimes i guess. as long as i can see my group making progress then i dont care how much we wipe. first week of patch is fun like that; new experiences and less try-hard BS.

but seriously, what do these people expect the day after patch? perfection? ffs its [current year]

i almost made it on the ps4 launcher a total download without a crash, so close.

>friend buys me legion, we're playing that

How hard is it to get to the prestige classes? I want a Dragoon, and remember getting a Lancer (or whatever the spear class is) to level like… 25 or something, and it took some time. Will I be grinding for weeks to get to the cool class I actually want?

Hardly, your lancer is almost at 30 so you need marauder at 15 and you get dragoon.

You need level 30 in the main class along with 15 in another class to get a job. The time it takes to grind has been reduced thoroughly as of late.

and my own question: no relic quest this patch?

Did my first Xelphatol and everyone but me was undergeared and i was lagging at the end like a bitch but thats such a better dungeon than the last two, and i hear gubal HM is better.

fucking HNNNNNGGG

it would be even sexier if she was the cat instead of the potato

TAKE IT BACK IT NOT DONE YET.

Holy shit, a HW msq sending you to do Titan HM? i kind of love this shit.

Her fat ass blocked my view of the knockback head but this doesn't feel nearly as hard as some people made it out to be.

praise rng

Of course.

Disregard bingo, it's time to get trolled by Aquapolis. And I'll be on my ass near the idleshire scrip folk.

I guess I did the right thing

Finished the main story quest and man that was pretty good in terms of mmo patch stories. Warriors felt wrapped up too fast but i guess if 3.5 is the end of Heavensward we are getting the Void Queen for raiding and the final Extreme will be Omega Weapon?

?

The end has Nero in the Cartenau flats saying "i finally found you!" and thats the spot where Omega Weapon is buried.

>tfw no money

heavensward is 10 bucks on amazon right now

I have it I just dont have money to resub and do the lastest patch

that alex finale

i wanna fuck sophia

It's amazing how when offered an easier way by ignoring the damn thing they kept insisting on doing it in a way that generates more.

it picks up. the job and class quests sometimes do that. i was hella into the drk quest up til 50, then it kinda petered out, then got interesting again at 56+.

rogue was kinda the same thing for me. pretty fun throughout, then early nin was kinda boring (but the class itself was fun enough for me to muscle through) and then around 40 it picked up and got interesting again.

i gotta reset one of my stamps, accidentally into a stamp i dont want to get while i try for that 3-line tank piece.

also had work later than expected tonight so didn't get on until maint was less than an hour away

ive seen people with i240 anima weapons, so i think there's one. i just dunno any info on it since mine is still at the gather-stupid-shit phase.

No new relic until 3.45. I'm stuck with an i240 and getting the worthless parry loaded Shire weapon.

the what now? is that the new EX primal?

Cancer. Sophia EX is a great fight. Just because failing a mechanic doesn't equal a wipe now doesn't mean you should fail as many mechanics as possible. Teamwork is nice.

Yeah. Basically one of the adds in her add phase targets a random person to charge at. It does around 150k damage, shared between everyone standing in the AoE. However, also during the add phase there's a mechanic in place that cause people to become confused and start attacking teammates if they die instead of actually dying. The confusion attacks are rarely enough to kill so some plebs completely ignore the "stack inside the aoe to keep everyone alive" and just let the marked person "die" and become confused for a little bit. But, I can guarantee you all the new video guides that will come out for the primal are gonna say to just let the person "die" so PF is going to be filled with shitters who think it's the only/best way to do it.

jesus fuck square. twist the knife more why don't you

The diffference? all the rage quitters from the first group had characters named after WoW character or lets play channels, in the second it was everyone with some reference to a FF game.

Thats some stark shit i tell you what.

Of course he was fucking french.

How horrifying.

We tried. We tried for forty minutes but you know the French in online games nowadays "We are so burt hurt the lingua franca is now English we will actively shit over anyone in an online game we are on the same 'team' as if they speak english because honhonhon fuck you we are all rednecks that reek of cigarettes and fish and sour wine but we will be the kings of the world one day and the way to that goal is being the BR of europe!"

Fucking frogs disgust me. First monster Hunter, Then FFXIV then everything else.

I run into these fuckers in Destiny now. FUCKING DESTINY and its still "honhonhon i msg u englis pig i hid in cornuer and do nazing while you beat boss k honhonhonhonhon i repot yue fur racism!"

Fuck i am full of the vinegar now.

Fuck me the frogs are getting worse.

i want to go back to when FFXI released ToAU

Fucking nexon

**>Manfeeler is dead
All these good things

just clear sophia ten times also got my mch gun on the 7th clear.
capped on scrips
got all my alex drops going for legs belt and head next resets as well as shire chest.

guess its time for story and side quest

tbh, with how the nations demographics have changed, i'm not surprised.

Any tips for a fag that's gonna start the free trial?

Im a new player, and theres a shit ton of stuff I dont know anyone care to drop some tips? Im playing on PS4 going Black Mage as my main, currently lvl 25 THM.

So I dont really understand the class system, so am I going to eventually have to learn every class as my Black Mage to get the cross class skills or how does that work? Only certain ones I need to worry about? Then does that mean Id only have to level them enough to get the skill I need then never touch it again?

Is there a class guide I can use? I couldnt find anything thats current anyway so Ive just been pumping up my intelligence with the ability points.

I have a keyboard and mouse but I havent tried that control scheme just cause I wanted to jump in and play, is it worth it to switch or is the only good thing about that is easier chat? Cause I could do without that.

Where are the quests that are my level? Ive just running the story quests but the places it takes me to are like 5-10 levels below me. So it seems pointless to be picking up every quest I see.

What professions are good for Black Mage? Is it like wow where you can only have two or can you just do everything? If so what would be more beneficial for me as im starting out to craft equips for me or make resources to sell…… is there even an auction house?

Ive played other MMOs so ive just been doing the best I can.

not every class, just arcanist/thm/archer, and the only to access the levels needed for certain skills. it's nice to play the other classes for a change of pace (and faster Q times, since tank is nearly instant while DPS can wait up to an hour depending on time of day), but not necessary to level them.

however, they can be fun in their own right, so don't discount them out of hand.

that's pretty much what you want to do. check the official forums for more info. if you're lala, all int i fine. last i heard, if you're not lala, you want like 3-5 points in piety for some end game rotation min/maxing. but you can respec your attribute points eventually, so don't worry about anything but int for now.

i use kbm personally, but controller works just fine with practice. use whatever is comfy.

follow the MSQ (main story questline). it's the one that is shaped like a vaguely-meteor-like object over people's heads. iirc level 25 should be placing you in or around the north shroud i think, on your way to coerthas maybe. it's been awhile.

honestly, everything. you can be anything, any class, all on one character, and the crafters all complement one another, so having them all up is only beneficial. also, look for the "market boards" on your maps in cities. in limsa, its on the lower docks. in gridania, its on old gridania. in ul'dah, i believe it's the steps of thal.

Cool thanks for the quick reply. Seems kinda pointless to make a whole new character then seeing as you can be anything and restat yourself.

Yeah Ive just been doing all the MSQL but I just ran into joining one of three companies, is there a certain one thats best for me? What do they even do? I was thinking Twin Adders or Maelstrom

Avoid starting as Gladiator or Lancer, they are bland as bleach early game (GLD doesn't really become bearable till level 40 and lancer is a 2 button class till around 30) Apart from that brace yourself for a slow but comfy trial. Also worth noting that Palace of the Dead is a nice way of getting a feel for your class at later levels as it unlocks skills very quickly.

Just pick whatever GC you like, only real difference is GC exclusive armors and PvP plus you can swap once a month anyway.

Its always fucking bard and black mage that do this. Do they think they some kind of hot shit with high dps for stealing ONE adds from me? I'm not even gonna bother to get my aggro back, fuck that shit. If he steal my aggro, he can deal with the adds

Sounds like you need to git gud. Assuming you're currently a PLD, do fast blade > riot blade > flash > repeat in pulls >2.

Holy fucking shit dude, pick a different job.

All DPS should be AoEing trash. You should be holding hate on everything.

Are you fucking retarded? It doesn't matter if you spam flash, you generate aggro either way. They teach you this in novice hall for fuck sake

Except not all trash mob is weak and can be 1 hit kill with an AoE.

At least listen to advice when you're complaining about being bad

You have emnity generating melee attacks and the ability to cycle through targets you fucking mong, not to mention circle of scorn.

Do you even use your tank stance? Or are you the type of faggot that flashes/overpowers/unleashes x2, drops tank stance and then bitches about losing hate?

Yeah sure

Tell me again what is the CD for it?

Only work on single target

Why the fuck would anyone drop tank stance in any circumstances?

I forget, haven't touched PLD in a while. WAR/DRK.
Again.
cycle through targets. It is not hard.
For DPS in bossfights? You have defensive CDs.

You are bad.

And DPS can't do this because…?

Why can't you? No, really. Why shouldn't you have to do something to do your job well? You are not special, this is shit MANY tanks do.

You are a terrible fucking tank. Switch to a braindead DPS class like BLM. Tanking is obviously too complex for you.

Better than not using it just because of the CD.

Target the different enemies to spread your attacks around.

DPS checks, being competent enough to be ahead enough in aggro to add a little more DPS, off tanking when there aren't adds/at the start, etc etc.

Nice comeback, so instead of DPS watching his aggro meter on ONE adds and switching target, you want tank to check his aggros for all the adds.

Yes? There's an emnity bar on the left of your screen.

Yes. This is what a tank is supposed to do. I main healer and even I know to do this when I switch to tank.

Once you have access to tank stance for your respective class, there have been so many buffs to enmity generation in this game over the past couple of years, there is no reason for losing threat outside of inattentiveness or user error (see: inattentiveness).

Point is Tank can spam it to keep aggro

Why not focusing on 1 adds at a time? Please note DPS cannot generate enough hate using AoE alone to steal aggro from tank. The only way he can steal aggro by active attacking a single target.

Only work if you OT

You are literally Starcade Hellraiser stupid. Maybe TERA is more suitable for you

Holy shit do you faggot even use Novice Hall for DPS? They cover this subject you fucking retard

If you aren't a retard, I'm talking about mob pull

I'm not the one whining about losing hate to fucking BARDS. A SUPPORT class.

Tell me 1 good reason why DPS shouldn't focus the same enemy as the tank?

AoE DPS you dipshit.

Tell me one good reason why you shouldn't have to work to hold hate. What's your ilvl?

AoE doesn't generate enough hate to steal aggro from tank. I never have any problem with BLM spamming AoE attack

Because the DPS is expecting the tank to be swapping between targets and spot-correcting for falling enmity, rather than trying to focus one target down at a time.
Because after everyone gets the majority of their kit, AoE skills, mixing single-target and AoE skills, and spreading DoTs among all the trash mobs is the more optimal way of doing damage.
Because there would be no reason for why they would "steal" enmity in the first place with the amount a tank generates.

Whoa there nigger, you wanted one good reason.
You can't hold hate against BRD doing single target DPS. That's a problem on YOU. You have emnity generation, MP generation. YOU are a problem. People in this thread have been giving you advice and you call it shitty tanking. I don't have a single problem pulling the entire floor before Halicarnassus, or the big pulls in ARF. YOU have a problem, not the DPS.

Maybe you should hit Hall of the Novice back up hmm?

One more thing, for classes that have single target debuffs and attacks, do you expect them to cycle targets and waste their debuff up time because you can't be asses to hold hate?

You're the kind of nigger who tries to get Eos to carry them to 60 ACN so they can get the burger king crown.

Where the hell did you unlock a13? It's A12

WoD were wrapped up way too fast, but there are also a few more patches till the next expac. Final extreme is Demon of the Triad.

Omega Weapon will be 4.0.

It's an utter shit stat that's going to continue to get pushed on tanks, because it's the tank stat. SE said they'd do something about it in 4.0, but I'll wait and see.

Hold aggro better you absolute shitter. Blms, Brds, and Smns eat aggro for breakfast. You need to hold on tight until you get better geared or switch classes.

Holy shit. Switch to dps already.

I expect them to attack the same target as tank, how is that so hard to understand?

Keyword here is spreading which the bard did not do, like I said, it almost impossible to steal aggro unless you actively targeting a single. adds the entire time. I know because I'm leveling up archer and I everytime I focus on a different target than the tank, I steal his aggro.

So if they rev up their debuffs, and the tank switches targets, you expect them to do the same? In the case of you just settled a pull, why the fuck do you not prioritze generating hate and switching targets?

Fuck, you are stupid.

What level you shitter?

Please note that there are several calling you fucking stupid. Shouldn't it be more likely the problem is with you in that case?

late night posting typos are fun

are you marking targets? because if you want dps to focus fire a target, and you're not marking targets, then you're just shitting in the pool by complaining how they won't attack a specific target. if you're going to be the tank, be the tank; take charge, mark out a kill order, and go from there.

Have some self awareness please. Literally everyone is calling you bad.

Highly unlikely since if the party is focusing on 1 target, chances are, you will kill it under 5 second.

Keyword: leveling up archer. As in, pre-30. Meaning, the tank doesn't have tank stance, and is very likely inexperienced in tanking (i.e. not snapping threat with flashes/overpowers/unleashes and then swapping between mobs with enmity combo based on their current enmity level). Yes, thank you for the ideal representation of a dungeon run with competent members using their kits properly.

If they're competent, they would know what Quelling strike do.

Didn't you JUST talk about how you were ripping from tanks? So you yourself are saying you are not competent.

I'm sure SE put that there for shit and giggles

I usually see those go out if the tank is having a hard time.

I did say I was archer and do you know what level you unlock quelling strike?

Cooperation is hard right, why the hell should we help each other in the party, every man for himself unless DPS stealing the aggro, then its tank fault

Before PLD has Shield Oath.

I will redtext this whole thing for you, in the futile attempt to help you understand, before fucking right off for another Zodiac.

A competent tank will not be losing aggro. A competent tank will alternate targets, mark a kill order, do something other than bitch about losing hate. You are not a competent tank. You are so utterly incompetent you make me feel better by comparison, based on the simple fact I DO NOT lose hate to DPS. I get that hate and I HOLD that shit. I can even drop my tank stance and do some DPS. You are terrible. Go run Cutter's Cry until you can learn how to use flash because you obviously didn't pay attention in hall of the novice. You are a TANK. you make the enemies hate you so DPS can kill them. I don't fucking care if you bitch about losing hate to a DPS. That is your fault. You are not competent. You are a cancer. You outright refuse to learn how to use your emnity makers for better effect.

Mark a kill order, or use your emnity builder more, or learn to tab targets to keep hate without as you so idiotically put it 'spamming flash.' You sophmoric, dense, stupid motherfucker.

I can redtext too

A COMPETENT DPS SHOULD WATCH HIS AGGRO METER

for the most part using aoe enmity gen will hold against most dps single target still

based on the archer saying he doesn't want to use only straight shot it's safe to assume he was using dots which means you were just doing a bad job
not all dps have an enmity reducing skill either
in higher level content it might make sense to alternate between targets to optimize dps but for braindead content it's usually easier to just spam aggro, for all parties involved
try getting good or at least reconsider your playstyle and try explaining to yourself why you are playing the way you are

There are two potential causes to lost enmity:
1) The tank AND the dps are shit, with the former not building enmity on targets based on dps actions, and the dps not helping the tank do his job (shadewalker, quelling, swapping, etc).
2) The tank is so shit the they can't hold threat even with the dps helping them, unless the dps stop doing damage.
Technically 3) NIN Smoke Screen, which doesn't happen, because NIN don't put smoke screen, goad, shukuchi, or shadewalker on their bars, ever, for some reason.

He does have a bit of a point in that if you're playing DPS and you find yourself getting close to stealing aggro, you should switch to another target. Is the tank an incompetent moron? Sure, maybe, but keeping things running smoothly is just as much your job as theirs.

That said, you do realize that if you constantly focus on a single target, your healer will end up getting aggro? Because healing you is going to generate hate from every enemy, while you're just generating hate from one.

Try explaining why DPS should focus on a different target than tank even though that is the first thing they taught you in Novice Hall.
Its already establish that AoE cant generate enough enmity, stop using that excuses

If you are playing PLD that is your first and only problem.

to yourself, not to me
the reason for targeting a different target would be increasing dps with dots or aoe, making everything go faster

also
you really are doing it wrong then if it doesnt work

DPS AoE

doesn't that just mean he is being a shit tank?

A million times yes.

also, as pld, it's nice to spread Roh around on the targets, since the less damage they are doing, the less healing the healer has to be doing, which means the more time said healer gets to spend in cleric stance speeding the dungeon along.

having said this, for the most part, unless there is a drastic gear difference between a tank and a dps, the dps shouldn't be taking aggro, with or without using any sort of hate-dropping skills. now, if you're a fresh 30 pld in haukke manor and an i248 blm happens to Q in with you, he's going to rip aggro from you even with the limits placed by level sync. he just simply outclasses you so much that there's nothing you can do.

but, baring a few exceptions, holding aggro, even without tank stance, isn't hard to do. spamming flash in an at-level party works up until the high 30's. it's not really sustainable, but it works.

and again, there are plenty of reasons why a dps won't be attacking the same target a tank will. the novice hall is a nice primer, but part of what makes a player good is knowing when to take the guidelines and tweak or ignore them as the situation demands. ive lost track of how many times ive OT'd an add as my DRG with Keen Flurry/Foresight barely keeping me alive (but keeping the add off the healers). ive also lost track of the times ive had to take my WAR or DRK and put them into a DPS-exclusive role because the DPS, for whatever reason, just cannot get their shit together.

flexibility is the mark of a skilled player.

also, can i just say again how much fucking fun all of the fights in this patch have been so far?

sophia? good times. fun mechanics, can't wait to try out EX.

alex? oh you better believe that shit is amazing. i haven't had this much fun in a primal fight yet.

gubal and xelphatol? challenging 4-mans that require people to think on their toes.

then that titan HM MSQ fight with his dialogue and shit. fuck this patch is good.

was the titan hm dialogue different?
I wasnt paying any attention

yeah, titan was screaming the last words Ga Bu said to his dead parents.

tfw "Mother, Father, I'm here! Don't leave me! Wake up! Wake up!!!! WAKE UUUUUUUUP!!!!!"

nah man, I played both dungeons and neither are anymore difficult than your average dungeon.

dungeons might only be challenging with shit dps, still skip most mechanics with decent dps

Fuck, people are right. You are bad.

r8 my smug catgirl Holla Forums

i r8 8/8 m8

I fucking loved this new hildy. Never ceases to make me lose my shit with how good the writing is.

Up until now I had been slightly disappointed with the lack of duties or instances, or anything other than Hildy and Nashu doting on Gigi. The wait was worth it.

I need to know the context for this, so I know what I'm doing tomorrow.

Do you want to be good or do you want to be shit player?

If you want to be a casual shit tier nigger then just say it. At least then people will know why you refuse to tank.

If you want to be a GOOD player, then start acting like it and learn to hold agro on EVERYTHING even if DPS are retarded and still find room to DPS. Use cooldowns, spam hate, drop hammers. Don't sit on anonymous image boards saying the DPS is retarded. Welcome to life, people fucking suck, but you acting like a shitter just adds to the amount of suck in duty finder and raid finder.

Also whats your excuse when you pull a boss and lose agro from DPS openers? Should the DPS hold their CDs and damage for 15 to let you build agro? Not in 2016 buddy.

shitty tank detected

side note i'm thinking of going back to cat you can do so much more with cat pictures the au ra pictures

SCH is an ACN job you dipshit.

ACN = carbuncle
I'm still right.

Eat shit. :3

Here's your (you)

Here's your (22)

ACN because faggots use it to get both a dps and a healer class to 60 at the same time while not knowing how to play either so they can get their cardboard crown and pretend it means something.
I hope I'm not giving you any ideas user.

Nah, I already have all the classes to 60 because I'm a dick-sucking nolife.

I still don't have 1000 cumulative dungeons though so I can't get it.

What the fuck user?

I only have around 700 dungeons done but that doesn't seem to reflect my classes/jobs.

>tfw took me until 3.3 to get my war tank mount because the achievement for tank mounts wasn't retroactive and i took a break for 1.5 years when i came down with a near-terminal case of marriage

now im working on the drk mount, and pld is edging closer to 60 so i can start working on the lion too.

how the fuck do i get a sweet injun headdress so i can look badass and trigger all the libshits who are whining about cultural appropriation bullshit on the forums

Hildibrand quests. At level 50, you can start them in ul'dah, and they go all throughout heavensward. These come from the latest quests, in which you get to meet the knights of the round again in an unexpected way.

Enough said, I'm already on the Gigi chain and trying for another Sophia Ex clear, it's turning into one of my favorite fights.

The gigi chain's been pretty great, but also pretty heartbreaking. I'm interested to see how it plays out.

Either i'm fucking drunk, or the tethers in Sophia EX doesn't show up sometimes. It's not stopping me from clearing since I have like two weapons already.

Hildibrand quests are easily some of the best things about this game.

honestly the lion is kind of a shit mount, especially if you're a lalafell like me then its barely a lion, more like an angry kitten.

my lala friend has the warbear, and it's the same thing. more of a warcub. as a roe riding my bear my character model is large enough to effectively eat my friend when he rides his.

I thought the war bear was still huge even if you're a lalafell? I swear I saw a lala riding on a normal sized bear.

fucking levelled warrior for nothing.

it's big by lalafell standards. but compared to my fuckhueg amazonian femroe, it's a puny appetizer at best.

it's not like magitek armor, which is a standard size for everyone. my friend's armor is spacious, with plenty of leg room and a custom-built fridge that he had installed. mine is basically a clown car.

speaking of which I just remembered teh sperm mobile is also a fixed size and roegadyns look hilarious in it, they cant even fit in it.

ashtender.com/ffxiv/tails?stickers=7060
end me

user you still have a chance at 2 lines, dont give up!

at first i thought we could choose the stickers we got based on the goals we accomplished. my first two stickers seemed to confirm this, as i finished the top left and top right tasks, and the top left and top right stickers were subsequently filled in.

but my hope was short-lived, as the next two ended up where ever the fuck they felt like. did SE seriously introduce yet another bit of random RNG into this game?

i'll still do it, if only because khloe aliapoh is adorable

The only time you should even consider dropping Tank Stance is when you want to squeeze out extra damage, but save that stuff for when you know the fight.

if in fact sam does happen do you think it will be dex dps or str dps

wait so that is it after you beat down the Warriors of dark 10 or so cutscenes later it just ends till next patch ? cause dam that was pretty short for a main patch

that is some low res smug m8, do you actually play at a 1029x729 resolution or something?

fuuucckkk offff

The only bird I actually want and this shit happens since the Seph one doesn't even play his theme. Hell, I think I'm more mad at the fact that it dropped for such an awful party.

Okay? As opposed to the ARR beast tribes one a day each, and the Vanu and Vath's, one from each every other day?

Gotta level MCH quick to use the scarf with.

installing the trial now,what guilds are on the east coast us?

I dont know what you're talking about user, I got one of those unidentifiable shit once every other day from the moogles and 1 every 5 days from the others.

soon user you'll get the "Khloe's best friend" title. This cat is just adorable.

ok, so they changed the kupo nut rewards. it used to be 6 per day, and now it's 9 per day.

i haven't checked the ARR beast tribes yet, and have no inclination to do so. but if they're better, just do them instead. seems SE eased up on the acquisition of materials all across the board.

they really knocked it out of the park with how cute she is.

Holy shit, Yoshi actually did it. I don't have enough pictures to show how I feel.

Khloe's quest is the best.

;_;

I haven't even gotten a whisper from one yet.

KNIGHTCATS

>You will never pin Khloe down and begin to savagely tickle her
>You will never force her onto your lap and start to tell her stories of your adventurers while patting her head
>She will never start to fall asleep as you fill her with your load of tales about a particular gentleman
>You will never finish off by putting her blanket on her while she snores loudly as you continue on your business in Idyllshire satisfied

There is no justice in this world.

fucking..

3D is a torturous realm fam.

A TO THE L TO THE E X ANDER
GOBBIES GONNA RISE UP OVER UPLANDERS

Didn't they add a new grand company promotion to 1st luietenant this patch?

Yeah, but it's locked behind the squadron crap.

You have to get your squad to level 40

ABSOLUTELY DISGUTING

but i did the relic so i know ill do this shit

Really not that bad. It's 5 days or so in and my squad's at about level 27.

I feel so stupid I used to know this game backwards and forwards

Grab every quest with a + mark, and complete it. Then do thing until your item level goes up.

unless you are savage raiding so far increasing your gear feels redundant. In 230 gear with a 240 relic ive done everything but alex prime and had no troubles in groups when i have the best gear. It feels like they made the stat jumps too high in 3.3 and 3.4 is undertuned to boot.

server/guild options?

Yeah its not great

i didn't want this feel fam

New Wheels Order is on Exodus, which is the "official" FC. But there are plenty of other people on other servers. Just stay away from Odin.

ty

Stop, please.

I'm on Balmung, and we'll take you so long as you can at least put on a semblance of normalfaggotry for folks. - The Empyrean Knights.

no

When you get bored you can erp guys pretending to be catgirls and it's one of the most populated servers.

exodus is full so :^)

wait is this as bad as it sounds?

Nah. Mostly they confine themselves to the Quicksand. About 70% of the server are normal players. But the economy on the server is way different than others, especially non-legacy.

ah ok, high or low inflation?

I mean weird. Some things that should be dirt cheap are expensive as all hell, some things that should be 20m are 2m.

Balmung is always full except right after/right before maint.

well fug,know of any other 8ch servers?

There's a few people on Siren.

Exodus usually has room late night/early morning

It actually opened up

Bump.

one job user

Yeah, that sucks. As a tank, I try my best to use the best abilities for the situation.

Here's my pet peeve as a tank:

Even worse:

I tried.

Seeing all the cool shit from it hurts my heart.

I can assure you the sperm mobile is not cool unless you are a roegadyn.

It's more the pets and weapons. Ever since I watched WoW turn sterile and lifeless, class flavor has been a huge soft spot for me. It's part of why I enjoyed FFXIV so damn much.

I dont know what some stupid looking weapons have to do with class flavor but alright.

I wonder how this will fare in Verminion

Can confirm, it's only funny if you barely fit.

even more funny with male roegadyns.

Why does the mini alexander walk, but the big alexander slides?

Mini alexander is a replica of the giant one in Hinterlands, which is different from the one you fight. Giant one is what happens when Summon Alexander. Trivia: Two pet Alexanders will face off and do some sort of weird staredown when brought close to each other.

I dont know what epiphany mid raid lead to me being cured of the WoW bug but i dont even understand what i enjoyed anymore.

between sophia, khloe and my recent divorce, im thinking it's time to give up on the 3d bullshit. 2d so much better.

30 FUCKING DOLLARS TO "BUY" A LIVESTREAM AND FFX CLOTHING

FFXV wallet control is getting out of hand, what the fuck, Square Enix? I'm going to "pirate" your livestream and I'm going to enjoy doing so.

rate my roe
I know it looks like a mom

the realization that blizzard no longer gives a fuck about even trying to care about the world they built, and instead is just lead by a bunch of nu-male faggots who think "aw man, wouldn't this be cool?!" even if it slaughters the feel of the world in the process?

i mean, yeah, if i was an all-powerful god it would be pretty cool, but where's the fun, the challenge in that?

yoshi p and crew seem to actually care about FF14 and the direction the world is going. while they haven't been perfect as far as storytelling goes, compared to blizzard they're saints. that goes a long way towards helping the life of a game i think.

snu snu/10

i should post mine one day. everyone always compliments me on my hairstyle

Yeah I love FF14 but this shit and the mogshop are getting out of hand. Fucking 15 burger dollars for a fucking haircut? Now "paid" streams? Jesus Christ Square Enix stop.

Cross eyes/10
user please apply yourself, here is a random Roe I saw in town that shows you what you could be making.

also here's a better image
i'm only level 23 i'm new

Eh, hair could be better, but god knows most hairstyles look like shit on femroe.

ladyroe and femezen should never aim for cute, only mature ara

doujins by bobobo never ;_;

PLEASE DOUGHNUT STEEL MY OC

you win
this time

I do commissions in exchange for dank ff14 memes

I made a brown mom

How dank we talking?

I'm pretty sure a majority of our subscription buckaroos are going towards the XV project and not XIV. The mainstory this patch reused a lot of assets, including one full trial.

What's everyone's opinion on ReShade? I heard it can make your game look extremely better, which is great because i'm attracted to good graphics, but it's a 3rd party program and I'd hate to get yelled at for it. Can someone give me an overview on it?

The only mod you need is titties

Rolled a chocolate elf, aiming for blm/drg, do all the races run like autists?

You gave him a supreme autist goatee, what did you expect

I needed to add more edge

30 second chance points used
15 rerolls made
still 0% chance to get 3 lines

im still going to do it every week because khloe. but god damn.

why would i? i mean, my first six stickers were perfect. exactly where i would want them to be. aside from a few points spent to shift stuff around (i.e. getting final coil 4 finished because i dun wanna be bothered to go through that shit).

then of course, 7 hit and it was shit, but i figured i could still nab 2 lines, so i didn't shift. ah well.

0 lines in a row
i tried 17 retries and not a single time did i have 1 in a row, and not a single time did i have a chance at 3 in a row
khloe can suck my cock im never putting effort into this gay thing again

Seen better.

that is the same hairstyle i've had on my femroe since day 1. no need to change it; it's already perfect.

nice outfit choice btw

Elezen have the most dated run and walking animations in the game. Naturally, they look like tards.

I fucking saw you in the ERP threads.

Wait so the Wonderus Tails caps at 9 seals? But you need 4 seals for each line so how is it possible to get 3 lines?

An acute angle with a perpendicular line just before the edge of the angle.

One diagonal, one vertical and one horizontal. Like so
XXOO
OXOO
XXXX
OXOX

Of course getting these combos are nigh impossible.

I-is that really the only way to do it? Jesus christ I didn't know how luck based this was.
Lemme guess, even if you did get 3 lines you'd only get the last reward and not the previous?

No. You get all rewards you qualify for, but there is something like a

>

Factoring in that the only ones that actually matter are the combat pieces, crafting chest and crafting pants it's even worse. Its 0.21% to get anything. Much less something you can actually use.

t-thanks

>I don't even get to keep it

Fucking vegetables on legs ruining everything.

Not even one patch away and its biting us in the ass.

The Warrior of Light is a bit too god damn stupid for my liking. So is everyone associated with the PC.

Like holy shit, half the tragedies in Heavensward could have been prevented by being as little as 10% less retarded.

>be savior of world
>have incarnation of the world's life force entrust you with object of great power, capable of channeling and manipulating aether at will
>arguably the worlds best combatant, never been defeated in a fair fight
>willingly surrender control of the object to a colleague who is very close with a potentially unstable, very impulsive, and possibly emotionally compromised hothead with strong ties to the ala mhigan resistance

>i'm sure nothing will go wrong with this

that particular part was almost as bad as the "hey, let's throw these incredible sources of power and corruption off this bridge instead of surrendering them for safekeeping to the near-divine tier being resting about 50 yards from us." i mean, that particular moment certainly didn't come back to bite us in the ass at all.

to be fair, the story overall is great, but there are few idiot ball moments that just drive me nuts

I'm on the same boat. Overall, the story has been great, but a few moments of "You should know better than that." have frustrated me to no end. And it's not just the PC either, Alphinaud and the rest of the Scions are all inept idiots. The richest and most influential man in Ishgard's garrison is stupid enough to let a man of poverty near their king.

I was hoping the whole Warrior of Darkness thing would turn into learning that Hydaelyn, too, is an elemental god, and all gods are dicks. I was expecting we'd get a "don't dwindle out too much darkness, or your world will be fucked" kind of situation, but the "resolution" for the Warriors of Darkness felt very abrupt and unsatisfying.

At least we get to hug a cat to pretend it's all good, now.

i'm kinda torn on the WoD ending as well. on the one hand, yeah, everything's happy and wrapped up, and i kinda like the "turn your enemies into your allies…or at least people who don't hate you" approach. that was unexpected. but i would have preferred a bit more build-up and backstory. like apparently urianger has been doing this shit for awhile? sure, we saw some stuff with him and elidibus, but nothing to really tie him into the WoD until fairly recent iirc.

this is kinda nit-picking i guess, but i think that yoshi and co. realized that the WoL couldn't have too fierce an enemy in the WoD for too long, or else it kinda defeated the purpose of being the hero in a sense. that's how i see it anyway.

coming to think about it why didn't we just destroy the eyes?

probably some BS about how their power was too much for anyone to handle something something corrupted by nidhogg etc.

honestly, the prudent thing to do would have just been to give em to hraesvelgr. if anyone knows how to handle nidhoggs residual energies, it's probably his older brother.

does anyone else get the feeling ratatoskr was like the kid sister of the dragon bunch?

incidentally, i'd like to see something done with the fact that all original citizens of ishgard and their descendants are now sorta ratatoskr's descendants as well. there's gotta be a way we can bring the ol girl back. but not in a crazy-bahamut-primal way i mean.

And get another Tiamat stuck in some old-ass stasis field?

there's always a way

From what i understand its a rural thing. FR so upset that english replaced french as the lingua franca they are EU version of 't-the souths gonna rise again yall, a-any day now!' and teach their kids to shit over english speakers even if in games its to their own detriment as well and then blame it on muslims who speak french but no english.

From what I can tell it's a mix of pure laziness and muh secret club.
The sandniggers point is mostly used in politic for agenda pushing.

It must be strange to be one of those few french players having to apologise on the XIV forums going 'the FR thing isnt all of us i swear!' so often because FR is now replacing slavs as the BR of europe.

I stopped doing that long ago, when people ask where I'm from (due to accent on voicecom) I just say Belgium and nobody give a shit.
It's just the usual "everyone in America is fat, all the Brits have shit teeth, Italians are macho" and so on.
Except the faggots I share a country with don't even try to change that image.

Joke's on you, user.
I already have titties.

When all the bodies are so uniform nude models make them less sexy.

Tell me when i can do more than make a busty short au ra. Give me a hip slider and thigh thickness slider for humes.

Nude mod is pretty good for casual nudity in my opinion. Since the models are well proportioned and you don't have crazy anime shit, chilling topless in your house or wearing a long shirt and no pants feels way more tasteful than nude mods in other games.

Do people still not know about those npcs?

If you're referring to Lore gear, no idea. New gear, you won't catch me melding materia to gear that'll be replaced shortly. I'm not made of gil.

It doesn't even have to be V materia, but IV is just tossed around by beast tribes and I'd think any boost is good.

Fuck the frogs

The frogs in FFXIV have made me slightly racist against French people after one Alex run where there were at least 3 frenchies understanding that I was trying to explain the god damn mechanics to the new, french tank, but they refused to speak English until the duty had like 20-30 minutes left.

I WAS USING THE IN-GAME TRANSLATOR, GOOGLE TRANSLATE, ALL SORTS OF FUCKING THINGS I WAS TRYING TO DO

AND ANY OF THOSE FUCKING FROGS COULD HAVE EXPLAINED IT TO THE NEW TANK

FUCK YOUR LANGUAGE SUPREMACY BULLSHIT, YOU'RE NOT IN YOUR COUNTRY OR EVEN YOUR LANGUAGE BLOCK, YOU CUNTS, YOU GO IN ENGLISH QUEUE YOU BETTER GOD DAMN SPEAK ENGLISH

REAL TALK: Does ANYONE give a shit about the scholisticat story?

Anyone at all?

Short busty girls are the opposite of tall girls with wide hips and big butts. They are a perfect yuri combo.

I think it's interesting but it's no where near as important as Hildibrand and other sidequests.

feel pretty happy with how my cat trap came out out

gay

Oh hey, I saw you running about. You looked pretty good.

What is it with that gear set and sluts?

user as much as I like your attempt at Felix, please die

I love the way you think

Fuck this feels soooooo good

You mean your farm parties can actually get kills consistently?

with those trips anything is possible

Kek gets around.

thanks user

yeah I tried that at the same time i don't care

What I miss?

praise kek

I don't understand, I just wanted to play video games damn it. The worst part is that I don't want to let them down, they seem to really enjoy the game.

What do?

you're up to bat, better play

train them to be the very best

Quick question: I'm going Dragoon and am leveling up to get there. should I just be stacking Strength or are there any secondary stats I should worry about?

I'm already setting up the FC website to have a poll asking if they want to tackle CoB or EX primals. I only stuck with the original FC leader because he sent a friend request after a SephEX run. It's a weird sort of feel knowing that a single "fuck off" 4 months ago would have let me avoid all of this.

Str > Critical Hit > Skill Speed > Det > anything else

No. Just strength. All DPS classes only need to pay attention to the primary stat that boosts damage. Unless you're talking materia melding then do what the other guy said.

Some men are born great. Other have it thrust upon them. Make something worth remembering or fail knowing you gave it your best.

Focus on primary stat for the level-up allocations. For materia and equipment, has the right idea.

Please use your Jump wisely.

Reposted because I fucked up the spoiler, oops.

ALL OF MY FUCKING RAGE! THAT SHIT GETS TO ME MORE THAN THAT ONE DRG THAT NEVER USES BLOOD!

Any FC in Ultros?

I like it.

New thread.