BATTLEFIELD 2142 & 2 REVIVE Thread #2

Download both client and games here (you'll need to create an account on their page, no affiliation with EA):

battlelog.co/downloads.php#client

It jest werks!
PS: Don't alt-tab out of 2142, froze the game on my pc

Other urls found in this thread:

arstechnica.co.uk/gaming/2015/11/u-s-govt-grants-limited-right-to-revive-games-behind-abandoned-servers/
status.revive.network/
battlefield2142.co/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

why would you play what's objectively the worst battlefield in the series

you could literally play battlefield 1 because the gameplay is way more fleshed out and the bugs are next to non-existent because it's a modern game that actually cares about having fun gameplay as opposed to this fucking stupid future shooter bullshit

fucking stupid overdone shit

and to add to my post, it's fucking hilarious that they managed to make it FTP, watch them add microtrans because they need to drag more people to their obscure, retarded future shooter

You have no idea what the fuck you are talking about.

Anyway, for faggots who have shit taste with not liking 2142, the launcher also has BF2

JESUS CHRIST I KNOW THIS IS BAIT BUT COME ON. AT LEAST TRY.

There are way more people playing today than yesterday. I guess word has really spread.

lol, you're kidding.

these are people who turned it FTP, they'll find a way to put microtrans in it somehow. they always do

Holla Forums server when?

also

how did you even find this site? not a joke, I'm amazed you found this place with your disability.

We had one two days ago, but I missed it.
Forgot to link the last thread:

Does anyone want to form a squad on a pub tonight?

imagine a well designed remake that runs smoothly on even a weak computer just because it's linux. I have good memories of amazement realizing what linux can run.

please

How do you get through the day being this retarded?

Some of the servers have autobalance, will that split squads up if the other team starts leaving?

Are you seriously this retarded? If they did, EA's lawyers would be taking them down in no time.

In fact, it's a surprise they haven't taken it down yet.

EA for years have let these kinds of projects slide to build good will with the communities.

maybe if we made our own FOSS linux remake, there would be less things to worry about. think about how many people would jump to linux if they knew there was such a great game for free?

First we have a guy talking about microtransactions and now another fantasizing about linux, what the fuck?

The linuxtard is from the last thread.

I'd want to start a shitflinging war by saying that CoD kiddies are being buttbothered, but they can't into loonix.

Keep linux discussion on Holla Forums and f2p discussion on Overwatch threads. :^)))

It might be since they are evil, they try to keep it cool with their current biggest franchise to get positive rep and potential buyers for the games they are selling. I'm still not going to support them even at the very least monetarily, anyone with a few braincells can figure out why.

God I hope you're baiting cause I'm taking it. One games not going to do it when program compatiblity in general is so shitty for it. I hate windows tracking, but lets be honest, linux is still very much a meme os. My long term hope is reactos acutally gets finished.

what the fuck am i even reading. Just filter this guy.

I"m not sure how that works. Maybe it prioritizes players who aren't in a squad for auto-balance?

i like how the very fact that they're hosting a game they still sell (2142) contradicts what you said. they're hosting a game EA made for free, mind you.

they're gonna find a way to make money off of it, i assure you

I DON'T HAVE ENOUGH SMUG ANIME GIRLS TO EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE HOW RETARDED THIS FAGGOT IS

I think linux guy is just a kid who just discovered and became enamored with linux and FOSS. His posts are less malicious and more full of dreamy optimism only someone innocent to the harshness of reality could have.

eitherway these dumbasses are going to try to force microtrans on the game somehow, because that's how it always goes when a game goes FTP. hell they might even get struck down with a DMCA, this is EA's work

so i don't know how EA let this happen in the first place

No he's just a big fucking faggot trying to bait and derail the thread. Just filter him.

Reactos isn't useable or useful at this point,I said its more likely that ts going to become useful at some point. Learn to reading comprehension.

I feel like this might have a limited lifespan with the possibility of a dmca. I'm wondering if this will stay around.

I comprehended your post just fine, it's just that you're an idiot if you don't think reactos is vaporware

I hate microtransactions but guys really, imagine how fun it would be. just all of Holla Forums playing on a futurisitic battlefield, actually having fun

all while for free and on linux of course.

HOW ABOUT WE JUST PLAY THE FUCKING GAME AND ENJOY IT FOR FREE INSTEAD OF BICKERING ABOUT HYPOTHETICALS?

I haven't made any of my own screenshots yet

do you even know what 'useful' means?
I am concerned for you if you think that an operating system that's been a WIP prototype since '96 will ever become as good in any market, much less the gaming market, as an os that is based on proven, functioning ideas carried over from one of the first real operating systems ever created.
the "leenix" might not have a big market share, but at least it fucking has one, and if you actually think that it's not suited for game development in comparison to an entirely proprietary OS that has hacked together C++ support and needs serious struggle to find a quality working C compiler, you're an idiot.
how about you try to make a game on both operating systems before you start talking about how one or the other is a "meme os" in the context of gaming, much less in all.

Please keep going, I need to see more of your retardation

impressive.

It's called Planetside 2 with WWEW

user you got to be shitting me.

minecraft (enjoyed playing the beta, so dont fucking hate on me) ran like absolute shit on my computer. minecraft became normalfag AAA cancer and I fucked off really fast.

xbullshitbox uno came out and I took it as a personal insult from microsoft, which now also owns minecraft. I removed windows and installed linux to rebel against their evil just in the nick of shit to avoid the wrath of winfail10.

then I discovered minetest, it was as if someone had made a FOSS free linux remake of minecraft, and made the game that minecraft should have always been. it ran smoothly and I enjoyed it alot. my computer is not new or powerful, but minetest ran so well that it showed me that it was possible that a FOSS game made well enough on linux could run more smoothly than a shitty AAA game made today put to run on some mountain dew drinking neckbeards expensive rig cooled with blue LED lights.

that gave me faith that we could make a free foss linux remake of 2142 that coul run without any of the problems we have seen before and be playable by anons with even the cheapest machines. imagine being bored and going "hey, I feel like playing FOSS linux bootfeel2255, that'll be fun."

imagine if the game was everything good that 2142 and planetside ever was, but all in one FREE FOSS LINUX game that anyone could set up no problem and play for FUN in an instant. Imagine the FUN.

And here I am just waiting for a way to play 2142 Revive with Vista

I'm 7/10 this guy isn't trolling, is mentally defective.

in the high likelyhood you are a downie, I'll put this in simple words. BF2142 Revive is a fan project of an abandonware game, it can't be commercialized.

kek

I'm betting it's a combination of the two.

and yet look at the first metroid fan project that guy worked on for 10 years, yet it almost instantly got hit by DMCA's the second it released, and i'm positive the same will happen to this. and 'fan projects' tend to not even last that long, and then they'll start crying for money when they lose the motivation and start hawking the players with microtrans. it totally can.

and even then, the hell are you insulting me for? i'm just giving my two cents on what i think of this game, the project, and what'll most likely happen

Do you even know how long they've kept battlelog.co up along with a BF2 master server? They didn't "just bring this up" a few days ago. It's been up for how many months now.

Ok seriously, how did you get here?

FOR FUCK SAKE, WHY ARE ALL THESE BRAZILIAN SERVERS SO FUCKING SHIT?. IN EVERY GAME, NO MATTER WHAT GENRE, ALL THESE FUCKING BRAZILIAN SERVER CRASH, LAG AND SHIT THEMSELVES. FUCKING FIX YOUR SHIT.

arstechnica.co.uk/gaming/2015/11/u-s-govt-grants-limited-right-to-revive-games-behind-abandoned-servers/
Read this and sod off. inb4 i need to use that fucking alternate filter shit

Yes and? The next Bethesda game could totally be a masterpiece but as it stands right now they're pretty much all shit so starting to say "but they might turn it around guise!!1!" really has no merit. Same thing with your little mental breakdown.
You're whining over nothing, throw a shitfit once they actually implement microtransactions.

So are we having another server tonight? I had to leave the last one sooner than I would have liked.

Minecraft ran like shit because it was developed by a dev who had poor coding abilities. Minetest ran well not because it's open source or has a linux version, but because it was made by someone who knew what he was doing. Linux and FOSS doesn't make games run well. Good optimization does.

that's what you get when you make games like this FTP, you get retarded brazilians into the mix that nobody really wants, the ones that cry hacks when you kill them over and over or kill them with a shot that they deem 'impossible'

i don't think you quite get it, they can revive the servers but they can't really make their own multiplayer. like they are right now.

have you really not learned of taking caution before ever playing a game that's FTP? FTP games have never, ever really had any substantial longevity for that long before they die. then they start implimenting the shitty cosmetics, then start charging for them

I could try hosting Battlefield 2142, if people are interested. Just send a reply over and I can set it up if people are interested.

Sure.

your point being? EA is known for being finicky with it's playerbase on the whole making them happy and pissing them off. EA could flip switch at any time

2142 doesn't require this, end of discussion.

almost entirely like rockstar did too, they had PI's going to modder's doors and asking 'how they can talk about ceasing modding development with GTA V' out of the blue

Because GTA V or rather GTA Online with its messy and easily exploitable peer to peer multiplayer is Rockstar's current cash cow, and probably will be for years to come. You wouldn't believe how much money people are willing to spend on shark cards.

I understand what you mean, but that doesn't automatically mean that it wouldn't be really fun to have a FOSS linux remake.

Welp, looks like I'm not playing this game.

Download page has a RendDX9.dll link, did you try that user?

Tried that, it's for Battlefield 2 and not 2142.

For some reason my launcher keeps dropping widescreen support, causing the crash when I use a widescreen format.

The bad news though is that my BF2142 server is currently shitting the bed and refuses to find the master server, resulting in 2142 not working tonight. However, the Battlefield 2 server is working fine. Not surprised considering they released the BF2142 tools less than a week ago and mentioned they're still buggy as fuck.

So if people want to play BF2 tonight, find the Back to the Overwatch Thread server on BF2.

I know headshots do more damage but I refuse to believe that every single other player is able to hit such a small target so consistently from such long distances.

That's disappointing. I'm up for some BF2 though, i guess.

git gud

Are you moving constantly? Make sure your aim reticule is small before firing. Moving around really makes your bullets spread far.

Server is empty.
Get in here faggots

I'm installing. Maybe I'll play when it's done, or maybe I'll have lunch and play Crush Your Enemies instead.

The user claiming these people will make money off of the game, any country that isn't China has laws and people that will sue you out the ass.

Also, is this any fun? The closest I've gone to playing Battlefield is playing a BF themed server on samp.

2142 is the best game in the whole series hands down. BF2 is also pretty good.

FUCK, I didn't even know it was up

Are there tanks or some kind of fuck off vehicle? I also really enjoyed air battles in the samp server since it was all skill to use the controls and accurately hit people in a hydra. I honestly have no idea what most Battlefield games are like so I apologize for my faggotry.

Wait, is it even? I don't see it.

Yes and yes.
How new are you? Battlefield is known for it's blend of vehicle and infantry combat

Try Titan mode in 2142, it's the ship assault from Battlefront but infinitely better and includes ground combat before assaulting the enemy ship.

Battlefield 2, there were some earlier but nobody right now.

Darn.

I just try to avoid shit that's really popular. I've avoided things like Final Fantasy, CoD and Battlefield due to that. Although I did play FF7 and cod 1 recently. I might give Battlefield a go tomorrow. It could be a lot of fun.

And I've been playing nothing but Morrowind for 2 weeks so I feel burnt out from that

Has anyone got mods to work online yet?

I've actually figured out why BF2142 wasn't showing up, that's because it only displays when you filter it in the advanced tab. You should be able to find it using this trick.

I'm so happy I actually get to play this game again. On that note: remove EU, PAC for life comrads!

Just take pop shots at your enemies,

try not unload a whole clip on one guy ok :3

Is anyone actually playing modded games? Last time I checked no one played the Star Wars mod for 2142

if only they could make a FOSS linux remake so that we could enjoy a better made game that everyone can play, hopefully with support for weak toasters.

that's an EA game for you. the world is always completely against you in an EA game. the question is "HOW THE FUCK DO YOU BE THE OTHER PERSON?"

AND YOU! you are that son of a bitch who is "the other person"

you bastard! it's always you! try hard, kd ratio whore. shit. why cant we have fun?

good advice to be honest.

2142 is the best battlefield game ever. has a great scifi feel and the vehicles and titans are very fun. the weapons and gadgets are cool too.

Oh MIEN GOT!!!!!!!!

I think they're working on linux stuff for it.

This.
The least they could do was make it so aiming down the sights at least makes the rifle somewhat accurate.
But it's hilarious how LMGs get more accurate when you fire long bursts. It's one way to get people to use suppressing fire I guess.

I hope it can run on my toaster that doesn't support any new shit. I hope it can run with no lag. scared out of my mind that it wont run.

I love the LMG's just because of how cool they look and those reload animations.

I'm legitimately really hoping for a FOSS linux remake that is well coded like minetest so it can run smoothly on my toaster

also how can anyone know it isn't full of malicious code? anyone got audits on this?

Good, there were only a couple going when the last thread started.

These games have worse hit detection than any f2p shooter. I'm doing 3-4 shot bursts every second or so at around 10 meters and I get nothing. Its fucking infuriating.

bump

it's spread. it has poor feedback.

Is it possible to play without revive launcher that shit only works half the time?

Stop moving while firing unless you're at point blank range and try crouching.

Don't think so, it's part of what bypasses EA login it seems.

Lost the match because team couldn't stop pushing in like brainless retards even though they had a 30ticket lead.

Lost a second match on suez canal because team wouldn't spawn at the second spawn point and kept trying to kill the 3+walkers and tank unit at first base.

I thought dead games were supposed to fly under retards?

Word has really gotten around on this game. It's probably getting shilled on reddit and shitty blogs everywhere. It's really attracting a lot of casuals, I got top score two games in a row yesterday and I suck.

So when the fucking server gonna be up?
I'm sick of getting my ass steamrolled by four vehicles while my team is nowhere to be found and if I stay back I get sniped. And weapons do diddly dick. And reload animations are painfully slow. Like I can tell they were ok at one point and one of the executives as EA said "Nah, let's make them 150% slower".
Fuck this, useless to play alone, especially since I'd only played it once or twice back when it released.

Holla Forums is even worse at playing team based video games.

Login servers down?

Also what's with the jets camera missile, seems to be more laggy than I remember.

Shit is fucked.
status.revive.network/

For a moment I thought EA served their hosts a C&D after authentication and websites went down.

so uh we have serb or huwat?

Authentication and login services seem to be restored, 2142 related services still have some lag but it's working again.

Lmao this place, its full of contrarian casuals

Is it just me or does the EU only have nigger soldiers?

No

Not all of us want to play YOU CANT USE THAT WEAPON DROP THE KIT autism fest all the time.

Man I don't remember the aiming and movement feeling like this. Is it supposed to feel like shit and I'm misremembering or is there something wrong with my game?

Leave

It's always been shit, especially weapon accuracy.
If you want a fun time, try Titan mode on a 64x64 server and get inside the enemy titan. It's a straight up war of attrition every fucking time

That's just called being good at the game you tremendous faggot.

I don't even know what project reality is but if fags like you play it it's probably not worth my time.

Project Reality can be fun when you're in the mood for a lite-sim filled with tryhards but there is literally nothing wrong with enjoying early vanilla battlefield gaems.

These were made in a time when DICE wasn't completely full of retards and EA was more focused with jewing other companies over the average customer.

They're just releasing server tools for Linux.

We're busy actually having fun, faggot.

So the site has been down all day? Fuck.

Seems to be working fine.
I'm playing right now.

Holla Forums server when.

Also, what's up with the network lag, i can't hit stuff for shit today.

what is your favourite class m8s

What's up with the fucking netcode in this, half of my pilum h-avr shots are hitting the target and doing no damage. Flying is out, when unloading 10 shots into another air vehicle it takes 2-3 seconds for them to all hit nevermind how bad the rockets track, i don't remember it every being that shit whereas it feels like I get 0.5seconds to respond with countermeasures or die. I'm also sick of watching pilots warp through the air as the jets try to balance themselves out. My ping is 30-40 if that fucking matters.

2142 Engineer. Motion Mines are great and always piss people off.

Support is fine also. Ghanz is such a great gun to deal suppression fire with.

Fuck medic and fuck Sniper especially. Until I get the Carbine it's not worth

I agree with everything you said except for your remarks with the Assault. His rifle rockets (future underslung nade lawn chair) were god tier back in the day, especially anyone who camps the balconies inside the Titan. And using the defibrillator to kill people was pretty fun

Grinding to get the Carbine for the Recon oh wait I never got that far before the game died so he can actually be a frontline class like SpecOps in BF2 was pure misery.

Also, knifing servers when. Knifing people and collecting tags was such a rush, I look forward to building a new collection of dog tags.

Hopefully never, theres are few servers as it is
One thats locked to that fucking trash will only leave people asspained.

Don't get me wrong I respect the classes but their both so fucking wrong for my play style there's no point. The only time I'll play either class is for when I play point-man Sniper with RDX and claymores to leave behind me while I charge in with the carbine. It's actually really fun if you can get inside the enemies head and are a quick thinker.

Otherwise I just prefer to be the tactical mechanic who lays down mines and repair's vehicles while in battle. Then I play as heavy support that mainly sets up turrets and lays suppression fire.

I remember getting banned from so many knife servers because I would kill mods who got buttmad they couldn't kill me back. Also they usually accused me of hacking. The asspain they creates is great, if we got one I'de be kinda impressed

Would be legit

That's right up there with being such a well hidden headshot getting after-3-shots-relocating Recon that people change teams to teamkill me.

Hey squad, I think there's a sniper over th

Stand cle

Squad, lay down covering fi

Engineer here, what the hell is goi

Sergeant, I'm calling in air sup

beep be

Our shields have been des-

Getting head-shots as Recon is so fucking good. I was playing with a homie last night and as we were moving to an objective some dumbass starts burst firing at us from a distance so I just turn to him and dome that nigga like it was nothing.

I'll get either BF2 or 2142 running tonight since it's Friday.

After playing Red Orchestra 2 for 80 hours I can't take those all automatic fuckfests seriously. Those guns have sooo much fucking spread and the players run soooo fucking fast, it's comical.

Thanks.

I gotta tell you guyses, even though I made the thread and got trips and all that: I'm not having fun with this. Maybe I'm not as patient as I used to be when I played 1942 back in the days, but I can't stand these peashooter guns, slow animations, slow movement, constant baserape and all 5 feet of draw distance.

Does this ever get better? I see all you faggots always praising it as the second to last Battlefield game that was great, but I could barely get into 2. What am I missing? Or has this whole thing been a giant elaborate shilling ruse to get people to play this game for free?

Server is up Back to the Overwatch Thread as usual, find it under Advanced Filtering in BF2142 multiplayer since it doesn't show in Quick Filtering.

Hell YES.
I hope we get some more anons this time. I'll get in in about 20 minutes.

woah what a blast from the past

You sure about that? Can't find it.

I am the only one who hates Titan gamemode? whack a mole capture points and not enough anti air weapons

You have to disable all the filthers.
I was just there for about 20 minutes fighting braindead bots.

fuck

please tell me voice is working
yall niggas need microphones

If you hate it you're probably playing it wrong and your team isn't playing the objective.

My rank progress is stuck, at the end of the round it says that i am a private but on the BFHQ it shows me that i am corporal gold and my progress towards the next rank is stuck, anybody whit that problem?

Is it a ranked server?

We need more people playing! There was only me and 2 other dudes. I've got to go now but I'll be back in an hour probably.

ditto
you were wallytheg, right?

hey OP how about you make the server ranked so we can level up
and voice chat
and no bots or at least make them expert so they don't walk in a straight line towards a machinegun

Yep, that was me

This, too.

Impossible right now, only ranked servers are community.

Voice is on, nobody is using it though.

Nobody really plays enough to warrant a map, even a 16 player to be empty with two or three people.

Not sure if it's being hardcoded for less, but I've upped the difficulty. I've noticed especially the PAC bots being fucking retarded.

I've tried a couple of times, but nobody (namely wally) responded in any way.

yes, battlelog US.

may your gains be doubled

so Holla Forums server when

There was one three hours ago or so, I took it down since nobody was in it for hours.

I'll be able to play in about 2 hours.
I still don't like the game, but it's better than playing Titan Quest all alone at night.

bump!

foss linux when?

Found a boxed set today, Guess I'll join you guys

you fucks better not go the ways of WWEW

On second thought, would the servers even be compatible between physical copies and "revive" editions?

Yea, I think the launcher from the site just updates a few files to point to the new servers.

This died faster than Korgoth of Barbaria…

Who's third image?
Sage for off topic.

Haven't be able to play lately, been busy with family shit.

At least Revive is slowly gaining good server populations, over a 1000 playing across both games right now.
Will probably peak at what the old pirate servers used to get, something like 2500.

Listening to all these autists crying about people playing a game for the first time that they've had years of experience playing and expecting people to not be shit is absolutely toxic.

Why would you think it would be a good idea to run in the middle of the open to revive a dude, anyway? The most likely thing that would happen is that you'd both get immediately turned into swiss cheese. There's being new to a game, then there's being retarded in general.

Because playing as the squad medic involves healing and reviving people? If a medic isn't healing or reviving, they're just an even worse version of an assault class.

Yes, but that doesn't mean being absolutely stupid about it. You heal and revive in places where you and your patient aren't going to be shot to death and thus rendering your efforts pointless and making your squad lose its medic for some time.

Squadmate gets killed, squad goes on with their lives and squadmate eventually spawns on you
Squadmate gets killed, you run in to revive him only to get killed yourself before you could do anything
Squadmate gets killed, you run in and revive him only to get both of you killed again by the same LMG fire

Years of experience, eh? I learned to stay clear of open spaces after less than 10 hours of Bad Company 2.

I mean for god sake man, have you not watched the tutorial?
vid related

Played 2142 for the last couple days, it's pretty gud, wish I had played it years ago. Did EA agree to give the game away, or is this exploiting some legal grey area?

Just read their recent blog post that implies this could all go away if EA looks at them funny. Let's hope that genie stays in the bottle.

For some reason, Battlefield 2 starts with a black screen and the cursor and stays like that (meaning I cant play it,) while Battlefield 2142 runs perfectly. Wat do? I'm using Wangblows 8 if it helps.

Any chance of a server running tonight?
So all 2 of us can play in unison?

No, you know what, I've changed my mind.
Fuck the server and fuck Battlefield 2142.
My most accurate weapon is a knife, the rocket launcher always fires a swarm of rockets that fly upwards the further they travel, the draw distance is the length of my dick, you can't do squat to a vehicle if you're on foot unless the entire team goes engi, the support LMG is as accurate as black history month, the class unlocks are sporadic from server to server so I can't have a fucking defib on every server or anything else for that matter like grenades, bullets only seem to hit things if you hold a 1 hour meeting with both the magazine and the investors while prone and with singlefire selected, etc etc…

Gif related happened an hour ago with a guy looking down to revive his teammate and me shooting half of the LMG magazine missing every shot from 5 feet away. And the LMG overheats. The weapon that gains accuracy from continuous fire overheats. EVEN BORDERLANDS 2 DIDN'T PULL THIS STUPID BUGGERY!
And just now I saw a guy pull up at our base in a jeep, so I try to shoot it and the rockets fly above it. Guy gets out and takes our walker. I finally reload and shoot the walker (I know I won't kill it, but at least I'll make it easier for someone else on my team to kill it) only to have the rocket swarm fly DOWN and in between its legs and hit the jeep from before.

Fuck this, I'm out of 2142. B2 might be more up my alley, but I'll probably just get tired of how clunky it is and go back to Bad Company 2.

You do know that you can guide the rocket by holding rmb?

no, I don't
Doesn't that unscope me and force the reload animation to boot up?

WHAT IS SHORT BURSTS YOU DOUBLE RETARD
All guns get hot when firing them, there is a reason the military tells you to fire in 3-5 round bursts and never hold the damn trigger down like a firehose.

You have to unlock everything in bf2142. Some servers have stuff pre-unlocked.

What is crouching and using short bursts?

SHORT BURSTS ARE RESERVED FOR ASSAULT RIFLES BECAUSE LMGS DO NOT GET SIGNIFICANTLY MORE ACCURATE FROM SHORT BURSTS
No shit, but this is video game and only ONE type of guns gets hot in this game

I know. It's stupid, but that's not what I'm talking about. I'll word it differently:
Some servers do not recognize and ignore my unlocked gear and even though I have already unlocked items like the defibrillator and grenades, I will only be able to use the items the server allows me to use. Which may be all, none or the ones I've unlocked.

My go to tactic when engaging in firefights with either the engi SMG or the assault rifle. And even then I only use full-retard on assault rifles when I'm in close quarters, I switch to single-fire by default when I spawn.

Just hold the scope until it hits.

bump for FOSS LINUX REMAKE

YOUR NEXT POST WILL BE "I WAS ONLY PRETENDING TO BE RETARDED"

whatever

Fine, I am retarded, I guess I missed it when I was trying out the weapons.

If I recall correctly, you scope in and hold the FIRE button and the rocket tracks where your crosshair is currently pointed.

People forget that the Support class actually had to sit the fuck still to reliably fire his weapon back in the BF2/142 days and Assaults or Support users with shotguns were the ones who would come close to running and gunning.

Ok, so the LMG really does work with bursts.
Rocket launcher guidance system only works for a second, after that the weapon is being reloaded. I held the RMB.
And then a guy walked up to me and defib killed me from 3 meters away where as I need to do it point blank.
It's not the fact that I get killed that makes me rage quit, it's the inconsistencies. Like seeing hitmarker after hitmarker after hitmarker and the enemy is not dropping, but I get killed in one shot regardless of the weapon they're using.

You have to hold the fire button. Letting go of the fire button or exiting the scope causes the rocket to dumbfire and you reload your lawn chair.

Also, hit detection might be based on your computer's performance.I remember playing back in 2008, I couldn't hit a fucking thing when I was on my laptop, but when I got a new computer years later I could hipfire nearly a quarter of a block and get kills with minimal effort.

check your ping
Battlefield games are always the enviornment and enemy against you. The challenge of the game is to get on the other side of the equation.

Downloading now.

anyone playing 2142 on a specific server?

Ping is fine (30), I'm playing on the EU servers.
I gotta say I'm surprised you guys are trying to keep me in the game despite the game doing everything to keep me out.
Like right now, I wanted to give another college try and was defending a rocket base. Guy drops in a pod to my location, I fire a preemptive EMP at the landing site to disorient him, but I don't even get a hitmarker, but I still fire the main cannons at him, but still no hit markers. He's no more than 10 meters away and I'm aiming right at him/his feet, but I'm not hitting anything. He hides behind some pillars, so I get out to get him with the SMG, land a couple of hits and get killed (of course). I respawn on the same base with an LMG, he runs right past me as I spawn, so I open fire IN BURSTS, land one hit and get killed immediately again.
I wish I could record this, but this laptop is shit as it is. It shouldn't be a problem for it to run an online game from 10 years ago though.

Look at the distance those turrets are apart from eachother. It's made for firing on aircraft or vehicles. Your rounds were probably going over each of his shoulders.

I was firing at his legs, I know how explosives work and this is supposed to be an AA gun 2000.

Wat do?

So apparently there's a torrent as an alternative download if you're getting this issue.

game just crashes to desktop, is this a thing or is it because of files i acquired from the dethklok servers?

Update your .net framework?

So every time I try to launch my game through the launcher the game crashes. The launcher recognized the games files so it's not that. I downloaded the game initially from battlefield2142.co/ because I've been playing the game since release and didn't want to miss out. Are the files wrong for it or something? I'de be more specific but I'm kind of drunk tonight and wanted to play it for the hell of it.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

How big are the servers for 2142 in SEA/OCE?

You should have probably download form the OP it looks like the dethklok download doesn't work properly

fuck alright. I'll do it tomorrow when I sober up.

Die
Crashes the second i spawn
Kicks me from squad, cant join another one until next match.
Get nuked from orbit
Hit doesnt register, target turns around and kills me with one knife strike

Gee i wonder why i stopped playing this

dont atack alone, stick to your squad or any team member when doing anything.

uninstall it and reinstall using the revive launcher, if the problem persist, you can post about it on the revive project forum, devs are helpfull there.

It does terrible damage to infantry and I'm pretty sure the AA doesn't even have splash.
So your shots were landing next to his feet and the SMG is pure dogshit.
If you're playing engineer just stay in vehicles.
Also aim for the head, if you shoot a guy in the head he dies like in 2-3 rounds at like any range.

Stock MG's have a firerate of 900 but they do only 18-15 dmg depending on the range.
Mid-close range the firerate will ensure that they win IF and only if they don't have to move.
Moving causes your reticle to expand so much on the mg's and applies a little to the other weapons that you might as well not shoot at all.

Th engineers SMG have a firerate of around, the EU one is not know and the PAC one has 900 but I'm assuming the EU one is almost similar.
But their damage fall of is 28/26 - 10. So if you're firing at the max range you're at a serious disadvantage against anyone not firing a pistol. Just don't get into fights with the engineer unless its form 10-5m.

PAC assault weapon has 27-20 with a firerate of 900 and the EU one has 29-20 with a firerate of 600. Twice dmg at max range compared to the smg and they're propably much more accurate.
So to sum it up the food chain goes as following if stationary: Support > Assault > Recon / Engineer

Ofcourse if you're a really good shot you can easily be on top of most situations with assault and recon since they have accurate weapons but above is pretty true in most cases.

2142 has shit balance, shit hit detection (the worst I've ever seen, and I've played every f2p shooter), shit servers, shit looking and performing weapons, and a worse draw distance than the original silent hill. But it has walking boxes who out of 3 weapons have just 1 that can hurt other walking boxes. Also strafe tanks are a cool thing. BF2 is better in literally every single aspect.

Hi user. You here to give us your shit opinions again?

BUMP
Don't die on me, thread!

Nothing new here

Anyone? I just wanna start playing bf2 already.

EA GAMES

it's still fun though… I hate to admit I want to play it alot.

FOSS LINUX REMAKE WHEN?
THIS IS NOT A MEME
NO SARCASM

Somebody just kill that Daniel Berlin cocksucker already!

I promise you that the swedish police won't be able to solve his murder,what with all the crime skyrocketing in Sweden right now.

Remember kiddies always wear gloves and face coverings

Literally every university with a decent politics course will teach you about Marxism.

Why would you play Battlefield 2 when you could be playing Forgotten Hope 2 and Project Reality?
That's what I'm doing anyway.

bump

How are european servers? are there any people in?

yes

On the fucking site you can see like 2 top servers minimum being EU.

still waiting for foss linux remake

Just fuck my shit up

Anyone want to squad up?

Exactly, I haven't downloaded origin in years and don't intend on it

Ok what the fuck AC Syndicate?
assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Ned_Wynert

That does not look/sound like a grandpa telling his granddaughter how much he loves her.
This sounds more like Assault got a drop on Recon and is now slowly selecting his underbarrel shotgun.

He's not related to her.

There's tonnes of picks of girls being creeped out around him.

Even an old meme replacing the girls with anime.

because i am too sperg to use a mic, also, is forgotten hope 2 alive?

Feels good, you wouldnt miss too much on 2142 though since that shit makes you login to EA servers or fuckoff.
Easier to install the files though, no doubt

Barely and no one communicates
You either join a community or its kinda boring

Anyone else having connection problems and ping spikes every 30 seconds?

Is it the servers or my ISP?

I don't know if Forgotten Hope 2 runs standalone now, but Project Reality always caused me to crash everytime I attempted to load a game.

What a creepy old shit.

any workaround? already tried setting it to run as admin. also, the lag is unbelievable even on the US West servers close to my location - everything's fine, then it'll hang for a second and you'll be pointing in a different direction, and don't even think about landing on an enemy titan and trying to fight on there. and finally,

I've been kicked like four times for doing this but it never stops being awesome

ah, so it's BFBC2 all over again with retarded server rules?

Reminder that 2142 is smaller than a modern vidya day one patch.

How can they fuck up this much?

When games didn't take more than 5GB on hard drives that stored 100. Now games are 40-70GB plus DLC and there's something wrong with you if you don't have at least more than one 2TB HDDs to hold on to all that shit

My entire collection barely scrapes the 2TB mark.

Anyone else thinks that helicopters are useless due to the fact that you're inevitably going to get killed by a Jet 20 seconds after getting into one?

Does anybody know where to get the BF 2142 expansion pack? I downloaded the game from isozone since it's segmented and easier on the download cap.

If your team has won air superiority then helicopters are devastating on ground units since enemy jets are getting raped by your team mates.

The revive launcher should download missing files I think.

wine?
i also share your sentiments towards gnu/linux

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA