Doom Thread

There was no Doom thread on the catalog. Discuss vanilla, wads, mods, etc.

To the autist who claims NuDoom is faster than DOS Doom and the speed in Doom is modded in modern sourceports, there is a run button in DOS version of Doom and sourceports just add a run toggle.

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/lz9e2jqow05mxuq/Dungeon Cleaner Other Version.wad?dl=0
mega.nz/#!8gxATDiY!Yr_PUwk1xCy1KYaehl6tRGfx0AFvzoE_T1--9o9RKxs
gravisultrasound.com/installdisks.htm
dropbox.com/s/xgczmeompyfavip/NamMission 1.1.wad
mega.nz/#!ekQnXQqK!R5PY6vsyhdtMw_V1SJqKCvw7eo_9PtVqSFA0aRYFn5Q
mega.nz/#!i4QWCDjK!CoTXDwDkciFXjI0zMrn_vFfbj1ek-dBTNCxCLOuX3mM
dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60585504/DOOM.rar
doomwiki.org/wiki/Tips_for_creating_good_WADs#John_Romero.27s_design_rules
mega.nz/#!HtwmAZaT!zeNFTdqjbw42G9GY3uKgEV-l71I4-iaIJ1mV9PazC64
youtube.com/watch?v=d3G8y-PChII
drive.google.com/file/d/0ByBSFoxqDaGjUnNWc0tMMGlkQ3c/view?pageId=100057931799835735177
forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=52102
youtube.com/watch?v=y7x2Vn2qhCA
wiki.zandronum.com/Versions#Development
vimeo.com/theromero/review/156288044/2ad02ce556
store.steampowered.com/app/321270/
dropbox.com/s/0jyxfwmbdvuzeb1/DUMP-3-weapons-test0.pk3?dl=1
mega.nz/#!YYZ2gJDI!V1mkqRMiamdzslS_S4G-we6A9QcQEnx0mJz6F1GQ9Ws
filedropper.com/aliens
puu.sh/rxuVu/146192c0b4.zip
dropbox.com/s/tqmk1ojkkvxai8t/8vdoommap.zip?dl=0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

H8chan Zandro server fukken when? We could play some co-op and stuff…

NuDoom is faster than DOS Doom and the speed in Doom is modded in modern sourceports

Sunlust is fucking gay, why is this shit so highly regarded?

I'd be down for a Zandronum server. Would strictly vanilla wads or wads and mods be more preferable?

no u

Okay? nuDoomguy couldn't even get the first secret and many others for the first couple months because he was too slow to catchup and the secrets had to be changed a second time to accommodate him.

Muh skills.
It's just average slaughtershit for the combat and retarded pixel hunting for secrets. You beat them by trial and erroring the correct approach. This is what the turbo-autists of Doom community enjoy.

I quit playing it at one of the secret levels when I realized that it's easier to find multiple ways to fall out of the map than to open the actual secret.

do it

no. how is this even bait

is there a 16-direction doomguy somewhere?

Okay guys, I've been trying to run Chex Quest 3 in GZDoom and while it runs well, I can't seem to get it started with a HUD of any kind. Got any fixes?

Speaking of, any one got any HDoom download links?

If you're reading this and haven't played Going Down

DO IT FAGGOT

But that WAD is fucking NUTS

Nah, it's amazing.
Remember, it's gimmick is that all levels are each a floor. For the most part, are small.

lol

I made this doom mod with some help, based off of my favorite flash game.
dropbox.com/s/lz9e2jqow05mxuq/Dungeon Cleaner Other Version.wad?dl=0

At least give a short description

so, what is it?

he's probably making a joke.
nuts.wad

It's based off the flash game "Dungeon Cleaner" and it's got cartoony, retro graphics. I still have to do the player sprites yet, although i'm a lazy fuck.

Out of curiosity, why?

I've never heard of this, honestly.

I have a linux doomsday server but i can't remember wtf doomsday is compatible with. I could possibly upgrade to something that works better.

There is no wall-run in FakeDoom like there is in original. So, the correct answer is you're wrong.

pvp in original doom is pretty fucking cut-throat, and you'll be fed your own ass repeatedly if you can't 360, plasma-grab, wall-run, BFG-mute, etc. i should know i'm one of the original #efnet Doomgods and i learned from the best (RIP NoSkill)

I still think v8 should include the recommendation for DOSBox with GUS patches for the optimal OLDSCHOOL Doom/Doom2 experience. DOSBox even has IPX tunneling.

The levels are just really good in my (and apparently a lot of other peoples) opinion. They're quite small and fast on average, well paced and filled with carnage. There's some pretty clever map design and tricks going on as well.

Are there any wads that takes full advantage of GZDoom like vid related?

I'm pretty sure Chocolate Doom is suppose to be an alternative for DOSBox as the sourceport has the most accurate emulation for DOS Doom, so that people can play DOS Doom without having to set up DOSBox. More options for playing Doom is good, though.

It's actually pretty fun, and the quirky "humor" never gets anywhere near reddit tier.

NuDoom is faster than Doom, you die faster too.
I think Holla Forums just cant get gud enough for it.

And when the player has a sufficient amount of health they don't drop health icons anymore?

Someone posted this in another thread. Just cross posting it for the OP of that thread (>>10831318):

TrumpDoom

mega.nz/#!8gxATDiY!Yr_PUwk1xCy1KYaehl6tRGfx0AFvzoE_T1--9o9RKxs

See screenshots.

What UAC plus Hell magic is this?

Works for me.

Are you running the latest build, or the latest stable build?

Doing those kill moves will always result in enemies dropping health. Even when you're at full health, enemies will drop health.

Even if they only did it up to a certain point, it's still not justified.

Agreed. Pretty much removes the challenge of the game at that point.

Enemies drop emergency health when you're at low health even if you didn't kill them with a Glory Kill
'Risk' my ass, the only reason why every fucking casual and their casual pets manage to play aggressively is because the health drops are incredibly forgiving, except it is hidden by the fact that it only happens at low health.

Running 2.1.1 and neither classic HUD or the alternative seem to work. But I see a new version was just released so I'll go and download that and see if the problem persists.

scythe 2 a shit

If it does, if you rename your ini file, does that help?

They also do it with ammo if you're running low with the gun you're using.

Between the health/ammo pinatas, weapon/suit/stat upgrades, and how god damn mobile the enemies are, they've pretty much ensured that 1) I am a fucking invincible superman at all times, and 2) almost every fight will play out the same way, just with a different coat of paint. The level design, which used to be absolutely KEY in doom, is now totally irrelevant.

I'll give it credit though, the game ACTUALLY helps put me to sleep. As in it is something that help me unwind before going to bed, which I don't think I've played a game that has done that before.

Nope, still doesn't work.

lol, just as expect from you casuals, i bet you use x-ray vision and slow motion in every game too

Thanks for clearing it all up.
Yeah there is no point at all playing Doom 4 it's shit and they fucked it up big time.

I bet it will never ever have map packs with the like of Combat Shock, Alien Vendetta, Epic 2, Hellbound etc.

Fucking inferior shit which doesn't even let you have 100 monsters on a screen.

ZDaemon on the other hand can actually handle slaughter maps and other xbox huge maps.

What's the md5 hash on your version of Chex3?

Mine reads: MD5: bce163d06521f9d15f9686786e64df13

The game isn't faster if you don't use them, as shooting an imp 6 times to kill it takes more time than 2 like the base game, or 2 plus a shitty cutscene. You also never have any ammo if you don't use the glory kills. It's designed so you have to use them to play properly. that;s a large part of why it's shit, user.
Also enemy and room limit, of course.

Actually, if you use a different resolution, that does help you? 1400 x 875 seems very strange. Try in windowed mode just stock 640x480

Changing resolution doesn't help unfortunately.

I believe it's a white hole, sir.

I fixed it. I deleted the old .ini and had it replaced and its working now. Thanks for the help.

I'm pretty sure that's wrong. For starters Chocolate doesn't do GUS emulation or IPX tunneling. It also had problems doing certain things like MAP01 plasma-grab, or wall-running. Perhaps that has changed in the last 2 years.

Some of these advanced sourceports like ZDoom/GZDoom are great especially for the modern mods. Chocolate just is not OLDSCHOOL enough which is why I, as a Doomgod, recommend DOSBox + the GUS patches.

2 shots in the head with the weak gns, one with any of the strong guns
Ammo literally everywhere, shit looks like Quake with ammo everywhere

Take a load of this casual shitposter that didnt even play the game. Just as expected.

Thought it would be just a cheap meme, but the amount of detail and depth is honestly impressive. Is it based off of anything else?

Almost every map is 100% original. Map10 is a slightly based off a D3D: Metropolitan Mayhem level due to mappers block.

I should take the time to mention many maps are inspired in some way, or borrow ideas from other games, etc.

Whoever did this, he sure didn't forget to make it fun

I thought the skill definition for SJW was joking until I actually went into a safe space. Well played.

speaking of dn3d, you cant play life's a beach in gearbox's new repacked revision of DN3D, DN3D: World Tour at double the price of DN3D: Megaton Edition! Talk about Inflation!

They had to find a way to keep the game (((progressive))).

Well SJWs did want their guns replaced on the iPhone so it works.

Why would you want their garbage new repackage? Glad I have Original running in EDuke.

Don't remind me.

yeah eduke32 is pretty baller, can't wait for Redneck Rampage support in like * years

Hey it's like they didn't add in a stupid replay system that cheapens out the game so that journalists can play the damn game while also remastering only duke's voice, don't worry about that bitcrushed shotgun sound blasting through, downgraded audio is the new thing after downgraded visuals.

I'm sorry to say I am stuck in the mall level. Where the hell is the first key?

The guy at the ticket booth, Break the class and grab the Red key. You'll also get the firing glove.

BAZINGA

Here's a shot of it.

Oh, so you have to have crouching and jumping enabled? I usually have them turned off. Thanks, I feel stupid.

No problem.

BTW feel free to ask any question. I've already beaten the entire game.

Jumping will be really important on map07, so I hope you're not too bad at it.

Either of you guys the developer? If so, I want to thank you. This is one hell of a good job you did.

Yes, I am the developer of this Mod. If you can, please spread it around as I want people to see and enjoy the work I put into this.

There is two endings by the way. The bad ending if you beat it on SJW mode, and a good ending if you beat it on any of the 3 regular modes.

Also thank you for your kind words!

I'm guessing English ain't your native language?
Something looks kinda off about your writing.
Seeing slightly broken English is adorable.

Piss poor school system actually.

Have you a website or blog I can forward people to?

Unfortunately, no I do not.

Going Down is cool, though I've never been able to finish it. I feel ashamed.

Chocolate Doom does indeed use pseudo-GUS emulation, from my (very limited) understanding. Lack of IPX tunneling seems like sort of a non-issue, though.

Still, I suppose I could put it on there for 110% authenticity's sake, though. Do you have a link to the GUS patches?

Why do people say Doom is hard? It's easier than nudoom.

Why do people say memes are hard? It's easier than shitposting.

I am so fucking envious of this guy.
He's good at making music, he's a godly animator and he's a great mapper.

I think Chocolate might be able to use Timidity (some 3rd party sount font emulator?), but I'm not 100% sure.

Ask and ye shall receive.

gravisultrasound.com/installdisks.htm

Oh and the IPX tunneling is crucial for "net doom". It's how the Doomgods play today since none of us have modems anymore (we used to play modem-to-modem SERSETUP.EXE).

polite sage

I shilled your .wad a little bit. Keep up the good work.

Thanks, I don't know where or to who you did shill it too, but thanks.

There you nerds are, there wasn't a doom thread the other day and that bummed me out, here's a webm of new hitsparks and the ice sword effects I'm working on right now

Cool stuff. What do you plan to do with this?

unfuck my mod and make it into a more cohesive gameplay experience.

I guess I should asked what your mod is and what your plans are with it. This is the first time I've seen it.

Oh, well this is GMOTA, I released it about 2 years ago but it's a bit of a clusterfuck right now and I was unhappy with the direction it was going. I was so hellbent on going against Doom's item progression and I just stuffed in a bunch of random spawners for items and whatever else I thought was cool at the time.

Now I'm going back and refining shit further

Took a look at the youtube video, that looks really neat, I recognize some of the graphics too from some older 90s RPGs.

Oh, you're the guy who made it?
I'm sorta pissed that you didn't make it more like Pinochestein 3D with the enemy types and Duke Nukem like with the guns.

ice.

tfw noobdoom seems to shit up any Doom thread in 2016.

I really want to try this with a slaughter map actually.

Project MSX is fucking rad

So you're Combine_Kegan?

That's me, yes. Most people just refer to me as the GMOTA Guy though.

Progress for the new content in GMOTA looks like it's going well. I want to know if you have any plans for updating Combined Arms.

Looks like you're really giving this a major overhaul huh? Excited for the day the new version drops.

For fuck's sake let me post

OH THANKS, YOU WON'T LET ME REPLY TO PEOPLE BUT I CAN JUST COMPLAIN ABOUT BEING UNABLE TO REPLY. FUCK MY ASS SIDEWAYS.

to the guy that asked about updating combined_arms, I've considered it.

this thread is being a bastard to me.

I really having fun with Trumpdoom. Also a little question: how I redirect the screenshots to the folder I made for them?

Wow, no idea that you shitposted here, Kegan!

Toil with the .config?

Should be somewhere in the ini I think. I'm not sure I just let them go to the same dir.

Has anyone figured out where all the secrets are in Map12 yet?

Anyway 2 questions, I'm trying to into making some doom maps using SLADE, anyone have any tips or know of any good tutorials? I found one but it doesn't really cover very much. I know I could just read the documentation but I learn better by doing than reading. Additionally I've been told Node Builders were only required pre-2000s for very old computers and are pointless nowadays, should I just not bother with them or are there any advantages to using them?

Secondly, why does anyone use Zandronum instead of ZDoom?

Zan is for online play, your more likely to get your mod played if it's online with friends. I still prefer GZDoom with p2p with a friend though.

Basically, just try and do basic things like draw a functioning door between two rooms, screw around with linedefs and actions and see what you can do with it.

I learn the same way you do, and basically it was just draw shit in DoomBuilder and try shit out until I got the feel for it.

You should've added the communist gooks and insurgents from marine doom and NamMission 1.1, to make it fit the "diversity quota". :^)

dropbox.com/s/xgczmeompyfavip/NamMission 1.1.wad
ftp://ftp.fu-berlin.de/pc/games/idgames/themes/marines/marine1.zip

Yeah, I wish I had known about this stuff while producing it, but I tend to stay away from the Doom community and am largely unaware of what gets released.

Pressed reply too quick.

There was many things that didn't get added either. I really wanted to add an alt fire where Trump would say "You're Hired" and raise a dead enemy to do your bidding.

Also wanted Trump to take the glove off during the final battle to fire one last blow at Shillary, but eh, not a sprite artist so anything I drew looks like shit.

Aw, well that's okay. Hopefully you could implement them in the "annex canada" maps alongst some other weapons in realm667. :^)

Pray tell, why do you stray from the Doom Community?

can I play doom over lan? or do I need to use the online client zandorum or whatever

last time I tried it I couldnt get it to work whatsoever, so I'd like to try a lan

I really just want to coop some wads with my nephew, and its proving to be alot harder than I though it would be

I can't believe you basement dwelling misogynerds wouldn't pay the very reasonable price of 20 dollars for this remasterpiece, and after all randy has done for duke out of no selfish desire or alterior motive whatsoever, what a bunch of entitled manbabies

If I do decide to do Annex Canada, I'll add every suggestion here, and even look into getting Zan support.

ZDoom = SJW infested. Don't want to start anything here about it though.

You can do it in GZDoom over lan. This was what we used to play it via P2P in GZDoom.

gzdoom.EXE -host 2 -skill 0 -cooperative -FILE BIGMAPPACK.wad TRUMPMod.wad -port 15666

Just put TrumpDoom.wad in place of the other two above. This was before I merged them into one file.

Whoever is playing this sucks absolute donkey dick. The rewind shit is fucking retarded, but how else are you going to sell it to today's retarded gamer? Are they just supposed to select the easy difficulty options? That wouldn't make you seem cool, though, now would it?

Welp I'm trying to get doors to work, so I basically scrolled a sector's ceiling down to the floor height, and tagged both sides as doors, but in game when i open them rather than there being a gap it just scrolls up a continuous door texture that I can walk through. This is what it looks like in the editor.

Can you upload your wad so I can see?

I don't know dick about slade, but did you set a lower texture?

It might be a mid texture.

Yeah, that's more likely.

I know what you mean, user. I just wish that you were wrong on it.

Remember to align/fix the doortracks to the floor (default is ceiling), or they scroll up/down together with the door, which is a classical beginner's wad error.

That image.

The worst part is I have something that can top it, but is not Doom related.

here come dat future president

Note that the worst part isn't that he's completely right, but that it's a fucking moderator who's calling him out. Because god forbid we actually criticise a mod based on it's merits.

mega.nz/#!ekQnXQqK!R5PY6vsyhdtMw_V1SJqKCvw7eo_9PtVqSFA0aRYFn5Q

The issue is the door "works" correctly when I scroll it up and down in 3D mode, but if I go out of 3D mode and back it seems like the ceiling of the door sector has stuck to the floor.

I'm helping Terminus out with Demonsteele.
Those Nagato sprites used for Shihong were meant to be temporary placeholders, so I'm making their replacements.
The sprites are still work in progress, as I still have to fix stuff in them.

Your Linedefs have no action set on them.

I don't shitpost here, I just share my progress with you guys

I know that, the issue isn't with the door action.

Is she supposed to be R64 of Chris Redfield?

absolutely disgusting

That snoot knight is adorable for some reason.

mega.nz/#!i4QWCDjK!CoTXDwDkciFXjI0zMrn_vFfbj1ek-dBTNCxCLOuX3mM

Alright I don't even know how I solved the issue I was having, but now the door goes up and then dissapears into infinity.

She is indeed supposed to be buff as fuck.
She punches demons to death after all.

I love his character design so much that I'm gonna put this jerk in the standalone Blaz game I make one day. For now though I should probably focus on finishing GMOTA, I got a lot to do. Including webm related, I've been kinda secretive about this

I misread that as "I love his character design so much that I'm gonna jerk-off to him standing alone"
I get you go to shitchan, but you should make some webms with sound at some point. Soundless webms a shit.

I've made a few.

Nevermind I got the door working, unchecking doublesided on the two linedefs was stuffing it for some reason, sorry for shitting up the thread.

These feel like post-modern FPS weapons. As if we've come so far with weaponry the only way to entertain ourselves is to make weapons out of insane stuff.

That said it looks amusing.

I made these too

Bumping with wad progress.

where do I torrent a proper doom? is the steam version proper doom or a shitty port?

also what's the best mapmaking tool? I've been a long-time lover of the timesplitters map creator and I want to try doom wadmaking

Ha ha ha, silly joke file names.

The Steam version is proper enough, basically just Doom's WAD files with a Dosbox wrapping. Also, Doom Builder 2 for your map making needs.

so doom builder works with the steam version? that's been my biggest worry, that steam doom is a poor port that's coded differently/incompatible with modding tools and the like

I wouldn't get it from steam. IIRC it's freeware since Carmack let the source code out, and I'm pretty sure the money you would spend on them doesn't go to Romero, Carmack, Hall, or any of the other original devs and just goes straight into Bethesda's pocket. Just take this.

dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/60585504/DOOM.rar

very informative, thanks dude.

wasnt only the first act freeware though? like a taste test and every act was in the full release?

Ah yeah, yeah, if you're worried about your money going to support Bethesda or something let me allay that fear.

It does.

As for Doom Builder stuff working with the Steam version, it could, but I assume it won't run like, 90% of what is popular today since GZDoom and the like have added a lot of features.

but then it's not even doom

I have that rar ready for my slightly pleb friends who want to mainly play for mods, and mouselook is a requirement for most of them.

ah, well any maps I make arent going to require mouselook, jumping, or the like. I'm no purist, they can be fun, but to me it doesnt feel like "Doom"

I'll have you know I have a habit of taking shit to other levels, user.

I can't take credit for the arm pulling trick though. Zharky did that first.

You can do a rocket punch with the gauntlets though

I concur. If you want to get into Doom map making I suggest you follow Romero's rules. It's a good starting point and they've been nothing but improvements on the wads I've made over the past few months.
doomwiki.org/wiki/Tips_for_creating_good_WADs#John_Romero.27s_design_rules

where's the hud, all I've got on screen is my gun

I suppose in a perfect world that's all I need though

I played the entirety of level 1 before noticing it was missing

Try lowering the screen size. Not the resolution, specifically the screen size.

that'll do it, thanks chief

Dat boi doesn't satisfy this criteria?

wow WildWeasel is truly a faggot.

The reason for this is to avoid seams between different textures, because that looks totally artificial. Having a small properly textured step between two different floors looks way more immersive.
Same rule applies to wall textures. Make the transition believable.
and align properly.
Creating easily recognizable landmarks in several places for easier navigation.
These rules despite being 20 years old apply to modern games as well. They are often ignored and result in a shitty game.

why doesnt doomguy just keep the keycards he found in the previous level? :^)

A nigger keeps following him after he exits the map. And then the said nigger spreads the key card around the map because he took a forty too many.

Alright I've made some progress and decided I won't post until I have two problems stacked up.

mega.nz/#!HtwmAZaT!zeNFTdqjbw42G9GY3uKgEV-l71I4-iaIJ1mV9PazC64

Issues here are the grayscale checkerboards appearing at the top of the ambush doors in the first room, and the linedefs around the Revenant on the platform somehow blocking bullets and monster's vision even though I only have a lower and upper texture set. I get a whole load of terminal output from ZDoom about "Unknown Middle/Bottom texture ' ' " so it seems like I've incorrectly set blank textures on the platform as I had some snafus with copypasting line properties, but I'm not sure how to fix them.

That's just the tip of the iceberg with him.

huh, do you have any more info about him?

combined arms.

youtube.com/watch?v=d3G8y-PChII

man does map 3 suck big time!
The guy creating this mess should be thrown naked into an anthill!

Keep going, I love it already. Muh dick.

I know I shouldn't do this but

nanomachines son

Well, what program do you use to make sprites? I've tried spriting before in paint.net, it didn't really go well.

Hell, throw in a seinfeld easter egg if you're feeling extra cheeky. :^)
drive.google.com/file/d/0ByBSFoxqDaGjUnNWc0tMMGlkQ3c/view?pageId=100057931799835735177

you could do that in ms paint and it'd turn out the exact same.

SmoothDoom and Bratwurst Monsters go damn well with TrumpDoom.
forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=52102

Touche.

youtube.com/watch?v=y7x2Vn2qhCA
this is why

ease of multiplayer, there's not some convoluted way of making things work at all, I looked at the instructions on how to set up a fucking server, and now add that onto everyone that's joining in.

Meanwhile on Zandronum I can have an entire list of servers being played and go from there, join on a server, and everything is set up from there, no hassle with joining in on a server because I don't have a wad listed incorrectly when joining etc. also the netcode isn't peer to peer

Only con is the fact that Zandronum is behind in terms of coding, however the devs behind Zandronum have been working really hard to try to get Zandronum caught up on a lot of things though, I'll give them that much for sure.

Problem is no one wants to test the latest versions out is my understanding.

Sounds like something must have changed from the past then?
That or I suppose less people are interested in testing?

Well, how do you go about doing sprite art? Whenever I try it it just feels unorthodox and awkward.

I remember that zan was barely on 1.2 last time i played, and that was about three years ago. They have only advanced to 2.1.2 in all servers just recently while 3.0 is ignored entirely despite it being a year and two months old. And that isn't counting the fact that 3.0 is so far behind the latest zdoom in respect to features it's painful to look at.

Granted, Zdoom doesn't have to worry about their features actually working with netplay because not even that works correctly most of the time as an example: Try HD netplay. If your zoomed crosshair doesn't snap to your teammate's view, something must be wrong. as it isn't a multiplayer port in the first place. P2P is not only fuckawful in terms of actually getting a match going but having more than two people, that aren't on a LAN connection, lags it to hell despite supporting up to eight players. And talking about eight players, god forbid you enter any map- be it coop or deathmatch -with less spawns avaible than there players in the match, or else you'll just simply have everyone crash because reusing avaible spawns for all players is impossible because unblocked and no-telefragging isn't implemented and most maps including vanilla Udoom/2 only have 4 player spawns anyways so.

eh? But it has the codebase of 2.8pre-441-g458e1b1 now

wiki.zandronum.com/Versions#Development

From what I remember, it crashes if you respawn. The latest test build is very buggy.

ZDoom's netcode has never been a priority. It's gotten better I'll give it that, but there is much to be desired. You'll never see it used outside testing to ensure netplay will work when Zan finally gets caught up.

The don't use link shorteners link for the iwads isn't working anymore.

Thanks Mark

Draw something first, and then plot out how to turn it into a sprite.

Romero playing and explaining e1m8b
vimeo.com/theromero/review/156288044/2ad02ce556

Alright, will try.

would fap/10

It looks neat, hope to play it once that it's finished

Holy fuck, this is amazing.
When did an user bang this out?

I started it in December, finished on September 18th.

Ha. December 2015, that's impossible.

I want this twin ring circus to end.

Why not Doom95?

(Checked)
Kek appreciates your hard work.

gotta say, I'm impressed with it. I've not gotten far but having played the same levels in sjw mode I thought it was a nice touch to remove (most) of the environmental triggers.
The maps are like D3D through the doom filter. I like it a lot, good stuff.

Wait, you mean Term actually getting sprite help for Demonsteele now and it isn't stuck in eternal limbo like where he tends to leave his mods?

Hmm… does Win95 run in DOSBox?

Yeah, it even has an unofficial and tentative release date now: when it's done.
A hopeful improvement of its situation.

Already got the "concept art", but trying to translate this into pixels is difficult because i've never really worked with pixel art.

just… just think about that.

jesus christ Gearbox please stop

A lot of the sprites shivers make for me, or I rip them from other games. However I use Aseprite for editing and stuff. As for the first person weapon sprites, those are models I pose and take screenshots of in front of a green screen in Gmod, using a third party screenshot tool so I get 100% quality, then I resize them down to usually 320x240 in GIMP, sometimes bigger or smaller depending on the sprite itself, then I use the magic wand tool to clean it up the outsides of the image to give it a sharper appearance, then after that I adjust colors and saturation to my liking.

i remember you from the draw threads

i like your character designs, but the sprites needs a little work

Oh hey d00ds.

Here's a new enemy I'm working on for The Space Pirate. He replaces the zombiemen!

The concept art is cute as fuck, but yeah, your character art needs work

Looks cool

kys

store.steampowered.com/app/321270/
Why the fuck does this exist?

Does anybody know how to get GZDoombuilder working in GANNU+Linux?

inb4 install wangblows

I had never even heard of Unloved before this.

Someone make the gibs fly already!

Good watch.

Haha, glad to see other Undertale-fans here as well! ^^

Tried loading ketchup after it?

oddly enough ketchupv05 works (more or less)
but brutalmonsters doesn't

One of my favourite things I've seen in Doom mods.

do you have demo out?

I like version 4 more despite being less efficient but whatever. Does 5 still have that annoying DRIP DRIP DRIP sound all over it?

dropbox.com/s/0jyxfwmbdvuzeb1/DUMP-3-weapons-test0.pk3?dl=1

use summon revenantbox to get it.

also consider using summon teslarifle for my other submission

I was kinda stuck on progress anyway, but it would have been good to get some feedback

thanks!

I need zdoom for this I take it?

yeah, I know my weapons work in Zandy 3.0 but I don't know about Dump 3 as a whole. If need be I can toss you guys standalone weapons

Correct me if I am wrong, but will Mono allow you to run GZDB on Linux? I've never tried to run a .NET application on Linux so I can't really say.

I installed all 3 mono packages via PlayOnLinux and I can manage to install and run it but as soon I try to open a new project or editing a wad file it crashes, something about faulty window error.

It's a fun wad. I just don't see why an ugly, inferior UE4 remake is necessary, except for author greed.

Gee, thanks! I don't know how to go through with drawing arms when i'm spriting, and it comes out weird. Anyone know any free downloads of aseprite?

Got out of it shortly after undertale RED was a thing. RED was pretty much the only worthwhile thing to ever really come out of the fanbase.

life bump.

The pistol is stupidly overpowered, I like it.

Oh, and one last suggestion for the "annex canada" maps:
Throw in some astrostein 3d stuff and have trump annex canada from treudont's space bunker.

mega.nz/#!YYZ2gJDI!V1mkqRMiamdzslS_S4G-we6A9QcQEnx0mJz6F1GQ9Ws

Slade works natively on Linux and seems to be pretty fully featured. If you're on Arch it's in the AUR too.

No Bubble Mancubass?

Yes I have been using Slade 3 for quite a while by now even through in LM 18 the text editing tends to lag for some reason

But it doesn't seem to support fake 3D architecture.

I want a Doom wad based on the Hell that is Girl Games.

Jesus christ, that could actually work.

Who'd actually be insane enough to make that?!

You draw them by hand into graph paper.
Oh, you can't draw? Then your sprites will always look like nu-pixel indie shit made with Paint.

Does anybody still make WADs for Vanilla Doom?

Well no wonder, I don't have any.
Also, is GIMP any good? I've tried using it with my tablet, but it doesn't work.

GIMP is decent enough and has most functions that you need. The interface is kinda clunky though.

This depends of how much pixels you want to allocate to your sprite.
If your sprite is 32x32 pixels, you put your drawing into a 32x32 area.
And drawing doesn't mean you just fill boxes with color. That's exactly what indie shits do in Paint, which is the reason why it looks shit.
You actually have to learn how to draw properly to make good looking drawings, which then translate into good looking sprites.

Well, how large is a sprite of a typical human-sized monster in doom?

Doomguy is 56 pixels tall and around 32 wide.

Indeed, he is pretty small.

Yes. I'm helping out with a vanilla-compatible TC, REKKR, and there are other maps people come out with that are vanilla-compatible. The BTSX series being the most recent thing I remember.

Do you have any idea what's causing "line has no front sidedef" errors with Slade? They tend to happen when I'm making doors, no matter what I do to the line the game is complaining about the issue persists, the only way I've gotten rid of them is deleting every part of the door and starting from scratch.

Anyone want to play my modified Aliens: The Ultimate Doom? It's just simple DECORATE editing that anyone can do, but I wasted some time trying to get it just right so that it would be more difficult.

Things that I haven't done yet (some of them probably can't be done without knowledge of modding):

Noice, thanks for the pointer.

I fully compiled the wad itself, dehacked and all:
filedropper.com/aliens

but i'd like to see what you've made. You can make levels with the textures, too.

I just made some changes to stuff that was bothering me, nothing special. Also posted in the hopes of someone doing or teaching me how to do some of the stuff I couldn't do myself, like make aliens able to walk on walls/ceilings (but that maybe something best left to the original modder).

According to Q3A, he's actually about 6'8 tall or something around that.

Hexen classes are still taller than that though. But they're all walking hulks with magic powers so it's not really that much of a deal.

Forgot to add:

And one more thing I don't know how to do (if it's even possible to):

Interesting thing about making combat synths and marine npcs have very fast, very damaging weapons (that don't need to be reloaded) is that a small group of them can either holdout a fuckhueg alien pod or be overwhelmed in a second depending on the location of their spawn and other things. I had two marines focus fire on a praetorian and kill it in seconds (a praetorian is a huge xeno, the largest after the queen) and I had a group of three of them be killed by a single warrior just because they couldn't hit the damn thing.

Those would require a new decorate file and sprites on their own, although you could be a lazy fuck and simply rotate them.

So after drawing a bunch of line art on the graph paper, I just translate that shit into pixels? I don't think my staples brand 203mm x 266mm graph paper is large enough.

Is there any good mod for heretic?

I hear that ID Software sculpted models, drew them, and digitized them. Is there a detailed process on how they made their sprites? I wanna try that out.

Is Piskelapp any good?

Do you have any map recommendations? Any maps that would work really well with this mod in particular?

You need something with vanilla doom textures if you want all the extra atmosphere.

It's satire.

Experiment with TrumpDoom, Going Down, Strange Aeons, dwforums trilogy, Mr. Smiley's safari, Deus Vult or Unloved.

Thanks.

Brutal Doom's zombiemen has the ability to reload. Try to look into their coding to see what makes them reload and try to make a more optimized version of the code into your modifier.

same for police brutality

Alright thanks, I'll see if I can steal it.

someone help me out here

the highlighted region is supposed to be a door, but in testing it doesnt respond to any button presses. I have the front and back faces set to action 2 (door goes up and stays) but no matter what I've tried it simply does not open. does it have something to do with it being in the lower area? I'm awfully confused, send help

another thing, on interaction (or toggled by a button) I would like this to lower to the height of the floor. how would I accomplish this?

holy fuck

If Project MSX had more gore it would be absolutely perfect. I almost want to do it myself but I've never modded things beyond very simple processes. Seeing the Cacaodemon, hellknight and baron, and revenant explode and fall apart are all that's necessary.

I do not know if there is any document that goes over the exact process, but there are screenshots floating around of the models being scanned into…. some sort of program, I don't know what it is - to be converted into sprites.

Here is one for the Cyberdemon, it's the first one I found.

Well this is coming along well

off yourself pleb

meant for>>10833780

OHHH HERE IT COMES! HERE COMES THE NIGHT TRAIN!

I bet when the Guncaster facefucks you he puts his tail up your behind too :3

I want Cyg to rub my nullo place as he fucks me in the ass and I wanna get to worship his cherries afterwards too ( ˘ ³˘)♥ and I want him to frot against my groin and cum on my chest and tummy :3

I played about 70% of the NuDoom campaign, before dropping it. No harsh feelings toward it, it's just that like Doom 3, it gets repetitive with diminishing returns.

I much more enjoyed the exploration, than the shooting. The intricate are intricate and vertical enough to make the most of the very good climbing mechanic. In a way, I would file it among the platformers\FPS hybrids like Turok and Metroid Prime. I very much felt like I was playing a cross between Quake 2 and Turok.

The levels thing is huge, I couldn't ask more from the mapping. My gripe comes from the arena fights, which are essentially horde events from L4D. Making them 3/4th of the game's fights is just too much, it feels like I'm switching gears with no surprises and respect for the adventure element itself. It would have been so much better, to normally encounter enemies through the levels and "free" each section naturally.

Combat is floaty and jammy like Halo's, it isn't perfect but works. Fatalities start getting tiresome after a while, like all these gimmicks (thinking of Bulletstorm) they should have been more situational. They're part of the reason it got tiresome to me. This isn't the kind of gameplay that keeps fresh for 20 hours, much less 20 years. I hope ID Software keeps afloat, but they're really more designers than gamers at this point.

Zenimax Doom is worse than funposting '3'

Also please do not call those people id Software~

Also I want him to take pictures of me worn out and covered in his boyjuices so I can rub myself to them later :3

What editor are you using?
Again, I'm pretty retarded so I don't really know if they're different between editors, but for gzdoom builder action 2 is a walk trigger, meaning that you would have to walk over that line for the door to do what you want (assuming you're using the ceiling for the door and not the floor, if not then you have another issue)

As for your other problem, is there not just a whole list of actions you can chose from? If so, chose the one that gives the desired effect and set the linedef and the appropriate sectors to have the same tag.

user plz, you're embarrassing yourself more than the one you're trying to insult at this point

I started playing UV -fast a few years ago, and now when I just go back and play without it, the game is painfully slow. Another good challenge is to play pistol start on every map, no exceptions with the rules above.

I've only ever run into one map that was near impossible to beat like this.

sorry m8 I can't help you much with that, I never used Slade mapping feature and back when I was on Wincrap 7 I only used GZDoomBuilder.

The marines from project MSX also reload, might be a better idea to look into that since i've heard brutal doom's code is shit

Has it really been three years since beta 2?

DooM 4 is the only one i liked,, the others are too casual

first two rooms of this level are about done, tell me how it feels

puu.sh/rxuVu/146192c0b4.zip

A bit too much bright and grey for my taste, might want to space out your keys, second room design doesn't have much space for monsters and I hope all those shotgun shells will be put to good use.

I'm looking for a map/set of maps where you can sneak through alternative paths to go past a group of monsters, cut off a group of monsters from the rest of the level, etc. Basically a semi-linear map that's well made and fun to play. Does this exist?

I really like this picture.

Are there any mapsets that use solid colours?

Trump Doom actually does it fairly well.

Is there a good way to play rocketjump maps with no enemies in zdoom? They all end the level immediately off spawn.

haha its all yours friend :)

I liked the part where I got to jump out the window and blast those shotgun dudes

It did feel a little claustrophobic though. You should probably try to space things out a little

grey was sort of the aesthetic, it's supposed to seem like an in-use space station, sleek and metallic. I replaced the yellow key with a switch though

doom 3 was the best doom.

I figure if I'm making a map using only hitscan enemies and trying to make them threatening, I should be playing to their strengths. they do tend to be scarier when you have less space to maneuver, but I can promise the whole map wont be so claustrophobic

doom 3 managed to kill a series that was already dead

doom 3 is a good game on its own if you dont look at it like a doom game. I'd compare it more to resident evil than I would doom.

Doom 3 is a bad game even on its own

Also whenever we sleep together I want his junk pressed up against my lack of junk ;3
different ip but w/ever

how do you make walls that can be shot through but not passed through? is that tied to specific materials or do you have to change certain settings?

Well if you're gonna sell that, you better be ready to have some shots of actual fucking outer space, because otherwise the picture really isn't coming together.

Shouldn't you watch a tutorial or read the manual for your editor or whatever?

I'll probably make some windows and shit showing the outside and use some sort of custom space skybox

my problem is actually a bit more complex

I want this chaingunner to be stuck up here so he cant drop his gun off the ledge for players to pick it up, but i want him to be able to shoot. I have it rigged like this so one side is transparent, but I want this wall to be solid and unable to be walked through while still allowing bullets. how would I accomplish this?

I couldnt find anything for it online and I'd probably get a quicker answer here

Really though, what editor are you using?

There isn't a box you can check on the linedef for 'impassible' or 'block monster?'

doombuilder 2

fuck, forgot to check the linedefs, still new to this. my b, thanks user

In case anyone else is using Slade and has this problem, it was somehow being caused by a 0-length linedef on the other side of the map. As soon as I removed it I had no more problems.

gtfo

The Sky May Be?

Damn, when did the ZDoom forum became so bad?

But what can I say they even banned a guy just for saying "kill urself lol" and even made a propaganda effort.

Welp it looks like another place went into the garbage area.

the irony of this post

new version of the map, thoroughly modified the first couple rooms but havent advanced much past yet. need critiques

dropbox.com/s/tqmk1ojkkvxai8t/8vdoommap.zip?dl=0

What other than my screenshots makes you say that?

Doors are way too thick and inconsistent.
The blue key isn't really necessary, just have the switch open the blue door.
If you do, putting the switch on the other side of the room would let the player see the door open through the window.
The acid walk seems too short to justify a suit.
Make the lines around the acid pit impassable to players, and raise the platform at the end of the pit so the player can't jump up. Even if you're making a map with jumping disabled, you should always assume that the players are going to ignore it.

3/10 it's getting better

I plan on doing more with the blue key in that room, multiple branches. I put the suit because I figured It wouldnt be fair to the player if they were at a health that would kill them, but I could remove it.

I know the doors are inconsistent and I'll address that eventually, but I dont think them being thick is a problem. thicker doors tend to feel and look heavier.