Getting Jealous of Fictional Charaters

Does anyone else get really depressed when seeing happy characters in games? I was playing Senran Kagura Estival Versus earlier and was overcome with sadness knowing I'll never be as cute, confident, and energetic as Katsuragi is.

lol women are literally retarded

Tits or GTFO

no, but then again, they're just sprites and polygons

Only when theres romance involved

I'd be jealous of Katsuragi too, given how many tits she gets to squeeze.

I don't get depressed or upset when there's a character happier than I am or stronger or whatever. I just try to mimic it. I've gotten pretty good at acting out the part of whoever I want to be. If I want to take on the role of a wiser or more philosophical person, I mimic a template and use it. If I want to an energetic and upbeat person, I just mimic that. Whatever the job calls for.

Hell, I even learned how to write up my own characters to mimic. I used to roleplay them on online forums to develop the personalities. I even took my favorite and made it my default personality when going out and about. I'm not even sure what my real persona is anymore.

You should try it.

I got really depressed this one time when I realized I'd never have a romance as pure as what I've seen in videogames, anime or fiction in general.

Try removing/covering all the mirrors in your house and actively avoiding looking in reflections.
If you do this long enough, you can forget what you look like and at least pretend you look like the happy character.
This only works if you never leave the house.

That's what I was worried about reading that. I think I'll pass on that strategy for now.

Why don't you just practice being as much of a pervert as she is until your confidence builds up?

You shouldn't be worried. My original persona was the least popular person in middle school. By the time I was a senior in high school, my acting was good enough that everyone loved me. People are pretty overrated, but it's still better to have them like you then not, you know?

Your personality is a fake anyways. It's just a product of your upbringing. The true you, the genetic you, is a different entity entirely. There's no reason to cling to a useless peripheral if it's lowering your quality of life. The aspects of yourself are like a collection of appendixes. Just remove them whenever they get infected, before they burst and screw you over.

I get sad when I see a tight-nit band of brothers and how I'll never have that.

Not a game but I recently read through Amarimawari.
That shit hit hard.
Especially since I'm almost 31.

Senran thread?

I get jealous and envious of the girls being dicked in doujins. They always seem so happy, like they're in the midst of ecstasy or something.

But not to the extent that they ahegao, that's just too unrealistic.

I've been getting jealous of characters with nice hair lately. Both male and female characters. It's because I'm going bald.

Kill yourself

It can happen to you too my friend. I shaved my head for the army and once I left the top didn't grow anymore. I was 20.

Think I'm good.

Feels good.

I wish you the best of luck user. Just remember to take care of your hair. You won't miss it till it's gone and then there's nothing you can do about it.

I wouldn't mind being bald, I shave my head weekly, but no, no baldness in my family either

Of course I get a stinging feeling in my heart knowing I will never be a cute smug anime girl, but it can't be helped.

This is a terrible idea and you're going to end up with a depression and hating yourself and feeling like you don't know who you are. The only way to live truly happy is being who you are wired to be (born a man/woman) and finding out what role in that wiring you belong to. If you don't like that role then you try changing your habits, diet, exercise, whatever is needed until you become another role. That's without ruling in people who have been permanently damaged by outside influences of course. Those people are kind of fucked/limited.

Confirmed to work. I did this once without knowing and was surprised at who was staring back at me in the mirror. Sounds like an equally awful idea and one that might get you to meet John Mirra one day.

You'll never have a penis either thus forever staying a subhuman female.

I'm on the edge

checking dat get

Letting all women die, creating perfect roboto waifus with advanced AI and people in laboratories. Name one disadvantage (you can't).

Why kill them when we can use them for slave labor?

Anyone got that greentext story of women being forced to work in cubicles like cattle while humanity is busy enjoying their robot waifus?

What are you even.

Only question is, which kind of robots? Megaman Z?

You deserve your fucking misery, you whelp. Get out there, go do some push ups and lunges and motorboat the fuck out of your dreams

Someone has to build the robot waifus.

Lets honest here, Kats an idiot, a cute idiot but an idiot non the less.

>tfw you will never achieve repeating digits on command… or did I?

You are a faggot

Sociopath or autism?
You personality IS you. There is no "genetic" you.

/thread

I hardly find myself getting jealous over many things. I have most of the stuff I want. So getting jealous over vidya characters is a non-issue.

New game when? I would rather them skip the 3DS and make another PS4/Vita title. Senran Kagura has that nice balance of mindless combat. Fast enough to not be boring and hard enough (until you get past level 25) to keep me engaged. Even then the game has more depth, combat wise, than any other musou besides Sengoku Basara which I think it would do great if Marvelous took some notes from Capcom. Bigger maps, more than 1 meter to fill, and much larger movesets for every character.

The clothing customization is already good but if they segmented every piece of clothing to body sections and added a color editor, then it would be amazing. Maybe get some notes from Techmo and a tanning lotion like in DoAX3. They could do better at differentiating the models for every character too. Everyone nearly has the same ass and hip width unless they're simply taller.

Something about that Haruka chick does good things to my dick. sage for shitpost

Well she is best girl so that's understandable.

Pffffft haha. You'll kill yourself within a year.

FUCK

Sadly, none of the Hanzo girls are particularly wise.

In fact, their naïveté is the only thing keeping them from being literally evil by acting maliciously in the name of "good".

They all, as "good ninja", carry out orders without questioning them enough to keep them from going down the wrong path.

SK2 proved that, in the end and barring outside intervention, they'll just ignore their consciences say "I have my orders." To follow blindly is their collective shinobi way.

and say*

I hate typos.

If you can make robot waifus you can make robots to make robot waifus. Women would just suck at it like they suck at everything else. There's a reason why nobody thought that women had to force themselves to work for thousands of years of human history, because they suck at it.

Imagine being so fucked up you choose a government job instead of going to Hebijo.

Estival Versus for PC then new game obviously.

I still don't understand why evil ninja's are called "evil", unlike good ninja they're not slaves to the government they work for who ever they want and whoever can pay the most, since when was being free considered evil?

Sometimes I get a little bit melancholic when I see how the retarded and energetic friends of the main character risk everything to rescue him. Especially because I'm rather sure I wouldn't do the same and I'd never expect it from my friends.

That's because you realize how much of a shit friend you are. I feel sorry for the people who count you among your acquaintances.

you missed it

Well, duh.

I'm fine with missing it. That other post was more deserving.

That's cute. And it's also wrong.

That simple. She's devil-may-care because until Ikagura came along, she's never been successfully checked/put in place. She calms down significantly once they meet and act out their first year. Now, Kasturagi is out to be number one, but also with a more refined purpose than endlessly beating the shit out of anyone in her way. Though I agree with — she's retarded like every other ninja in the game. But they're kids, so what can you do.

This is also cute. And also wrong. Making the stages bigger/longer/wider won't suddenly make the game better. The sell of SK's action is in brief flashes—something they refined somewhat in transition from Burst to Shinovi Versus, and continue to work on.

Basara and other Musou's get away with what they do because you have a MULTITUDE of objectives to accomplish from start to finish of each map: Chopping minibosses, dominating sections of the map, initiating cut actions the scripted battle pace, so on and so forth. In stark contrast, Senrans are all about "run through x mobs, waste the stageboss", with no side objectives of any kind found between. Two noticably distinct styles at play. Enlarging the maps or the mooks run the risk of boring the fuck out of the player since the stage pace will slow to a crawl with nothing to do but mob-wash x 10 until the bossnin appears.

In a sense, this is what worries me about Fate/Extella—Musous like Samurai & Dynasty gleefully use history and myth to make sub-objectives. Fate's Extra-verse has no such history, and so while characters look neat fighting, I imagine the game will get boring fast if all there is to do is wipe the floor with faceless bot drones from the SERAPH training mazes.

Clothing and shapes, you have a point. Yes, tits are life. And life is varied. Life has differences in so many ways that any man would be crazy not to want to taste as much as he can.

Because at one point in the past evil ninjas were actually evil? I mean that explanation makes sense. But yeah except for faggots like Dougen they seem pretty neutral.

They already did that with EV though. If you use some of the weaker characters like Yumi the game's pace slows like crazy and some enemies feel like they take more hits than in SV.

Anything you want; at that point it's just about changing the chassis.

Because you're thinking in binaries. 悪 I believe is the character used to describe what the series contexualizes as "Self-serving" ninja that go to Hebijo. The "evil" in this case is because these girls are trained to covet self before the whole. If my weeb serves me, that's looked down upon in Japanese culture, and part of a component on why NEETs are so ill-regarded. In contrast, the "good" shinobi are classified not because they're out building houses and assassinating drug lords or shit like that. They're dutiful and bound to the "whole"—the government that operates, at least in text, for the good of the people.

No moutache twirling or cackling. Almost every Hebijo girl, by practice & trade, is more self-serving than their Hanzo counters. Gessen is somewhat somewhere in the middle—at least the Yumi faction, anyways.

Haven't played my copy. That sounds like a serious problem, honestly. I fought to get through Burst because the repetitive pacing was grating. Too many missions, zero variations on the theme.

SV changed it up and added a bit of pepper with the stories to keep you somewhat entertained. They CAN stand to go deeper with the mechanics, but I imagine it would happen at cost of some of the themes of the series.

For example, the girls' adolescence. Instead of the high school bit, move them into serious ninja jobs and create various missions that aren't always "Beat this girl senseless" centered. Espionage, speed runs, being chased through obstacle courses. An empire mode where the girls attempt to change the "face" of the ninja world. Stuff like that.

Women are a subversive force. Kill all women, artificially inseminate children in "bro-jars". Strenghten brotherhood. Remove and rewrite everything that mentions women or females in general. Make a mascot for this new order, Big Bro which will see that everyone goes to the gym and obeys these rules. Unite under one nation: Broceania. There will of course be dissidents (Neetasia and Central Betasia) which we will fight in a non-gay way.

Big Bro is seeing those sick gains you're making. Respect.

Now this is the kind of content I came here for.

Is there a name for that robot figurine? I saw them when I went to japan but didn't get one, but now I kind of want one.

Sadly thats just EV, a more repetitive SV, because there are a ton of missions, unlockable missions at that, but you do the same shit in each one of them, and its really unfun when you have a bunch of level one characters who you will barely ever use.

You're a fucking retard.

I'm forever single and pushing 40 now. Guess what, I liked reading it. You know that real orphans from orphanages are extremely rarely as happy as there, right?

but being a member of the JRPG crew would be dangerous

Good job, user.

Shock collars are useful to bully slackers.

This raises a question in my head, since I haven't been able to play EV:

Are there features to power up the girls? Panty preference or outfits that grant some bonuses or they like? I'd love to see that as an implemented feature.

Think on it—instead of lotto shit or S rank prizes, you could use the clothes & underwear set to open mini missions for high-ranking challenges n'shit.

Or is this what XSEED's mini events are about and I don't know cause I haven't been able to play?

but alternate costumes in games usually look ugly

I only get jealous of the fictional character that gets my waifu

Same here user but on my dad's side of the family

says you

Where do you fucking live to have parents like this

The problem with that is that it would limit your customization of the girls. If I like top X, but a mission requires top Y, that's going to be annoying. Valkyrie Drive sort of has what you're talking about, though. There are NPCs hidden in stages, and these NPCs let you access hidden rooms or challenge missions where you can pick up new clothes or accessories. These NPCs will only let you in if your girl has a high enough breast rank (yes, that's seriously a thing in VD) or if you're playing as a certain character.

'murica

At least I'm ok with a widow's peak

The biggest issue for me is the lack of a huge moveset. With the Dynasty Warriors moveset, you have to mash weak attack to get the move you want most of the time. It doesn't need to be DMC but it makes it feel like there's only one way to play each character. Or they should go back to the moveset system of SK2 where every attack has a charged mode so you do a different attack.

Senran Kagura 2 had that with talismans and some broke the game (freeze and charm combo). I would rather it not be attached to clothing and a item instead. I don't want stats to interfere with cosmetics.

Too bad ranking up tits was boring as hell. I would rather it be something fun than molesting the characters because that gets old after 5 minutes.

they're right there bro

naraku is cute

Specialization is a good thing, though. I'm a guy silly enough to 100% a Musou, so if all that's to be offered is generic sets, I'll get bored fast. I have incentive to see about Valkyrie Drive, now. SV is a bit too vanilla for me if all the extras have to amount to is sidestories told through a boss rush. Even maximizing or specializing weapons would be a fun deal.

Honestly there is no game that wouldn't improve with DMC3 level of depth to its combat. Especially after DMC4 introduced automatic mode. Button mashers can button mash. People who want to explore the game and do fun things can do that.

Unfortunately as long as japs being the majority of senran players that will never happen, after the massive hissy fit japs threw over Yomi being slightly challenging they nerfed her into the ground.

What really torns me apart is to play as a character that at first is an extremetely unpopolar and lonely type with no aspirations to whom i relate a lot, but then in a matter of months he's crowded with friends that loves him.

I know i can't pretend the mc remains a loser for the entire game, but still it just feels like when you find a friend as lonely as you with whom pass a lot of time together but then he finds a better company and dumps you.

I also fantasize about being better and smarter than i am, it never solved nothing for me since it detaches me from reality act really strange around people. I'm trying to stop and focus on who i am now and what is my actual situation

Visual novels pull this shit all the time.

This is the shit that makes my blood boil.
I value my friends above all else. I cannot play visual novels that pull this shit because I end up despising the main character to the point where I just don't want to play as them any more. I can't empathize or sympathize, let alone self-insert myself after that point.

No because I'm not a brain-dead autist who can only identify with fictional characters. I'm jealous of real people with better jobs than me that give them both more money and more time for vidya. That shit will drive me to suicide some day. But fucking polygons and cheesecake voice acting coming from my television? Fuck no, are you retarded?

You should play Saya no Uta. Sure a girl loves you in it but you remain a loser in the eyes of society.

That is not what Saya no Uta is about.

I thought Yagyu was one of the few giving her shit whenever she tried touching Hibari?

Well it doesn't go into detail about you being a worthless piece of shit in the eyes of society, but you should be able to tell that that's what you are.

She's naive. Her belief is that if she works hard enough the Good Ninjas will absolve her parents of their failure. It never crosses her mind to join the other side out of revenge.

That's a gag but yeah. And then she turns right around and does it anyway. Or focuses on Yagyu instead.

Flip the other side of the coin and you'd see revenge is just as naive a motivator. Hell, the entirety of the Gessen route is all about painstakingly pointing this out.

You don't maximize or specialize weapons, but you do maximize and specialize the girls in a sense. Each of the girls can be either the liberator or exter. The liberator is the girl you play as, and this is the one you'll choose for her move set and fighting style. The exter is the one you'll pick for passive bonuses to HP, attack power, and defense. You'll notice a pretty big difference between exters that give different bonuses. With Ranka or Manpukumaru, you'll really feel like you're doing glass cannon mode. On the other hand, Koharu or Momo will make you feel like Sundowner, but you'll notice you aren't killing enemies as fast. In that sense, there's a lot more gameplay related customization in VD than SK.

Either you're a fat fuck or a fat fuck, get off this world

Of course there is. You dramatically underestimate the complexity of a human. Essentially, think of it in this regard: Every human has a body. This body has certain characteristics, such as height, overall build, hair and eye color. These can be modified based on nurture, but the basic parameters are set at a genetic level. Hormone levels, basic qualities of the brain, and so on are all dictated based upon this physical body. No matter how much I will myself to be, I cannot be a "fat" person or an "underweight" person. If I ate more, I would become fat. If I ate less, I would become underweight. If I stopped working out, I would become a less fit person. If I devoted my life to the gym, I would become a more fit person. These are qualities of the body. On the other hand, I will never grow taller than I am at this moment. At most, I might get shorter when I grow older.

A person also has their mind. Memories, thoughts, all of those things. Two people growing up in the same household, always together, and learning the same thing, may have very similar memories, even if their bodies are quite different. It is possible for us to forget things, or ignore them. It is possible for us to learn more things. But we cannot know something we have never learned. Thus, no matter how hard I will myself, I cannot pretend to be a nuclear physicist, because I do not understand nuclear physics. I also cannot will myself into the mindset of a five year old, because I have too much experience to go through that sort of reversal. I could, however, learn nuclear physics, or suffer some severe brain trauma to reduce my mind to one similar to a five year old. These would require the addition of experience, however.

The personality of a person is a synthesis of the above elements. No two people have the exact same bodies and experiences. Not even identical twins raised in the same home will manifest identical personalities. Different experiences can produce similar traits, while different bodies may do the same. What makes personalities special is that while they are created from the body and mind, they are what allows the body or mind to change. One with a personality devoted to self improvement may learn nuclear physics, may work out more, and so on. And at the same time, they can modify themselves.

I simply take it to the logical extreme, which is a complete overhaul as necessary.

What you're saying isn't far off, but it's in the reversed order. You say changing your body and mind is the necessary component to change who personality. I believe it is the reverse. I didn't consider myself to be in good physical shape, so I imagined myself as the type of person who would be. Once I had selected my role, I worked to meet it.

Essentially, I believe that you should never let the world dictate your role for you. You decide the one you want, and you shape your world to it.

Your problem is that you're trying to be smarter or better than you are. One of these is a physical trait you can never change. The other is a relative thing in society. You can't make yourself a smarter person. You can make yourself a person who loves to acquire more knowledge, but that alone isn't really intelligence. It's just a substitute. And it's something requiring experience. And better is something other people determine. You can't fantasize about being better - you have to turn yourself into a different person who most definitely is better, and people will see you that way.

Same here, I'm too lazy to get it cut and now it's almost down to my shoulders.
I sometimes feel sorry for baldfags, but then remember how much going to the barber pisses me off.
Oh, and the fact that when I do eventually get it cut I always look around 12 years old. It sucks being 31 and having to carry around proof of age all the fucking time.

Yes, I'm jealous of the Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare characters because they can have fucking awesome guns but I can't because they're not invented yet and I will most likely die before I can see the future happen.

Sounds like textbook autism.

what you want life on easy mode you fucking casual?

i'm mostly just envious of all those fighting game characters because i wish i knew martial arts

That reminds me of that one user who rped as his dad too much and then realized that it had consumed him and he'd been living most of his life as his dad.

I also wish I was joocy breh

Pardon?

you're not alone user

I heard that two years ago

Be the man you want to be.
Find someone who makes you happy and make them happy.

Ever since having found my best friend, I haven't been any happier. I love him so much.

Fag

I'm so proud of you

No, when I see happy people I feel happy because they are happy. I don't really understand feeling jealous of other people's happiness when you can instead share in it by appreciating the fact that someone is feeling great.

Wew, I see I'm not the only one that take pride in those things.

(checked)

You and me as well.

Jealous != envious
It's only natural to guard you're waifu jealously

You wouldn't happen to have a TVtropes account, would you?

in theory we still could go learn, but there aren't options in my area and i'm mad for not doing it as a kid so i could be ultra gud

Only when I'm reading ero manga

Oh, I do feel something about them, but it's more of anger for what they represent.
If you look at those characters you will see how much better they are than the people around us.
I mean, the worse thing about characters as cool as the girls from Senran Kagura, or many other examples is the fact that they show how boring people are in general. I mean, they are exaggerations of humans, but most humans don't come even close to this. Hell, I think I'm a really boring asshole, but I'm probably the people that have done more different things that I know. And if I'm am "cool" in contrast to these people, fuck us all.
And that's why when I see that comic with fictional characters cosplaying as normal people I find it baffling: You really think they would want normal lives as most of us have? I really doubt. They would probably think about crazy shit too.

No, I'm not a woman and can distinguish fantasy from reality.

waifus are dumb

lol men

Can I be envious of cute girls who are martial artists?

see you tomorrow, same time, same place, same topic

Why does it so good?

The thing about fictional characters is that they are molded in the ideals of their creators. Fictional characters, to a point, more closely approach perfection than an actual human because humanity aspires to perfection, even knowing that it can never actually be realized.

Something to remember about storytelling, too, is that it is, as Hitchcock said, "life with all the dull bits cut out." When you consume media, you're only getting the good stuff. You never see Snake and Raiden filling out paperwork, or Chun Li stuck in a traffic jam, or hear any of the Senran Kagura girls complain about back pain.

We all have the exciting and heartbreaking moments in our own lives, too. I think it's just hard to notice sometimes because so much of living is menial, dull tasks.

Nope. I don't create accounts of things, for one. For two, TV Tropes encourages poor literary comprehension by simplifying things in fiction and giving people a false sense of understanding. I do not approve of it as anything more than a glorified zoo.

nope, i'm just happy to be alive man

The white and blue accentuate the curves plus they're cute.

Proprietory waifu and reproduction tech. Then again, FOSS and FOSH are the answer.
A big EMP event could still fuck up a society relying 100% on tech, so some biological precautions should be taken. We might look down on the biocuntwranglers due to how much the creatures will warp their minds, but they're necessary as long as we can't engineer self-reproducing chimeras with secondary human ovaries and uteri.