I don't care how fucking good the art and music are, why should a VN ever cost $50?

I don't care how fucking good the art and music are, why should a VN ever cost $50?

Hell, even $30 is pushing it for most consumers, even for a 60+ hour read.

How are some developers getting away with charging so damn much for a non-game?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Steins-Gate-English-Version-Best-Pc/dp/B00K886062
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

niche market
captive audience
slightly higher effort than competitors

VN's are a cancer for people witch cancer eating their brain

source?

Never.
Judging from the artstyle I assume that screencap is from Psycho Pass? I just saw it yesterday for that price and thought well, I'm not touching this one.

People paid $60 for NMS and that had about 2 hours' worth of content in it.
$50+ is pushing it for any game, not just VNs. For something massive like Grisaia, $30-$40 wouldn't be that unreasonable, it's at least 70 hours long and it is exceptionally well done, but most VNs have no business sporting a pricetag that high. KonoSora, with a length of about 30-40 hours, goes for like $12 when on sale and it's almost as well done as Grisaia, that's what I'd consider a good price

People buy it.
Things that don't sell aren't sold.
Blame the consumers.

I agree OP. Forty euro is my maximum for a VN.

We'll always have piracy.

Piracy will always be a thing, yes, but for your average person piracy will stop being available as soon as the groups of crackers get tired of serving up free shit to your entitled ass.

Dunno op 🐯👌

🤘🐏🖖

That's not what the word "simulator" means. You are actually clicking your mouse, dunce.

No simulator user those are real mouse clicks!

Actually this.
60$ for digital copy of comic book is jewery but there know they still will be able to sell it.

Now try saying this:
unironically

I wouldn't pay $60 for actual books or for actual games either. It still baffles me how $60 became the expected price for new video games - triple A be damned.

This. It's been years since I've paid more than $30 for a game. Anything over that price I just pirate or wait until it's cheaper. No way would I pay $60 for a VN. Shit, I've never paid anything for a VN.

Value is relative.

I'm not entitled user.

In fact I'm GRATEFUL to all the pirate uploaders out there. And if piracy stops I'll find something else to do.

One thing that annoys me about VNs is that they almost never go on sale. They retain their price.

Stein's Gate is still 40 euro. And that game is 7 years old!

That's your opinion I would rather pay 60 dollars for a well written 60+ hour VN than for most "pure gameplay and skillz" games Holla Forums keeps pushing out. >inb4 they're never well written. Well that's relative too, no anime was as "well written" as classical literature, never stopped me from enjoying them.

average weeb faggot

It's a question of values user, some people prefer to sit and read while looking at pretty pictures and listening to moonspeak, some people prefer to pick up a minigun and mow down the legions of hell with little to no narrative interruption.

And of course there's no reason to tie youself to one type of game only, people are complex creatures who change preferences according to their mood. Not you though, you will always be a whining faggot.

What the fuck? 40 USD is my maximum for a AAA game, and that's REALLY pushing it to the limit for a VERY good game.

40USD is your maximum for a AAA steaming piece of shit? Then you could at least spend that much on a good VN.

Get the physical version to justify the price.
amazon.com/Steins-Gate-English-Version-Best-Pc/dp/B00K886062

lol

AAA maybe may be shit, but at least they are games

Average price in Japan is $80, assuming 100 yen to a dollar.

Your taste is so shit feces probably dribbles out of your mouth when you talk.

It's not "defending", it's simply a case of

Well, while I enjoy things like GTA, you have fun with your fanfic.

The only time I could even consider justifying a $50 VN is if it something that will take awhile to get through and is really well written & translated.
I rarely buy games at full price though, I usually buy them used, after a price down, or during a sale.

To answer your question though, anime fans are just awful. Go to your nearest anime convention and you'll find people paying ~$15 for Japanese candy that you can find elsewhere for $1, at the most. Similar theme here.

Reminds me how awful the writing in GTA5 was.

Dumb over the top shit and I just can't relate to Californians. Dropped it after 10 hours.

$30 is fine as long as it's a physical release. Fuck Capcom.

They know their fans are pathetic enough to fork out that much for an absolutely shit story of no value because they have waifu bait all the way through it.