Arcade games that don't hold up

Does the Simpsons arcade game hold up?

Depends on how you look at them. A lot of these games were designed to eat up coins. While they looked great, the gameplay was harder because "muh profit" which didnt really help the gameplay at all but made it less appealing.

If you wanted a good comparison, the beavis and butthead game was much much better. You had the same great quality of level design but the gameplay was much better and allowed you to actually feel like you were taking part in the universe.

The simpsons game just seems like a fucking ripoff of the series and only used to cash in on name brand recognition.

Sounds like it was ahead of the curve then.

For what it was, back then it was amazing. It was fun as a kid. You got to play as your favorite simpson and fight things. The level designs made the game great. But when you get older like we are now, we realize that the game wasnt that good at all and only had the looks of a good simpson game, not the actual mechanics of one.

Its the same thing like Terminator 2. That game wasnt that great but as a kid we thought it was the best shit ever. It was a shitty Lightgun game that punished you for almost everything and was hard to deal with. The only game that was semi decent was the Xmen game or the Avengers game but the avengers game was insanely harder than it should of been.

I still stand by Beavis and Butthead as being one of the only good ones like that which could work as an arcade game.

This one was pretty good and balanced, I can't understand how the YouTubers playing it are unable to avoid damage, when I was a kid I certainly died a lot, then in my teens I found it on a shop from the small town I lived in back then.

I was able to clear it with one credit and it was set for a second run in hard after clearing it once, suffice to say, I was also able to clear it too.

Are there any beat-em-ups that require skill that aren't called God Hand?

Well, anything being true is suffice to say it. You don't need to point it out.

My English is still bad.

look up "really good games that are like god hand"
your first result is
god hand

No, neither does Turtles in time.

They didn't hold up even back in the day, streets of rage was always better.

Try Aces Wild.

Will do. Thanks.

Why would Smithers rob a bank?

To buy some dragon dildos and astroglide

all konami belt scrollers were style over substance with the possible exceptions of violent storm and metamorphic force

On that note, in retrospect I really dislike rail shooters. It's the closest thing you can get to a cheap ticket dispenser carnival game without actually being one. 99% of them are about misleading you with gotchas and all but forcing you to lose if you haven't memorized the enemy spawns. It's like a Super Mario World hack or Mario Maker level that's already shitty, then you force every level to auto-scroll, stick invisible blocks over pits on hard jumps, and speed the game up to 3 times normal.

Only decent one I've seen is Time Crisis, which lets you hide behind cover to avoid attacks and reload, but imposes a time limit so you can't camp forever. Probably the only series in the genre that's really worth a shit beyond nostalgia, and even then it's kind of boring anyway.

So many kids were terrible at the button mashing mini games holy shit.

The first House of the Dead is actually pretty good too. But after that they get totally fucking retarded with the coin-feeding.

I still love it though

3 and 4 were great due to the controls.
Holy fucking shit I miss arcades

That looks pretty damn cool, though.

If you was fast enough you could avoid those kind of things in Jurassic Park games and HotD. Basically, git gud.

I know ;-;
On the bright side, they still have a lot of old shit, but really beaten and broken, if I wasn't so poor, as everyone else here, really, I'd buy the cabinets and restore them.

All of Sega's shooters have clear gameplay without any bullshit that seems unavoidable.
They're among the easier arcade games IMO; much easier than trying to save quarters on Metal Slug.

There's a clear way for a skilled player to make it through.
So fuck you for complaining about my favorite arcade genre, just because midway and raw thrills make some garbage shooters.

At least it's not in the shitter as far as arcade racing has become.
Pay a dollar to drive for a minute and a half.

Nigger there are literally none in my country

they're called IDs cuckchan

Man, I hate those fucking things. I mean, if you gir gud it felt pretty good, but any fuck up and you're done.

The thing is, 15 or 20 years ago my country wasn't fucked up and it was touristic and shit, hence why it would have at the very least some decent old stuff, or at least a lot of old stuff. I remember some shitty places you wouldn't call arcades, since they're just particular homes, that hosted arcades, shit like Rampage, Soul Calibur and some avenger games, stuff like that all over the place that decreased over time. Those were the days.

What the fuck are you on about?

The last arcade game I played before the faggots closed it down for a bowling alley was Lets Go Jungle
It still hurts

Hi newfag
>>>/cuckchan/

For some reason older japanese games are easy on the quarters and you can play them for awhile before you have shell out more money.

Pic related.

(1)
(1)
(1)
Is being randomly triggered for nothing a new meme?

>>>/cuckchan/

Bump

fucking psychic AI

I never knew there was a Beavis and Butthead arcade game. When I look it up, everything says it was just a prototype. Was it actually a full game?

Don't forget psychokinetic, throwing you form sweep range, among other bullshit. In v2.1, iirc, you could crash the fucking game by killing Jax with Shang Tsung's soul steal fatality, and cause all sorts of visual bugs with Shang Tsung by morphing into Sub Zero, and performing the deep freeze portion of his two-part fatality repeatedly (this added time to the fatality time limit) until the morph time wore out, then morphing into another character and doing one of their fatalities.

I burnt so many tokens doing this. My parents were always confused because they'd give me enough tokens to last an hour and they'd all go into Area 51 Site 4.

No Konami arcade beat em up holds up simply because of the fact that they have awful controls.
The SNES port of Turtles in Time changes the controls allowing you to throw enemies on demand with other tweaks. The Arcade versions are literal button mashers which rely only on visual fidelity.

If the SNES port had been a multitap-capable version, it could have been the definitive Konami beatemup, but alas, it came early in the life of the SNES.

Time Crisis, House of the Dead, DDR, Soul Blade, Tekken, Metal Slug… a deluge of memories at the mere mention of arcades.

How could anyone not like Simpson's: The Arcade Game?

Matt Groening obviously had a lot of input into the game. Are you being autistic about it not being a canon storyline or something, because wow that's pretty autistic. Fuck, I like the game better than the show really.

Simpsons is simplistic compared to even TMNT. The only thing it stands out with in gameplay's sake is the combo-attacks you can perform with other players, but those tend to get you killed more often than not, in practice. In TMNT, you have high mobility and decent range, as well as what may as well be the only attack in the game worth using, JUMP+ATTACK. You can avoid damage easily, and if time is not a concern, beat Krang and Shredder on the same life. Simpsons…. not so fun.

That doesn't really help at all. To begging with, Smithers is robbing a fucking bank. Why? I mean, I like the game and I like the little things like M;arge's rabbit ears

First of all, it's a jewelry store. Did you play the game? Since when have Simpson's games ever made sense, and why are they supposed to? Do you not get that's part of the sense of humor in the games?

Groening's involvement has jack shit to do with the gameplay mechanics which are simplistic as fuck compared to games like Final Fight, Streets of Rage, and even Konami's own X-men and TMNT beat em ups.

There was a bright side to this, though. Because they were afraid of players getting bored and quit playing, they made sure that there was action going nonstop. There were rarely any slow or boring parts in those games.

The Typing of the Dead was better than any of the House of the Dead games in my opinion.

The only good arcade beat em up is Turtles In Time and Xmen

You dunce, AvP has already been posted, and it's almost perfect.

Now that's a low bar if I've ever seen one.

As I mentioned, the bunny ears thing, at the time, was pretty cohesive to the story of the show, Smithers robbing a bank or a jewelry store doesn't make sense at all.
As this user said groening involvement should be on story, and understandably there wasn't a lot back then. I'm not saying it have to make sense, I'm saying it just doesn't even when the actual actor is onvilved, and that doesn't even adress the gameplay problems.

It's a good game for what it is, though, but it's pretty much overrated only for nostalgia.

Typing of the dead was hell for me, but I got good and my language improved a little but, if only a little, and only on words,

He is right, user, it requires you to type things fast contrary to shoot things fast, I think moving all your fingers fast rather than one finger is objectively better, and the typing of the dead have a better structure.
You can play TotD Overkill if you may.

in high school, we had an arcade right across the street that had an NFL blitz machine where if you were in the lead at the end of a quarter, you'd get to keep playing. after mastering the Suicide Blitz defensive play and the Super Fly passing play I don't think I paid more than twenty five cents for a full, ten minute or so game of Blitz ever again

vs