Blood Omnicide v0.1 finally released

so those based russian devs finally released v0.1 of blood omnicide, their attempt at remaking blood omen: legacy of kain in 3D. its a 1 GB download, that takes you all the way up to nachtholm, though you need a copy of the actual game either on PC or on PS1 to play it.

download:
omnicide.razorwind.ru/en/game/dl/release.html

Other urls found in this thread:

firedrop.com/84b7ff7268e2dc53
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

oh cool

thanks user

It's actually out? wew, gotta find a fucking torrent for the game, wish the ruskies would also include the fucking torrent.

yeah, the google drive link is a bit of a piss take, i had to use wget and firefox to actually get the damn thing

So where do i get the original files from?

the pirate bay

just the vanilla files?
whats more interesting about this port is that it uses the darkplaces source port

who the fuck owns a PS1?

There's a PC torrent around, gog version should work with the remake.

Now that is interesting.

???

u wot m8

bump

Yeah it does, the shadows look really cool and lifts the dark mood up quite a bit

It cleans up the hud which you can toggle back, you can use the original or remastered (not sure how its remastered, but still ) soundtrack, fixes how audio works according to the changelog/comparison, you can no longer hear screaming peasants off-screen at all times
along with various things, the only thing I saw a flaw was a few gameplay changes, but I'm not too sure about the comparison. I might have to do two playthroughs of the original game and apparently the PSX/PS1 version is faster than the PC version, which you can "modify" the game's speed to be faster. This is a cool "port" eitherway it uses the darkplaces and uses level formats similar to quake3, .bsp formats I think it's called.

There's a few graphical things they need to fix, if you try to suck blood from a chained up peasant in a dark room, the blood you're sucking is pitch black and is only lit by lights in the room.

Vae victus indeed , but the webm over here doesn't quite fill me with confidence

is it green for anyone else?

its green for me too, you on a chromium based browser?

Hell yeah I lost my save files of the original Blood Omen and could never finish it, the game is abandonware at this point isn't, it?

use mpv/VLC/notawebbrowser

It had a PC release, also gog release for modern systems, still trying to find out if it works with the gog version

what is so interesting about it?

i'll put them up on volafile later on , keep an eye out for them

aint no such thing fam, gog were selling it a while back iirc

wat

Nope, they sell Blood Omen 2, not the first one, I found it in abandonia, that's why I was asking

beat me to it

have my OC anyway

web browsers are fucking awful for watching video

true, but convenience
what would be nice is if you could embed some program in a web browser to render onto a supplied screen area

You can do that with VLC

VLC is shit though, and how exactly do you tell a web browser to use an external video player, and embed it in the web page itself?

Got you covered friend.

firedrop.com/84b7ff7268e2dc53

Queer.

Well it's a Quake engine modification. I wasn't expecting to see it being used either.