Castlevania 30th Anniversary

Going to be doing anything special to celebrate, Holla Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.selectbutton.net/viewtopic.php?t=32040
chapelofresonance.com/games/hod.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Maybe I'll finally beat Dracula's Curse.

what time is it?

Yeah actually i just got a copy of Order of Ecclesia in the mail.

Anything important i should know before i play it?
I have tons of experience with SOTN and AoS especially.

THE SKELETON IS FUCKING CANCER
and so is the lighthouse crab

Yeah i heard people complaining about those in other threads and other anons told them gid gud

I'll wait til Halloween

You should know that Shanoa is best girl.

Gonna try to finish the original Rondo of Blood
Prolly won't make it though, I'm stuck on stage 4

Probably play through the original nes series maybe some shitty romhacks too

I'll go back to playing Rondo

The real Dracula, Vlad the Impaler was way cooler than the Dracula of stories.

DEUS VULT!!!
IMPALE TURKROACHES!!!

That was one of the easiest bosses in the series. I got the perfect medal on the first try.

cancer ≠ hard

I know, I was just joining in about bitching about it

Best OoE boss fight?

Pretty good. I like this guy because he looks cool. Shadow stand.

I want to protect Shanoa's smile.

No.

I am Sad for this reason.

But I do have something to give you all.

let me get it up.

Lewd.

I was tooling around with Chronicles for the past week or so and I didn't even know about this.

All I want is a way to play Castlevania 3 with proper music without input lag why is this so impossible?

I will cry as I remember all the Castlevania fan projects I participated in.

5 so far. Only one finished and it was just a map for a shitty game.

Why can't you just do things correctly?

Naw it doesn't work that way the NES was modified to lock out the sound chip it needs to be modified. I learned this after buying one of those.

How well do the GBA castlevanias scale up? I'd like to play them but the GBA res is terrible.

gonna do my yearly replay of SOTN

Circle of the Moon and Aria of Sorrow are among the best of the metroid-likes. Aria particularly is at the top of my and a lot of other's lists. Circle gets a lot of love because it's probably the hardest one and limits you to only the whip like the originals. Harmony of Dissonance though is kind of a mixed a bad it's an okay game but it looks completely horrendous see pic.

I actually rather liked HoD because it's like Dracula's interior designer was on acid. I can see where they were going with the game but the limitations of the console really screwed it over, especially music-wise.

Decent topic that explains why I find it appealing forums.selectbutton.net/viewtopic.php?t=32040

I like HoD because it lets you play as Maxim and Maxim is the shit.
But that's about it.

GBA games scale up just fine.
If you have to play ONE GBA metroidvania, play AoS.
Not only it's the best GBA castlevania, it's straight up the best metroidvania ever made alongside SOTN (i even prefer AoS to SOTN).

By the way use mGBA, it's currently the best GBA emulator.

If Serio's Castlevania had a metroidvania gameplay I am certain it would be THE Castlevania.

Made this on console in vanilla when I first got the game, I've never played the PC version as My graphics card is ass and I don't want to ruin my revisit of it with the DLC.

Sex:Male
Race:Caucasian
Body:50,23,29,75
Skin:Bottom row first one

Face:
Crown: 0,0,0,5,6,84
Forehead: 27,89,9
Brow: 32,48,20,0,84,78
Eyes: 37,33,41,100,84,45,50,64,38,64
Eye Color: Last eye Color
Ears: 58,62,45,56,48,41,53,37,57,37,49,40,56,37
Cheekbones: 13,30,35,35,35,42,45,45,34,54,54,52,51
Nose: 40,52,38,35,54,41,43,46,62,48,43,46,40,48,52,47,41,36,63
Mouth:55,52,47,48,35,61,47,44,59,40,39,41,57,36,42
Chin:39,58,0,24,0,1,5,34
Jaw:0,6,0

Hair:
Primary color: 2nd line 3rd one grey hair
+
Secondary
+
Facial
Head: Draped over shoulders
Mustache: Trimmed
Beard: Soul patch long
Sideburns: Pointy
Eyebrows: Waxed thin
Make up: Entire Face: Mime Makeup| : Thin: Primary and secondary colors are white
Voice| |
Facial Expression: Haughty
Movement: Thug Style 2:
Combat Style: Samedi
Compliment: Ronin Compliment 3
Taunt:Spit n Flick or Ronin Taunt 3

Looking to see if I have his robes still written down, I'm hoping they are, but if they aren't then none of you will ever replicate the glory of the formula I made for this.

…what

What the fuck is all this data supposed to be fed to?

Well shit, it's lost to the Abyss, that sucks.

What I do remember about getting his robes as close to SOTN is that they're the Robes from one Clothing store that does Rich clothing, located across a small bridge near water, and that you want the leopard pattern for the Waxed embroidaries on the cuffs of his robes like SOTN using two shades of red one for the fill and the other for the outline so that the colours aren't too distinct but very close in shade.

There were other things, but I think I've lost all my saves for it.

Stop being disgusting casuals, you might notice it in the lower section of text.

No.

…Saint's Row 2?

The giveaway was at the bottom.

How fucking far Holla Forums has fallen that they can't recognize something like this.

If that's case I don't understand how not knowing what character creator data for a 10 year old casual game makes you casual.

You're aware that you can't post here unless you're over 18, right?

Has it occurred to you that maybe not everyone who likes Castlevania has played a game in a completely different genre from a different series?

Why would anyone assume everyone in a castlevania thread has played any open world crime game. It's like going into a Zelda thread and assume everyone has played Halo 2.

I'm 21.

But uh, how old is saints row now anyway?

Since college I actually havn't played anythign that wasn't on my PC and i've more than 50 games to play, I practically missed the entire ps3 Xbox360 generation, never got through my wii games, and I've 5 borken psps I've somehow acquried

Saints Row 2 is from 2008

Oh.

It's been 8 years.

I'm really out of touch now.

Well.

The sad part is that it's the only thing keeping the thread alive.
The sadder part is that it's eithet this, LoS hate/love or Metroid vs Classic.
The saddest part is 1999 game never ever ever nerevar

I might draw a shirt design to celebrate. I already did one for Zelda and Metroid

I love all of it. even LoS

I only ever played 2 though and Dracula looked pretty good when I made him in it and I wanted to share him with you.

I'm sorry if you didn't appreciate it.

I mean I've only got this release Ps3 that I never got to play because my parents reached that stage of Old people ness where they complain about sounds despite volume being completely acceptable whether drunk or sober making it impossible for me to enjoy my games so I was stuck downstairs all the time, missing out.

I really shouldn't have let it go on really, I've literally got so many unplayed games it's unfunny.

Even LoS 2? I mean I enjoyed LoS thought it was a fitting 3D adaptation of the early games but LoS was just a horrible mish mash of gobblety gook.

Anyone play Bloodstained I didn't back it after MN9 scared me off. It doesn't look like complete trash so I have some hope.

2 was fun enough. I dont remember enough about it other than the stupid plot twist

I downloaded the demo and it's pretty neat

Really with all the forced stealth crap and artificial loading screens everywhere? Plus that ending was so terrible it just splatted out.

LoS was spitting on 2dvanias, 3dvanias, classicvanias, metroidvanias and pennsylvanias.

It was like watching a shitty hollywood reboot.

Why argue about trivial shit when COTM is obviously the best?

The game is fucking terrible, I'll admit that but I was still able to power through it.
I bet if I played it again, I wouldnt get very far before dropping it.

This. Also Bloodstained will be so so, but it will feel good to play it. You heard it here first.

Also also 3d will always be inferior to 2d

Since COTM was my first Castlvania it will always have a special place in my heart. However I like AoS and SOTN more.

In terms of story sure but if you play that on hard it was a stiff but fair challenge and had you whipping classic horror monsters. I'm not going to say it was amazing or fantastic but I think I like it more than the PS2 games.

Too flashy and colorful also. In-game models looked like absolute shit compared to the game art, which is probably the best Castlevania game art ever made

I played Harmony of Despair the whole weekend
for an event there was for commemorating the game. First time ever I had a room full online. Felt good, and shit was done under 5 minutes, even with low level characters.
Felt good, if you anons want to play post your PSN accounts. Better to start with fresh characters, though.

Also, I'd like to play the DS games again, but I don't have a flashcart anymore.

Shadow guy is pretty cool.

Every year I try to do it on a different console. This year is CFW PS3.

You might like this autistic guy page. I like HoD too, more than CotM, in fact, the later is a garbage experiment between Classicvania and Metroidvania. HoD at least is a shameless SOTN ripoff.
chapelofresonance.com/games/hod.html
They really doesn't either play it on the original GBA/SP or play it on an small smartphone.

It doesn't really matter how old it is. Is amediocre GTA clone until 3, then it becomes a retarded GTA clone. Not saying it's bad, just mediocre, so not many people could even remember it. I played it and I didn't.

I appreciate what you tried to do, but you went all autistic about it.

Kys. Worst platforming and worst exploring, that's a huge take down on both Classic and Metroidvania. I just don't get how people can fucking like it.

I finished LoS when it came out. I thought it was terrible too but I enjoyed it for what it was, until the damn cliffhanger. Years later LoS 2 and Mirrors of fate came out. I want to replay LoS since I don't remember most of it so I can play the sequels, but I'm afraid that I'll drop it pretty quick. Also, I'd like to play Mirror of Fate on 3DS rather than PC.

Eh.

That and better character portraits.

Not gonna lie, HoD might just have the best soundtrack in the whole series.

I like successor of fate myself. I'd like to see a re-release of the GBA Castlevania with assets of the DS games and Castlevania HD, and enhanced music like the one in HD. Embed related, I think the original Heart of Fire sounds really damn good, but this one sounds more epic in comparison, which is the point of enhancing.

Think I will try to 1cc Haunted Castle v. M tonight.

The Simon design was the best part of that game

Bump

It's ogre. Castlevania dies long ago. We should bury it.

It can never die.

I had dropped Mirror of Fate and Lords of Shadows 2 after 30 mins or so, maybe I'll pick them up again.

Honestly, the entire game was complete shit. Some of the designs were fine, but the general design of the game sucked.

The LoS series might not have been as painful if it wasn't Castlevania, but LoS2 and MoF's flaws exist outside of that. LoS1 was fairly mediocre as well.

Marathoning the games of course. I haven't played OoE, Harmony of Dissonance or the LoS games yet.

What would you give to play an actual 3D, really good remake of both Rondo/Dracula X and SoTN? Like a two act game.

It is a wasted effort.
So long as there desire in the hearts of man, it will never truly be gone.

Bombing Konami HQ

And we will be here to shitpost.You can bet on that.

Yoko best girl

What is the best song and why is it Slash?

Choosing a best theme is hard, as there's a lot of variation.
Best feels. Didn't find a wyvern though.

Man, I love CoD's soundtrack. I think it's Yamane's best overall work. AoS is also up there.

Try to finally finish the Portrait of Ruin and Dawn of Sorrow.
Have them lying around since a few years and somehow never got really around to play them properly.

If it doesn't look like Guilty Gear Xrd it isn't worth it. I have faith in Bloodstained, though, but I'm also realistic, and I know it won't be as good, I'll probably like it out of desperation, nothing more.

Is a vice at this point. I just can't get enough of these kind of games so I'm forced to replay them in different ways.

Man, I hope Bloodstained is good, but I'm not holding my breath until I see something more concrete than a demo for an extremely early version. I am disappointed by the fact they don't seem to be implementing equipment actually visually affecting the character, despite it being much more reasonable to do with 3D models instead of sprites. In fact, from what I've seen, it doesn't look like they're taking advantage of using 3D rendering at all.

Playing Odallus. Reminds me of the pre-SoTN Castlevanias.

Odallus is pretty fun. Make sure to get the true ending.

Not sure how but I guess I'll look into it.

Honestly, to this day, this is one of my favorite speed runs. It's just the game is so insanely broken to even be able to think of doing this, and I just love when that's the case.

I think you just need 100% completion.

The one thing I didn't like in LOS1, was the DLC explaining the origin of Dracula. It should have been a matter for LOS2, to have a long flashback about the fall of the hero.

The rest was fine, loved everything from voiceovers, art direction, to boss fights.

It should have been a vanilla LoS1 thing. Becoming Dracula is the entire point of Gabriel. Leaving it as a cliffhanger and then inserting it as dlc was just dumb.

And I heavily disagree that the rest of fine. I liked the game well enough, but it had some serious issues. Too many quick time events, the titans were entirely linear, the music sucked, the environments sucked for the most part, most of the puzzles were shit, the dark vs light magic was unused potential, the combat did nothing to encourage varying up your combos, and the end of the game went absolutely retarded. Not to mention they just threw a bunch of character names from Castlevania about without much thought.

You know the X-Box version of Harmony of Despair is a thousand times better and more playable, right? The PSN is buggy, and has audio delay.

The environments and Puzzles were the only good thing about LoS 1 (the Puzzles were alright with the team knowing it's supposed to be a Castlevania game).

I loved how despite his va, Gabriel had generic grunts I heard in both Darksiders 1, God of War 3, and Dante's Inferno (no really, all three used the same grunts and yells).

You must really be autistic if you actually didn't realize you did something stupid

user, I CFW'd my PS3, only reason I'm able to play with all the DLC. If you could do that on xbox then MAYBE it would worth it, but it doesn't.
Played the whole weekend and didn't have any problem, not even at full room.

The online mode was alright even if the players were more autistic than the 360 guys (For some reason, I met a lot of Euro autists when I played online). It's one of the dlc stages being buggy as fuck that make the PSN version really inferior to the 360 version (The SoTN stage with Beezlebub as a boss). The audio delay can be grating after a while.

The environments felt largely lifeless to me (in a bad way), and most of the puzzles that were actually a challenge were entirely separate from the gameplay itself. I don't like it when a game just switches to a standard puzzle you can find on the internet. Environmental puzzles is what Castlevania should have. Unfortunately, most of those in LoS were either pillar pushing or those light/dark magic gates with clues so obvious that the dead soldiers nearby must have been completely retarded to have any trouble solving them.

Symphony of the night has the best game music ever created, played this for the first time and I couldn't stop from shedding a tear from how beautiful it is. And the artwork man, the fucking amazing artwork.