Space Thread: Engineers Edition

What will your cold steel grave be like in space?

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=191518587
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=391728802
discord.gg/T6QWZ
discord.gg/EeVrGKz
lmgtfy.com/?q=Elite dangerous disable side panels
store.steampowered.com/app/402710/
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=752716807
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=598138548
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=654413938
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=668044165
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=551437556
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=543635673
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

living the dream with my android waifu

Did they ever fix the performance?

Me and my shipfu and also link to the old thread nigga

ATTENTION ED CMDRS
Factionfag here, with a minor update. I still haven't heard shit from Fdev about if the player group has been processed, so I began looking around the pinned forum post about player groups/player factions. Looks like the guy who is responsible for all this shit usually doesn't bother to email people back after things go through like any competent worker ought to. Furthermore, things apparently are really slow, because there are a bunch of posts in that thread of people complaining that he never even reads his emails. So while it is absolutely possible that we are officially registered by Fdev as a player faction, there is no way to know for sure. The guy responsible also has not been online for 2 weeks, and the complaints in this thread are just growing.

I wish I could be attracted to metal, but I have to deal with disgusting flesh.

Yes
No

The old thread will die soon enough, so what is the point?

So others in the old thread will know that a new thread has been created

How about they just look at the catalogue like a normal person you autistic retard.

Maybe when you and the catalog stops being so cancerous.

Are there any space games beside Starmade that offer modular weapon systems rather than prefabs yet? Shaping every vessel in Empyrion around the minimum need to mount a couple boxel MGs & rockets on the centerline with as little dead weight hull as possible makes small craft very boring in addition to being goofy in a world that otherwise consists of non-box voxels, and no scaling up of weapons means I have no spinal guns to wrap my pocket capitals around. Space Engineers is at least more demanding in requiring empty space for thrusters to operate amongst other things, but still doesn't go far enough in detail, and I don't own it anyways, Empyrion was a stupid sale purchase and I haven't kept up on how much SE has matured. How long until that shitty game Planet Explorers' individual voxel painting system gets aped for module & block design by the more indepth building games?

Sometimes I wonder how FD are still in business. Oh well, we might get in the 2.2 update

I don't like space engineers survival, I just use it to build giant autism spaceships with cool interiors. I made an FPA Destroyer from LotGH that I'm pretty proud of.

Looks really nice user. Got any more pics?

Try building large small ships in Space Engineers with a lot of mods.

When I try to build interiors, my ships become massive. I've tried to counter that by making my interiors as cramped as possible, but that puts weak points around my ship.

Also, here is my latest gunship. Need a name for it though.

any harem space vidya out there? bonus points if it has clang.

reminder that the devs are buddy buddy with microsoft and xbox one

Are there enough reasonably balanced weapon mods to fill the gaps left by the devs, then? Is there any decent PvE yet, as opposed to sneaking up on drone ships through blind spots to board & disable them to slowboat back for scrap?

The ship kinda reminds me of that stupid baby Thunderhawk Games Workshop made, the Stormraven. Not in the exact shape, mind, just the fat little body with a bunch of guns stuck onto it. How about 'Fat Crow?'

this seriously needs a FOSS linux remake

Remember your training and you will make it back alive.

Here's the FPA Destroyer, plus a heavy fighter bomber, think like a space F-14 Bombcat

forgot the fighter

I really like the Frigate, but I think the Abukuma Corvette needs some work. I have some screens of the interior of the Battleship Barbarossa somwhere around too

I'm trying out CMDBob's weapon pack now. Visually they look neat, but I have yet to test them out. I've tried other modpacks and they are all insanely overpowered. I know the Oki modpack has heavy firepower, but around the same range as vanilla weapons.

Your fighter looks interesting. Never seen a design like that.
There is a thruster modpack that looks exactly like that, except they have a 45° angled one.

Generall for SE I play survival with some friends, tomorrow I might make a SE server with some mods (mainly cargo ships and shit) and hsot a server for Holla Forums

Children of a Dead Earth is pretty fun in that autistic way.

Anyone remember?

I have that mod, I don't remember exactly why I didn't use the angled one, but there's a reason for it.

Here's a bunch of pictures of the interior of the Barbarossa, the cockpit has some neat readouts and shit on it now but I don't wanna spend 10 minutes loading it for like 2 pictures. Crew of ~70, 110k metric tons, and a fuckload of guns and missiles, plus two spinally mounted fuck yous

What game? is not Space Engineers, right?

How's Space Engineers coming along? I haven't played in a few months because I was having some serious performances issues since I switched from nvdia to radeon.

I think we're due for a Starship Trooper stream.

Service guarantees citizenship.

Performance is getting better, planets are playable as long as you stick to moons or keep foliage to a maximum of 0.

Enabling the air tightness option adds a nice bit of immersion if you want to make structures and ships with oxygen compatibility.

Is 17 Draconis still going ceasefire?

Are there proper enemies yet in the game?

We need another Starship troopers game.

stream yourself narrating the book instead

Starship Trooper 3 was hilariously bad but the blonde chick with the accent made my dick hard though.

right now there's a few types of "enemies"

1. fortified stations on planets
2. drones periodically spawned by said stations that head for player settlement and come in a few different flavors
3. wolf things on planets
4. alien spiders a-la starship troopers or antlions
5. unmanned pirate vessels in space

I only have the book in French.

Wonderful.

linux never ever ;_;

ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING

Awhile back I made a DS9 runabout. Sort of. I decided replicating the function was more important than the exact appearance. Modular design with three components. A cockpit block with three seats for whatever you might need multiple people for, a tractor turret, small FTL. small teleporter and basic reactors. Aft module with four bedrooms and a lounge. Drive module with heavier reactors, primary thrusters, primary FTL and some solar for good measure. Can be remotely controlled.

Sunrider. Sort of. No proper "endings" yet and full harem is off the table anyway. First two chapters are free. Third chapter costs money though and I hear they fucked up the writing in order to make the battle system better.

They didn't just fuck up the writing. The game was unoptimized as shit and turns dragged on due to excessive unit count on both sides. No harem, period They forced the MC to be with Chigara and it turns out her clones can mind control her so she becomes a mass murderer out of nowhere and causes all the main factions to kill each other in the end. Oh and the other girls either become extremely jealous or retarded They added a free update where you get some kind of epilogue of sorts. Then they released another update that lets you fuck one of the other girls (but not the military dyke) but it's a boring Choose Your Own Adventure style side thing and doesn't even help to conclude the story either

I'm told Liberation Day isn't supposed to be the end, so maybe they'll be able to salvage it. I want to hold out hope because 1. Making a TBS in fucking Ren'Py of all things is legitimately impressive (even if it just demonstrates why that is a terrible idea). 2. I actually liked the writing for the first two chapters. On the nose and cliche at times but serviceable. 3. It actually had a few ideas I haven't seen done elsewhere like flak, shield defense and the way they handled automatic weapons.

It's got some things going for it, but all of those things are in the wrong game and the wrong story. For one, fake harems are the worst and fuck any weeb who likes that shit. The ships were nice (the mecha designs were just not my taste) but most of the crew are forgotten and the pilots dress up like school girls (more weeb shit instead of presenting an interesting sci-fi setting). At least the lolis in combat are justified as being victims of chemical exposure or transhuman experiments. Basically anytime the game had a chance to be an interesting setting and game it fucks itself over because of pandering to weebs.

Ironically they didn't realize that weebs only cared about which waifu they wanted and/or getting a harem they decided to make an unoptimized game that tries to be harder than X-COM and promptly failed.

Samu went off his nut. I don't know why the story went so bonkers.

I know that feel.
Also,REGEINLAND SUPREME!

Out of impulse I decided to check out the kerberos forums.

Seems like SOTS 2 modding isn't dead and there's a mod or two that looks worth checking out.

Just FYI.

Spessgineers server when.

It'd be pretty cool to see non-space suit wearing Npc's on pirate vessels

That way you could space them

Maybe you can help me out anons. Is there a tactics type of game (X-Com, Commandos, Frozen Synapse, Syndicate, etc.) but more space centric, such as boarding enemy ships or going from planet to planet? Turn-based, plot/execute, or real time is fine.

i'll play the shit out of space engineers once survival isn't shitty.
Creative has no motivation and feels kind of cheaty while survival is a boring grindfest and lacks features from creative like mirror building because "muh realism" in an inherently heavily unrealistic game

Pulsar is kind of like that except ship boarding isn't very effective, the game is early access and has no content and the threads are dead (it's a mp game)

that's why you build shit in creative and make blueprints to use in survival

Nothing SotS2 related is worth any amount of money, not even if you got paid to play it.
Stick with the original and try to forget the sequel exists.

Aftershock and Afterlight had a few storyline missions involving boarding spaceships and stations, Aftermath had a lot of recurring missions where you had to board alien vessels. Those games are all in the X-com style, only with RTWP style gameplay where the game pauses any time some sees an alien or finishes an order (ie every 2-3 seconds, more in combat) and all those games are buggy and limited without the mods for them.
There's also old Laser Squad Nemisis, but no combat on spaceships.

Not even close. Hivers for life!

We had one last year but the game wasn't popular enough then to stay alive. We really do need a near-vanilla Holla Forums survival server or something.

so have any of you pro engineers made a fully functioning ship that looks like a penis repeatedly thrusting into a vagina when it moves?

ugh every time user links to a hentai manga its just sad tank this meme was never funny come on guys im serious right now

As you build more and come up with more stuff you'll start to develop a unique way of doing things. It'll naturally shape the design of your stuff and by using other things you've looked at that players have built, eventually you'll be better.

Oh, come on. It's not THAT bad.
With all the patches and the mods fixing some stuff, its' actually decent ATM.

I played (and modded) the shit out of SOTS1

a vagina is really complicated in that it's more of an internal organ instead of something instantly recognizable like a dick.
I did make a dickship though but it got pelted by meteors beyond repair and blueprints weren't a thing i think, either that or i didn't know they existed

git gud

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=191518587

I made one for Freespace 2 a long time ago.
It was a giant floating penis with balls that shot a super-beam cannon from the tip, called GTVA Gigant(d)ick

I still have a screesnhot of it taking a Sathans from behind stashed somewhere.

sometimes thats how animals assert dominance

ah yeah, mother fuckin Roughnecks

I have zero interest in autismbuilding without a goal. When they add actual warfare I'll be interested, until then I'll play From The Depths.

i just want to build an autistic moon base with Holla Forums

Nazi moonbase ??

moonman base

Nazi Moonman Moonbase

When can we expect pics?

You can expect this now.

From a strategic standpoint that looks easy to defend but hard to attack

Is it possible to bury most of your base under the planets surface, so only an armored hangar and a collection of AA guns sit on the surface?

from a nautical standpoint it looks like a propeller

It makes me sad that this is just a naval game. I feel like he's got the setup to work fine for space just as well.

Don't have the game, but I do know you can make under ground bases no problem

So what you are saying is we are going to crash the moon into earth and make the Bolsheviks pay for it.

What are the best weapons mods/any weapons mods I should pick up for Space Engineers, anyway?

If it follows the Roman tradition of town building then utilities are spaced part from one another, so if one section of the structure is razed or destroyed it doesn't cripple the entire complex.

The not all eggs in one basket principle. storehouses and spaces apart so the whole town doesn't starve if the one burns down. Romans were autistic like that

That's really neat and something I should try more If I wasn't so autistic when it comes to placements in rts games

if you relocate the moonbase to earth its no longer a moonbase

That's the thing about Romans. They mirrored towns like autists, if you cut a Roman town down the middle guarantee you, you'd find same buildings with same function mirrored on each side.

All the top players in games like clash of clans and shit like that deploy this very same tactic to minimize total damage and spread out important structures to avoid a catastrophic loses when those structures are clustered close together.

I have something for you.

I'll have to give it a go next time I play an rts game, thanks user.

New GWTBW never ever

11 years walking fugg that

Nothing but sorrow.

Just keep the downside in mind, namely, you have a lot more vital territory to defend suddenly, rather than having all the important stuff in one heavily defended spot.

pretty patient just to humor an unlikely bet.

my base should be somewhere down in the middle of those lakes

Don't be a faggot, user.
Drop in from orbit.

What would death squads look like in space?

Missiles.

parrotfish in exosuits

Does space engineers have any real substance to it yet? Can I wage interplanetary war with other players or is it still sit in an almost empty server building my shitty little ship?

HAAHHAAAHAHAHA

If you want that sort of thing you're better of playing Empyrion.

Canon ending.

the art style is fantastic but the humour is shitty tbqh

Like olgaf, its hit or miss.

I was mistaken anyway, the real base is just past those lakes

It's also susceptible to the common webcomic fault of ruining a joke with too many panels.

Yeah, it's the standard filler panels full of wacky emotions approach.

Another fit. Mean to write a post too.

What

Help me Holla Forums! My design was shit and ended up shooting myself. I can't shoot while turning.

Two options:
Start completely over and don't build shit.
Cry

More like State: Crying.

Why did you put the guns?

move the gatlings up or out 1 block, or just remove the bottom one nearest the cockpit

Mount weapons either on the nose or well away from the main body

A fighter needs to have guns.

Good answer. I meant to ask where though.

Are they a few blocks deep inside? Just put them on the outside and do barrel rolls.

You can see the guns by the cockpit and in the nose.

Update: The gun closest to the fuselage wasn't the only one doing damage.

drew a handy little diagram for you

That would go against the look of my usual fighters. I want a BSG fighter, not a shitty Goa'uld glider.

well you are already to fat for that so maybe you should strip it down a bit more

the nose is too long and the weapons too far back and too close the the body
you can only ever fire going stright forwards and the damage in the 2nd image makes it look like you were yawing left and right while shooting
it also shows that you removed the gun that caused most of the damage in the first image
you just have to move the guns further out from the main body and shorten the nose if you're gonna do 360s while firing

It's fat because the power needed for atmo thrusters is insane so I need multiple large reactors. Can't trim down any more.

I moved the back weapons away by one block, but now it can shoot the cockpit and destroy it. I don't have any screenshots of that fighter because there is nothing left of it.
This gives me three options:
Remove nose/ Move guns back
Remove nose/ Move cockpit back
Get rid of back guns entirely.
I'd rather not do the last because this thing will be severely outgunned.

Update: It seems everything below 300m/s doesn't do damage, but above it the ship begins to chew itself.
My ship accelerates quickly, so I will reach 300m/s in ~5 seconds.

Space Engineers is trash, absolute utter garbage.

Keen are fucking scam artists who have abandoned 2/3 games with SE following soon.

Planets were a stupid edition especially when rotors and pistons STILL DO NOT WORK.

The game needs to give programmable blocks the ability to read the messages of nearby antennae.
Then you'd be able to organize fleets of AI ships capable of talking to eachother.
A little more work, and you'd have berserkers.

maybe you should build something that works before you build something that looks good?

you can also move the back guns forwards but I doubt it would help since the projectile spawn inside and behind the guns above certain speeds
not realy, but you move so fast that by the time the projectile would "materialize" or however you would phrase it your ship would have moved ahaed of the projectile
same thing was true for rocket pods aswell, except that they almost always spawned inside the launcher even at low speeds, making them useless since they blew up your own ship
this is why I don't bother with the weapons in this game

build a large ship with gravity missiles instead

It was working well before, but I must have been going at a slower speed.

I guess that was why my fighter was gutted when I put rockets there. So you're saying that until Keen fixes their shit, my design isn't feasible?
Already done that, it isn't feasible. The lag on a server would drive an insane person even madder. It also eats your materials like a hungry bitch. Gravity generators don't work as well anymore. Since the planet update, they have been getting weaker and weaker in atmosphere.

Can you create the Aloha Oe in Space Engineer?

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=391728802
Yes

Daddy space :)

Floating in my cutie floats in space! Cute floaties in space

I chuckled. Anyone play starsector? Bases and industry soooon.

don't be silly user, they'd much rather add something fucking stupid
like planets, spiders and cyberhounds
ship guns haven't worked since they were added

grav missiles are for nuking shit from orbit, just park outside the gravity field of the planetoid and have your gravity gen gently nudge the missile inside it

asteroid belt start, with only the yellow starter ship, and meteors set to apocalypse is the only way to play the game in survival

Nuking it from orbit would have made the Aliens movie shit and you know it. You want to be in there dogfighting while your frigates battle it out.

Can I hollow out planets and make giant mining complexes ala red faction in space engineers? This is important.

Planets and asteroids are voxel-based, meaning they can be dynamically tunneled into and shit. You can feasibly drill out a cavern and fill it with structures, yeah.

The game doesn't seem to like it when you go too deep. I tried hollowing out a mountain and it doesn't render the walls of my tunnels properly. I can see through gaps to the outside.

No, yes.

I've played it cough pirate copies cough.
It's pretty good. I especially like how it handles fighters.
Overall it has a lot of potential, what with being space mountainblade.
I'd buy it if I weren't a poorfag.

Yeah but don't forget your shit will be deleted and dissapear if you dig to far.
So much for fully destructible planets.

atmospheric ships are a bigger challenge since you'll be working with lots of gravity. Never make multirole ships (well besides some basic shit if you really need protection on your cargo ship).
You either make a tiny ship or a huge one.
I recommend you put that ship of yours on a diet (remove armor, use saved weight to increase redundancy) and that you also give up on having so many guns and lights.
Then you can also make bigger use of slopes and corners to save even more weight with no decrease in defense while also keeping your ship in a lower profile
Overall i'd say it's a pretty good ship for looks but not for function, that cockpit of yours if i recall correctly has a conveyor system connector right in front so you should use that to feed the front turrets (conveyor system also has a constant power drain even when unused, it should make your ship lighter/more compact/last longer). You don't have to but you could also remove that line of armor in front of the cockpit to give room to the conveyor tubes while decreasing weight and possibly allowing you to have more batteries

How deep is too deep?

Couple miles?

yes but don't expect any sort of mining vehicle to work unless it's flying, and even then it won't work well

2.5km below "sea" level if memory serves me, but it could be a little bit more or less

I've gotten a flying miner to work well. You just need to account for the increased weight of a full payload.

Tiered thrusters mod also helps.

I don't play with mods
you shouldn't need them to get shit to work
the problem with the excavator is that it doesn't get any grip at all even though you empty out the air in the tires, set traction to maximum and load the thing up with rock and ore
it just bounces and floats around like it's in low gravity

posting this again
it can go through it's own hole with some good leeway, doesn't have a single block of armor in it's construction, can fly sideways and up with it's front pointing down and if it's empty it can go a bit upside down. The handling is actually okay unless you're full in which case it will have really bad climb rate and acceleration. You might think that with the thruster in front the visibility is really bad and you're partially right, there's an obstruction right in front of your view but i've found it doesn't really hinder piloting
It also comes fully equipped with lights, an antenna, an air vent, ore detector and it still has space for more

You'll niggas don't even autism.

It's pathetic how my Ball is better than my fighter

WHY DO ALL OF YOU REFSE YO PLAY THIS GAME WITH ME?!

You have a server?

the story was good until the whole "we are legion" bullshit, he really shoot himself on the foot with that one. Shame about the ending.

Getting /comfy/ at my base with useless, self-destructive military aircraft.

my drill broke

yes, i do actually

then post details

Discord is here: discord.gg/T6QWZ

We have only vanilla weapons available. Some special armor blocks are in play.

Server is stable and planets are there if you want.

Here's a longer link, the other will expire in 30 minutes

-_-

discord.gg/EeVrGKz

Kill yourself mate.

I'll hop on later

because the multiplayer sucks ass
couldn't walk around on a moving ship without rubberbanding into a wall and dying
couldn't catch derelict ships if you weren't the server host due to rubberbanding into a wall and dying
randomly couldn't place blocks, open inventories, grind or weld blocks due to desync
and the fact that most of you are faggots that just want to destroy other peoples shit because explosions are cool
and I only play survival in the asteroid belt on apocalypse settings, planetoids and moons are stupid and the gravity on them is funky and doesn't work so wheels are almost completely useless on them

I don't mind so much thanks to the great art, but yeah, you aren't wrong.

maybe that's why everyone refuses to play with you

Stop shilling the fucking community that has nothing to do with Holla Forums.

What do you guys think of Starmade?
Its been getting some great updates lately and has fleet mechanics in the works. I like it more than space engineers as it isn't a physics sandbox like space engineers so there is less self destruction, black holing, and general bullshit with docked entities, can also make significantly larger ships which is a huge plus.

it does the base and spaceship building better than space engineers
it does automation of crafting better than space engineers in that you have to set up a manufacturing facility
but it runs on Java

Could you explain how exactly that is a problem?

While the nigga's made strides here and there, the game runs like dessicated dog shit uphill, with much of it being blamed on the fact that it's java.

high memory and cpu usage even though nothing is going on, randomly slows down and even completely stops even though nothing is going on
you can sit in only a ship core in your starting system after the game has been running for an hour and you've done nothing and the game starts chugging even though the adjecent sectors are empty
maybe it has gotten better since last year

Fuck me the autism is unreal

can you make actual working turrets or are they just for show?

I've never encountered any performance problems so I don't really know what you are talking about. I've had over a hundred ships, from huge carriers and gunships to small drones and fighters, all slapping eachothers shit without touching my fps, and I don't exactly have a top-of-the-line computer.

Is that really a problem with java or just the game? I know Minecraft has really ruined its reputation, but as far as I know there isn't anything inherently wrong with java so long as you aren't a shit programmer like Notch.

Working turrets.

Java is for small apps and toiletgames, not so much for bigger games
it just seems to bottleneck, although that could be because every developer that has chosen to do shit in java is incompetent which has led me to associate Java with poor performance
not that I can remember any games made in java except minecraft and starmade

If the AI can use the turrets you make, then this is excellent.

Wouldn't it be fun if a bunch of Holla Forums autists got together and built a giant warship together?

In Elite Dangerous, how do I disable the ui panels that pop when I look around the cockpit?

AI can operate both turrets and ships, and you can have as many of either as you want. The only limit I know of is that you cannot have more than two entities per turret, so you cant put turrets on turrets. However, there are some clever things you can do with them since you can place floating blocks as part of an entity. The top turret on the first ship rotates around a single axis and it actually has blocks on the bottom forming another cannon, but since they are the same entity they both move and fire together at the same target while looking like two different turrets. The grey and green ring on the second ship is actually one large turret that rotates around the central axis of the disc, while not being directly connected to it so there is room on the inside for you to walk around, and the two purple bits are similar docked entities that just endlessly spin in opposite directions. There's just a lot of neat things you can do with turrets, docks, rails, and logic with a bit of imagination.

And then I notice that it has decided to leave the galaxy after attacking only a single system. Now that's what I call anticlimatic.

Here's my story.

And that's how i learned that just because some tech is old, doesn't mean its useless.

Against locusts:
- Heavy PD for the first wave
- energy absorbers or deflectors (energy variant)
- heavy long-range firepower (dumbfire torpedos or missiles)
- beams

And you are right. In SOTS, old tech can be very useful.

I'm going to fuck you in the ass!

its time for a mars mission fellow spacers

What the fuck is this, nigger?

good for those who are too stupid to build concise ships with comfy interiors and must build huge blocks.

space engineers or empyrion for everyone else.

There's no reason to be mean and call people stupid, user. Plenty of space here for everyone to get along.

Its ok, would get banned with Holla Forums again.

its not like i mind people play starmade instead, it keeps the poorly designed crap out of the games i'd rather play.

stupidity is something people need to just accept and learn to deal with, specifically by playing starmade.

Unfortunately for you stupid people like me play Space Engineers too, and all I build is giant metal boxes.

You coward! You fool!

its more unfortunate for you really, since your metal boxes will perform like garbage. at least in starmade you could make something decent even as a box

Just try to build a boat

I've also made a lot of vehicles in minecraft so that helped

Say that to my Baneblade fucker and not online!

now that gave me inspiration, a flying cruiser.
I always wanted a flying aircraft carrier

i wonder if i can make it self sustaining though. i.e able to keep an always increasing charge level while being stationary in the skies, an air base would be awesome

Real talk guys, is there a BGS in ED or is it some guy moving random numbers on his spare time?

I have the box set of this series, I fuckin loved this shit, and I still do.

Is this game worth a buy?

I don't buy early access games but when they had a free week-end a couple of months ago I had a lot of fun with it.

Link to the complaints thread?

Also what faction was the group planning on going? I'm pretty independent at the moment and could be swayed to most sides (I kinda don't like the Empire though, I think Goons play there)

What's that turret on the bottom from?

A turret from CMDBob's weapons pack.

Don't worry, the bigger ones can be killed.
Mind you, that will just attract the attention of an even bigger and nastier one that will eat the whole planet.

one of the cargo ships mods I used had a aircraft carrier as a space ship

we ended up using it to hold all the single man fighters we captured or designed

Gotta ask, how many people who play SE do survival?

i like survival because it gives things meaning. a little bit but copy pasta ships just ruins things for me. i do lay out new ships and use projectors to construct them thew so i use creative for that.

a mining platform?

Suddenly I want to make a Helicarrier

Endless Space any good? I have it, never gotten around to playing it.

I recently found out you can just sit on a star to fuel scoop. I feel like a retard. Now I scoop like crazy and don't over heat. I also set my map to show only scoop-able stars. Now long range trade missions are easier. Wow.

And if you want to build something else you build another one? Just put engines on drills and fly with style.

WHAAAAATTT

user you dummy.

Von Neuman probes?

They only have phaser PD and the decomposition beam.

The decomposition beam reduces the HP of your ship (ho high HP and high DPS is best defense) and stores the materials in the probe. If the probes attacks the planet, it will strip minerals from it.

NOTE THAT ANY PROBE THAT RETURNS TO THE MOTHERSHIP WILL OFF-LOAD THE MATERIALS TO IT, SO IT CAN REPAIR ITSELF AND PRODUCE MORE PROBES.

Fuck up the probes before they can return. Starve the VN of materials.

Over time you might discover the VN "Homeworld". If you go there you will discover that they are building…something.
Won't spoil the fun.
Just be ready for one hell of a fight.

Starmade of SE?

Which one is better for making big custom ships? With custom turrets?

Yup… I scoop at a high rate now and my heat doesn't go over 65%.

After 120 hours I just learned this…

Starmade

starmade hands down
you can do things in starmade that would make your ship blow up if you tried it in space engineers

In Elite Dangerous, how do I disable the ui panels that pop when I look around the cockpit?

have tried going through the options menu and read every entry?
or tried googlin it?

Yes, and can't find anything, which is why I'm asking here. I'm just trying to see if anyone here knows how to disable the panels.

no you didn't, it's the first search result

There's nothing.

Just want to repeat. I want to disable the PANELS that pop up when looking around the cockpit. Not all the UI interface. The PANELS.

I remember that planet…
I went against it with anti matter era dreadnoughts toting meson beam cannons and anti matter torpedoes and anti matter cannons and of course cutting beams.
The whole battle was just a giant mess, dreaddys popping here and there and VN machinations turning to scrap left and right.

That's something else.

Ctrl-alt-g
That 2nd result would probably of brought it up.

that post gives you the name of what you want to change, UI panel focus in freelook
use the same search on GOOGLE and you'll find it
lmgtfy.com/?q=Elite dangerous disable side panels

I'm (almost) sold.

SE does seem to have better fight effects and better player model and ship interiors.

its more effisent at the volume that i'm tryting to work at as its next to imposible at start to make a large mining ship. while it is simple enough to produce a mining platform that can work at a scale beond what a small ship can do. so you park one above a conjunction of 3 different ores in this case silica iorn and nickle. witch i need in mass to produce enough motors to make a large atmospheric ship of any type.

Also Starmade is free last I checked, the steam version is an optional 5$ payment for it.

Also nice for me since steam downloads don't count towards my tiny Aussie limit

You aussies are some poor fucking guys, do you know that?
I wonder when you guys'll be in space.

Space would come to them

Making Space for the Spacenoids and Free From Kebab when?

Turning Australian waifus into orphans is bad user

Just a prank bro

Do they even HAVE any waifu's down there that aren't giant man eating spiders, snakes with venom that could kill you a thousand times over with a single bite and anger management issues, meter long centipedes that drool cyanide and crocodiles so big they can sink boats. Also psychotic birds that can kick through car doors and want nothing but to kill every person they see, can't forget those…
You know, the more you think about it, the more wiping that continent straight off the planets surface would seem like doing the rest of the planets inhabitants a service…

Well she loved her home and her parents and it's all gone thanks to spacenoids

Blame the EFF

in a bid to protect Jaburo the EFSF fleet that attempted to stop Operation British didn't destroy the colony but diverted it's course. Because of the destruction of Sydney, most of Australia was less than sympathetic to the EFF forces

Space jew detected, This is a feddie thread

Fuck.

Considering that the Titans went and nuked jaburo, I think the EFF could've taken the hit

Also the EFF breached neutrality pacts with the sides by constructing suits within two neutral sides (side 7 and side 6 respectively)

We get into zeta era and we get the titans who are a branch of the EFF and conducted gassing of a protest against the earth federation government.

Zeta era had EFF by proxy committing lots of acts of terrorism (Attempted colony drop on Von Braun, the construction of Gryps II)

No guys Earth is totally the good guys.

pick one

The only one who was ever objectively wrong about nearly everything was Char and his eco bullshit. His only proof to corrupt Earthnoids' pollution causing irreversible damage to Earth (any more than colony drops could cause) is that the deserts in West Africa are expanding…within West Africa. Don't know if that was dub fuckup but then he decides Earth "won't last like this" and tries to bomb it twice with asteroids in order to "preserve" Earth and it became less about the Federation and their fuckups with the Titans or even his rivalry with Amuro. He just went full retard and I cannot fathom what the hell was going on in his head throughout Zeta and CCA.

Doesn't the manga prevent the Jupiter colonies from being one of the last comfy safe havens away from any wars?

her face says
DON'T COVER ME OR MY SON EVER AGAIN

Well Char was a giant fucking cunt, but the Earth was degrading. That was the whole reason for pushing people into outer space. The African deserts were spearing. I also wanna say in the Return of Johnny Ridden manga they talked about a project to create artificial islands to help heal the environment. Can't remember if that was because of the colonies dropping or not.

How is Empyrion? Worth checking out? I remember hearing about some half-finished Early Access slav game where you could build a colony and get people to join, make them work for you, and do really amazing custom ships in an editor that looked more like CAD than anything else. Is that Empyrion, or am I thinking of something else?

I've got a buddy who's been playing it since 4/v/ first discovered it years back, and is still playing. Schema is slow as fuck with actually fixing anything, and keeps tacking on new features.

I played it like a madman, broke the game several times, found lots of easily exploitable bugs, had tons of fun, then ran out of autism.

If anyone can tell me where they are so i can stop wasting my time, i just want to go back to smuggling.

I don't think so. I think you're thinking of Planet Explorers which is embed related. (Skip to 1:13)

Empyrion seems to be more like what Space Engineers wishes it were.

I wish Scrumbleship would be finished already.

That seems like it with the vehicle creation and whatnot, but that wasn't the name. I remember that the graphics were pretty terrible, and there was a thread on Holla Forums that some guy kept constantly bumping with pictures of his base. He built a monorail linking two of his colonies.

Fuck, I wish I could remember more about it.

It also had really customizeable weapon building, I think it was the same 3d system that was used for vehicles.

I can't play more than an hour of that game, everything is so boring, lifeless and sterile.

It makes nice wallpapers though.

Planet Explorers has that too. See embed related.

I think I recall that. I also believe it was planet explorers but I don't know for sure.

With the exception of the first and third things Zeon did most of the things on the list as well you dirty lying zeek

Nuking your base to stop the terrorists from taking it is a small price to pay

And Zeon breached the Antarctic treaty during the war

They were an autonomous peace keeping core and once their action were revealed they were told to shut down

and almost every zeon branch ever tried to drop something on earth

Don't listen to those zeeks user the EFF will protect you

Man, maybe it was Planet Explorers. Shit, I could have sworn that it used a different name.

Can you get NPCs to populate your base and do resource collection and shit for you?

I'll pick both

But is there any proof of environmental damage to Earth aside from the damage caused by colony drops? They don't go out of their way to outright show it and the only one who talks about it at length is Char. But Char is a lying, backstabbing fuckwit and nothing he says should be trusted.

And speaking of Char, why does he continue to be relevant after the One Year War? He already satisfied his revenge (though of the two people he killed, Garma was a kid when all his childhood shit went down and had nothing to do any of that, and Kycilla killed the guy who either was the one who killed Deikun or was just the son of the man who killed Deikun that he ended up killing himself, of course Kycilla tried to kill Char several times herself), he sides with AEUG and Karaba (mostly comprised of veteran EFSF that fought him before) as an excuse to kill more Feddies and go on eco rants. When AEUG tries siding with Zeon remnants he fucks it up by chimping out over Haman using Mineva as a puppet (which is rich considering the way he treated Garma and Lalah) and suddenly every story after Zeta has Zekes look at Char like he's a messiah all because he used to be good flying red-painted robots that one time and he's the son of Zeon Deikun.

He's angry that Amuro banged his only sister and now he is getting a nephew

Everyone knows the best waifu is haman karn.

Not even close, I could never understand how people could like her even before I knew she was a manipulative whore

According to steam forums? Yes. But they need the appropriate skill.

Who would you rather have as a waifu? Christina Mackenzie?

Haman is the only right choice.

She will never love you and even if she did she would leave as soon as char calls her over

fug, I thought Dauphong seeded all his stuff

I thought that only happens in the books where he died in and Char was just butthurt that he helped Lalah have a threesome'^)

uh wut? Ships can be propelled be built out of metal, propelled by jet engines, and use hydrofoils to reduce drag. And you can use electric engines, not just custom built combustion engines for power.

I know exactly what you mean. I try and increase my draw to it by flying without the assist. Granted it's useless during FTL but meh.
Hopefully walking around will change that, but walking around ships/stations will probably be one of the last things they implement as its a space flight sim first and foremost.

FDev seems to be mostly incompetent. Take the Engineers for example, it is multiple layers of RNG dropped one above the others. It is the simplest of the solution to a crafting mechanic, they didn't even try to develop it.

I very much doubt we'll get walking around, and even if we get it, it will probably be implemented in a retarded way.

AEUG took rather less extreme measures than the Titans, remember Titans even used civilians to try and further their goals

Most of the engineer changes are pve shit that shouldn't of been put into a game where you can shoot others.

The upgrading/rolls at this point is easy as of the last change to the materials required.Collect enough for five rolls and bam you'll hit a solid roll or better. The RNG is overblown, leftovers from the older system. It's been a life saver to several ships that normally wouldn't stand a chance at being used. Dropship for example makes an excellent ship with the right upgrades to help solve it's issues. Of course it also makes any of the better ships like the FDL brokenly strong.
FDev has a grand idea, but is too busy working on all those ideas to bother fixing a lot of the ideas in the game now that could use fixing. They act like they know the problems but they just really want to work on the next big feature instead.

They could start by fixing their completely broken netcode.

The list is way too big…
>You can still have ranks in both the Empire and the Federation makes so much sense
>Earning credits even with all the changes is still tiresome and not fun

But don't ya want ship launched fighters?! OF COURSE YOU DO! It's a joke. The fighters are a joke. They should of just skipped it for multicrew. It's neat, but they are effectively worthless and the ships that can use them either don't need them or won't fit them for reasons of capacity. Also Passanger missions while decently paying are just long range trading. Hell if that was a replacement for sothis bullshit I'd be happy with it.

Why should they give you interesting missions when they can just redesign the existing ones?
The only thing that really really hurts me is that powerplay had so much potential it's unbelievable. It could've added so much depth to the game especially with the imminent Thargoids

Not sure if anyone has replied yet, but 4chan's /vg/ has an Engineering Games General, and a space engineers server is hosted by one of the regulars.

At the moment it's on devbuild to take advantage of increased admin powers. Take a look if you wanta good server, but read them rules ya nerd.

That is Planet Explorers.
It has everything you listed.

Nah, they don't NEED the skill, the skill just gives them a bonus. You can assign any colonist to any task - some are just better at it then others.

I need some decent weapons mods for Space Engineers.
I'm getting tired of the frankly rather shitty missiles and miniguns. Want to hook up some proper shit, like railguns, lasers, and that jazz.

Also, anyone else having issues with the catalog? It's going 404 on me,

store.steampowered.com/app/402710/

I think this was shown at E3 at some point?

Thoughts?

What about particle beam cannons?
Kamikaze drones?
Relatavistic missiles?
Rigging up an FTL drive to misfire and punch holes in reality?
Using artificial gravity systems to crush enemy ships?
Why would any game about building spaceships not have these things?

And yes, the catalog on Holla Forums has been 404'ing for the last 2 and a half hours.

Build a weapon bigger than your target.

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=752716807
MACs for ships

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=598138548
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=654413938
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=668044165
Star Wars weapons

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=551437556
Phaser beam weapons

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=543635673
A bunch of cannons and turrets

Just browse the workshop for shit if you need more.

If I had 30$ to drop perhaps. Probably should wait for a 1.0 release. Or a pirateable version.

I'd add "intentionally overloaded reactor cores" to that list. Sounds like fun.

Thanks bruv. Guess I probably should've dug around there first, though it can be a dab of a pain to sort through.

Very shiny looking with an alright baseline engine & content framework so far, but very little content. Looks like A.R.K with aliens instead of dinosaurs and not quite as much hideous grinding and Korean tame times. Definitely worth keeping tabs on, but they need to add some more to chew on if they want people to buy in, all that's there is the just-above-mockup content which they just showed off, although said mockup is polished.

Is that ethical? Does the Space Geneva Convention have anything to say on that? Are there space ethics to begin with?

Really, though, hearing an idea like that, I am reminded that we need something along the lines of or better yet exceeding the From the Depths weapon system set within a Starmade-level worldgen without the Java bloat, with some kind of half decent AI state simulation. I want nothing more than modular ballistic modeling systems with some very light simulation elements ala War Thunder armor & flight modeling. Boxel by boxel destruction with static weapons or else modular if cuby weapons just doesn't do it for me, I need more parameters to obsessively tweak. In fact, tweaking things in Empyrion with the limited shapes and block facing system is downright frustrating. Why not draw boundary shapes instead for basic materials, with an additional control of the material thickness? Component items like computers can have their effectiveness calculated by volume & quality, meanwhile, if one doesn't want to branch into the lion's den of just about 1:1 scale design work in the engineering screen that manifest as simplified entities with the statistics derived from said design work. We're already moving out from box shapes for the terrain, so the fact no one is messing with bounds over boxes and entity class design over static entity entries is rather confusing to me.

Armor layout should be more than just ablation and armament should be a technically minded thing with good thought given to the role of the vessel or vehicle one is making, and there should be some actual warfare & logistical chains already, not braindead pirate drones, walk-forward-til-they-drop fauna and unindustrial personal resource harvesting, whether from mining deposits or gamily farming spawned NPC bases. I want to make needley pocket capital ships with armor-grade whipple shielding for absurd spaced armor gains, design-centric spinal guns and fat dual purpose batteries to punch up as far above their weight class as possible, interatmospheric flying wings to dump rods from god in high orbit & tactical nukes in low, and AFVs constructed with as many 60 degree angles as is physically possible and slinging heinous war crime-tier HE-FRAG ammunition into swarms of gormless enemy infantry. I want to have dumb but very much functional NPCs under my command, to form into an effective chain of command in a combined arms force with a stupidly large blueprint catalogue and painstakingly optimized small arms that are nonetheless produced on the cheap, designed just so that they meet a safe standard of engineering without any flab whatsoever. I want to wage bloody, unceasing war on filthy space bugs & murderous Steam friend star communes who're purging the poor solo PvE pubber bastards just because they can get away with it. I want to stage a fucking colony drop and get banned from an entire server for assaulting, boarding and crashing the admins' star fortress into his autistic supercity along with the server from the sheer strain on the physics engine, with the factional war machine I have made ravaging all other would-be arch autists and protecting the benign shitters under its wings until it is forcibly removed by console commands. I want my war, and I want it now.

God damn I hate idea guying this hard. There was a really shitty game that almost fit this bill in all respects but the accurate simulism which Holla Forums crashed back in the day, wasn't there? What was it? The one with the backstabbing Rusky federation and the corrupt moderator, which is just about dead these days? I'm drawing a blank on it, but I remember a storytime on the subject very distinctly.

There's an option in controls so that you can set "Looking at panel" to "Does nothing". This doesn't disable it when you use the UI focus button like normal.

More like David 'the vision' Braben and Chris 'concept sale' Roberts.

ED has the strangest community.

What gives?

It's starting to look more promising but I've been lied to too many times. Also this idea of not being able to build structure with which you can mine large area's, but have to mine manually with your "speceul tool" is a little, meh?

Here is my space station right above where my land base is. A fortified asteroid with guns in every corner.

Maybe because you spelled it wrong

I have been getting an itch to play again, Might crash another red ship, although this Time I want to use a wings and speed mod.

Powerplay is what happened when Frontier realized how engaging the EVE player corps and their wars are, and wanted to capture that amazingness for Elite, but had to strip out anything the forumdads wouldn't like, which was basically everything.

Looks really good user

look it up. It's a ps4 game tough luck user.

Making a new thread now

I've been waiting for 20 minutes user. I know quadriplegic cripples faster than you.

Wasn't there one like a couple hours ago?

I am posting now

NEW THREAD

Sorry I got lost on a feel trip