Twin Saga

I started playing this like on day ago, and yes, at this point I accepted that all mmorpgs went to shit a few years ago, free 2 play or not.

So, accepting all of this, I just play new mmorpgs for exploring, enjoying the comfy music, and generally just getting out of this real world for a short while. And I want to ask if any of you played Twin Saga, and what do you think about it.

I'll just post some Twin Saga stuff, because holy shit this game is just so comfy. Maybe I'll get some of you to play it, it's fun if you don't expect a hard mmorpg or anything innovative. It also has good quest stories, even if they are the standard "get 10x rabbit dicks". It has great music and a very nice art style.

why does Holla Forums get so many industry shills when then industry hates us?

Because not everyone's a shill you retard. I want to talk about the game because I like it, tell me, how often have you seen this game advertised around here lately?

sorry user, thats beyond cancer, thats terminal

yeah that shit gets annoying
Fucking retards.

saging for offtopic.

I know… I don't expect this game to last more than a few months. Also from what I see this game is pretty much a copy of their previous games, Aura Kingdom, Eden Eternal and maybe more. They are pretty much using the same engine and change the maps, quests, and minor things like that.

But either way, I just like walking around in this game since I really like the map and art style. Once I hit max level there's no reason to play anymore.

I tried to find decent mmorpgs but I can't. WoW nostalrius died, DFO is so damn easy that I never ever die and I get incredibly bored, and there was no reason to join parties. Now I only play mmorpgs once in a while not expecting much.

Just another potentially comfy MMORPG ruined by korean greed.

I have to wonder why they even bother developing them at this point, an anime themed slot machine you played for dressup items on an avatar with a chatbox would earn just as much money and be far less costly to maintain and develop and that is all they seem to be interested in these days.

It's just fucking stupid because you don't have anyone to talk with because they aren't discussing the latest trends. There aren't enough fingers on my hands to count the actual popular shilled games on the catalog, but if you bring up a relatively unknown game and say something good about it you are a shill. It's always been this way, and these retards never change.

I know how you feel.
Hell, I still remember my old chars lost in the aether.

…I wonder if they live in their own little version of the game, as happy townsfolk.

Because money. If you had a great mmorpg engine and a team to make newer mmorpgs with not a lot of effort, you'd probably do it. People play it for a few months, the company earns a maybe half a million dollars from it. I suppose there are companies that once tried to make a great game, put a ton of effort into it, and then no one actually cared. So they gave up and kept rehashing it, so eventually someone would be interested in one of the rehashed games. A good way to make money, but without integrity.

This is exactly how I feel about when I think about some mmorpg I played, they're like little worlds. And they will eventually become forgotten, and the times when thousands of players were roaming around in the city are just memories. It's kind of sad actually. But it makes me appreciate the effort put into creating a memorable mmorpg world.

Just admit you like looking at panties, comfy my ass.

I hope this music explains what I feel when I visit some mmorpg world, I see players going around their business, great music is playing, and I stare at the fantastic map. And then at some point the game will die, and you wish to go back to it but you can't.

Looking at panties is comfy!

I know that feel, every thread I make about roguelikes gets derailed by people who want to argue about what is a roguelike, and people who say I'm shilling for free and open source games.

You gotta roll with the punches sometimes.

they are still there, poor things, i sometimes feel bad for em

Apparently the secret world is western, that explains everything. I bet even WoW is cucked beyond death now. I miss when I could PK someone, steal their stuff and call them a weak faggot. And nothing happened.

You posted the wrong song, fam.

Hard to choose, but I downloaded the whole soundtrack anyway. Also, here's one that brings up too much nostalgia to me.

Also, do any of you sometimes check up forums of mmorpgs you played a long time ago?

The funny thing is that I might have been able to overlook everything but the last part. I'll stick with PSO2.

That's free to play, it depends if you can tolerate it or not.

It's the standard mmorpg stuff, there's no reason to post webms of me pressing 1 and 2.

Trust me, it's probably the only thing that the game does well, but the graphics are amazing. Turn it to ultra and play it at a high resolution. My bad quality mp4s or screenshots from 1440x900 doesn't do it justice. It's not realistic but it really has a great art style.

And yeah, Aeria sucks. Is PSO 2 really good though? I'd play it but from what I remember it's dungeon based, meaning that you can't freely explore, and interacting with people is pretty much just an option since you can play it alone. What do you like about it? Has anything changed lately from a few years ago?

It's still the same lobby based game as a few years back. It has a shitload of things to do now, and Sega makes attempts to keep older content relevant to some degree. The real reason I keep playing is definitely the combat, though. It's rare to find fast, fluid, action combat in an online game, and there are ways to customize your attacks to give them different functionality now, which lets you alter how you fight even with the same photon art compared to other players. Also, the random events during any given mission do wonders for keeping runs from feeling the same. One run might be a quiet cakewalk, while another in the exact same location turns into a guantlet where you fight multiple bosses at once. Lots of people say the randomness is a bad thing, but having played games with both random and static spawns, I much prefer random.
Another huge thing PSO2 has going for it is the customization. The game starts with a character creator that should be an industry standard. I like to point out that it has dedicated sliders exclusively for breasts and ass. The only game with a creator that even comes close to PSO2's is Illusion's latest game, Honey Select. Sega also updated the dress up in the beginning of the year to allow players to mix and match any underwear (yes, turns out underwear really was rendered for every outfit as Sega claimed), base wear (jeans and t-shirt, business suit and slacks, ect.), and outer wear (coat, sweater, business suit, ect.). No two players look alike in PSO2.

Great, I'd love a good combat system and decent customization that doesn't require a buttload of cash. And I do miss actually being in danger of dying, if it has that then it's awesome. But honestly, exploration is also a very important thing for me, you know, just free roaming and meeting players.

Does the game push you into getting getting in parties? Is it important to be in a party?

the only way I'd humor an MMO today is if there are cuteboy characters with cute/skimpy clothes.

Excuse me?

Customization doesn't require a penny of real money in PSO2. If you do your daily missions and weekly time attack orders, you'll always have more than enough money to buy anything you might want from other players.

This, unfortunately, is not going to happen in PSO2 unless you solo, and even then, it won't happen much unless you really fuck up. The director and producer have both acknowledged this as a problem, but they don't do anything about it because they know hard content will just chase off the casuals that pour money into the dress up lottos.

There's currently only two kinds of content that require a party: emergency quests and challenge quests. The only reason a party is required for either is because bosses have so much HP that a solo player is highly unlikely to be able to meet the DPS requirements in the mission's time limit. In that sense, yes, emergency quests and challenge quests require a party.

PSO2. Seriously, you can make the trappiest looking trap that ever trapped, and put him in a speedo.

God damn it. Every company does this and I think this is actually killing mmorpgs today. Everything is just too damn easy, and it gets too boring. I can't seem to find a single hard mmorpg.

So basically, you will solo most of the time but when it comes to bosses you must once in a while get a party.

But if it's dungeon based, where can you show off your cool loot and look out of place enar players? Is there some market or something where people run around and sell stuff? Is there an arena in the game? I also like when you can step in arenas and just pick on whoever you want, that would be cool.

Why does reddit like to say the word shill?

The last hard MMORPG was Shin Megami Tensei Imagine, which died back in May of this year, and the difficulty was more for the sake of giving a reason for players to buy the cash shop gear than as a genuine challenge.

The lobby. This is really the only area for socialization and showing off your gear in PSO2. Also important to mention here is that gear and appearance are strictly separated in PSO2, so you won't wow anyone just with looks unless your character is really attractive.

There's no PvP in PSO2, and if they implemented it, they would likely use the challenge mission system that puts everyone on equal footing by temporarily removing their gear. That wouldn't be popular since most people who like PvP do it more to harass new players than have actual challenges with other players of equal gear level. A player survey had a question that asked if players wanted PvP, but nothing ever came of it.

It doesn't sound like a bad mmorpg, guess I'll give it a try and play it occasionally, just like Twin Saga. I wonder if it still needs that unofficial english patch or not. Can you tell me just what is the server that most people play on?

If you mean the English speaking population, that's ship 2. Just be aware that the cancer level there is so severe that the Japanese had a mass exodus and actually paid to have their characters moved to a new server. This is significant because moving a character means you can only take whatever you can fit in your 50 base inventory slots + whatever slots you might have paid to expand. Many don't pay for that and chose to abandon hundreds of slots worth of gear, clothes, and consumables (like rare drop boosters) just to get away from the cancer.

That sounds hilarious because I can just imagine how cringy the BR BR, jaja type of players are, but at the same time sad because I'm grouped with them.

Do you play on the english server?

I still play Champions online, its shit, but whatever

Doesn't look too bad to me, just wished there was a medieval-ish version of it

No. I actively try to avoid English speakers on JP games because the JPs love guilt by association.

Well, thanks anyway for the responses. I gotta try the game then.

I just want to point out that PSO2 is not a fucking mmo in most meanings of the terms.
It's basically diablo 1 with cuhrayzee combat and always online requirement.
The rest of the info is pretty accurate.

I get you, it's more dungeon based. There's just one thing that really matters to me the most in a mmorpg, it has to make you want to interact with people, otherwise you might as well play a single player game. If PSO 2 does that then it does it's job.

I was thinking of trying out PSO2 for nostalgia's sake. Is most of the important stuff translated?

Yes. Story translation is as always a few chapters behind the latest update, but it was like this since the beginning.

I'd rather have game to give me a choice instead of forcing me down one path or another. PSO2 gives you such choice.
You can run end-game emergencies (raids) with random people and suffer for 30 minutes just to fail the last moments, or get luck and win it relatively easily. Or you can co-operate with people and have actual fun. It's up to you.

This game looks like shit anything you said makes it sound appealing.

What's the song in this?

Fuck you too.

It's the in game OST, it's seriously comfy as hell.

Let me post another more song, the ost is just really good. I don't know how but most mmorpgs have great OSTs, probably to make you feel great while playing and keep coming back to it.