Post games everyone have to play.
Post comfy ps1 games.
Post the deepest lore of shit gems that ever exist on ps1

also, psx or ps1 or psone?

Reminder that this is a thing now.

bump!

doesnt user play ps1?

PS1 emulation? It's been a thing for years

I had a PS1 growing up, but was never allowed much for it beyond a handful of games (that wasn't an issue exclusive to the PS1 for me either; pretty much any system I had back then), so there's a lot of stuff I've only played for the first time recently. Thankfully a lot of stuff works find as eboots on the PSP.

Future Cop L.A.P.D., G-Police, Ace Combat the list could go on

Obligatory

you triggerin my autism mane

Some of these games are already ported to PC IIRC. Also MK4 was released on PS1? Holy shit I still feel like it was released recently

He's posting a compressed one from somewhere. The actual thing was close to 8 MB at the time that version was made. I would know, I made it.

As for being a jpg, a PNG would have been over the filesize limitations.

There's still a movie theater around where I am with a MK4 arcade cabinet. Never seen anyone using it though.

also i'm the guy who wanted you to post the original of some other chart a while ago.
Anyway if it's not too much to ask can you post all of the charts that don't fit the new file size limit so i can see if i can optimize them?

It took me a good while to actually play this since I was a dumb kid who got spooked by the cover. Never beat it, but I intend to go back someday.

There's been a lot of threads lately about those, so I'll just link this for you to dig around in. Just check the version numbers and file sizes on the ones in there; if it's close to 8 MB it should be the minimally compressed ones.

It is worth noting though that Codemonkey's since bumped the max filesize limit to 12 MB per post, so I might start doing less compression on any of these in the future.

Emulation sure, but PGXP and overclocking not so much.

scrubs

Can't speak personally for Legend of Dragoon, but from what I've seen, it seems pretty love it or hate it among anons. I suppose I should give it a go sometime though.

What a shit list excluding the best SF game like that

No one had brought that one up before. I can add a tab for it in the future.

What is PGXP?

for what purpose

Please do, more people need to play it. It's everything SF4 and SFV should have been but released 17 years earlier.

You know how the models are all jiggly because the 3D hardware in the PS1 is shit?
That's gone, and without as much drawbacks as previous hacks.
It also changes the way texture mapping was done on PS1 and replace it with perspective correct texture mapping (pic related)

You know how some game would have heavy slowdown in some cases?
This is why you might want overclocking, some games work better with it (G-police, C-12, Ape Escape, Silent Hill, MGS etc), not all though.

Got to love it when every apparent image for a game cover is based off the same single scan. Had to rotate it slightly and then crop the yellow from the side, and every image I checked had the same issue with no being scanned straight on and had yellow to the left.

I haven't really followed fighting games that much, did that one have features to it that they didn't decide to make mainline but should have, instead leaving them exclusive to that version or something?

Sometimes I think I'm the only one

bump

ya'll casuals