I can't enjoy any video games any more

Can anyone help? Everything just feels so stale. If something isn't perfect I can't seem to enjoy it.

Other urls found in this thread:

mangahere.co/manga/himawari_memory/
mangahere.co/manga/how_i_stalked_some_dude_with_an_exposed_nipple_and_stumbled_upon_the_zenithian_sword/
mangahere.co/manga/dungeon_meshi/
mangahere.co/manga/spirit_migration/
mangahere.co/manga/world_customize_creator/
mangahere.co/manga/re_monster/
mangahere.co/manga/knights_magic/
mangahere.co/manga/dungeon_seeker/
mangahere.co/manga/toaru_ossan_no_vrmmo_katsudouki/
mangahere.co/manga/only_sense_online/
mangahere.co/manga/tsuyokute_new_saga/
mangahere.co/manga/tate_no_yuusha_no_nariagari/
mangahere.co/manga/yuusha_ga_shinda/
mangahere.co/manga/the_new_gate/
mangahere.co/manga/isekai_maou_to_shoukan_shoujo_dorei_majutsu/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Stop playing games for some time, find something else to do

Find a perfect game, duh.

Get a real hobby.

If you don't have one get a job. Once you have some cash find an older game that has an interesting way to play that you yourself haven't played before. I did this and got myself Gitaroo Man, Roll Away, and JSRF.

I make models but I don't feel the energy to do that either. I think I'm just depressed. Sorry, guess this was a stupid topic.

I had the same problem then I bought a WiiU and played some nip games and I was fine

Find an alternative hobby, one that doesn't involve posting on imageboards. I for example, took up archery and model building. Now i'm tired of both and renewed my zest for gaming again.

I can recommend going walking for eight hours or so, packing some light lunch. Sometimes you need to get out of your comfort zone to appreciate it.

Ever since I started working full time and barely have any time for video games I found myself enjoying games again. Find yourself a part time job to take your mind away from things, or go on walks i don't care.

Same, I'm a perpetual state of boredom.

I fucking hate video games yet I browse and shitpost on this board daily. End me

You've leveled up. Head on over to Holla Forums and begin your next quest.

Find some books to read.

Play Touhou. It's the final frontier.

Welcome to Holla Forums

Go do something else, like lifting weights or running.

I dropped out of college and got a lot of shit from SJW game development majors. I got a simple job and work pretty often (Today is basically my first day off in two weeks). I go skateboarding almost daily, it's a good outlet and a supportive hobby. The problem is, when someone says "video games," I either think normalfags, modern stagnation or trendy hipsters and bullies. It's a lot of negative things to associate with it. In reality, THPS is what got me into video games. Now I'm trying to force myself through RE4 in attempts to like it.
Does anyone feel so tired and indifferent with life and personal interests that they just feel like they're just slowly waiting to die? Like life is one big bus stop. I guess aimless is a good way to describe it. I feel like I'm trying everything to stay involved and active, but nothing works.

Shadilay

Start reading books and playing older games

Sorry, not for me

I think what you're telling me is you're not unsatisfied with vidya, you're unsatisfied with life.There must be something you want in life.

Have you tried Depression Quest?

Are there any libraries or titles you've never touched? Maybe it's time. Get a large/complete arcade collection, play random titles and see what kind of weird shit you can find. No recommended games, no research.
Anything that you don't have a preconception of would probably work. Something like the Amiga's got a shitload of games that are largely unknown, but arcade games might work better because of their approachability, and the shit to not-shit game ratio.

Or make a disciplined decision to git gud at something. Real good.

I did that once. It was an interesting time. Picked a road and kept goin', heading roughly south when it split, changed my mind at some point and started following a railroad, ended up in a little town I had never heard of by sundown.

Had waffles in a small diner, and the staff there were a lot more talkative than I was used to. Apparently they don't get many folks who aren't locals, aside from gypsy fucks who keep showing up and trying to run off without paying.

I'd recommend committing to getting a cab or something for the way back so you don't have to pay any mind to how you're going to get back.
Or, you know, railway. There'll be a train to get you back when you hit a place worthy of calling the conclusion of your day.

Go exercise, user. Get out in the sun. Having some physical activity and vitamin D will help.

I don't know how this pans out for most people, but when I'm bored of video games I try and find some long series of games (Metal Gear, Dark Forces/Jedi Knight/Academy etc.) and play that to completion.
That way I'm 100% knowledgable on a completely new thing and I actually have a goal in mind the whole way.
It has more than once made me like video games again.

Find a new hobby for about a year.
Become a yo-yo wizard.

My guess is you're depressed. But I'm not a psychiatrist.
Fixing it is hellish. Best of luck OP.

This. You thrive on differences. Eat steak every day for a month. You'll get fucking sick of it.

Only solution I found is winning the lottery. But I haven't won the lottery.

Why not get into funs? That way you can prepare for the enevitable war with mexico?

STEP 1
Stop playing games.

STEP 2
Repeat STEP 1 for at least a month, preferably three.

STEP 3
Play good games. Not the ones people recommend, the ones you love. Like Lego Racers or Shantae. Or Worms 2. Just whatever you grew up with and loved and has aged well (Wario land 3 is a bit too slow for me now).

stop being such a faggot. if you don't like the games out now, just make your own.

i stopped playing videogames and started watching anime

Just give up on gaming.

It's going the same way as hollywood atm. Games are just going to be nothing but shallow content with marxist propaganda from this point on.

That's not a change for the better. What does an average Holla Forumsack do in terms of self-improvement?

This TBH.
If you're sick of vidya, why the fuck are you here? GB2 /r9k/ and scrounge for screencaps you can post to reddit, or whatever it is you faggots do.

Bad idea if you're trying to wring some pleasure out of life. Shit's so bad right now that if you knew even a tenth of how fucked everything is going to get, you'd want to suck start a shotgun more than playing a new game.

MANGA TIME!

Himawari Memory
mangahere.co/manga/himawari_memory/
What do NPCs do when the players go to sleep? WARNING, IT IS MADE OF FEELS.

How I stalked some dude with an exposed nipple and stumbled upon the Zenithian Sword
mangahere.co/manga/how_i_stalked_some_dude_with_an_exposed_nipple_and_stumbled_upon_the_zenithian_sword/
It is highly recommended that you play Dragon Quest V (translated SNES version, not the shitty DS version waeith steupahd ahcksents) before reading this. It will greatly enhance your understanding of the story, and add more weight to some of the events, and even some of the seemingly random comments.

Dungeon Meshi
mangahere.co/manga/dungeon_meshi/
After a battle gone horribly wrong, our intrepid adventurers delve into the depths to mount a rescue, with little in the way of supplies. How can one find provisions in the dank depths of the dungeons? Which wine goes best with cockatrice? Warning, you will hunger for foods that can never exist.

Spirit Migration
mangahere.co/manga/spirit_migration/
A spooky ghost with intelligence finds that it can possess lesser beasts in a dungeon, and stuff happens.

World Customize Creator
mangahere.co/manga/world_customize_creator/
Vidya nerd is upset that he can't customize stuff in a game he's playing, so he tries to use CHEAT CODES, while being summoned from the shrine he is sitting at, into FANTASY WORLD as some kind of evil lord of chaos, with the power to edit the properties of anything, as if he was using software to do so.

Re:Monster
mangahere.co/manga/re_monster/
A man with the power to absorb the abilities and powers of whatever he consumes with no harm to himself is murdered, and is reincarnated with this ability (and his memories), as an orc.

Knights and Magic
mangahere.co/manga/knights_magic/
Great title, right? An overworked, yet highly motivated coder meets an untimely fate while admiring his latest Gundam model purchases, and wakes to find that he has been reborn in the FANTASY WORLD, Mecha Variant, where mechanical armor is the force majeure, and the magic of this world is ordered in formulae and algorythms similar to software programming.

Dungeon Seeker
mangahere.co/manga/dungeon_seeker/
An inversion of the overpowered MC in the fantasy world, our protagonist and his classmates are summoned to the fantasy world, and given great power to fight this world's menace. Oops, our hero has been granted pathetic stats akin to those of a background NPC, and is betrayed by those he thought to be his friends.

Toaru Ossan no VRMMO Katsudouki
mangahere.co/manga/toaru_ossan_no_vrmmo_katsudouki/
Our protagonist still lives in the real world, but has VRMMO adventures.

Only Sense Online
mangahere.co/manga/only_sense_online/
Our protagonist still lives in the real world, but has VRMMO adventures.

Bruh you don't hate vidya, you hate your life. It is directionless and devoid of fun.

I'm 22 now (obv virgin/neet like everyone else), for all my life I stood fast by my opinion that anime is children's fantasy and degenerate in the worst ways. But now I'm just so fucking bored of my pathetic life I'm willing to try it out. Does one only watch anime in Japanese with subs? Would it be retarded to watch anime with english dubs?
Are there any shows that aren't utterly simplistic moe shit? Generally, from the little experience I had watching mainstream anime (dragonball, conan, yugioh) as kid/teen, it was so simple that I figured the target audience is retards

TBH I watch anime with english dubs when I can, my boyfriend insists on subbed but eh.

There are bad dubs obviously but in most popular stuff they're perfectly fine (Cowboy Bebop, Code Geass, Ghost in the Shell, Madoka Magica, etc)

Into the oven, you absolute faggot.

Pro tip stop playing GTA Five

You watch them in Japanese without subs like God intended, you fucking faggot.

Subs always
Dubs are more often than not shit

stop expecting games to meet Holla Forums's standards

I simply can't start up any singleplayer game without getting instantly bored at the title and quit.

I feel the same

all these feels. I feel you user. I fucking understand exactly.

YOU KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS? I love videogames but they all fucking suck shit

I keep noticing that no matter how much fun I have with a video game, there is always something very wrong with it that prevents me from enjoying it as much as I should. I loved spore but I know it's way shittier than it should have been. they should have focused on the ameoba and the creature stage and made that more fun, but instead we get a shitty tribal/civ/space stage that is totally fucking boring.

in the creature stage you can't even swim because a monster always makes a cutscene and eats you. there's no underwater creature stage, and the game is full of limitations.

in every EA battlefield game, the demo's are great but the main game's guns are all balanced to death to make them all equally shitty.

WE ARE A HEALTHY REACTION TO AN UNHEALTHY WORLD!

why are videogames intentionally made SO FUCKING SHITTY! IM FUCKING MAD AND I WONT TAKE IT ANYMORE!

but that's not videogames

It's time you started fapping to twinks, then bears, then billy herrington.

Start playing shemale eroge games.

Play stuff like Dark Souls, Dragon's Crown, Dragons Dogma, and Sleeping Dogs if you want to play modern stuff. I admit that I have never played anything in the Souls series beyond KINGS FIELD, but whether I like it or not, it's apparently good. At least Demons Souls or whatever.

Get into emulation, friend. You have the treasures of an ancient civilization to pore through. See the best of the best, from before the left could shit in the punch bowl of entertainment, when only executive meddling could fuck up games.

Me, I'm going to avoid games until I rebuild the drive to play. I think the next game I'll get with be Dragon Quest Builders because I need something dumb and comfortable to dick around in, and I recently beat Dragon Quest, which this game takes place IMMEDIATELY after, if you chose to rule half the world like a fucking fool.

MY FUCKING NIGGER.

I know it's a doujin; I know this but I consider the whole story GOAT. Seriously, watching my bonfire neet slowly climb out of his funk and actually become a better human being.

I cannot recommend that manga enough.

Add some more, like
Kekkun Jubiwa Monogatari
Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo Dorei Majutsu
Tsuyokute New Saga
and so on
or Ane Naru Mono for extra feels.

You also forgot to mention that some of them were originally light novels, like Re:Monster for example.

Oh, I already have one of those in my recommendation text file. I'll check out the others you mentioned. I don't bother mentioning LNs, because they are ALWAYS disappointing. It seems like every LN turns to complete shit around chapter 120 or so.

Tsuyokute New Saga
mangahere.co/manga/tsuyokute_new_saga/
The hero has defeated the lord of evil! BUT EVERYONE IS FUCKING DEAD, AND THE WORLD IS IN RUINS. But what if you could do it all over again, retaining your knowledge of the events that had happened? Part Back to the Future meets Butterfly Effect. Law of Unintended Consequences is a ferocious bitch.

Rise of the Shield Hero
mangahere.co/manga/tate_no_yuusha_no_nariagari/
A man finds himself transported into a fantastic world with three others, after reading a strange book and losing consciousness. It starts out fucking infuriating, but then makes you feel better. Do not read if you're mad at any real-life woman for fucking you over.

Yuusha ga Shinda!
mangahere.co/manga/yuusha_ga_shinda/
The hero of legend arrives in a small village as a demon comes to devour the townsfolk! What good fortune! BUT THE FUTURE REFUSED TO CHANGE. The hero of legend is… DEAD?! It's up to the ultimate thigh man to reluctantly save the world in the hero's place.

The New Gate
mangahere.co/manga/the_new_gate/
Trapped in a hellish MMORPG with their lives on the line, players pin their hopes on Shin, the ultimate player. But as the final boss is defeated, releasing the captive players, something goes off the rails.

Isekai Maou to Shoukan Shoujo Dorei Majutsu
mangahere.co/manga/isekai_maou_to_shoukan_shoujo_dorei_majutsu/
Ignore the cringe-worthy commentary from the translator. Our hero (?) is summoned to the FANTASY WORLD to be the slave of two competing mages, but he had the good fortune to be equipped with a spell reversal ring in the MMORPG he was playing. The shoe is on the other foot, as our hero is in fact, the Lord of Demons, but doesn't have the personality to match.

Doesnt this mean that you just DONT like videogames? I mean if you said "I love cars but ever car is terrible" it would seem kind of off no?

I had this same problem. What I did is stop playing videogames altogether for about 5 months and just did other things instead. I gained a new appreciation for them and now I can play fucking everything.

Welcome to Holla Forums kiddo, I think you'll fit in nicely around here.

You aren't a kid anymore. You have to lower your expectations and wade through trash to find the gold. It's a lot like watching movies.

Pic related revived my love for vidya. Hadn't had so much fun in I don't know how long.

OP, you have to remember that video games are bad. But good video games are better than most things life has to offer.

Suicide is the only answer

Seriously though kill yourself OP, you and all the self pitying faggots in this thread who fall back to shit unfun timesinks like ASSFAGGOTS/MMOs because they're to lazy/stupid to find their own niche.
What the fuck are you still doing here?
Go back to cuckchan, theyll take you with open arms or go to another board.

Ive been playing videogames since I was 3 years old, started with a Mega Drive/Genesis and my first video game was Taz.
Ive been playing them avidly since then, and while Ive found that vidya going mainstream and the games that were a consequence of that are all mostly shit, especially after the 2008 crisis after a tech boom that saw lots of people coming in the hobby, both of which lowered companies use of experimentation and consumer standarts.
And yet there are still a shitton of good games out there, especially recently a ton of niche ones and the return of AA.

Find them, try them, and even if you dont get into them at first, force yourself and when you finally get the mechanics/get good, it will all finally click.
Either that or killing yourself to be honest

This really. Once you're forced to budget your time, you find more enjoyment in basically anything that doesn't have to do with your job. So long as your not there, it's a good time.

Thats how you become a casual

lol accurate fam

I have a question for OP and those in a similar state right now;

are you a NEET?

Not going to lie, this sums me up at the current moment.

If you suddenly develop shit taste. It doesn't suddenly make bad experiences good, but enhances the fun you're having. I'm probably not deceiving the experience well, but it's never made me enjoy something I wouldn't have liked.

You're still aroused by women, r-right?

Fuckoff casual

Whelp OP there are two possibilities;

If you're a NEET you really should look into getting a job, getting into a school, or really doing anything that can occupy a significant amount of time with some form of challenge to it. I'm not telling you to go climb a mountain but I am telling you to get out there and do something with your time that is real. Real challenges and real goals, even if its as shitty as getting up in the morning to put on a paper hat and flip a burger.
The reason why I say this is because video games are ENTERTAINMENT primarily and challenges secondary. Now of course the entertaining part of a video game is overcoming some challenge set by the game itself (shoot that guy, solve that puzzle, jump that gap!) but they are in the end empty and hollow challenges. The only thing you can ever achieve with a video game is being ENTERTAINED.

If you are in the opposite boat, you have a full time job or other obligations that take a chunk of your time then I may suggest you just reevaluate what this is doing to your tastes in games. I can't really describe what I mean without a bit of a blog post so please bear with me;
In highschool and college I used to be ok with and many times prefer super story heavy video games. Japanese RPGs, things that required lots of time investment in general and really unbroken continuity to know what to do from play time to play time.
When I finally landed a full time job (40+ hours a week) I was finding it really hard to keep up with any very long and very story driven game. I would have a window of maybe 2 or 3 hours a night where I could play a game and then I might not play it for a couple of days. When I turned it back on I would be completely lost for a while.
On top of that, I was starting to get really impatient with any dialogue scenes that seemed to go on forever. I was starting to get really annoyed when there were tons of cutscenes, even if it was all pretty to look at. I was even starting to hate pretty much any game that would spend hours on tutorials, anything that had a mandatory tutorial level set, and the list goes on.
However, I was enjoying the simple games of the past. I was enjoying indie games that were some form or roguelike or another. But yet I still kept gravitating towards those really story heavy games that required 20+ hours of investment to get through. Why not? I liked them in the past why the fuck can't I get into them now? Why the fuck does going through a town and talking to every single person just not seem very appealing to me anymore when I used to complain that people WOULDN'T do that and that's why they sucked at those types of games?

Well…it took a bit to click but I realized that my time constraints had changed my tastes. I got bored in long dialogue scenes and got frustrated when a cutscene would rip control from my hands and stop me from playing because PLAYING is exactly what I wanted to do. On some level I knew I had very little time to play these games and at a certain point, when the time is constrained, then anything in a game that isn't gameplay feels like just another chore you have to get through to actually PLAY.

Without knowing any of your other tastes, try out Eden of the East or Blood+ (NOT Blood-C) if you want something with an actual plot. Subbed of course.

If you just want complexity but don't mind some edge, Death Note and Code Geass are both good choices.

There are few anime that are objectively better dubbed (like the infamous Ghost Stories), with the only one I'd recommend to you being Baccano.

Shit, forgot to mention that Death Note has an amazing dub, and EotE's is acceptable too, but otherwise always default to sub.

I recommend Parasyte. The moral lessons are rather hamfisted and predictable, but other than that it's a pretty good watch.

thanks guys

Baccano!'s and Black Lagoon's dubs are master tier.

Star lifting and watch some anime. Not gonna fix vidya, but it'll make you feel better and give you something else to do to fill the void.

Im addition to working through my /vr/ backlogs including PS2, which is considered/vr/-material now I just got a job and have been working on getting /fit/ and making friends. I assume eventually I will be at a point in my life in which I am genuinely happy. Maybe I can get a gf when I'm /fit/ too.

Also, I'm way too behind on my Indonesian cartoons and picture books, so I will also attempt to get through those soon as well. Maybe a few extra comic books as well capeshit and otherwise. I will be long dead before I'm even 2% of the way through all of my backlogs, but hopefully I will enjoy the ride.

In short, my life is almost entirely reliant of fiction, but I'm trying to fix it.

Ebin "Holla Forums doesn't like videogames" meme xD have an upboat loool

That's because you got used to things.

Kinda like eating pizza every day.
The same mechanics that wouldn't have bothered you 10 years ago now feel stale and bad.

It's also part of experience. The more you see and play, the more refined the tastes become. It becomes easier to see flaws.

that's why (experienced) older people are the most critical of things, while young people eat every kind of shit right up.

Nice thumbnail faggot

i'm onto you nigger

Holla Forums has been overrun by shills in defense of the other user. Holla Forums doesn't tend to fuck around with anyone.

no it's because all this shit actually sucks

I think what he's trying to get at is that he likes video games conceptually, but there are way too many bad ones out there, even by Sturgeon's Law standards. Even the huge AAA shit tends to play really mediocre.

Not to put words in his mouth, but I feel like a lot of video games, even back when I was a kid (I was born in '90, so think N64 and a little bit of Game Boy and SNES) had the problem of not being fun at their core. That sounds really vague, but what I'm saying is that a huge amount of the design decisions go into a game are not only about selling more copies/microtransactions, but more importantly about doing so in a way that directly detracts from the fun. You had collectathons to sell guides, bullshit unavoidable deaths in arcade games to sap quarters, nickel-and-dime shit on modern mobile and MMO's, pumping stupid amounts of resources into unnecessary visual filters so that it runs like shit on half of your audience's computers and is more like a glorified movie than a game, but makes pretty trailers so it sells.

For instance God Hand and other Shinji Mikami games tend to go "fuck selling out, I'm gonna make a game that's designed well". And then they do that and stick a diamond in the rough without really "aging poorly".

kinda gets what was meant

Really? Then what especially bad would happen to Overlord, Mushoku Tensei and DanMachi around that time, to name just three?

yes.

Unplug your PC. Turn off your internet connection.

There, I just made videogames fun for you again. Book too. You don;t realize it until there's a power outage in your area & your internet goes out. I shitpost on Holla Forums 1000% more than I play videogames.

multiplayer might make it less stale OP
especially an MMO, if the community is allright