Seraph - Is this the 2D PN 03?

So, I've seem some stuff about this game and from what I could read:

Well, I looks kind of interesting, but it heavily promote the use of twitch and speed running, so, I don't know. But at least is not that expensive.
Anyone here tried it already?

Other urls found in this thread:

igg-games.com/seraph-free-download.html
web.archive.org/web/20160926174230/http://www.please
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Pre-order our game, Holla Forums.

Atleast it's not vague shitpost "marketing".

Do you have brain damage?

looks interesting, hell I saw someone talking about it in the Shovel Knight thread. I'll probably try it as soon as I get my paycheck.

The whole idea of not aiming is a bit weird do be honest. But I think there are ways to make the shooting works.

jeez, gaming needs more of this tbh
is the gameplay any good ?

What kind of mystery meat is she?

Meh. At least PN03 had sweet hip movements and weapons powered by the heroine rubbing her buttcheeks together.

igg-games.com/seraph-free-download.html

It's very fun so far. It's got this roguelite vibe going for it though so if that turns you off I doubt this will do something to change your mind. And while I really like the gameplay and understand why it's autoaim because it's very dodge heavy which is something I really love about the game, and hte movement is fun and fluid, but I wish it had that aspect of having me aim and shoot.

That's what I want to know too.

Type Angelical

Into the trash.

Thanks! I will try it.

Stop shilling your nigger game.

Shilling your own game or not, this looks like some uninspired xbox arcade shit with the mysterymeat waifubait angle pushed worse than Haydee.

I'm not saying that Seraph is necessarily bad, but:

Anyone who says that has clearly never actually played PN03, and is only referencing it in a pathetic attempt to appear more oldschool than they actually are.

How in the fuck is this similar to P.N.03, are these people retarded?

They are not, they are talking about acrobatic plus aiming being automatic.

But, about the comparisons. web.archive.org/web/20160926174230/http://www.please use archive.is/articles/2016-08-24-seraph-the-shooter-that-ditches-aiming

Ass aside I think Gungrave OD is a better game than PN03.

OP, you're a faggot.

that design (3rd pic) looks pretty boring.

100% for casuals

If it helps think more DMC3 gunslinger or Gungrave or PN03. I'm not saying it's exactly like those but it's worth a pirate just to see how it suits your fancy. I'm a big fan of the way it plays and roguelite games don't really affect me that much for at least a month of gameplay so I really like it and recommend it.

Where the hell are all the TPS indies?

You really think the liberal indie cucks are actually capable of making a 3D game that doesn't chug along in cinematic 20 fps, has stiff as fuck animations and hitboxes that aren't shit?

bought it, love it, fuck the haters-well worth the admission imo

feels casual on easier levels but can be challenging if you simply increase the difficulty (which the game scales automatically sort of as is…)

If games like Assault Android, Dustforce, Brigador and this one are any indication, yeah I'd like to see a dev of that calibre tackling a third person shooter.
Thing is it can go in so many ways, from games inspired by Max Panye, Syphon Filter or just like fan remakes of games that really deserve it like Oni or Psy Ops(sequel never)

igg link is up there, give it a go.

why can't the wests indie games keep up? Seems like the problem was never publishers but just pure incompetence when it comes to directing

here's a new japanese indie game by comparison

how the combat works, as the trailer only gives a very brief glimpse. Why can't Westerners design games more like this? Less 100% auto aim?

I don't want your brown people fetish game uk.

Speaking of Haydee, it came out today and all the reviews are similar to the way it was shilled on here.

It's simply a realistic depiction of a real British person.

It's pretty good; I ended up getting it after seeing some videos while it was still in EA since it actually had content and was receiving updates/community interaction from the devs.

Combat may seem easy with auto-aim always on, but the difficulty comes from having to manipulate skills, "blinks" and wall jumping to avoid enemies.

The game also works with a dynamic difficulty system, similar to God Hand: killing enemies without taking damage ranks it up which increases enemy stats and the chance for mini-boss' (I forget their names) to spawn. Taking damage, obviously, reduces your rank. You can also manually set a minimum rank to keep the challenge there no matter what.

Higher ranks mean more xp and gold or whatever it is to unlock skills or improve guns. Each level also gives you a choice of passive skills (max of 5) like shooting enemies puts a small DoT on them, "blinking" through an enemy hurts them, lifesteal, etc. So you can try different builds for more variety.

My only real gripe is how much she snaps to anything. Trying to dodge around enemies or attacks is a lot harder when she will automatically grab or latch onto walls when I dont want to be still.

Not that I'm complaining but what is it with jap games and scarecrow trickboarding?
Also if you're the weeb who keeps posting comiket threads I like you, keep up the good work user. Even though I think there's room for both jap and western indies.

I love a good game, like ori and the blind forest, but it's fucking pathetic the west is doing garbage like seraph and furi and trying to pass it off as something remotely good. I consider what I'm doing as showing people there are still great games being made out there.

Hold up fuckboy what's wrong with Furi and Seraph?

100% auto aim and boss rush garbage

Theres like 2 bosses total in Seraph; what are you talking about?

I don't like you that much anymore.

He's talking about Furi

you asked what was wrong with each game

lol no

I don't think they're a nigger, but could pass as a mudslime

What's the difference? Who wants a brown chimp?

I didnt.

Oh right.

But if we're going to be vapid with criticisms then doesnt even have enemies that attack back.

it does, the footage is showing you how the combat system feels.

mixed up the id's because I couldn't believe more than one person might actually like furi or seraph. What is actually good about the game play in either of these games

Furi:
I admit it's not without its flaws and I'd give anything to have it play in actual 3D with vertical dodging and aiming and shit but the way it is there's very little I personally find about it that's bad(for example the dodge chargeup giving this 0.1 second of delay for dodging and the first three bosses being really easy, and of course the walking simulator parts), and in contrast I've enjoyed everything good about it massively. And to me personally Boss Rush games are very compelling. Hero's Core is one of my most played games.

As for Seraph I haven't played it much to talk about it in much detail but the movement and dodging is really fun and fluid and in spite of 100% auto aim the dynamic difficulty does start giving you a real fun challenge. The whole industrial angel aesthetic it has is also really neato and the two bosses I fought were a lot of fun.

Of course I'm not really an objective person and just about anything that feels really fun to play becomes an instant favorite of mine so I'm probably not making that good of an argument, especially for Seraph. Which is why I recommend you try before you buy.

1. KILL YOURSELF YOU FUCKING LEFTIST.
2. She’s obviously a nigger.

sorry, I meant xe. I've never seen a black with remotely soft hair or a nose that wasn't wide & flat, which is the problem

I don't know about weave but you're right about her most likely being north african

I remember back in college I had seen someone with those really bright orange/honey eyes and a somewhat similar hairstyle. I don't know about anyone else but those eyes look gorgeous.

Niggers can't be angels

I don't know about angles but it's kfc that gives niggers chicken wings.

This is a fictional depiction of a negress.

The libcucks avoid showing the negro in his full, bestial glory for fear of repulsing the goyim.

Go be a nigger lover someplace else.

namen? hilfe

Sakuna, as mentioned by the video above it.
I'll be honest I have no idea where to find comiket games and the more obscure jap titles so I can't help you out with a yarr there.

u wot

fucking argentinians posting on my board

why is vanessa so perfect Holla Forums?

Yeah, sure.

Because PS2 era capcom grills are 10/10
I guess Dragon's Dogma's Mercedes also counts.

Those fucking pants are horrible.
Those people are called retards user.

user, you are committing a common error: You want western to be eastern. No, just no.
Both are good in their own ways, and you can like one more than the other, but please, don't talk like one is completely superior than the other.
The most important thing is how different they are, and that make both more interesting. Let me put like this: Western developers probably would not make a good 2hu but Momodora was a good tentative, but Eastern would no be able to deliver a Hotline Miami too I wonder if they tried something similar.

HOLY SHIT

Isn't momodora an eastern dev?
I really liked Reverie Under the Moonlight. Even though Rabi Ribi is arguably better made I think I enjoyed Momodora more.

that looks like grand chase/elsword with better graphics and smoother gameplay and it's nothing new or unpopular by far

His brazilian, nigger, respect our country

Damn I'm fucked up. Fix'd

A little too muslim for my liking… but tolerable. I prefer the Remember Me style of dark girls.

BRs make some surprisingly good games. Have you played Oniken or Odallus the Dark Call?

No.
I know I should

Actually I just realized I didn't find any checkpoints while playing

Here you go.
D3486AD4564722F650E81EF346D9BA69CE716D1B (odallus)
And you can find Oniken on igg.
Also you can find hidden checkpoint orbs in places. Look around more.

Oh, indie 3D more than 20 FPS?
Hum…
And hell, this list could continue for quite some time. Try to be less retard next time.

Is lastfight a power stone clone
They make power stone clones now? Rad.

T-thanks.

come on user
just because you are anonymous here it doesn't mean you have to go out of your way to make yourself look like a retard

It's good and the girls are busty.

What, you want more games on that list? It's not that hard really.

Gets boring quick, all the levels are PROCEDURALLY GENERATED which makes them extremely uninspired and samey. So is the enemy placement, which can either fuck you or make a level babby tier easy. Also dying can set you back more than 1 level if you didn't look for checkpoints, which is rather pointless. Overall 5/10 got bored quickly

Pros:

Cons:

Overall, not as cool as PN03, but I can see why that comparison would be made.

It's a game of dodging, first and foremost. Weapon management and active abilities add more things to juggle mentally, which works pretty well with the dynamic difficulty scaling.

I bought it for $8. Worth it.

Yeah, the procedural generation hurts it. The game-overs are not an issue though.

I find it odd how so many games go for procedural generation and end up with like 5 reused maps, when they could easily just do more than 5 maps and string it into an actual story or progression instead of repeating those levels a lot.

In some cases like Invisible Inc I like the procedural generation but at times it generates some serious bullshit levels.

Frankly, I would like to see the procedural generation as a plus, not as the main way the games usually are built upon. It could be part of an endless challenge or something like that. But good level design is really important.

Agreed, that sort of endless level mode gives some fun replayability to games especially if it unlocks more stuff.
I really miss extra game modes in vidya. Even jukebox modes are rare so that you can get jewed for the OST.

Is the overall sound track any good ?

There are a couple of cool tracks but overall it's nothing special.

I bet you faggot love grinding or killing pointless enemies to artificially lengthen the game.

Can't forget mahfugging Carpenter Brut. The Toxic Avenger also got some really good stuff into the game, like Make This Right (surprisingly not bad if nightcored) or the credits song, which are superb, but you can't really ignore Carpenter Brut when You're Mine and What We Fight For are two of the best soundtracks in the game.

By the way, most of the themes in that game are synthwave.

Take it easy son, the game just launched.

Looks like a better Dust.

What's with these shitskin color palettes.

Its shit

Not a game. Off topic.

Dude, good games are being made both here and in the east. Stop sucking the medias dick and look around. There are hundreds of good indie games being launch left and right. Just because they are not on the front page of some glorified blog it does not mean they do not exist.
It's amazing how people love to hate western developers in general because of the fucking clique that the media loves to cover. Take your head out of your ass and look for the good ones. By the way, east is also so full of crap too. Hell, look at how many VNs are being launched, or generic rpgs that really have nothing to make them shine.
Every industry have trash. If you want to point at the trash, not problem, that when you point at the trash and say that's all, you are a fucking liar.

why do you think i mentioned ori and the blind forest, which despite its retarded rpg system (which is very common in western games, a sign of poor direction!) was a good game.

The edge in this thread is almost cutting my face from through the monitor.

>inb4 "LEL i le triggered u xDDDDD go back to le /ftypol/!!!"

This really feels like a viral thread. For that reason, I'm going to give you my blunt opinion.

-I never played P.N.03, it's fairly obscure even among fans of the console it was on, so that's not much of a selling point.
-Indies have effectively killed my interest in 2D anything. Especially if it looks like a glorified Newgrounds game.
-What is your obsession with flat, black female protagonists? I don't care if she has anime eyes, everything about her design is unappealing to me and stinks of SJW. The only way you can get away with a black female lead and still appeal to me is if she has big, jiggly tits. I passed on Bombshell because that girl had small tits and problem hair. D is the worldwide average. Slap some tits on her or fuck off.

But you won't actually listen to this serious criticism, so just fuck off. And don't give me any of that "But she ha tits, kinda…" BULL. If they're not big, prominent and on display then fuck you.

I remember when I had finished Assault Android Cactus and tried to have a discussion here about good strategies for higher scores. People just wanted to avoid talking about anything game related at first. Of course you can't use the "Holla Forums is one person" argument seriously, but the reactions when someone talks about new games here that are not AAA is almost always the same. It was like this with Assault, it was the same with Agony and now I'm seeing this once again.
Holla Forums is not one person, but damn, so many people here love to act the same way.

hey user, i appreciate the honesty

i posted earlier that i liked it, im in a position where i can afford to 'take risks' but your points are valid and tbh i think i would like some bigger tits :D

i dont see her as 'black' as much as brown tbh… but i can see your point

i think the animation in the game is pretty terrible for the main character- her run is goofy, her jumps feel jittery, and the guns have no recoil

imo though, its still fun for the price of admission… again, i dont know everyone else's position but paying for a game doesnt kill me like it did when i was younger so i dont mind tossing dollars at devs to keep trying

cheers sir

Assault android is the fucking best. If you're the guy who helped me out in S ranking as Shiitake thanks a bunch.

I can already see the steam tags:

However I doubt it will appear under "popular releases". See you in the week-long deals for the next 6 months.

I'm not saying people don't do viral threads on Holla Forums, but saying this is one shows how much people don't really know what is a viral thread.
People here are not able to see the difference between genuine interest and just marketing, but I think it would not be easy anyway.

No I wasn't, but it's good to know more people enjoyed that game. It's great!

Cactus is brilliant, and I don't even like twin-stick shooters.

Good taste, my brothers.